Favorite Vape Device (DynaVap, Dani, etc)

Razhumikin

Reliable could mean that it will not break, it will not run out of battery, can be heated with any heat source, etc. Consistent in this context means it produces the same quality vapor every time.
I think that his next point in the list is that it is unbreakable belies that point.

Razhumikin,

Farid

How so? Because that would be redundant, listing reliable and unbreakable?

What say you @PeteyS ? What did you mean by reliable vs consistent?

cptofnthng

I think DV is a non innovating company that only milks their success by releasing the same shitty tasting vape over and over again for years. Its for a reason people that vape a lot and have a lot of insight into it like @Shit Snacks dont use them at all. Even the anvil, tastewise is a joke compared to other vapes. Very muted imho. But it smacks nicely and i never combusted in it.

Farid

There are tons of people who've been on this forum for ages who don't feel the same way. The thread wouldn't be over 2000 pages if that was the case.

And I say this as someone who was an on demand convection snob and heavy user for the better part of a decade. Tried tons of iterations of portables from the early elevape and thermovapes to the RBTs, Tubo, and Tiny Might. Got sick of carrying around batteries and the dry throat that comes with direct lung hits of hot air. Mouth to lung is a savior and that's not really possible with convection.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah to each their own, everything is for someone, but something is not for everyone...?

I get it and I don't, but yeah I would be miserable if I have to rely on that haha still never try to any with IH though as I'm sure that improves the experience exponentially although I have no problem relying on big torch at home for banger dabs through recyclers?

That led me to get the thermal accumulator, and I could see the appeal of the GVB killer as well, but I never use it... It is so much quicker and consistent with minimal effort for me to just do a one-hitter high temp tetra basket through water 9/10 times and I like to rotate that with BAK even in a similar way for total opposite vapor signature (often I find the pure convection smoother on my throat compared to the conduction hybrids actually just another example of everyone being different)

Once I finally get out and about again, bringing herbs with vapes, which has been quite a while since I have done so, I still would rely on battery powered... Likely TM with my GVB glass, although I'd like to grab FW9 at some point to see how that could fulfill the need...??

Unfortunately tough to beat simple low dose edibles and good quality oil cartridges when necessary for mobility and super simplicity, of course even though the herbal vapes are overall a much more enjoyable experience

Haveth

Accessory Maker
I LOVE the flavor of vaped flower, but I think you might not understand how good flower can taste in a good vape. If all youve used are crappy vapes like a dynavap or a mighty you wont really be able to understand the euphoric bliss that can come from vaping nice flower.
:lol:I like you, you are a lot like my two close friends/biz partners. They are ALWAYS trying to get me to try different forms of vapes flower because they absolutely love the taste. Okay, because of you, and them, I will keep trying it out of higher quality products LOL, I also don’t like the taste of combusted flower, and they taste similar to me, but maybe that is just the vapes I’ve used?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
:lol:I like you, you are a lot like my two close friends/biz partners. They are ALWAYS trying to get me to try different forms of vapes flower because they absolutely love the taste. Okay, because of you, and them, I will keep trying it out of higher quality products LOL, I also don’t like the taste of combusted flower, and they taste similar to me, but maybe that is just the vapes I’ve used?

Yeah you need to find something that works well, with pure materials, most of the most mainstream taste like trash in my experience

Razhumikin

Haha well next time youre in nyc let me know and Im happy to have you over to try some of my vapes.

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Haha well next time youre in nyc let me know and Im happy to have you over to try some of my vapes.
Definitely my brother!! I actually have family in NY, from Long Island so I go up there every now and then I’ll remember this and hit you up next time! How’s NY been going lately with the legalization campaign? (I know off topic)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I think dynvaps get a bad rap. Sure you can make a DV taste like crap if you don't try - poor heating technique, don't keep it clean, bad grind etc.

They're not the tastiest vapes I own but they're not poor tasting imo.

I think the all-glass "dynavaps" (from PTGlass, not the add-a-cap although I'm sure it's good) heated with a low-temp cap taste great and you can get very predictable results. My Omni tip is the next best tasting and using a glass stem makes it better although it's nice to have the titanium stem for portability/ruggedness as well. Great vape.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Razhumikin

Definitely my brother!! I actually have family in NY, from Long Island so I go up there every now and then I’ll remember this and hit you up next time! How’s NY been going lately with the legalization campaign? (I know off topic)
We shouldnt take this thread off topic, but check out this thread for updates on cannabis in NY:

Razhumikin,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I think dynvaps get a bad rap. Sure you can make a DV taste like crap if you don't try - poor heating technique, don't keep it clean, bad grind etc.

They're not the tastiest vapes I own but they're not poor tasting imo.

