• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

hippogriff

All aboard! There's at least three of us here w orders in. Thing is, with Firewood, we have a dedicated engineer designing and making a new vape for us almost every year. So we get a very thought through design w great materials for less than a big company could charge for a similar effort. I don't reserve or prepay as a general rule, but Marc communicates and follows through and does really nice work, so it's a fun ride.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
I don't reserve or prepay as a general rule, but Marc communicates and follows through and does really nice work, so it's a fun ride.
The service I’ve received from Marc has been the best of any vape company/individual I’ve dealt with. That and the quality of his products make it a no brainier for me :science:

While I’m here: Would I be right in saying this is the first On-demand, Hybrid convection/conduction, portable vaporiser.. ever?:o

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Well, I have a couple of videos done, sorry there is no commentary. This write up is first impressions to give you guys a perspective on how the device varies from previous models.

This vape is most definitely a hybrid that really utilizes conduction whereas the 5 and 6 tried to use conduction with convection but it was barely present. The 7's conduction is strong enough for you to roast a bowl without inhaling, I will be doing temperature tests to see how fast it heats up and what temps the walls are reaching. Since the conduction is having a more primary focus I do find myself waiting a bit longer for the unit to buzz that its at temp for the initial hit. Its still faster than 95% percent of vapes on the market and now it always gives a pretty solid first draw. The conduction also results in a deeper, quicker extraction; even on the lowest preset unless my unit was just calibrated high I can get a much faster extraction than all previous Firewoods, 1-3 hits (especially if I don't let off on the button).

There is no more storage chamber or attempts to make loading/swapping otg easier, this is fine with me as I would prefer more emphasis on performance than an emphasis on features. However. I will say loading without a tool it can be a bit annoying because unlike the 6 there isn't a ridge to prevent the herb from spilling off the flat ceramic bowl.

The button has reverted back to being visible but is very small, I would prefer bigger and it to be more notably clicky than the 5 but I already like it more than the 6's. Time will tell whether or not it is too small or placed in a bad spot for comfort but I don't see me having too many gripes with the new button compared to the previous.

The mouthpiece has a neat slider to assist with pulling it out promoting actually being able to push it back in. Overall it is pretty much the same design as the 5/6 for the pathing and form but the slider is a welcome addition. There is also a water pipe adapter included, mine didn't come with a glass adapter but I was able to rig something up and this vape (unlike its predecessors) really works with water. Previous models even with my adapters it wasn't really a phenomenal piece for water, I can say with the change to conduction this is no longer the case and it gets my glass scary thick.

If you can't tell based on the video its the same length as the 6 but a bit shorter, literally a strand of hair wider. Amazing Marc is able to make such powerful and compact units.

Conduction does result in the flavor souring faster but this unit is still just as pure and remains to have that classic signature you'd expect from the materials Marc uses. Battery life seems to be identical to predecessors but maybe even a bit better since the extraction rate is a bit more consistent and faster. I have had a couple of moments where the battery door was so snug I felt I need a tool to give it an initial budge, it seems inserting a battery does make it notably tighter.

I have really been waiting for this unit since the Firewood 4, I wanted the 5 to improve performance and it did in a way, but I say it improved most in comfort and usage method, 6 was essentially a sidegrade improvement where performance was identical at best but increasing the bowl size didn't result with as great usage with smaller bowls. This unit acknowledges the performance was a hinder with the last 2 generations along with ease of use being setback with the convection design. To me, it's seeming like the 7 fixes in the areas that were really needed to be improved in order to be competitive with the current and future generation of vaporizers.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Well, I have a couple of videos done, sorry there is no commentary. This write up is first impressions to give you guys a perspective on how the device varies from previous models.

This vape is most definitely a hybrid that really utilizes conduction whereas the 5 and 6 tried to use conduction with convection but it was barely present. The 7's conduction is strong enough for you to roast a bowl without inhaling, I will be doing temperature tests to see how fast it heats up and what temps the walls are reaching. Since the conduction is having a more primary focus I do find myself waiting a bit longer for the unit to buzz that its at temp for the initial hit. Its still faster than 95% percent of vapes on the market and now it always gives a pretty solid first draw. The conduction also results in a deeper, quicker extraction; even on the lowest preset unless my unit was just calibrated high I can get a much faster extraction than all previous Firewoods, 1-3 hits (especially if I don't let off on the button).

