• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
A week after my estimated delivery date, I have finally received my firewood 7 and WPA! I'm so happy it came today, I would have gone crazy to go thru another sunday of no postal lol.

This device is just as good as I remember, no scratch that, even BETTER than I remember. Combustion like hits at the hold of a button, and battery life is much better than I originally assumed (samsung 25R, but if you have suggestions on a better battery for the FW7, lmk!). I've been testing it out on CBD, so I'll be doing the real thing soon. This is honestly the perfect vape for me, I hope it holds up over time!

Gigsabits53

Still enjoying my FW7! I just love the form factor and the one button interface. Took me a few bowls to get the hang of it, but once I did it's been producing lots of vapor. This thing can hit very hard. Exactly what I was looking for in a portable.

Vaporware

Well my Inception V2 stem arrived from O'Connell's Woodwork and I love it! Took a little bit of adjusting with the seal but after a couple of goes Ive got it set so I get great airflow but also extra cooling!!

Works well, but I would only recommend for home use as the glass stem does stick out quite far

If you push the stem in too far, do the inner tube of the inception stem and the small adapter tube in the FW7 almost seal together? Are you finding it easy to avoid?

It can definitely work, but with mine it seems like it needs to be carefully positioned and unless the parts are sticky with residue it’s not very hard to push them together.

@Corvoed I use Molicel P26As in mine, but they seem to be slightly thicker than most and they were a very tight fit when it was new. I used to put a thin ribbon in under them just to make sure I could get them back out.

If your battery compartment seems very tight I’m not sure I’d try them, but if you think there’s room the P26A is my recommendation.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm still rotating a Sony VTC6 and LG HG2 for my best performance, I don't want to risk it with the thick wrappings as I had some tear on my LG HE4, from my beta unit is all...

Stonedbadger

If you push the stem in too far, do the inner tube of the inception stem and the small adapter tube in the FW7 almost seal together? Are you finding it easy to avoid?

It can definitely work, but with mine it seems like it needs to be carefully positioned and unless the parts are sticky with residue it’s not very hard to push them together.

@Corvoed I use Molicel P26As in mine, but they seem to be slightly thicker than most and they were a very tight fit when it was new. I used to put a thin ribbon in under them just to make sure I could get them back out.

If your battery compartment seems very tight I’m not sure I’d try them, but if you think there’s room the P26A is my recommendation.
Oh yes you cant push it in too far, but I have found a nice sweet spot!

ezpz

Another cooling stoner solution not bad either: the stinger attached to an almond tree! :)
I would love to hear your thoughts on that beautiful wood stem of yours. 😂 Fit nice in the channel? Ease of retracting? Wooden taste? Cooling compared to stock stem? Would cleaning it be a PITA? Link? Sorry for the million questions, but that stem is gorgeous.

oldbay

So I impulse bought another unit when the drops started back up, thinking it would be nice to have a backup. It finally arrived and I think most of my nitpicks have been resolved! I got my first one used and it came with both the OG skinny mouthpiece as well as the dimpled glass adapter, so I'm not sure when it was manufactured. The new unit's mouthpiece stays in place much better, and the button feels sturdier and has a small depression around it for more reliable contact regardless of how you're holding it. The loading funnel is pretty slick too.

The older unit I have is really a fantastic vape, but I'm pleased to see these incremental improvements making it even better!

florduh

I've been mostly using the TM lately. Went back to the FW recently. Really like the flavor, and it seems to squeeze a little more out of the flower. But in future iterations, I'd like to see the airflow opened up a bit. The 7 is a bit more open than previous FW's. Still feels tight coming from the TM or the cup-vape.

Duba

Accessory Maker
I would love to hear your thoughts on that beautiful wood stem of yours. 😂 Fit nice in the channel? Ease of retracting? Wooden taste? Cooling compared to stock stem? Would cleaning it be a PITA? Link? Sorry for the million questions, but that stem is gorgeous.
Thanks! inside de wood stem, there is the Stinger from Simrell (with intercooler). It works perfectly to refresh and disturb vapor. It fits nice in the Fw7, it protudes but it's stronger than the glass one. the MP is fine in mouth and the draw/cooling allows to produce large dense clouds!
it's not a major advance for the Fw7 but a good stoner delirium

Vaporware

I've been mostly using the TM lately. Went back to the FW recently. Really like the flavor, and it seems to squeeze a little more out of the flower. But in future iterations, I'd like to see the airflow opened up a bit. The 7 is a bit more open than previous FW's. Still feels tight coming from the TM or the cup-vape.

The thin adapter tube (which is just a short version of the original stem) is the problem here. You’d have to replace at least the ceramic piece it goes into to open up to the full airflow capacity of the dimpled stem, but in case you haven’t tried it yet the good news is the WPA is a lot more open!

I do feel like I might get a denser hit a bit faster with the extra restriction, but if I slow down a little more I can still get more vapor than I can hold with the WPA. If I had to choose one way to use it and I didn’t need to keep it all in my pocket I’d go with the WPA.

florduh

The thin adapter tube (which is just a short version of the original stem) is the problem here. You’d have to replace at least the ceramic piece it goes into to open up to the full airflow capacity of the dimpled stem, but in case you haven’t tried it yet the good news is the WPA is a lot more open!

