Favorite Vape Device (DynaVap, Dani, etc)

UnusedAcc

Hey FC!

I have a bunch of different model DynaVaps and have recently seen a lot of positive reviews for the Dani vape. Does anyone here have the DynaVap and/or Dani? How do they compare?
From looking at the caps, it seems like all of the Dani products caps are the same size versus DynaVaps cap and armored cap.
I tried to google differences etc and only really came across paid reviews. I’d much rather hear from the community themselves over watching a YT video.

Thank you!!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hey FC!

I have a bunch of different model DynaVaps and have recently seen a lot of positive reviews for the Dani vape. Does anyone here have the DynaVap and/or Dani? How do they compare?
From looking at the caps, it seems like all of the Dani products caps are the same size versus DynaVaps cap and armored cap.
I tried to google differences etc and only really came across paid reviews. I’d much rather hear from the community themselves over watching a YT video.

Thank you!!
There are a few comparisons throughout this site. Some hidden in the device threads, but some with threads of their own:

I am sure other folks will give their input on this thread too. I am not a big dynavap fan, so I don't really have an opinion. For those times I want a vapcap, I use the anvil as it is basically a foolproof, slightly tastier vapcap.

hinglemccringleberry

There are a few comparisons throughout this site. Some hidden in the device threads, but some with threads of their own:

I am sure other folks will give their input on this thread too. I am not a big dynavap fan, so I don't really have an opinion. For those times I want a vapcap, I use the anvil as it is basically a foolproof, slightly tastier vapcap.
Wouldn't you say the anvil is not tastier than a Dynavap if running identical load sizes / comparing apples to apples? I would think it's only tastier because your Anvil load is like 1.5X bigger than the Dynavap load.
Dynavap and Vapman are impressive because they can do so much with so little herb.
Anvil and Dani are for heavy users / those with a tolerance that's too high for a Dynavap/Vapman.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Wouldn't you say the anvil is not tastier than a Dynavap if running identical load sizes / comparing apples to apples? I would think it's only tastier because your Anvil load is like 1.5X bigger than the Dynavap load.
Dynavap and Vapman are impressive because they can do so much with so little herb.
Anvil and Dani are for heavy users / those with a tolerance that's too high for a Dynavap/Vapman.
I would say that my Anvil is easier to get a tastier hit off of than my DVs with the same amount of flower. I think it because of the copper band and a bit of convection. That being said, the absolute worst flavor I have ever had in any of my vapes was an RTL hit on the Anvil.

Also you mentioned the vapman. Vapman outclasses both of them on flavor for me. Not even in the same ballpark. Also it's just a better ritual and everything. You are right that it is great with only a little flower, but its something special beyond that. I could get rid of my vapcaps and not really mind, but I will probably never part with my vapmans.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
The stock bowl on the Anvil is only .1 and a fully stuffed dyna is what like .07-.1? Fairly similar size if you ask me. I think the Anvil is tastier as well, and I think this is because of the added convection bias. Just like how the Dani Fusion is more tasty than the Anvil (although I still prefer the Anvil in every other aspect)

A lot of people only talk about the RTL aspect of the Anvil and not enough talk is around the fact that you can take it slower too, and get much better flavour that way. Only heating to the first click yields several tasty heatups before the load is cashed. Even better results with the XL bowl. There’s also the half bowl size for people with less of an appetite.

I’ve really enjoyed my Fusion though, and I also had a v2 Dani but I found the draw restriction to be awful, and while the Fusion is leaps and bounds ahead of the v2 I still find the draw restriction tightens up through the hit no matter how I pack. I know a few folks who still prefer the v3 Dani over the fusion, and I also know several who say the opposite.

To @ProtoCore i think if you’re looking for a similar experience in a better package compared to the Dyna, you can’t really go wrong with any of the devices inspired by it, because I think they’re all doing better than dyna is now, as a whole. Anvil, Thermal Accumulator, Fusion, Convector, and I might even include the return of the Lotus in this list of others to checkout as well.

Last edited:

cptofnthng

I also think the DV doesnt have any advantage at all over the anvil, because the original anvil bowl works perfectly with any amount. No micro bowl needed.
It also slaps me nicely and doesnt feel as finnicky as a DV. Extra plus for handling hot loads with a magnet.

Farid

I also think the DV doesnt have any advantage at all over the anvil, because the original anvil bowl works perfectly with any amount. No micro bowl needed.
It also slaps me nicely and doesnt feel as finnicky as a DV. Extra plus for handling hot loads with a magnet.

The biggest advantage is a faster heatup and cooldown time. You can step outside a bar and hit a Dynavap, very quickly. It feels much closer to hitting a bat than the others.

Greenleaf88

The biggest advantage is a faster heatup and cooldown time. You can step outside a bar and hit a Dynavap, very quickly. It feels much closer to hitting a bat than the others.
Only thing is the constant heat ups kinda of annoying when ur out

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Greenleaf88

That only applies to heavy users. I'm good with one bowl, which I can kill in 1 heat cycle.
Actually no if u wanna finish it in one hit ok but one heat cycle u can get 5 to 6 hits it u dont take gigantic hits, dont have to keep heating it up.

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Tji89

Armored cap will keep the heat very well. Usually I empty a bowl with two heat ups to the click. If one need to extract everything in one hit go 5-6 seconds over.

As Farid mentioned the quick heat up and down aswell as easy cap swap makes dyna so easily reachable. I use the leather thing that came with Danivape when on the go and it's perfect for pulling off the hot cap. Lately my dyna has seen more light than Dani mainly because it's so practical and quick to fire up.

