Firefly 1, 2, 2+

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Wow! The plus must have really fixed the battery issues from the FF2 OG. The FF2 came with 2 batteries because they each barely lasted a bowl.

@DJSleepy - you have a lot of batteries?
I have two Jill but one just started acting up ... so I'll be on the lookout for another ... two should be fine for my low use needs but I would think a minimum of three or four would be required for a heavier user

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@NYC_Frank - I completely agree, two for a light user with the FF2. It’s good to know they increased capacity on the FF2+ so that a light user only needs one.

Edit: wait, I am thinking you have FF2, it’s a plus then chalk up my past few posts as nonsense :ko:

Last edited:
Jill NYC,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

DryBonesufo

Anyone hear about the Utillian 722? It is claiming to be 100 percent convection, I’m trying my best to see if indeed vapor does not escape and or being produced when not inhaling. I’m seeing mixed descriptions about the unit. Hoping someone may shed some light. I was thinking about the boundless cfv as I’ve seen this unit to be full convection. But they changed their heating to a stainless steel and I’m afraid that makes it now conduction/convection.

Dryboneconvection,

ginolicious

Anyone hear about the Utillian 722? It is claiming to be 100 percent convection, I’m trying my best to see if indeed vapor does not escape and or being produced when not inhaling. I’m seeing mixed descriptions about the unit. Hoping someone may shed some light. I was thinking about the boundless cfv as I’ve seen this unit to be full convection. But they changed their heating to a stainless steel and I’m afraid that makes it now conduction/convection.

You will not be disappointed with a firefly 2+.

GinoLicious,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Am I sleeping hard on this one? I always wanted to try this vape as people used to rave about the flavor, but it seems like I remember tons of people saying this was their most regretted vape purchase.

I’m a big believer in the science behind “uptemps” aka dynamic vaporization as Firefly calls it. Enough that I had MaxVapor add uptemp functionality to their e-nail controller via a firmware update. The idea of vaporizing compounds linearly in order of their boiling point always made a lot of sense to me with my concentrate devices that operate on the same principals. You really need that temperature ramp to extract the full spectrum or you end up fractionationally distilling or degrading compounds.

ginolicious

Am I sleeping hard on this one? I always wanted to try this vape as people used to rave about the flavor, but it seems like I remember tons of people saying this was their most regretted vape purchase.

I’m a big believer in the science behind “uptemps” aka dynamic vaporization as Firefly calls it. Enough that I had MaxVapor add uptemp functionality to their e-nail controller via a firmware update. The idea of vaporizing compounds linearly in order of their boiling point always made a lot of sense to me with my concentrate devices that operate on the same principals. You really need that temperature ramp to extract the full spectrum or you end up fractionationally distilling or degrading compounds.

I’ve bought some bad vapes over the years. Haze Square. Cough cough. And I tell you. This firefly 2+ is one of the best vapes I owned. Yes you need to clean frequent. And yes you need to stir. Generally I do 2 bowls a day. And I clean once a week give or take. And yeah it tapers off as it gets dirtier. But hell this thing rocks.

cvs8floz

I have mixed feelings about this vape, I own both the FF1 and 2, they are mostly retired but I broke out the FF2 the other day after not using it for several months and it wouldn't turn on or charge, opened the battery compartment and noticed that the battery had completely split open just from sitting on my shelf. I have 2 spare batteries so not a big deal, at least it didn't explode.
The really unique thing about this vape is that you can start with a cold oven, load it, close the cover, preheat for 5-6 seconds and then take a 10 second or so draw and get a very decent first hit. I finish most bowl in 3-4 hits, stirring after the 2nd, hit #2 is normally the best. The bowls get better as the vape gets hotter, you can do up to 5 bowls on a single charge if you do them in rapid succession and don't let the vape cool down. Flavor is excellent but if you use this vape heavily you will soon discover harshness in the vapor, with really no good options to condition through water. Also, you need a lot of lung power to make this unit shine, the airflow is very restricted and it feels like you are sucking air through a tiny straw. I much prefer to use my desktops as daily drivers, it is also difficult to use the FF2 on the go because you almost have to sit at a desk to reload it, I can't see myself using it outdoors in the wind.

ginolicious

I have mixed feelings about this vape, I own both the FF1 and 2, they are mostly retired but I broke out the FF2 the other day after not using it for several months and it wouldn't turn on or charge, opened the battery compartment and noticed that the battery had completely split open just from sitting on my shelf. I have 2 spare batteries so not a big deal, at least it didn't explode.
The really unique thing about this vape is that you can start with a cold oven, load it, close the cover, preheat for 5-6 seconds and then take a 10 second or so draw and get a very decent first hit. I finish most bowl in 3-4 hits, stirring after the 2nd, hit #2 is normally the best. The bowls get better as the vape gets hotter, you can do up to 5 bowls on a single charge if you do them in rapid succession and don't let the vape cool down. Flavor is excellent but if you use this vape heavily you will soon discover harshness in the vapor, with really no good options to condition through water. Also, you need a lot of lung power to make this unit shine, the airflow is very restricted and it feels like you are sucking air through a tiny straw. I much prefer to use my desktops as daily drivers, it is also difficult to use the FF2 on the go because you almost have to sit at a desk to reload it, I can't see myself using it outdoors in the wind.