I do feel like I might get a denser hit a bit faster with the extra restriction, but if I slow down a little more I can still get more vapor than I can hold with the WPA. If I had to choose one way to use it and I didn’t need to keep it all in my pocket I’d go with the WPA.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder about the WPA attachment. Not a big water guy, but there have been some really cool dry J-hook type setups here.

It doesn't need to be a totally open draw. I'd just like to see the small stem opened up a tad. Might be in the minority though.

Shit Snacks

So I impulse bought another unit when the drops started back up, thinking it would be nice to have a backup. It finally arrived and I think most of my nitpicks have been resolved! I got my first one used and it came with both the OG skinny mouthpiece as well as the dimpled glass adapter, so I'm not sure when it was manufactured. The new unit's mouthpiece stays in place much better, and the button feels sturdier and has a small depression around it for more reliable contact regardless of how you're holding it. The loading funnel is pretty slick too.

The older unit I have is really a fantastic vape, but I'm pleased to see these incremental improvements making it even better!

Nice! Yeah pretty sure this is the finalized FW7 now, there were basically three iterations (although mine is sort of between your two, I think it is closer to your new one so I'm just counting it as three versions with my beta as the first, pre hula stem design)

ezpz

Thanks! inside de wood stem, there is the Stinger from Simrell (with intercooler). It works perfectly to refresh and disturb vapor. It fits nice in the Fw7, it protudes but it's stronger than the glass one. the MP is fine in mouth and the draw/cooling allows to produce large dense clouds!
it's not a major advance for the Fw7 but a good stoner delirium
Ouch. A little too expensive for me. Looks sick AF though. At least I'll have a use for that koa wood pen that I'll get after working for like 80 years. 😂
It doesn't need to be a totally open draw. I'd just like to see the small stem opened up a tad. Might be in the minority though.
I hear ya. I mainly use the wpa, but when using the stock setup, its a little tiresome on the cheeks when taking a 25+ second DTL pull (like the TM), on what feels like sucking through a Dynavap M.

florduh

Ouch. A little too expensive for me. Looks sick AF though. At least I'll have a use for that koa wood pen that I'll get after working for like 80 years. 😂

I hear ya. I mainly use the wpa, but when using the stock setup, its a little tiresome on the cheeks when taking a 25+ second DTL pull (like the TM), on what feels like sucking through a Dynavap M.

Funny you say that. I've used various vapcap stems on the FW. Including the M. Using the carb was kind of nice. A little awkward, but nice. A future version of the FW that allows you to easily use a carb might be cool.

florduh,
Reactions: ezpz

ezpz

Funny you say that. I've used various vapcap stems on the FW. Including the M. Using the carb was kind of nice. A little awkward, but nice. A future version of the FW that allows you to easily use a carb might be cool.
Adjustable airflow. Not a bad idea actually. :tup:

ezpz,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Came to this thread stalking the OGB j-hook, specifically @bossman’s excellent pics of his custom hook on a FW7. I had a FW7 in my cart last year but the skinny mouthpiece looked like too much work. It doesn’t look like that anymore!

So this arrived today from last week’s drop:

Visually, a bit thicker than I expected but the unit feels great in hand with good heft. The matched grain across pieces is the kind of detail you want from artisan work.

Love the dark wood and green glass stem. Love the refined, simple vibe. With the haptic interface, it feels organic and natural even though it’s basically a battery-powered furnace. Solid relax gear.

Only took a test drive but draws are comfortable with the stock stem. Vapor is thick and flavorful though the presets run a bit hot for me. I find the draw has just enough restriction to give good feedback without actually feeling restricted.

Ironically, I didn’t spring for the WPA because my j-hook budget just vanished and then some. Time to get back on the hunt!

Duba

Accessory Maker
Yep, that's why i said "it's not a major advance", the spiked glass MP works great!

alex91

I’m thinking about ordering the FW7, but usually a new version is released in august/september, right? I’m honestly not sure If I should wait a few months to see what’s new in the FW8 or just grab a 7 right now. I guess I’d only wish the bowl was a bit bigger, but other than that it seems a really great complement to my Dynavap - basically I’m looking for an electric Dynavap. I really like the convection/conduction heating mix and it’s such a beauty.

Shit Snacks

I’m thinking about ordering the FW7, but usually a new version is released in august/september, right? I’m honestly not sure If I should wait a few months to see what’s new in the FW8 or just grab a 7 right now. I guess I’d only wish the bowl was a bit bigger, but other than that it seems a really great complement to my Dynavap - basically I’m looking for an electric Dynavap. I really like the convection/conduction heating mix and it’s such a beauty.

Probably not til November December earliest this time we've heard, grab an FW7 now if you can, sounds like you will enjoy it! And the bowl is perfect size for efficiency imo :tup:

Top Bottom