Favourite Quotes

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
55e5f4d1d35470a8cbf726b6fbdd612023b182fc81e7d48ad9d9f8169cf90641.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

—Calvin Coolidge

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
― H.L. Mencken

One of my favorites, (hence my signiture)

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
“Civilization, in fact, grows more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. Wars are no longer waged by the will of superior men, capable of judging dispassionately and intelligently the causes behind them and the effects flowing out of them. The are now begun by first throwing a mob into a panic; they are ended only when it has spent its ferine fury.”
― H.L. Mencken

florduh

“Tell me, Bernard. If you were to proclaim your humanity to the world, what do you imagine would greet you? A ticker-tape parade, perhaps? We humans are alone in this world for a reason. We murdered and butchered anything that challenged our primacy. Do you know what happened to the Neanderthals, Bernard? We ate them.

-Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Ford in Westworld

maxresdefault.jpg

florduh

""I don't understand what kind of fatal attraction Chinese women possess which enthrals the corresponding men to such an extent that they are incapable of defending themselves against the formidable blessing of offspring."
https://www.dw.com/en/albert-einstein-the-racist-genius/a-44231775 :D

Not exactly a polite statement by today's standards. But if that's the worst of it, you could get in a Delorean, punch the throttle to 88mph, go to 1920 and grab 100 Americans at random.

Back To The Future GIF

I'm certain every single one of them would say something far more horrific than that Einstein quote within 5 minutes. Shit, come to my family's house for Thanksgiving in 2022 :lol:.

For reference, here's a quote from the US President at the time, used in the film "Birth of a Nation". I believe this was the first film ever shown at the White House:

ww_kkk.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Not exactly a polite statement by today's standards. But if that's the worst of it, you could get in a Delorean, punch the throttle to 88mph, go to 1920 and grab 100 Americans at random.

Back To The Future GIF

I'm certain every single one of them would say something far more horrific than that Einstein quote within 5 minutes. Shit, come to my family's house for Thanksgiving in 2022 :lol:.

For reference, here's a quote from the US President at the time, used in the film "Birth of a Nation". I believe this was the first film ever shown at the White House:

ww_kkk.jpg
People have gotten very racial sensitive in the last decades ,having in mind that races are so mixed with the technical development allowing easy movement to almost any populated area on the planet,they are barely living up to the context of this term. Some even have learned to use it to their advantage,which is up the same line as discrimination in my book.
Racist or not what Einstein said is true to almost any race ,having in mind we are living in a overpopulated planet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The guy clearly didnt take an account what happened in China when they decided to enforce the one child policy ,but still he clearly shows that a way out of this problem should be figured out ASAP, no technology development in the decades to come wouldnt be able to solve that problem if we dont do it ourselves.
“First of all, let’s just take it at face value: Each woman should bear only one natural child. Now, what would be the demographic consequences of this? Startlingly, within fifty years the population of the Earth would be cut in half, without war, epidemic, forced migration, government programs of sterilization, and so forth and so on.” “Notice that you can say to this college-educated, upper-class woman, ‘How would you like to have more leisure time, save a pile of money, and be hailed as a political hero? All you have to do is limit your reproductive activity to one child.’"

- Terence McKenna

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
""You are not generous: it's your disease,

You love to give""

Plutarch
That guy was probably one of the OG Vegetarians out there,lol
“But more than this - not even, after your victims have been killed, will you eat them just as they are from the slaughter-house. You boil, roast, and altogether metamorphose them by fire and condiments. You entirely alter and disguise the murdered animal by use of ten thousand sweet herbs and spices, that your natural taste may be deceived and be prepared to take the unnatural food. A proper and witty rebuke was that of the Spartan who bought a fish and gave it to his cook to dress. When the latter asked for butter, and olive oil, and vinegar, he replied, 'Why, if I had all these things I should not have bought the fish!”
Plutarch

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
^ Sounds like your stereotypical dude who thinks the mayo is too spicy.
Someone doesn't appreciate flavor, LoLz :rofl:

I bet they'd find bell-peppers to be too spicy :razz:
(I'm a speciesist. I openly admit to that)

Top Bottom