Doing back to back hits is unreal. It keeps the unit hot and it keeps pumping vapor out. The 2+ has less restrictive airflow. That was improved. I stir almost after every hit. I vape at 380. I take a 20 second pull and get huge clouds. Better then the 2nd or third hit. That’s for sure. I really drain it on the first.

GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

Ok be careful, I was using a qtip.with iso on place where mp goes and it took the coating off!!!!! 74048EF9-A2E6-4A92-92E3-7A266F4D5B42.jpeg

DJSleepy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Djsleepy

Hot air maybe? Or because of where spot is, might be difficult to get coating in there good?

Chinese made products ......what is about coatings that they can't get right?

DJSleepy,

ginolicious

Hot air maybe? Or because of where spot is, might be difficult to get coating in there good?

Chinese made products ......what is about coatings that they can't get right?

Everything. Clearly. Getting flash backs from the Haze Square I can see. Oh yeah my Square is mangled now. Time to pull production back to western world.

ginolicious

Has anyone tried to vape this unit vertically? Just wanted to know

I sometimes do. And by that I mean I have it on an angle. In the middle of vertical and horizontal. I vape like that sometimes so I know when the heater goes off. Cause sometimes I can go longer than the 30 seconds

GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

I angle mine sometimes just causes.me to let go of button and start.over.again !!!!!

DJSleepy,

Djsleepy

I'm on a level 5 trip right now .....400 would seem like a waste of good terps but 2-3 solid flavorful POTENT hits!!!!! Then a couple more with some flavor still...gotta love it!:smug:

DJSleepy,

DryBonesufo

I saw those Facebook page, Mightyskins that makes custom graphics for the FF2, anyone has order some? Are they compatible with the plus?

Dryboneconvection,

Djsleepy

So got my official FF2+ cleaning kit, I bought mainly for the metal cleaning brush which works great! It also.comes with 2- black(tooth) picks, 3 iso (hard to find) wipes and I was right the needle for.cleaning holes is a.diabetic(says for insulin right on it)needle they do break easy .....buy them in bulk at local.store to save I personally use Delica lancets/needles....probably could've just ordered some small metal brushes off Amazon.....although what I saw.was not round like this.

DJSleepy,

ginolicious

Could you not use a sewing needle as well to pop the holes if they get clogged?

Anyone clean their mouth piece at all?

Also, getting completely even dark abv is something unheard of. No matter how much I stir and how many hits. Always get lighter coloured specs and dark ones too.

GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

Could you not use a sewing needle as well to pop the holes if they get clogged?

Anyone clean their mouth piece at all?

Also, getting completely even dark abv is something unheard of. No matter how much I stir and how many hits. Always get lighter coloured specs and dark ones too.

Sewing needle too big this is tiny, I use iso wipe.to.clean my mp (don't soak) , and man I get nothing but perfectly dark ABV.....

DJSleepy,

ginolicious

I get about 10 hits and then the last few are all wispy. I don’t even bother. I just toss the bowl. Too lazy to try to fish the last few hits out of it.

GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

This brush is fantastic! I was having to poke holes about once a day for good hits but with this brush I just swirl it around after every bowl and every hit is a Great hit! I imagine you can get a metal brush adapter for a drill that is round at any local home depot and save a little bit.....So if production is down, try a round brush changes the game.....hope it helps....

DJSleepy,

ginolicious

Well Canadian retailers better start carrying the lids again. I want a gold one for my gold vape. I dropped mine. Face down and got some nice scratch and dent marks on the corners.

Had the vape in my pocket. Sat down in the backyard. Slid right out of my sweat pant shorts. Basically sweat pant anything pockets suck to hold shit.

It’s light aesthetic damage. But she don’t look fresh as fuck like she use to. Kinda bummed.

Herbalizer store please carry them soon and some raw rolling trays. Any retailer I see only lists the firefly 2 lids. I want a 2+. Firefly doesn’t ship to Canada directly either. And if they did. Be expensive as fuck for a lid.

Looks like I have a small gap between the top of the bowl then the bottom. Is this normal or did the drop just fuck shit up? It doesn’t feel loose.
B7AD3D2A-FBBB-48CA-BABD-617CA70BC68D.jpeg

Last edited:
GinoLicious,

Djsleepy

Well Canadian retailers better start carrying the lids again. I want a gold one for my gold vape. I dropped mine. Face down and got some nice scratch and dent marks on the corners.

Had the vape in my pocket. Sat down in the backyard. Slid right out of my sweat pant shorts. Basically sweat pant anything pockets suck to hold shit.

It’s light aesthetic damage. But she don’t look fresh as fuck like she use to. Kinda bummed.

Herbalizer store please carry them soon and some raw rolling trays. Any retailer I see only lists the firefly 2 lids. I want a 2+. Firefly doesn’t ship to Canada directly either. And if they did. Be expensive as fuck for a lid.
dude sorry to hear man .... I anticipated this shortage/stoppage due to corona and bought me three extra lids....I knew stuff was.gonna be messed for a long time , I also bought tons of wipes (some firefly some not) glad I did cause if.you.can find it's like $10 box/100 plus shipping.....

DJSleepy,
Top Bottom