• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Favourite Quotes

Tranquility

Posts merged

"and that’s saving this country for my children and grandchildren and saving this country for all of us.”

The rest of the sentence from Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick.

=====================================================================
You don't want to be rich, you want to live freely.
--Unknown origin. (Probably well before the now-defunct Tumbler account some point to. )

Last edited by a moderator:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
2778055.jpg

“To be is to do - Socrates

To do is to be - Sartre

Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra”

― Kurt Vonnegut

Tranquility

Is there going to be a rule or guideline on what quotes are appropriate during this election season? I know things can get hot in any forum and this is the "quote" and not the "politics" section. But, some quotes are humorous because of politics. (In that if my dad said the same thing, I probably wouldn't post it.)

For instance, I won't post it now, but those who read the news will probably know what quote is being thought of with this metaphor quote:

il_570xN.1408533214_loer.jpg

I'm not a big fan of politicians and you won't have to work hard to convince me they ALL say really stupid, ignorant and just plain wrong things on occasion. When your only job is talking, you're going to say a lot of stupid shit and if we start posting all the stupid shit politicians say, this thread will be the longest in history.

In this instance, the quote I'm thinking of isn't THAT incredibly great, especially if you get to consider all the other verbal errors he's made. Yet, I found it humorous and is my favorite for the day. (At least so far.)

Tranquility

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me. "
-President Trump on fighting the virus

trump-supporters-after-their-first-hit-of-disinfectant-72357924.png

In Vitro Efficacy of Povidone-Iodine Nasal And Oral Antiseptic Preparations Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)

cbhxwwbmh3t41.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
"I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her fur
as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue.
Cat, I would lend you this book to study but it appears you have already read it.
She looks up and gives me her full gaze.
Don't be ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it.

- from "Miao" by Dilys Laing

The smallest feline is a masterpiece." - Leonardo da Vinci

"If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

"The cat seldom interferes with other people's rights. His intelligence keeps him from doing many of the fool things that complicate life." - Carl Van Vechten

"Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want." - Joseph Wood Krutch

When you come upon your cat, deep in meditation, staring thoughtfully at something that you can't see, just remember that your cat is, in fact, running the universe." - Bonni Elizabeth Hall & Missycat

Tranquility

"There’s unrest in our cities. And so far, no appeal from the president of the United States for calm. We are waiting for some leadership instead of division and so far, silence."
--Don Lemon, CNN Saturday evening

Trump, earlier that day:
Before going further on this exciting day for all America in space, I want to say a few words about the situation in Minnesota. The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a grave tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans all over the country with horror, anger, and grief.
Yesterday, I spoke to George’s family and expressed the sorrow of our entire nation for their loss. I stand before you as a friend and ally to every American seeking justice and peace. And I stand before you in firm opposition to anyone exploiting this tragedy to loot, rob, attack, and menace. Healing, not hatred; justice, not chaos are the mission at hand. (Applause.)
The police officers involved in this incident have been fired from their jobs. One officer has already been arrested and charged with murder. State and federal authorities are carrying out an investigation to see what further charges may be warranted, including against, sadly, the other three.
In addition, my administration has opened a civil rights investigation, and I have asked the Attorney General and the Justice Department to expedite it.
I understand the pain that people are feeling. We support the right of peaceful protesters, and we hear their pleas. But what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or with peace.
The memory of George Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters, and anarchists. The violence and vandalism is being led by Antifa and other radical left-wing groups who are terrorizing the innocent, destroying jobs, hurting businesses, and burning down buildings.
The main victims of this horrible, horrible situations are the citizens who live in these once lovely communities. The mobs are devastating the life’s work of good people and destroying their dreams. Right now, America needs creation, not destruction; cooperation, not contempt; security, not anarchy. And there will be no anarchy. Civilization must be cherished, defended, and protected. The voices of law-abiding citizens must be heard, and heard very loudly.
We cannot and must not allow a small group of criminals and vandals to wreck our cities and lay waste to our communities. We must defend the rights of every citizen to live without violence, prejudice, or fear.
We support the overwhelming majority of police officers who are incredible in every way and devoted public servants. They keep our cities safe, protect our communities from gangs and drugs, and risk their own lives for us every day.
No one is more upset than fellow law enforcement officers by the small handful who fail to abide by their oath to serve and protect. My administration will stop mob violence and will stop it cold.
It does not serve the interests of justice or any citizen of any race, color, or creed for the government to give into anarchy, abandon police precincts, or allow communities to be burned to the ground. It won’t happen.
Those making excuses or justifications for violence are not helping the downtrodden, but delivering new anguish and new pain.
From day one of my administration, we have made it a top priority to build up distressed communities and revitalize our crumbling inner cities.
We fought hard with Senator Tim Scott and many others to create Opportunity Zones, helping to draw a surge of new investment to the places in our country that need it most. We must all work together as a society to expand opportunity and to create a future of greater dignity and promise for all of our people. We must forge a partnership with community leaders, local law enforcement, and the faith community to restore hope.
Radical-left criminals, thugs, and others all throughout our country and throughout the world will not be allowed to set communities ablaze. We won’t let it happen. It harms those who have the least. And we will be protecting those who have the least.
The leadership of the National Guard and the Department of Justice are now in close communication with state and city officials in Minnesota. And we’re coordinating our efforts with local law enforcement all across our nation.
In America, justice is never achieved at the hands of an angry mob. I will not allow angry mobs to dominate. It won’t happen. It is essential that we protect the crown jewel of American democracy: the rule of law and our independent system of justice. Every citizen in every community has the right to be safe in their workplace, safe in their homes, and safe in our city streets.
This is the sacred right of all Americans that I am totally determined to defend and will defend. My administration will always stand against violence, mayhem, and disorder.
We will stand with the family of George Floyd with the peaceful protesters and with every law-abiding citizen who wants decency, civility, safety, and security.
We are working toward a more just society, but that means building up, not tearing down; joining hands, not hurling fists; standing in solidarity, not surrendering to hostility.

Planck

believes in Dog
Also trump
Knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees! I promise! I promise!—Donald Trump

Get him out! Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court! Don't worry about it!—Donald Trump

I love the old days! You know what they used to do to guys like that in a place like this? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks!—Donald Trump

In the good old days this doesn't happen because they used to treat them very, very rough!—Donald Trump

I'll beat the crap out of you!—Donald Trump, speaking to a protester

I'd like to punch him in the face!—Donald Trump

Maybe he should have been roughed up.—Donald Trump, after being told that a Black Lives Matter activist had been kicked, punched and called the n-word

Tranquility

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence...
I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honour than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor.
But I believe that nonviolence is infinitely superior to violence, forgiveness is more manly than punishment. Forgiveness adorns a soldier...But abstinence is forgiveness only when there is the power to punish; it is meaningless when it pretends to proceed from a helpless creature....
But I do not believe India to be helpless....I do not believe myself to be a helpless creature....Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
We do want to drive out the beast in the man, but we do not want on that account to emasculate him. And in the process of finding his own status, the beast in him is bound now and again to put up his ugly appearance.
The world is not entirely governed by logic. Life itself involves some kind of violence and we have to choose the path of least violence. "
--Gandhi

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
"Fellow members of the Roman Senate hear me. Shall we continue to build palace after palace for the rich? Or shall we aspire to a more noble purpose and build decent housing for the poor? How does the Senate vote?"

Entire Senate : "FUCK THE POOR!" (History of the World Part l)

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I can relate. I only vape sometimes....everyday.:ko:

“I used to smoke marijuana. But I’ll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening —or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, mid-evening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-mid-afternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning…But never at dusk.”
—Steve Martin

Top Bottom