Favourite Quotes

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
A "heated debate" started when someone posted a restaurant review stating that a local family owned restaurant was not adhering to any of the guidelines. When the restaurant patrons arrived the place was almost empty and none of the staff were wearing any PPE. They ordered food anyway but by the time the main entrees were served the place was packed even though the guidelines called for 50% patronage. They finished their meal and left without saying anything and posted their review to warn others who take the guidelines seriously. The review mentioned that the food was excellent so it wasn't just a disgruntled customer.

It got heated when someone replied to the review that "at a time when small local owned business are struggling you should have kept your opinions to yourself". From there it got uglier with folks taking both sides of the debate.

The debate ended when a nurse who works at one of the local hospitals replied "I'm placing my life and my family's life at risk every day to care for you, your family and friends. If putting on a mask and keeping your distance is too much to ask you need to spend an hour working with me. That mask you're not wearing might not fully protect you or me but me, my family and my co-workers could use all the help and protection we can get." This is my favorite quote......

I fully expected the debate to continue but it didn't.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
The Franklin Effect. :D
Ben_Franklin_effect.jpg
a-ben-cartoon-story-287x300.png

Tranquility

Today, we must decide whether an employer can fire someone simply for being homosexual or transgender. The answer is clear. An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids.
--
Neil Gorsuch, associate justice

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/17-1618_hfci.pdf

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
“And the question of Westen religion,” Flattery said, “is: What lies beyond death? But the question of the Zen master is: What lies beyond waking?” Frank Herbert Destination Void.

Ohh also another fav from that book is “The universe does not work by our rules” F.H.

Rabid Kiwi,
Reactions: macbill

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”
Socrates (469–399 B.C.)

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
"This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC. Read more about it here."

-Stu

Stu,
Reactions: Relaxed

Tranquility

“The state shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin.”
--The California Constitution by vote on Proposition 209 by the people decades ago

“The state shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin.”
--The California Constitution amendment proposed by vote of the legislature days ago.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
--Unfulfilled dream of Martin Luther King

Last edited:
Tranquility,
  • Angry
Reactions: Whisper

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados,
mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men,
Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers,
hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers,