Firefly 1, 2, 2+

Djsleepy

Well Canadian retailers better start carrying the lids again. I want a gold one for my gold vape. I dropped mine. Face down and got some nice scratch and dent marks on the corners.

Had the vape in my pocket. Sat down in the backyard. Slid right out of my sweat pant shorts. Basically sweat pant anything pockets suck to hold shit.

It’s light aesthetic damage. But she don’t look fresh as fuck like she use to. Kinda bummed.

Herbalizer store please carry them soon and some raw rolling trays. Any retailer I see only lists the firefly 2 lids. I want a 2+. Firefly doesn’t ship to Canada directly either. And if they did. Be expensive as fuck for a lid.

Looks like I have a small gap between the top of the bowl then the bottom. Is this normal or did the drop just fuck shit up? It doesn’t feel loose.
View attachment 1235
try pulling bowl gently towards gap....I don't think its.off the gasket that holds bowl...performance?

Last edited:
DJSleepy,

ginolicious

I realized that rinsing the lid after a light iso wipe cleans the lid nicely. And then I take a q tip dried and wet sometimes to go around near the gasket. But sadly I think my gasket is starting to lift up. It’s seated nicely. But when I touch the gasket or slightly peel it back you can see it lift. But it sits flush for the most part on this one side. Cause I’m getting grime right there along the gasket. I’m pretty sure I fucked my unit up. The bowl and bow the lid. Great.

Is this normal too? The glow coming from the left side above the button?

2E1E60EE-F5D7-4BF4-80AB-3772F356AB38.jpeg

Last edited:
GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

I’m still on level 5 and got the biggest hit of any vape I have tried or owned ( thought ghost was king not now) .... I coughed So hard and had the waa waa effect afterwards .... been a long time since I felt that .... way to go Firefly!

DJSleepy,

LabPong

I’m still on level 5 and got the biggest hit of any vape I have tried or owned ( thought ghost was king not now) .... I coughed So hard and had the waa waa effect afterwards .... been a long time since I felt that .... way to go Firefly!

Cool!.......sounds like your eyes might of been leaking....that's what happens to me when I drift past that tipping point.......lol

TM and the FF2 are such diff vapes......design and use wise. ( i cant use the TM direct to mouth, but FF2 I can). It is funny because the TM is just sufficient at concentrates but TOTALLY OWNS on the herbs! The FF2 is just sufficient with herbs but is great with wet trates!

Both have places for me.

EDIT BIG TIME.

Sorry I just dabbed......thought I was in the TM section and you just got one. oopsie poopsie 🙃

I do not know what level 5 is on the stock setting....I just use the app to set mine to 370 for flower.

Last edited:
LabPong,
  • Haha
Reactions: Jill NYC

ginolicious

Man I’m getting huge rips on mine at level 4. Something about pulling so you hear the whistle that just provides fat clouds. My old technique pumped clouds. Ripping hard and slow so the whistle comes just gives me even bigger hits. Damn. Also cracked a fresh jar of some weed and it tastes better then the last jar.

GinoLicious,

LabPong

Man I’m getting huge rips on mine at level 4. Something about pulling so you hear the whistle that just provides fat clouds. My old technique pumped clouds. Ripping hard and slow so the whistle comes just gives me even bigger hits. Damn. Also cracked a fresh jar of some weed and it tastes better then the last jar.

Good deal.....yes you are now pulling max air across the load like that. I bet you can get a nice hit with less draw time too?

LabPong,

ginolicious

Good deal.....yes you are now pulling max air across the load like that. I bet you can get a nice hit with less draw time too?

yes. Totally man. I go about 10 second rips. Something about the whistle that just packs the punch. I thought it would be too quick but damn it’s perfect.

GinoLicious,

LabPong

yes. Totally man. I go about 10 second rips. Something about the whistle that just packs the punch. I thought it would be too quick but damn it’s perfect.

Do you know what that preset temp is? Do you ever use the app?

EDIT......reading manual for info.....lol

The Firefly 2 has 5 temperature settings for dry herb 340, 360, 380, 400, 420 Fahrenheit (171, 182, 193, 204, 215 Celcius) and one setting for concentrates 500F or 260C.

No wonder why.......your at a much higher temp than I use for flower. I shall have to try it hotter sometime.....maybe tomorrow at lunch.