Greenleaf88

Armored cap will keep the heat very well. Usually I empty a bowl with two heat ups to the click. If one need to extract everything in one hit go 5-6 seconds over.

As Farid mentioned the quick heat up and down aswell as easy cap swap makes dyna so easily reachable. I use the leather thing that came with Danivape when on the go and it's perfect for pulling off the hot cap. Lately my dyna has seen more light than Dani mainly because it's so practical and quick to fire up.
If u hit the Dani or anvil armored cap will be a dissapointment and the fmj as well. But if u have never hit the Dani or anvil it a solid purchase

Edit: I know it sounds like I'm hating on the dyna I'm not I love mine for what it is I still hit mine everyday, dont bring it out though

Tji89

I actually have two Danivapes. I don't know why but I went back to using mostly Dyna. Been using OWW inception glass stem and the taste is good. Haven't tried Anvil yet. I'm struggling with justifying getting another vape, either it or TA at one point.

Edit; microdosing 0.0.25-0.1 g is very easy. It heats up and down fast, it's easy to hotswap and reload a new hit. When about bring it in leather case as mentioned earlier and you can have in your pocket easily. It also only requires a small jet lighter which also fits easily in your pocket. Some lighters will last you 15-20 bowls.
With the glass stem I mentioned it' s very easy to clean. There's basically four parts. Cap, tip and filter inside and stem.

I'm just rambling, hope this helps with deciding.

Last edited:

PeteyS

I like the "dyna world" It seems like it is the right place to be at the moment.
That being said, I think the dynavap is a wonderful product. So good, that if no other vaporizers existed, i think we would all be ok with what dynavaps have to offer.
Pros-Cheap, small, reliable, unbreakable, no battery needed, can hit like harder then any battery powered vape, has endless third party support, can easily be used with a water piece.
Cons-Hits are not consistent, have to use a torch, steeper learning curve, not alot of vapour cooling, flavour is only about average.

Razhumikin

I would not be ok with vaping if dynas were all that were offered. I dont love butane vapes in general, but I find dynas to be particularly bad. The flavor is grotesque imo and the draw is wildly restricted. I also have plenty of battery powered vapes that hit way harder than a dyna ever could, as the open draw allows for way bigger clouds. Im also not sure how you can list one pro as reliable and one con as hits are not consistent. Dynavaps are wildly over-marketed and over-hyped imo, and are in my opinion a seriously subpar product.

Haveth

Accessory Maker
I like the "dyna world" It seems like it is the right place to be at the moment.
That being said, I think the dynavap is a wonderful product. So good, that if no other vaporizers existed, i think we would all be ok with what dynavaps have to offer.
Pros-Cheap, small, reliable, unbreakable, no battery needed, can hit like harder then any battery powered vape, has endless third party support, can easily be used with a water piece.
Cons-Hits are not consistent, have to use a torch, steeper learning curve, not alot of vapour cooling, flavour is only about average.
I agree with most of your Pros, except cheap. I don’t think the Dynas can be considered cheap as they are just metal sticks for over $100 :lol: but they do hit harder than I was expecting them to. Many people are into them so if you have a question on any of them you just run to their discord and ask! Yeah the flavor is essentially the best you’re going to get using a piece of metal to smoke from LOL

Haveth

Accessory Maker
I would not be ok with vaping if dynas were all that were offered. I dont love butane vapes in general, but I find dynas to be particularly bad. The flavor is grotesque imo and the draw is wildly restricted. I also have plenty of battery powered vapes that hit way harder than a dyna ever could, as the open draw allows for way bigger clouds. Im also not sure how you can list one pro as reliable and one con as hits are not consistent. Dynavaps are wildly over-marketed and over-hyped imo, and are in my opinion a seriously subpar product.
I do understand where you are coming from. They are neat little tools but you are correct in that the hits are inconsistent. You have to essentially find the sweet spot hearing them up. For flavor- I think you have to REALLY be into vaped flower to enjoy it. I’m not a fan of the flavor of vaped flower, no matter what it is being used to vape it though.

Haveth

Accessory Maker
If u hit the Dani or anvil armored cap will be a dissapointment and the fmj as well. But if u have never hit the Dani or anvil it a solid purchase

Edit: I know it sounds like I'm hating on the dyna I'm not I love mine for what it is I still hit mine everyday, dont bring it out though
So you’re saying you prefer the Dani to the Dyna?

Razhumikin

I do understand where you are coming from. They are neat little tools but you are correct in that the hits are inconsistent. You have to essentially find the sweet spot hearing them up. For flavor- I think you have to REALLY be into vaped flower to enjoy it. I’m not a fan of the flavor of vaped flower, no matter what it is being used to vape it though.
I LOVE the flavor of vaped flower, but I think you might not understand how good flower can taste in a good vape. If all youve used are crappy vapes like a dynavap or a mighty you wont really be able to understand the euphoric bliss that can come from vaping nice flower.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I LOVE the flavor of vaped flower, but I think you might not understand how good flower can taste in a good vape. If all youve used are crappy vapes like a dynavap or a mighty you wont really be able to understand the euphoric bliss that can come from vaping nice flower.
Yeah, I am also not into vapcaps. I have a few but even the best ones are just fine. I think they appeal to a definite type of cannabis consumer. It just isn't me. Although I was going through my vapes to sell and I did have a fun little vapcap session for old times sake. I am still going to get rid of my IH, but it was nice to know I still have good torch technique. :-)

Farid

Reliable could mean that it will not break, it will not run out of battery, can be heated with any heat source, etc. Consistent in this context means it produces the same quality vapor every time.

Top Bottom