Firewood Vaporizer

TeaCup

I'm getting 8mm outer diameter, 4.7mm inner

Oh man, thank you thank you thank you bigtime!!

I know it’s new toy OCD, but does anyone else have a unit with a wobbly button that doesn’t want to sit flush? Not the biggest deal, but seems like my thumb is always brushing against the edge of the button.

Not sure if this will help, your second post about one side being harder to press than the other, that part didn't happen with mine. But just in case, my thumb was always brushing up against the edges of the button and kind of getting "caught" on the sharp edges. So I lightly sanded the circumference of the button and all is good in the world. Sadly, probably not what you're talking about though.

Edit - sorry, didn't even realize I double posted.

TeaCup,
I can't think of many improvements for a Firewood 8, but perhaps a bigger button would be nice lol
Honestly, I like the button size.
Good to know. On the positive side, mine all fit fine now so hopefully yours will loosen up over time too. :)
It certainly will - I left a very tight cell in last night with the unit hot, it came out without much fuss this morning, and I’ll swap batteries in every day till I’m satisfied with the fit. I don’t think it’ll take more than a couple weeks.

This place took me to that perfect place last night - that spot right before you’re actually “too high”. Took 3 bowls - the second two took less than half the time the first did lol.

Great device. My old smoke buddy moved away so we can’t share this, but I just might send them one so we can share an experience 2000 miles apart.

danjens

I’m glad to hear the Molicels aren’t as tight on yours! If anyone else gets a new FW7 and you have one of these batteries, please let us know how it fits.

Wooden items like this with such tight tolerances do vary, so it’s possible we just got a few tight ones months ago or he’s loosened up the compartments a little since then.

If we get more reports of them fitting without problems and no one else with a very tight fit then I’ll assume they’re okay on future units. :)
Hello, my molicels fit nicely in my new fw7. Snug, but no issue getting them in or out. Best of luck with yours

someTooL

Took the FW7 on vacation and what a delight. I packed a couple others but they did not make it out but maybe once. I was a little concerned about humidity at first but no problems. By the ocean, by the pool, driving to diner, sitting on the balcony, walking down the street…all good!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hello, my molicels fit nicely in my new fw7. Snug, but no issue getting them in or out. Best of luck with yours
My FW7 is the only 18650 vape I've owned that's managed to damage the wrappers on some of my cells. It doesn't seem avoidable (like by inserting or removing them differently). Maybe there's some precision sanding someone could do or maybe you just stick to cells that aren't as swole.
PXL_20210812_195342677.jpg

Have they confirmed a definite firewood8? I feel like 7 is so near end game / has had multiple revisions already may be here to stick around for a bit?
This question comes up pretty often and the consensus view is that it doesn't really matter because 1) the FW7 is such a beast with a great design already, and 2) they resell for full price in the unlikely event you don't love it. Even if/when a Firewood8 is introduced the scarcity will lead to similar demand.

When you get one don't forget to try adjusting the preset temps. It's not essential or required, just an easy option for added variety.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Have they confirmed a definite firewood8? I feel like 7 is so near end game / has had multiple revisions already may be here to stick around for a bit?

Yes the topic comes up regularly, there is a new firewood every year, the seven is having a longer life cycle because it is so popular, but we may start to see news of the FW8 before the end of the year...

My FW7 is the only 18650 vape I've owned that's managed to damage the wrappers on some of my cells. It doesn't seem avoidable (like by inserting or removing them differently). Maybe there's some precision sanding someone could do or maybe you just stick to cells that aren't as swole.
View attachment 11495

I've never had any risk to the negative end wrapping with mine, but I insert very carefully and remove for the positive end near the bowl, never pulling it out but pressing it into the spring gently so I can then remove it safely every time... I only use Sony VTC6 and LG HG2 really, they seem to be the thinnest wrapping of the ones I have :tup:

When I first got mine (10 months ago now) it was damaging the batteries but it has since loosened up. I still use those same batteries just fine
Mine, after a weeks use, seems to be loosening up pretty quickly. I leave the cells in the device overnight with the idea that the time and heat cycle will help loosen things up - I’m throwing in a fresh cell every night before my first puff. I think loading batteries will be comfortable in another week.

