• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hi guys, I'm also based in Europe and looking at the FW7. I'm looking for a quick hitter to use on the ski slopes. I would prefer not to worry about battery life so that's why the interchangeable batteries look so good on this device. Anyone has experience with this vape in cold weather?

I've used it in cold weather many times below freezing and a couple times below 0 (not extended...stepped outside, FW had been inside with me at room temp). Worked much better in those conditions than my Tinymight for example. Pure convection has to work that much harder to get the freezing air up to vaping temps.

I dont ski but I'm not sure this would be my vape of choice if I did... I'm not sure how weather resistant it really is. Or a fumble into the snow or whatever. I suppose if you're careful it should be fine?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi guys, I'm also based in Europe and looking at the FW7. I'm looking for a quick hitter to use on the ski slopes. I would prefer not to worry about battery life so that's why the interchangeable batteries look so good on this device. Anyone has experience with this vape in cold weather?

Yeah this is not something I would have thought of, to use while skiing, but maybe could be good, I don't know lol it is great!

Shit Snacks,

Gomaruana

I've only done it once and it was such an unforgettable experience! It was in my combustion days though. Now I'm looking into an option to vape in the snow. I have a mighty and an arizer air, but those are both session vapes. At home I switched to the Herborizer and E-Nano and my portables are gathering dust. My Mighty's battery life is reduced by a lot and the air would be my choice to take with me right now because of swappable batteries.

Shit Snacks

I've only done it once and it was such an unforgettable experience! It was in my combustion days though. Now I'm looking into an option to vape in the snow. I have a mighty and an arizer air, but those are both session vapes. At home I switched to the Herborizer and E-Nano and my portables are gathering dust. My Mighty's battery life is reduced by a lot and the air would be my choice to take with me right now because of swappable batteries.

Yeah one time long long ago my brother and I smoked from a chillum dugout before snowtubing with the family many years ago and it was fucking amazing lol (I think I was in college at the time, early days just getting into weed) Anyway It sounds like you might need a FW7 in your life regardless, if you can get one where you are somehow... The only other option for you I feel like would be the grasshopper, but is that really an option either lol Post in AskFC for more reccs!

Jason Mendoza

You mean the old stock stem without the cooling? That one's not available anymore, it is just the cooling stem set up now... I have not tried my old stock stem with the wooden mouthpiece block, don't feel much motivation to after the original original where it got too hot on my lips, though I'm sure this one does not have that problem?
Late to reply but yes I like the skinny stem that came with mine. I haven't been running it hot enough I think. Do the hydro tubes hold enough water to make a difference? I'm now on the hunt for that triple right angle stem on page 265. If I request a custom order, I wonder if anyone else would want one too. I got the link to oregon glass blowers.

Shit Snacks

Late to reply but yes I like the skinny stem that came with mine. I haven't been running it hot enough I think. Do the hydro tubes hold enough water to make a difference?

When you say the hydro tubes, what are you referring to exactly? What tubes... I don't think I would want to use a hydro tube with my FW7 unless I could get an adapter in a u-shape to keep it flat as I like to using with WPA, but still have not tried mine through water....

I'm now on the hunt for that triple right angle stem on page 265. If I request a custom order, I wonder if anyone else would want one too. I got the link to oregon glass blowers.

If you mean the blue one, the micro 14 mm male hook I posted, that is indeed a custom though it is not from OGB and I do not believe he is able to make that exactly... He may be able to make something similar in clear glass, though it will be larger I am sure... I only got the female pieces custom from him, the spiked L hook and triple right angle sidecar hook designs that he now offers on the site, since there are not cheap and I could use them with more variety of vapes... The blue custom I got, that actually was even more expensive than those on its own, like I said it is not an easy job, so sorry to tease you all with that one, if it cannot be acquired (as the person who made it for me, cannot do custom orders now anyway, too much wholesale)

the_coolestguy

Also any tips on loading? I have a funnel on the way but this thing is a bit cumbersome for some reason.

I've been taking my FW7 everywhere (think FW7, keys, wallet...in that order) and loading on the go was my biggest issue. I ended up grabbing some 5ml Plastic Test Tubes off amazon as the size of the top is pretty identical to that of the FW7 bowl. It's literally been unscrew, tap..tap..tap, good to go.

5ml Plastic Test Tubes

west-elec

Just went over mine w dynawax and it looks amazing! May have smeared a tiny amount over the ceramic square that covers the bowl. Cleaned it as well as possible. Shouldn't be an issue? Hoping not! Was able to avoid otherwise.
No issues, it would melt away and should be non toxic. Iso swab before use if concerned.

Jason Mendoza

When you say the hydro tubes, what are you referring to exactly? What tubes... I don't think I would want to use a hydro tube with my FW7 unless I could get an adapter in a u-shape to keep it flat as I like to using with WPA, but still have not tried mine through water....

If you mean the blue one, the micro 14 mm male hook I posted, that is indeed a custom though it is not from OGB and I do not believe he is able to make that exactly... He may be able to make something similar in clear glass, though it will be larger I am sure... I only got the female pieces custom from him, the spiked L hook and triple right angle sidecar hook designs that he now offers on the site, since there are not cheap and I could use them with more variety of vapes... The blue custom I got, that actually was even more expensive than those on its own, like I said it is not an easy job, so sorry to tease you all with that one, if it cannot be acquired (as the person who made it for me, cannot do custom orders now anyway, too much wholesale)
Yes. I've been looking for that, (the blue) searching U bend, 180 degree return, etc. I looked at evey page on OGB and don't see anything close enough to what I'm looking for. If I keep it inverted, the basket won't sit right on top of the heater. For the unregulated heater on the Mi for example, without burning the herb.

The hydrotube - I'm seeing more manuf's release theese.
Like a calyx with vaporxhale or this pic by davinci. Some are even smaller than the davinci ($69 & sold out). I wonder if it's a gimmick. Do the smaller ones hold enough water to make a difference?

solo-hydrotube.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yes. I've been looking for that, (the blue) searching U bend, 180 degree return, etc. I looked at evey page on OGB and don't see anything close enough to what I'm looking for. If I keep it inverted, the basket won't sit right on top of the heater. For the unregulated heater on the Mi for example, without burning the herb.

The hydrotube - I'm seeing more manuf's release theese.
Like a calyx with vaporxhale or this pic by davinci. Some are even smaller than the davinci ($69 & sold out). I wonder if it's a gimmick. Do the smaller ones hold enough water to make a difference?

solo-hydrotube.jpg

Oh yeah, like the old pinnacle water tool, I have one of those and have used it with many vapes, it does cool a bit, plus the wider vapor path, you can also use it dry for some cooling without water ofcourse. I think it is enough to make a difference, depending on the piece, they are not all created equal, I had a knock off one from DHgate originally that had too much splashback... But yeah honestly I think something like the female vigreux cooler made by Phineas sold at vgoodiez (sold out right now I think but they will get more) it's better than these mini hydro tubes...

But yeah to get a sort of u-shape adapter you will definitely need to go custom, I bet OGB can make you a simple one, if you just want it to be 14 to 14, in a u-shape, I don't think that would be too expensive for him, it is when you need precise specifications and more bends or spikes that it gets really pricey to go custom. Just hit him up with an email!

However I'm not sure your point, about basket sitting right on the heater, related to Milaana (not firewood)?

Shit Snacks,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Oh and buy one of these for loading:

I ordered this and it came in today...I’ve got a handful of RWWs tools but no scoop and tamps...and this one is perfect it matches the firewood and both and scoop and tamp are the perfect size for the oven

551-AA0-FE-0933-4225-9-CFD-939-BCE36-F48-E.jpg

Last edited:

Jason Mendoza

Quick question. The WPA has a larger exit port than the device. Is there a benefit, in any way, to buying the WPA if someone never vapes with water?

I hate the word vape. Bad connotations like alcoholic, smoker, druggie. What else could I use?