There is no more storage chamber or attempts to make loading/swapping otg easier, this is fine with me as I would prefer more emphasis on performance than an emphasis on features. However. I will say loading without a tool it can be a bit annoying because unlike the 6 there isn't a ridge to prevent the herb from spilling off the flat ceramic bowl.

The button has reverted back to being visible but is very small, I would prefer bigger and it to be more notably clicky than the 5 but I already like it more than the 6's. Time will tell whether or not it is too small or placed in a bad spot for comfort but I don't see me having too many gripes with the new button compared to the previous.

The mouthpiece has a neat slider to assist with pulling it out promoting actually being able to push it back in. Overall it is pretty much the same design as the 5/6 for the pathing and form but the slider is a welcome addition. There is also a water pipe adapter included, mine didn't come with a glass adapter but I was able to rig something up and this vape (unlike its predecessors) really works with water. Previous models even with my adapters it wasn't really a phenomenal piece for water, I can say with the change to conduction this is no longer the case and it gets my glass scary thick.

If you can't tell based on the video its the same length as the 6 but a bit shorter, literally a strand of hair wider. Amazing Marc is able to make such powerful and compact units.

Conduction does result in the flavor souring faster but this unit is still just as pure and remains to have that classic signature you'd expect from the materials Marc uses. Battery life seems to be identical to predecessors but maybe even a bit better since the extraction rate is a bit more consistent and faster. I have had a couple of moments where the battery door was so snug I felt I need a tool to give it an initial budge, it seems inserting a battery does make it notably tighter.

I have really been waiting for this unit since the Firewood 4, I wanted the 5 to improve performance and it did in a way, but I say it improved most in comfort and usage method, 6 was essentially a sidegrade improvement where performance was identical at best but increasing the bowl size didn't result with as great usage with smaller bowls. This unit acknowledges the performance was a hinder with the last 2 generations along with ease of use being setback with the convection design. To me, it's seeming like the 7 fixes in the areas that were really needed to be improved in order to be competitive with the current and future generation of vaporizers.

Thank you for these videos. :clap::clap:

Can't wait to get mine.

Based on the length of your draws, it looks like the 7 is not a long, slow sipper like previous models. Is that accurate?

Can you tell us what the preset temps are?

Thanks again.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood

Thanks for the videos!

Performance looks great, especially through water. Were heat up times in the video edited out? It looked about as quick as my FW6.

Regarding the WPA, I think it’s designed to accept the 14mm male end of any 14/14mm or 14/18mm adapter.

Very excited to try mine, through I regret getting it unfinished (yours looks beautiful)

Edit:
Could you please measure the diameter of the bowl?

I don't know what the preset temps are intended to be, we will have to wait for Marc on that.
If I remember correctly clicking 5 or 6 times on the FW6 would get it to tell you the current temp. It’d buzz 2-4 for the heat setting and then 1-9 times for the heat range

Last edited:
TastyCakeWasTasty,
Reactions: paytonpenn

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I didn't edit out much of the heatups, initial heatup was a few seconds (3-7 depending on temp) then the reheats were like a couple of seconds, I did cut out the few seconds after some exhales where I waited about 4-8 seconds to take another hit.

Its like 11-12mm.

@TastyCakeWasTasty he hasn't explained how the 3 temp presets are set nor any specific temperatures yet. I wont assume its running the same settings as 6 since its an entirely different heater system.

seki

Thanks very much for the videos, this looks fantastic. The new mouthpiece mechanism looks like it changes one of the more awkward aspects of the previous models. On the flipside, the tab of wood over the one end looks like it might be accidentally snapped off from careless battery removal. Is that tab fairly sturdy, or is there a good amount of clearance?

