Fake News

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Yes, I remembered about the tainted blood scandal and how that didn't affect Bayer much and realize that was probably not the most accurate comment.

Having all the public eyes on you is probably gonna be a lot more compelling though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit - Just to fuel some flames for you guys, cause you know i'm all about that controversy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, don't quote me on this, I briefly remember, but from what I understand they had a lot of that tainted blood and decided it was too much to dump and started selling in other countries.

Do your research! LMAO

(I am pro vaxx BTW so don't take me for an antivax lmao)

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I realize the vast majority of people on this board probably think I'm insane and possibly criminal at this point, but here goes.

Got it. I tend to think the most logical explanation for why the government and businesses are pushing for the vax is that they believe, based on the data, that it will reduce hospitalizations and deaths at a population level. They could be mistaken about that, but that would be the motive.

I'm open to another explanation. But the only alternative explanation I've heard that makes even a lick of sense is that it's all a big scam by big pharma. If that's the case... if our government is so captured by corporations that they're able to pull off a "scam" of this magnitude, then we have a bigger problem than vaccines. That would mean our entire political and economic system is broken beyond repair.

I'm sure reducing hospitalizations and deaths is the end goal, it just seems like a very "wishy-washy" way of accomplishing that. Mostly because of the blatant, in your face hypocrisy we see, constantly moving the goalposts, lack of information, etc. the list just goes on and on for me. If the vax is so effective, why are those who are protected, so fearful of those who aren't? So adamant about making sure everybody complies? I dont get it. Obama can have a massive, maskless birthday party, but our kids aren't allowed to play outside at recess without masks? The big shots at the Emmys are exempt from the mask mandate, but I cant run into the gas station for a bottle of water without masking up.

I agree if any of the "conspiracy theories" have any weight to them, that's probably the one of the more likely ones. I would lean it more towards "Big Pharma" trying to walk that fine line by trying to help and trying to drag it out to make as much money as possible. I don't think there's some major scam going on, but I do feel like there is some level of deception here - in the interest of money.

Like I said I feel the same way about ivermectin, the thing before that, the malaria pill I believe? Are they worth looking into? Sure. Why not look into every possibility until it can be ruled out? Do I believe at this point, its viable? Not anymore than the vaxxes being offered by Big Pharma. I honestly dont even like to use the words "Big Pharma" because I feel like it immediately makes me sound like a tin foil hat conspiracist who believes Phizer is using these shots to give Fauci complete mind control over the American population.

That's literally been the mission statement of every pharmaceutical and medical insurance company in history. That's why I personally believe all, or at least the vast majority of both drug development and medical insurance should be publicly owned and not for profit.

People will disagree and call that commie shit. Fine. But then they can't bitch when in the middle of a global pandemic the only place to get life saving drugs are from money grubbing corporations whose primary concern is generating enough profit so their CEO's can buy a new yacht every summer, not patient's health. That's literally the world they want.

I don't like that "Big Pharma" is making vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, etc. But in the world we've built, they're the only game in town.

Of course, pharmaceutical and insurance companies are in business to make money. Shit, hospitals are too. They're not in the business of losing it. I dont believe that they should be government ran, because in my experience, nearly everything government ran is a shit show - it's extremely rare that I've been impressed by anything the gov. has their hands in.

That said, yes, I think the pharm. and ins. companies as a whole have way too much power and control. Way too much influence in Washington. I'm not going to pretend like I have a better solution in mind, cause I don't - right now I just know I dont trust them either.

Ultimately IMO money is motivating the majority of this whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised, after the 5th or 6th round of boosters, they came out and said, oops, sorry guys, this isn't nearly as effective as we initially thought. Turns out, we had it wrong and have to try this OTHER new technology to combat the new hulu zulu pooloo variant!

The best way I know to contrast fake news versus reality/truth is to watch some of the videos of the school board debates on masks and the shot. I've watched a bunch and to summarize....MANY LOCAL nurses and doctors will come to the podium to present what they know and are living through in the hope of convincing folks that masks and vaccines work. Some of the nurses and doctors will cry when speaking at the podium because of what they have seen and how worn out and frustrated they are. In one case a nurse, trying to get her point across broke down describing 3 cases of unvaxed pregnant women who were put on vents so the child could be delivered before the mother passed. Her exact words were "these mothers will never hold their children". I cried like a baby watching her speak. Inevitably one of these health professionals will say "The unvaccinated are more than 95% of those hospitalized and dying. If you're having any doubts how real this is you should spend a few hours at the hospital with me". Seriously....watch a couple of these school board debates with your computer handy so you can fact check things. Bottom line...If you contrast the anti's facts and presentation versus the doctors and nurses it's pretty clear who is putting out reality and who isn't.

Here's my personal contribution.....when I got my 1st Pfizer shot my penis grew by 4 inches. When I got the 2nd shot my penis grew another 10 inches and I started having uncontrolled erections and orgasms every hour. It's been 6 months since the second shot and its still happening. Even when I'm sleeping! Its a good thing I have access to an unlimited supply of bed sheets. By the way, my real name is Mike Lindell.

I'll leave it to you to decide which of the above is Fake News.....

Valid points - but the flip side of that, is for as many nurses as you will see advocating for the vax with stories like that, there are just as many going the opposite way. Plenty of examples of issues with pregnancy associated with the vaccine. Mothers who will never be able to hold their children, allegedly because of the vaccine. There are medical professionals making presentations that contradict the "mainstream" medical opinions. They're instantly discounted and assumed to be wrong - the question is why? How can we be so sure, so quickly, that they are wrong?

scy123

I realize the vast majority of people on this board probably think I'm insane and possibly criminal at this point, but here goes.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinions, and some seems valid. I was actually not gonna take the vaccine cause I figured if everyone else takes it I might be ok not to and who knows what might happen with something so new...... but social pressures is also a concern.

I think most people just hate on antivaxx cause a lot of them seem really out there. (no offence towards anyone here)

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
You are perfectly entitled to your opinions, and some seems valid. I was actually not gonna take the vaccine cause I figured if everyone else takes it I might be ok not to and who knows what might happen with something so new...... but social pressures is also a concern.

I think most people just hate on antivaxx cause a lot of them seem really out there. (no offence towards anyone here)

Trust me I get it... I know a couple of them and they ARE out there. There's one guy in particular who I met through work - not at my company, but another company that we have a working relationship with.

We were friendly and have each others cell numbers, friends on facebook, etc. Covid hit, the guy went off the deep end. He actually uprooted his entire life on Long Island, NY, and him and his wife moved to a remote part of Montana. He's really gone off the deep end, publicly posts on facebook about how he feels. Literally thinks the Jews are behind the entire thing, thinks literally everything surrounding covid is a genuine hoax and lie. Thinks the clouds we see in NY are chemtrails sprayed from airliners, gov. controlling the weather, etc. etc. Just very extreme stuff.

I just think if hes posting that stuff on facebook, I cant imagine what he keeps to himself / off the internet.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Valid points - but the flip side of that, is for as many nurses as you will see advocating for the vax with stories like that, there are just as many going the opposite way. Plenty of examples of issues with pregnancy associated with the vaccine. Mothers who will never be able to hold their children, allegedly because of the vaccine. There are medical professionals making presentations that contradict the "mainstream" medical opinions. They're instantly discounted and assumed to be wrong - the question is why? How can we be so sure, so quickly, that they are wrong?
Yes...There are medical professionals who speak against the shot and masks but they don't even come close in numbers. The American Medical Association (AMA) released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with no significant difference in vaccination rates across regions. Of the physicians who are not yet vaccinated, an additional 45 percent do plan to get vaccinated.. Link provided below.

Unfortunately you have to be diligent in terms of where you get your information and verifying it. I can't count the number of times I have received a covid document from someone and initially believed it because it had "some truth" in it. The number of medical professionals against the shot and masks is miniscule compared to those who are for it. I'm not sure where you got the information that they are close to equal in numbers for nurses. When it comes to these kinds of decisions I will lean on the 96% for information along with the "fact" that the overwhelming majority of those in the hospital are unvaxed. I've read that 95% of those in the hospital are unvaccinated and the lowest number I've seen was 80% for one county. Another thing to look into is whether the medical professional against the shot is making money selling unsubstantiated cures.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Unfortunately you have to be diligent in terms of where you get your information and verifying it.

Yes, this one I feel strongly about.

But... but... CNN says "Don't do your own research"

His_Highness

But... but... CNN says "Don't do your own research"

The best advice I've heard so far from a epidemiologist and an ER doctor was: Get your information from your primary care doctor and if your doing your own research go to established, respected, medical organization sites AND stop getting your information from places like Facebook, CNN and Fox.

Admittedly I sometimes catch a discussion on CNN or Fox that intrigues me so I search for additional information from reputable sites like the AMA.

florduh

Trust me I get it... I know a couple of them and they ARE out there. There's one guy in particular who I met through work - not at my company, but another company that we have a working relationship with.

We were friendly and have each others cell numbers, friends on facebook, etc. Covid hit, the guy went off the deep end. He actually uprooted his entire life on Long Island, NY, and him and his wife moved to a remote part of Montana. He's really gone off the deep end, publicly posts on facebook about how he feels. Literally thinks the Jews are behind the entire thing, thinks literally everything surrounding covid is a genuine hoax and lie. Thinks the clouds we see in NY are chemtrails sprayed from airliners, gov. controlling the weather, etc. etc. Just very extreme stuff.

I just think if hes posting that stuff on facebook, I cant imagine what he keeps to himself / off the internet.

So that's a bit extreme. But... I believe COVID has broken a lot of people's minds. And I'm not talking about how the virus directly attacks the brain. This whole thing has broken MY brain.

I realized this month how absolutely wild my entire adult life has been. It started with 9/11 and all the associated insane wars. Then like 5 banks in NYC did a 9/11 to the global economy (right after I got my first "adult" job). Now we have COVID and the response. Hundreds of thousands dead. Millions maimed. Millions more are in a financial hole they'll never recover from. Like a decade after our last depression.

Luckily, I found cannabis. So I'm able to laugh at the absurdity of it all. If I didn't, I'd absolutely be living in a Montana cabin, armed to the teeth.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yes...There are medical professionals who speak against the shot and masks but they don't even come close in numbers. The American Medical Association (AMA) released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with no significant difference in vaccination rates across regions. Of the physicians who are not yet vaccinated, an additional 45 percent do plan to get vaccinated.. Link provided below.

Unfortunately you have to be diligent in terms of where you get your information and verifying it. I can't count the number of times I have received a covid document from someone and initially believed it because it had "some truth" in it. The number of medical professionals against the shot and masks is miniscule compared to those who are for it. I'm not sure where you got the information that they are close to equal in numbers for nurses. When it comes to these kinds of decisions I will lean on the 96% for information along with the "fact" that the overwhelming majority of those in the hospital are unvaxed. I've read that 95% of those in the hospital are unvaccinated and the lowest number I've seen was 80% for one county. Another thing to look into is whether the medical professional against the shot is making money selling unsubstantiated cures.

In response to the bolded, yes I should have worded that better as I wasn't basing my statements off of reports/surveys/studies - just personal observation. Mostly casual observation, as I'm not making any effort to convince the world I am right and they are wrong. Realistically I am sure that the numbers aren't close, as shown by your link...just a poor choice of words on my part.

For example, not that it's anything more than an anecdotal experience, but my sister is a nurse and was working for one of the larger hospitals in NJ at the time when covid was peaking, the first time around... when we had the hospital ships up here, temporary hospitals and morgues set up everywhere, etc etc. She's since switched to a smaller doc. office here in NY, been getting some info from her & co workers and their observations etc etc. I have a handful of close friends that are in the healthcare industry and take their experiences into account, and lastly I have had conversations with my own doc. as well - regarding my own vaccination status and the overall topic. Personally, I take these things more seriously than anything I see on the news or read on the internet.

I do believe that the majority ( > 50%) of physicians and nurses are in support of the shots and such. I dont necessarily believe it is 96%, I think it is less than that in reality.

I agree with you absolutely on considering those who are advocating other treatments, of course if they are making money from selling other treatments, that is something to be aware of and has an impact on their opinion. It goes both ways for me... I do not look at this with a one sided view. Hence why I've tried to make it clear that my opinion on the "other" treatments is about the same, I dont trust it or those pushing it.

It's all about the money, always will be...

So that's a bit extreme. But... I believe COVID has broken a lot of people's minds. And I'm not talking about how the virus directly attacks the brain. This whole thing has broken MY brain.

I realized this month how absolutely wild my entire adult life has been. It started with 9/11 and all the associated insane wars. Then like 5 banks in NYC did a 9/11 to the global economy (right after I got my first "adult" job). Now we have COVID and the response. Hundreds of thousands dead. Millions maimed. Millions more are in a financial hole they'll never recover from. Like a decade after our last depression.

Luckily, I found cannabis. So I'm able to laugh at the absurdity of it all. If I didn't, I'd absolutely be living in a Montana cabin, armed to the teeth.

Very extreme lol. I'm actually shocked facebook hasn't censored him/blocked his account.

I agree though, the whole thing has definitely broken people and some have snapped entirely, as we see every day in the news, which doesn't even TOUCH what we DON'T see in the news - the guy I'm talking about is a perfect example. How many other people in the country have had similar reactions? Even going the complete opposite way, people may have gone complete covid crazy and moved out to the middle of nowhere just so they dont have to interact with another human being unless its 1000% on their own terms.

Mental health right now, is at a really low point, generally speaking. My brain feels broken too. We should all be thankful for Cannabis right now - one of the few things helping me get through all of this shit.

Even pre-covid, moving out to a cabin in Montana has always called to me.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Even pre-covid, moving out to a cabin in Montana has always called to me.

Do it...

I did, well not Montana, but I fucking love living in isolation in stunningly beautiful landscapes being able to make as much noise as I want 24/7 enjoying the constantly evolving weather, the wildlife, the birds, the farm animals... far better than human company for the most part ;) hehe

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Do it...

I did, well not Montana, but I fucking love living in isolation in stunningly beautiful landscapes being able to make as much noise as I want 24/7 enjoying the constantly evolving weather, the wildlife, the birds, the farm animals... far better than human company for the most part ;) hehe

We did it and it was the best thing we did for our kids.
👍🏿

Absolutely plan to eventually. Thats definitely the goal... find somewhere with peace and quiet, where I am left the fuck alone.

I want to be able to sit on my porch and hear nothing besides nature, maybe some farm animals & equipment... I dont want to be able to open my door and see my neighbor. That's for sure.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
This made me think of Ted Kaczynski, absolutely no room for his utterly atrocious acts of terror, but I found myself nodding in agreement multiple times when I read his manifesto, it's worth a read imo - just make sure you don't end up like him... that's all!

and the TV series is very good:

Are we off topic? I am not so sure... Fake news can go fuck itself! It's a load of shit and does no one any good, probably a symptom of the broken society Kaczynski is complaining about?

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
This made me think of Ted Kaczynski, absolutely no room for his utterly atrocious acts of terror, but I found myself nodding in agreement multiple times when I read his manifesto, it's worth a read imo - just make sure you don't end up like him... that's all!

and the TV series is very good:

Are we off topic? I am not so sure... Fake news can go fuck itself! It's a load of shit and does no one any good, probably a symptom of the broken society Kaczynski is complaining about?

I saw the TV series but that's about it - I thought the series was well done!

I guess if we're to have this conversation anywhere in FC the fake news thread is probably the safest place for it lol

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Seriously, if you haven't read it. do so.

It won't turn you into a terrorist, but it is a very interesting perspective on the world and I guess you will get a lot from it given the things you have said here.

Is it the answer, of course not - it is yet another form of extremism!

But it is still a valid view of the world that seems perhaps more relevant today, with all this fake news, than at the time he wrote it.

I think a lot of people get hurt by the things he says and struggle to finish it, it is a difficult text to swallow, some sections (possibly even the whole thing?) will probably make you squirm, but dotted throughout is this recurring and unsettling idea that he is, at least in part, right!

edit: I should probably qualify this in saying that the part where I think he is right is that the industrial society, and by extension the information age and now the disinformation age, have had a devastating effect on the health and well being of humankind as a whole. This is why I think this is relevant to this discussion, that and the notion that at least a few of us here have a desire to return to this simpler way of living in some way. Maybe others disagree, that's okay.

Last edited:

scy123

That guy was kinda nuts, but he was also a part of the MK ultra experiments, so no idea how much that fucked his mind up.

His_Highness

kel

FuckMisogynists!
No doubt severely messed up in many ways, but apparently he was also quite well adjusted and well liked too - no one suspected him!

I think of him as a sort of ultimate messed up product of modern society, he went that extra mile that most of us don't, even those who have equally disdainful views, it's the same with all of the people who commit similar atrocities, they are all interesting in how they came to end up that way.

There is no way the atrocities can be excused.

They all represent a failure of society.

I feel the same way about the atrocities committed by governments, news agencies and corporations, except they tend to operate in orders of magnitude of greater terror, violence and bloodshed than minnows like Kaczynski.

I wonder what an equally honest manifesto of a pharmaceutical company would read like?

Last edited:

scy123

This is just going too far :lmao: Does Covid-19 cause erectile dysfunction?

I once read a joke somewhere that the best way to get a guy to avoid getting covid was telling them it leads to limp dick LMAO

His_Highness

I once read a joke somewhere that the best way to get a guy to avoid getting covid was telling them it leads to limp dick LMAO
I'm steering clear of the anecdotal evidence on this one. I will say this though....all of a sudden my interest in the booster is growing.....no pun intended.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I feel this is possibly a good point to say that I have almost certainly had covid! From right at the very beginning of lockdown, caught out at a pub on the evening before, in total ignorance and in close contact with others. The illness itself barely noticeable, I just felt a bit rough like I had a very mild flu, but that was followed by 6 months of long-covid.

It was fucking horrendous. I apparently had it again quite mildly, but it messed up my running, I had difficulty breathing, pains all down one side, this relentless lethargy, never mind limp dick, I had a fucking entire limp body, headaches - all of which have now passed. Thank fuck. I still have tinnitus and until recently I was wondering if my fitness levels would ever return to normal, but I think I am there, and maybe beyond.

If there is one thing that is absolutely not fake news, it is any reports you read about long-covid being nasty!

His_Highness

@kel - Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're doing well though.

Did you experience any loss of taste?

His_Highness,

gangababa

Elsewhere in my life, boston bean, a very knowledge-able character says,

To vax, or not to vax. That is the question—Whether ’tis nobler in the body to suffer The syringe and concoction of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of a troubles, And, by opposing, end themselves?

Top Bottom