• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firefly 1, 2, 2+

LabPong

2013: The Firefly Vaporizer from the old FC

firefly1.jpg

2016: Firefly2 from the old FC

FF2.jpg

2019: Firefly2+ from the old FC

FF2plus.JPG

The Firefly2+ is basically the same as the FF2, but it comes with an updated firmware package/app update to help heating and battery efficiency. But the biggest change was in the oven screen, which now has slightly more airflow than the FF2 screen.

Firefly reduced the price a bit for the FF2+ model which is great, but it comes at the loss of a spare battery, a second concentrate pad, and the brush and pic.

You can send in your FF2 to have it updated with the new screen and firmware update, or you can update the software/app yourself if you do not want to spend the $30 or so to send it back to Firefly for the full update with newer screen. (most can notice a difference in the draw pressure, but some can not).

For best use, this vape requires a slower loner draw than most other vapes. The heater will stay on for 26 seconds at a time, you may or may not need that entire draw time to get results depending on your heat settings and what you are using in the vape. A general place to start on temps is 360F for flower and 470F for concentrate pad use. When using with flower you will have better results stirring and not using a fine grind normally. Using whole buds can also help with reducing the buildup of reclaim. The vape shines when using concentrates with the pad. In fact many still use their FF2's only for this reason. Pressing flower and then using with the FF2's works very well. You can reuse the pads a few times before you will need to clean them. Soaking in ISO is recommended, you may need to let soak for longer periods to let everything breakdown and release from the pad. Use a small container and try rinsing and re-soaking a couple times for best results. You can torch the pads...but then tend to not last as long that way.

With convection heating that is on-demand, the FF2(+) are great vapes with cool vapor paths and the ability to do both flower and concentrates on the go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
2016: Firefly2 from the old FC

View attachment 710

2019: Firefly2+ from the old FC

View attachment 711

The Firefly2+ is basically the same as the FF2, but it comes with an updated firmware package/app update to help heating and battery efficiency. But the biggest change was in the oven screen, which now has slightly more airflow than the FF2 screen.

Firefly reduced the price a bit for the FF2+ model which is great, but it comes at the loss of a spare battery, a second concentrate pad, and the brush and pic.

You can send in your FF2 to have it updated with the new screen and firmware update, or you can update the software/app yourself if you do not want to spend the $30 or so to send it back to Firefly for the full update with newer screen. (most can notice a difference in the draw pressure, but some can not).

For best use, this vape requires a slower loner draw than most other vapes. The heater will stay on for 26 seconds at a time, you may or may not need that entire draw time to get results depending on your heat settings and what you are using in the vape. A general place to start on temps is 360F for flower and 470F for concentrate pad use. When using with flower you will have better results stirring and not using a fine grind normally. Using whole buds can also help with reducing the buildup of reclaim. The vape shines when using concentrates with the pad. In fact many still use their FF2's only for this reason. Pressing flower and then using with the FF2's works very well. You can reuse the pads a few times before you will need to clean them. Soaking in ISO is recommended, you may need to let soak for longer periods to let everything breakdown and release from the pad. Use a small container and try rinsing and re-soaking a couple times for best results. You can torch the pads...but then tend to not last as long that way.

With convection heating that is on-demand, the FF2(+) are great vapes with cool vapor paths and the ability to do both flower and concentrates on the go.

:bowdown: amazing job @LabPong, thank you!

Don't forget to include the OG Firefly in here as well, though I know we won't be discussing it much if at all (I still think of it quite fondly myself despite some flaws, but yeah no longer being made/sold)

@Stu or @pakalolo can you help add the original Firefly thread at the top too (and adjust the title? my vote is "Firefly / FF2+" to be comprehensive, since they can all just be called Firefly really, while 2 and 2+ are already such similar names anyway)

ginolicious

Finding new lids for the 2+ is difficult. I can’t seem to find any at any stores in Canada.

GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

Finding new lids for the 2+ is difficult. I can’t seem to find any at any stores in Canada.
Firefly has gold and oak , oak is darker than pic fyi but yeah I saw this drama coming and bought mine before 4/20.....China's production may be shifting toward PPE and ventilators which they make billions off and vape companies may not be able to compete....imo.....