LabPong,

ginolicious

Do you know what that preset temp is? Do you ever use the app?

EDIT......reading manual for info.....lol

The Firefly 2 has 5 temperature settings for dry herb 340, 360, 380, 400, 420 Fahrenheit (171, 182, 193, 204, 215 Celcius) and one setting for concentrates 500F or 260C.

No wonder why.......your at a much higher temp than I use for flower. I shall have to try it hotter sometime.....maybe tomorrow at lunch.

yeah I started off using preset 3 and then moved to preset 4. I feel it just packs a perfect a perfect punch. Especially when you hear the whistle. Getting great hits and flavour. I don’t have android so I only run of preset temps.

GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

Hey give level 5 (400 f ) a try it’s not a waste of herbs as some other vapes at that temp... I’m getting two to three tasty knock you in the dirt hits that yes sometimes bring me to 😭 lol

Last edited:
DJSleepy,

LabPong

Hey give level 5 (400 f ) a try it’s not a waste of herbs as some other vapes at that temp... I’m getting two to three tasty knock you in the dirt hits that yes sometimes bring me to 😭 lol

Level 5 is 420F
Level 4 is 400F
Level 3 is 380F
Level 2 is 360F
Level 1 is 340F

LabPong,

LabPong

I maybe looking at data prior to the FF2+ firmware update?

EDIT....yup I was looking at the settings from the old software before the FF2+ firmware for all the FF2's now.

If you updated your software on your FF2, it will work just like the FF2+. Below is the new preset temps for the new firmware.

FF2HeatSettings.JPG

Last edited:

ginolicious

You don’t get as many hits with the whistle method cause you are totally getting huge rips each time. 4,5,6 just get very wispy and then the bowls are like done.

GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

You don’t get as many hits with the whistle method cause you are totally getting huge rips each time. 4,5,6 just get very wispy and then the bowls are like done.

yeah but aren’t you pretty baked afterwards? I am finding that all the temps are special in their own way:smug:

DJSleepy,

shiner25

Unapproved commercial account.
Mine is set to 400 as I was told that was a good setting.

However, recently I was watching a video online entitled "Davinci IQ2 Vaporizer Review - The Newest Masterpiece" and the guy was saying how different temperatures provide different highs.

Any truth to that guys?

I always thought that temperature change = flavor (not type of high)

He was saying how the 340 range gives you more of an energetic, whereas 388 would give you awake and active state and anything above 400 is couch lock.

But I've done it at 400 and not got couch lock.

Again i think it comes down to the flower to determine couch lock vs energetic (focused)

What do you think?

itsallgood,

shiner25

Temps change high as different terpenes are released at the different temperature.
@itsallgood - there are a bunch of threads on the old site that may help. Everyone has their own opinions /anecdotal proof/scientific proof to their beliefs on temp.
And of course, it is all dependent on the vape truly being at the temp it states...
Anyway - this thread has a decent amount of info: What cannabinoids or terpenes am I jeopardizing by vaping at higher temperatures?
Thanks guys

itsallgood,

shiner25

@itsallgood - there are a bunch of threads on the old site that may help. Everyone has their own opinions /anecdotal proof/scientific proof to their beliefs on temp.
And of course, it is all dependent on the vape truly being at the temp it states...
Anyway - this thread has a decent amount of info: What cannabinoids or terpenes am I jeopardizing by vaping at higher temperatures?
Only one downside to that old post. No one is in agreement. :lol:

It seems no one really has an idea, which is kind of what you said about everyone has their own opinion, proof and beliefs about it.

Pity, I was hoping for some hard facts but i guess i will just have to experiment like the natives did ;)

itsallgood,
Reactions: Jill NYC

ginolicious

I find the higher temperatures I vape. The more lazy and less active I am. Feels like the hits just punch you to the head and make you lazy. Usually do those hits after 10pm on the weekend.

shiner25

I find the higher temperatures I vape. The more lazy and less active I am. Feels like the hits just punch you to the head and make you lazy. Usually do those hits after 10pm on the weekend.
That's good to know. Thanks man. When you say higher temp. What range? 400 and above?

I want to avoid the lazy feeling and be productive so I'm trying to find the right temp for the firefly 2

itsallgood,
Top Bottom