Shit Snacks

Quick question. The WPA has a larger exit port than the device. Is there a benefit, in any way, to buying the WPA if someone never vapes with water?

I hate the word vape. Bad connotations like alcoholic, smoker, druggie. What else could I use?

Vape is fine, but yeah what can we do, I like aromatize but now that's the name of the vapbong! Anyway yes the WPA is worth it for jayhook use, I have still never used mine through water... It is a different experience than the stock setup, I like the versatility!

Jason Mendoza

Vape is fine, but yeah what can we do, I like aromatize but now that's the name of the vapbong! Anyway yes the WPA is worth it for jayhook use, I have still never used mine through water... It is a different experience than the stock setup, I like the versatility!
Thank you. One of the folks that responded to me about shipping to EU doesn’t use water. I want to make sure they don’t regret getting a WPA too. Especially since this is a one time opportunity.

Can you expound on the benefits?

Shit Snacks

Thank you. One of the folks that responded to me about shipping to EU doesn’t use water. I want to make sure they don’t regret getting a WPA too. Especially since this is a one time opportunity.

Can you expound on the benefits?

Yeah I think I posted about it here a few pages back in fact, if you can skim back, I was explaining to bossman why he should get the WPA as well as another member I think... Basically it is easier to keep clean longer with a more direct path, and it changes the ergonomics, allows you to get a lot more versatility in your cooling options and visibility without need for water at all!

Jason Mendoza

Yeah I think I posted about it here a few pages back in fact, if you can skim back, I was explaining to bossman why he should get the WPA as well as another member I think... Basically it is easier to keep clean longer with a more direct path, and it changes the ergonomics, allows you to get a lot more versatility in your cooling options and visibility without need for water at all!
Thank you. Do you know what the 1/2" screens on the FW site is for? 3/8 goes in the fw but I don't know about the other.

Jason Mendoza,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I ordered this and it came in today...I’ve got a handful of RWWs tools but no scoop and tamps...and this one is perfect it matches the firewood and both and scoop and tamp are the perfect size for the oven

551-AA0-FE-0933-4225-9-CFD-939-BCE36-F48-E.jpg
Super cool. Might have to get that tool as I have a FW7 expected to ship in a few weeks and of course love my OGB corncob.

Is your j-hook 14mm? Both mine are are 18mm for use with my Splinter Z and Tinymight. I've been in no hurry to order tree adapter. Is this what I need?

Texus

Super cool. Might have to get that tool as I have a FW7 expected to ship in a few weeks and of course love my OGB corncob.

Is your j-hook 14mm? Both mine are are 18mm for use with my Splinter Z and Tinymight. I've been in no hurry to order tree adapter. Is this what I need?

That adapter would work. Which reminds me that I have 18 mm female glass I could use with this too.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

thanks! Yeah I definitely would recommend it to go with the FW it’s pretty much an ideal tool for it.

yup this is a 14mm OGB piece, actually a 14mm male to male adapter from OGB too. It’s an awesome combo you should definitely try it out when yours shows up!

looks like the right adapter to me!

Shit Snacks

Thank you. Do you know what the 1/2" screens on the FW site is for? 3/8 goes in the fw but I don't know about the other.

Sorry no, maybe previous models? I thought the screen that is inside the FW7 chamber is a half inch screen?? Never swapped mine

Yasss cannot wait for you to try this thing!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

Texus

Inception J-hook arrived today, along with a 14mm male to 14mm male adapter. Wow what impressive cooling. Need to work out the most ergonomic way to hold that combo, but wow that J-hook is great. Highly recommended, especially if that code is still working.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Inception J-hook arrived today, along with a 14mm male to 14mm male adapter. Wow what impressive cooling. Need to work out the most ergonomic way to hold that combo, but wow that J-hook is great. Highly recommended, especially if that code is still working.

Mine arrived yesterday as welll... didn't get to open it up yet though. If its anything like my other hook I hold it in my left hand, button facing me and press/hold with my left thumb. Rotating the FW until its in a somewhat ergonomic position

Top Bottom