I was about to order a few 14mm male/male adapters in anticipation of this, thanks again for saving me from that aggravation too.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
That look so beautiful. It's one thing to use wood for a vape like a log vape but to make the whole vape in wood it's another level! I always looked at the pictures of the Firewood since the fourth one and wish I could have this in my collection. Well now the dream will become reality, I have a Firewood 6 and 7 coming to me very soon I hope and I can't wait to try both of these back to back. Great idea to have the WPA a completely separate piece that you can switch with the regular mouth piece, this gives the vape a more polished look and you can see a lot of thought were put in this little marvel.

elykpeace

exVASted

Well said. I have been checking the mailbox anxiously! Looks like a real winner. They always do but man that vapor was thick.

Have you set it at max temp and seen the possibility of combustion or is it regulated enough we won't have to be too cautious?

Unfinished so he could pass the job off to me and cut that processing time down. But it looks so great with the tung finish. Thanks for the teasers @paytonpenn be safe brother

vapormachina

Do we know more information about the heater? or can we see inside?

I have never really liked convection vaporizers, I used to dismiss Firewoods because I am not completely convinced by heaters with thin spiral cables, but this hybrid heating looks different, we know about materials inside the oven?

I love the construction of these devices, the FW6 seems like an artwork

Last edited:
vapormachina,
Reactions: elykpeace

elykpeace

exVASted
Do we know more information about the heater? or can we see inside?

I have never really liked convection vaporizers, I used to dismiss Firewoods because I am not completely convinced by heaters with thin spiral cables, but this hybrid heating looks different, we know about materials inside the oven?

I love the construction of these devices, the FW6 seems like an artwork
Idk of your asking @firewood or everyone but I looks like the oven is around the outside. It has holes in the rim just above the screen where you load the herb. Pretty sweet @paytonpenn and @ohmygodimsohigh are the only two in the wild as far as I know but I know the man behind the wood said he is working hard to get them shipped out Monday for a few beta testers! I'm thinking this week I'll be able to give more insight. Super medicated sorry for the not useful info

CyanKraken

Hey y’all!

I’m new to Firewood and FC as a whole. Thought I’d pop in and say hello!

Ever since I got into the dry herb vape game recently, I’ve been looking for something very specific, and once I was informed of Firewood, I saw this was the answer to my prayers.

I currently have a 4 and 6 on the way, and am looking to get a 5.
Super excited to join this world!

I also own a DynaVap M2020 and a Mighty!

Last edited:

CyanKraken

And yet you want MOOOOORE?!

VAS has struck swiftly with this one!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Of course Marc and his Magic will do that to a cannabist...I've acquired both the FW 3 & 4 along the way...still two of my top shelf vapes in my rotation!

Bah, I guess so :evil:

That’s awesome though, and yeah, can’t wait!
I wish there were Firewood activities I could do meanwhile. It’s hard to wait for them.

CyanKraken,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Here's some more footage, I will say the unit for some might run a bit hot but I have been able to get a lot of hits on the first preset. The unit seems like the ceramic is what is getting heated and doing the primary extraction. Not sure how it is heated though..

Thanks for the footage!

I'm curious as to how much you are filling the bowl and if you are finding any correlation between fullness of bowl and performance such as some were seeing with previous versions.

moondog,

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
The unit seems like the ceramic is what is getting heated and doing the primary extraction. Not sure how it is heated though..

:sherlock:Just guessing, but I’m thinking it’s like the coil heater from the 6, except the coil is now wrapped around the bowl. This would heat the ceramic via conduction and also heat air that passes around the coil as you inhale.

TastyCakeWasTasty,
Reactions: moondog

vapormachina

:sherlock:Just guessing, but I’m thinking it’s like the coil heater from the 6, except the coil is now wrapped around the bowl. This would heat the ceramic via conduction and also heat air that passes around the coil as you inhale.

I like that. Although the coil is made of fine material, if it is next to the ceramic chamber due to the principle of heat transfer, it is as if you were heating a large piece, so the problems of gasification or deterioration of the coil are less than if that coil will only heat itself by convection to treat the air

I like everything I read about this vaporizer so far, I have always wanted to have a Firewood in my collection and I think this may be the first

Top Bottom