DJSleepy,

ginolicious

Firefly doesn’t ship to Canada from their site or what I could notice. Plus I don’t wanna pay those crazy shipping fees. Guess I’ll be running a solo lid for a while. Preset temp 3 is still my style. That’s for sure. The odd time a 4 or 5 for those harsher hits.

GinoLicious,

Dabooz

The Firefly 2 is for me the best tasting vaporizer, really nectar!
But I have been with his company for 20 days, I have lung pain!
The resistance to drawing is much too hard.
I keep it for my test of new buds.
I recommend it as a 2nd or 3rd vaporizer

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Even in a pandemic my red Ferrari FireFly Classic still delivers ... :cool:

20200410-190155.jpg

DryBonesufo

My firefly 2 + when I need to bypass security...
wrapping a usb cord is also a plus. Current setting: 420 with standard calibration.10F49AA1-6802-4159-847D-851CC0448BDE.jpegF35CA042-263F-4708-8536-E11A845B5D53.jpeg758A044E-6663-4FEC-9075-A918DEC85B26.jpeg

Dryboneconvection,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Wish I'd known they could upgrade the FF2, both software and more importantly, screen. I loved my FF2 for the first five or six months, both for the wonderful flavor and the beauty of the device itself. But then it became harder and harder to draw. I sent it in for a cleaning for $30, but could not see or feel any difference. So I disassembled it and following suggestions on FC and VapeCritic, I tried to gently enlarge the holes and other "improvement" techniques that folks described. Then I broke the little ceramic disc under heater. Then when putting it back together I broke the little metal tab that the screws go through. Then I threw the thing away. Reading this is the first time I've regretted throwing it in the trash. Too bad.

polarbearboy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wish I'd known they could upgrade the FF2, both software and more importantly, screen. I loved my FF2 for the first five or six months, both for the wonderful flavor and the beauty of the device itself. But then it became harder and harder to draw. I sent it in for a cleaning for $30, but could not see or feel any difference. So I disassembled it and following suggestions on FC and VapeCritic, I tried to gently enlarge the holes and other "improvement" techniques that folks described. Then I broke the little ceramic disc under heater. Then when putting it back together I broke the little metal tab that the screws go through. Then I threw the thing away. Reading this is the first time I've regretted throwing it in the trash. Too bad.

To be fair you probably avoided your warranty when you tried to make those mods anyway ;)

I sold my original Firefly to my brothers, it was my third brand new replacement, then they upgraded to the 2 when it died on them for discount under warranty. I later got them a stickybrick, so then they used that exclusively, but now they are actually on dabs with banger and rig instead. I think they did do some dabs in the FF2 a bit, but I think it's been a while since they have used it at all now... I liked the 2, but OG is more special to me and how I remember FF, but I gotta try the Plus!

Shit Snacks,

Djsleepy

Firefly doesn’t ship to Canada from their site or what I could notice. Plus I don’t wanna pay those crazy shipping fees. Guess I’ll be running a solo lid for a while. Preset temp 3 is still my style. That’s for sure. The odd time a 4 or 5 for those harsher hits.
I haven't dome setting five yet:unsure:.....

DJSleepy,

Dabooz

[/CITATION]

Me too it is broken, but it still resists, which is a shame it is to have to dismantle it to clean the holes ...
Mine still works but remains very fragile.

DaboOZ,

ginolicious

They made a smart move by making the holes bigger on the 2+. I grind coarse. Do about 2 bowls a day since getting it on 420. Not an issue with my holes at all. It is a great unit. For sure.

Djsleepy

First teardown and screen clean..... time inbetween getting unit and first tear down 1 month and half ....watched YouTube video and wanted to clean screen after my heavy use( those who know I use all day for medical ALL DAY) and was very simple, screen definitely needed cleaning soaked for 30 in iso.....back together and BAM BAU! Make sure you have a.pair.of tweezers.and T5 and T6 sockets. T6 for all.screws.except heater screw that is T5 here is the video of teardown if interested....

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Wow! The plus must have really fixed the battery issues from the FF2 OG. The FF2 came with 2 batteries because they each barely lasted a bowl.

@DJSleepy - you have a lot of batteries?

DryBonesufo

Anyone know of any “grip” to wrap the firefly around? Like a rubber protective case, used for smartphones and battery packs?

Dryboneconvection,
Top Bottom