I think the all-glass "dynavaps" (from PTGlass, not the add-a-cap although I'm sure it's good) heated with a low-temp cap taste great and you can get very predictable results. My Omni tip is the next best tasting and using a glass stem makes it better although it's nice to have the titanium stem for portability/ruggedness as well. Great vape.
The first hit off a Dynavap can be nice and tasty unless you’re pushing hard for a big hit off the bat. However if you push past three hits there’s definitely a burnt popcorn taste. In comparison all of my convection vapes go from extremely tasty at first to either no taste or a slight grassy taste on the later hits.

However I tend to like the high I get from convection/conduction hybrids more than a pure convection high. I’ve got a RWW Quartz Cap on the way, hoping for a best of both worlds type scenario—better flavor with the type of high I prefer.

So I wouldn’t say a Dynavap tastes actively bad, but it’s on the lower end of tastiness for me. Sticky Brick sits at the top of tastiness tower. I’ve been curious to try a Dani but the idea of investing in a whole other stem size is a big turn off.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The first hit off a Dynavap can be nice and tasty unless you’re pushing hard for a big hit off the bat. However if you push past three hits there’s definitely a burnt popcorn taste. In comparison all of my convection vapes go from extremely tasty at first to either no taste or a slight grassy taste on the later hits.

However I tend to like the high I get from convection/conduction hybrids more than a pure convection high. I’ve got a RWW Quartz Cap on the way, hoping for a best of both worlds type scenario—better flavor with the type of high I prefer.

So I wouldn’t say a Dynavap tastes actively bad, but it’s on the lower end of tastiness for me. Sticky Brick sits at the top of tastiness tower. I’ve been curious to try a Dani but the idea of investing in a whole other stem size is a big turn off.
You didn't mention if you're speaking about hitting DVs with a torch or an IH. I use an IH and the ability to pull while heating does wonders for extra tastiness. I still agree with you the DVs aren't the tastiest vapes but their ok in my book. All glass DVs are absolutely up there with the tastiest vapes I've tried.

Sticky brick comes up a lot as a great hard-hitting vape but I'm just not a torch guy so I don't buy vapes I can't use IH with. I will say I tried to retrofit a RWW Terpedo with steel wrap to have it work with an IH but just didn't get hot enough. I tried it with a torch just to make it work and I have to say it's awesome. All glass, huge bowl, hybrid heating. That's probably what you'll get from the Quartz Cap.

I think the tastiest vape I own might be the Neo but right up there for me is the Vaponic (modded for IH), AVLP and IQ2 also. Would like to try the TM2 one day but thinking the AVLP is similar.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
You didn't mention if you're speaking about hitting DVs with a torch or an IH. I use an IH and the ability to pull while heating does wonders for extra tastiness. I still agree with you the DVs aren't the tastiest vapes but their ok in my book. All glass DVs are absolutely up there with the tastiest vapes I've tried.

Sticky brick comes up a lot as a great hard-hitting vape but I'm just not a torch guy so I don't buy vapes I can't use IH with. I will say I tried to retrofit a RWW Terpedo with steel wrap to have it work with an IH but just didn't get hot enough. I tried it with a torch just to make it work and I have to say it's awesome. All glass, huge bowl, hybrid heating. That's probably what you'll get from the Quartz Cap.

I think the tastiest vape I own might be the Neo but right up there for me is the Vaponic (modded for IH), AVLP and IQ2 also. Would like to try the TM2 one day but thinking the AVLP is similar.
You’re right, I was talking about taste when using a torch and heating to the click. The only IH I have is the dental one with DDave mod that made the rounds back when IHs were still rare for Dynavaps and I didn’t want to pay through the nose for a custom one. Maybe that IH is especially crappy but I’ve never liked it. I feel like the vapor is more harsh than when I use a torch.

Regarding all glass Dynavaps, I have a Glass Charlie dimpled stem and I’ve not found the flavor is significantly better with it, but the vapor is of course much cooler. Maybe a DV on a glass stem with a better IH would make the difference? Or maybe we just experience these vapes a little differently. :)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You’re right, I was talking about taste when using a torch and heating to the click. The only IH I have is the dental one with DDave mod that made the rounds back when IHs were still rare for Dynavaps and I didn’t want to pay through the nose for a custom one. Maybe that IH is especially crappy but I’ve never liked it. I feel like the vapor is more harsh than when I use a torch.

Regarding all glass Dynavaps, I have a Glass Charlie dimpled stem and I’ve not found the flavor is significantly better with it, but the vapor is of course much cooler. Maybe a DV on a glass stem with a better IH would make the difference? Or maybe we just experience these vapes a little differently. :)
The right IH does make a big difference and the Wand is really a versatile one since it allows you to pull while heating if you want to while controlling the depth in the coil. I do it all the time. If the tip has to be metal the the Omni tip is the tastiest I find. But the real treasure is the all-glass DV. I got a couple from PTGlass but I believe DV sells the glass add-a-cap that is similar. So the bowl and stem are all glass and you just use the DV cap to heat things. It's not just a stem like the Glass Charlie. It's super tasty and technically I guess it's still a DV.