She’s been in daily use since arrival.

stonedmallone

Starting the day with some coffee and a Firewood bowl. Is there a better start to the day?

I have set my preset temps to 310, 340, 370 and I am seriously enjoying it at these levels. I was milking some pretty crazy clouds at 310. Consider me impressed!!! Thanks for the recommendation @Shit Snacks

Arawfish

Green Thumb
So, I've been away from this thread for ages cos I got in early and this beast has been working great for me since but I've always wondered, when I insert the battery sometimes I get a series of buzzes, one long buzz, or usually no buzz at all. Any idea why?
This happens to me also, on occasion. I have no idea why.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
For those of you who have/had the FW6 and FW7… I have a 6 and enjoy the sipping capabilities and it remains in my rotation albeit not as often as some others.
Is there enough of a difference that I need/must spring for the 7?

Jill NYC,
Reactions: BeeSawd

Shit Snacks

For those of you who have/had the FW6 and FW7… I have a 6 and enjoy the sipping capabilities and it remains in my rotation albeit not as often as some others.
Is there enough of a difference that I need/must spring for the 7?

The six was pure convection on demand, the seven is totally different from any that have come before, it is mostly instant conduction on demand with some hybrid convection, and it is phenomenal! We expect the eventual FW8 to be a similar design... :tup:

Gigsabits53

The six was pure convection on demand, the seven is totally different from any that have come before, it is mostly instant conduction on demand with some hybrid convection, and it is phenomenal! We expect the eventual FW8 to be a similar design... :tup:
Can attest to that, fantastic vape! I have been running mine through a j-hook with a dry ash catcher. Its cool watching the vapor fill the ash catcher when I take a hit. :) My AVB is consistent every time, no stirring required. Its a winner!

Momor

So, I've been away from this thread for ages cos I got in early and this beast has been working great for me since but I've always wondered, when I insert the battery sometimes I get a series of buzzes, one long buzz, or usually no buzz at all. Any idea why?
Same here

KinkyKankles

I know there's probably been a lot of prior discussion on this but there are far too many pages of threads to wade through. Any suggestions on a high-quality J-Hook. I had the Rogue Wax J-Hook but ended up breaking it far too easily. Was eyeing a custom Oregon Glass Blower piece, are those worth the high price tag?

Shit Snacks

I know there's probably been a lot of prior discussion on this but there are far too many pages of threads to wade through. Any suggestions on a high-quality J-Hook. I had the Rogue Wax J-Hook but ended up breaking it far too easily. Was eyeing a custom Oregon Glass Blower piece, are those worth the high price tag?

Yes those are the two, OGB custom is expensive, especially if you want spikes, but he has a lot of nice stuff in the shop, his glass is super thick!

Otherwise you can hunt around, various shops or DHgate, even eBay and Amazon... It is also really nice to actually get a bubbler, and just use it dry, although I am actually enjoying mixing water in with my FW7 use now too...

And yeah the thread is long, but if you just go backwards skimming you will find questions like these asked often with plenty of feedback! And also you can check other threads, like the J hook thread and such in the glass section, and ask FC.

TeaCup

I believe it’s 1/8” ID x 1/4” OD (like this).

Thanks, I found it in this post.....which how ironic, lol, it was you who asked the question too!!

It is the same stuff I used for the mouthpiece on fw4 and fw5 - 0.25" OD, 0.125"ID silicone tubing.

If you have the original baggy of extra stuff that came with the fw4 or fw5 you might have a little bit of the tubing already.

attackpoints

I've been enjoying the inception j hook from O'Connell woodworks. Pretty solid option, and the glass feels nice and thick.

Ever since I got the wpa, my fw7 has been living on my piece or j hook. It really is a must have if you wanna enjoy it at home.

@Shit Snacks I like the coolness of the vapor through water, but I feel like I'm losing some flavor. What temps are you using?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Unfortunately, my go-to recommendation jhook seems to be discontinued on Thick Ass Glass (Sherlock). What a bummer, I hope they bring it back… it’s still going strong for me.

This one is well priced, and anything I’ve gotten from Grav has been very good quality: https://grav.com/products/14mm-grav-j-handle-clear

Here’s another that is from quality vendor: https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/sherlock-or-j-hook-mouthpiece/

Good luck in your search!

Top Bottom