Last edited:

mourningmomma

I would say that my Anvil is easier to get a tastier hit off of than my DVs with the same amount of flower. I think it because of the copper band and a bit of convection. That being said, the absolute worst flavor I have ever had in any of my vapes was an RTL hit on the Anvil.

Also you mentioned the vapman. Vapman outclasses both of them on flavor for me. Not even in the same ballpark. Also it's just a better ritual and everything. You are right that it is great with only a little flower, but its something special beyond that. I could get rid of my vapcaps and not really mind, but I will probably never part with my vapmans.
I want the Anvil I just have to use induction heat when I'm at home and from what I see the Anvil doesn't really fit like The Ispire Wand which is what I need to use. Is this true? This is all that keeps me from buying it 😔🙏🙄

mourningmomma,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I want the Anvil I just have to use induction heat when I'm at home and from what I see the Anvil doesn't really fit like The Ispire Wand which is what I need to use. Is this true? This is all that keeps me from buying it 😔🙏🙄
Some folks are very keen on induction heaters with the Anvil. I think that's like driving a screw with a hammer. What makes the Anvil good is the copper band and battery. Those are pointless when using an IH.

Anyway you can check the Anvil thread for IH recommendations. I think the best right now is form VHB? Not sure, but that thread will sort you out.

jardri

Vapor Dreams

The Anvil does not work well with induction. I have the wand and a DIY one, both deliver a suboptimal experience. Too much heating time and a LOT less flavour an less clouds. Not worth IMO.

But if you use a torch... mamma mia! its a beast!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
The right IH does make a big difference and the Wand is really a versatile one since it allows you to pull while heating if you want to while controlling the depth in the coil. I do it all the time. If the tip has to be metal the the Omni tip is the tastiest I find. But the real treasure is the all-glass DV. I got a couple from PTGlass but I believe DV sells the glass add-a-cap that is similar. So the bowl and stem are all glass and you just use the DV cap to heat things. It's not just a stem like the Glass Charlie. It's super tasty and technically I guess it's still a DV.
I didn’t realize there were glass tips too, that would definitely increase tastiness! Couple that with the new glass caps from TRWW and you could literally have an all glass Dynavap.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I didn’t realize there were glass tips too, that would definitely increase tastiness! Couple that with the new glass caps from TRWW and you could literally have an all glass Dynavap.
Yup, you totally could. I still like the DV caps for clicking convenience and the ability to use an IH. I don't notice that they affect taste much. The glass bowl is key.

Dutch-Mic

The Dynavaps can provide great taste (7,5 out of 10), depending nog on the strain. I won’t put a haze in it to enjoy the terpenes, but a kosher kush or old skool super skunk in a Vapcap is something I look forward to after a busy workday.

Haveth

Accessory Maker
The Dynavaps can provide great taste (7,5 out of 10), depending nog on the strain. I won’t put a haze in it to enjoy the terpenes, but a kosher kush or old skool super skunk in a Vapcap is something I look forward to after a busy workday.
Why do you think the gassier/skunky strains taste better in the Dyna? That’s interesting you like the tastes of those types of terps out of the DV but not hazes. It seems like the Dynas also work much better with dryer herb, and not fresh sticky flower.

Dutch-Mic

Why do you think the gassier/skunky strains taste better in the Dyna? That’s interesting you like the tastes of those types of terps out of the DV but not hazes. It seems like the Dynas also work much better with dryer herb, and not fresh sticky flower.

It is a personal preference of course, but in my experience the Dynavap highlights the terpenes in the kosher kush and super skunk that I really like. Also the Dynavap itself adds a tiny bit of a - for the lack of a better phrase - ‘metallic’ taste that combines greatly with the mentioned strains.

Don’t get me wrong, a haze can still taste nice in a DV, but I definitely prefer convection vaporizers like the Dreamwood Punch/Glow 18 or the Elev8r for those strains.

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: Haveth

Haveth

Accessory Maker
It is a personal preference of course, but in my experience the Dynavap highlights the terpenes in the kosher kush and super skunk that I really like. Also the Dynavap itself adds a tiny bit of a - for the lack of a better phrase - ‘metallic’ taste that combines greatly with the mentioned strains.

Don’t get me wrong, a haze can still taste nice in a DV, but I definitely prefer convection vaporizers like the Dreamwood Punch/Glow 18 or the Elev8r for those strains.
Ahhh okay. I bet the skunky/gassy terps do better at covering the harsher taste of the metallic caps. One of my biz partners/close friends has over 8/9 Dynas he swears by :lol: I’ll have to check out the Dreamwoodand Elev8r products!

Haveth,
Top Bottom