Fake News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
547f9ff7b6d75c6ef38bee980c85717300fc84b11843d107823ba70f8431eac0.jpg

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Hey, hey hey, the military industrial complex has to eat too, you know.

iu

florduh

This clinches it for me. I felt nothing after either of my shots. And I supposedly got that loud (Pfizer). Not mids (Moderna) or schwag (J&J).

Just tried to stick my head to the fridge. Nothin. I suspected I got a bum vax. Now I know for sure.

Also, Midwest people are so polite. Not a single person laughed in that video. I would have been howling.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

That's scary and hysterical all at the same time.

My wife has a close family friend who says her and her family have god on their side so no worries and that getting vaccinated would be like denying god. My favorite was the heads up that Luc Montagnier, a Nobel scientist, said everyone who got the vaccine would be dead in two years.
My wife has told me I can't respond to any of these "facts" anymore and I don't disagree.....I can be an asshole and regardless of how hard her friend is trying to win the Darwin award "they are nice people" and I'm wasting my time so I shouldn't upset them. They really are nice people though.....

Tranquility

GOP Texas state Sen. Bob Hall appeared on the program of a white nationalist, pro-Hitler outlet that denies the Holocaust

Read it and see how the focus is on the narrative and not what happened. There was more "news" on the interviewer than there was on the purported reason for the headline and article. Then, note, at the non-cached Media Matters:
Earlier today, Media Matters published a story stating that Texas state Sen. Bob Hall had “appeared on the program of a white nationalist, pro-Hitler outlet that denies the Holocaust.” After publication, we were made aware that the program in question — The Barnes Review History Hour (TBR History Hour) — had faked the interview, falsely claiming they had interviewed Hall by splicing in previous interviews Hall had given to other outlets and making it seem like he was responding to questions from TBR. We have pulled the story and apologize for the error.

To those who cheer the complete retraction, many would think that at least an attempt to contact the person you're about to smear is a good journalistic practice. A phone call to Sen. Hall's office could have cleared up the premise for the article in a moment.

florduh

I find it very odd that every news network across the political spectrum is suddenly so concerned about the suffering of Afghans. Because they certainly didn't give a shit before a week or two ago.

Three major networks devoted a full five minutes to Afghanistan in 2020

It should be no surprise then, that Americans are shocked at the images of violence and the grim political situation on the ground today.

If the U.S. government was caught up short by the dramatic denouement of its 20-year war in Afghanistan, viewers of the three major networks must have been taken entirely by surprise.

Out of a combined 14,000-plus minutes of the national evening news broadcast on CBS, ABC, and NBC last year, a grand total of five minutes were devoted to Afghanistan, according to Andrew Tyndall, editor of the authoritative Tyndall Report, which has monitored and coded the networks’ nightly news each weekday since 1988.

Those five minutes, which covered the February 2020 Doha agreement between the United States and the Taliban, marked a 19-year low for Afghanistan coverage on the three networks’ newscasts. They compared to a high of 940 minutes the networks devoted to Afghanistan in 2001, all of it following 9/11 and the subsequent U.S. intervention, as shown below.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-20-at-7.26.39-AM-1536x950.png

florduh

The entire media's presentation of the Military Industrial Complex's deranged opinions as fact over the past few weeks has been galling to watch.

CABLE NEWS MILITARY EXPERTS ARE ON THE DEFENSE INDUSTRY DOLE

Many former military and public officials appearing in the news have more than a patriotic interest in a continued occupation.​

JACK KEANE HAS had a busy week.

The retired four-star general has been making the cable news rounds, offering scathing criticism of the White House in wake of the Taliban takeover in Afghanistan. On Wednesday, he appeared on Fox News, where he told host Harris Faulkner that the administration “made a terrible mistake in pulling our troops out and giving the Taliban the opportunity to take the country over.”

What neither Keane nor the host in either of these segments mentioned is that he has more than merely a patriotic interest in the continued occupation. Keane, a former board member at weapons maker General Dynamics, is chair of AM General, the company that makes Humvees. He also sits on the boards of Cyalume Technologies Inc., which manufactures military chemical lights and other technology deployed on the battlefield in Afghanistan, and the Institute for the Study of War, a think tank that publishes defense policy proposals with the aim of “developing the next generation of national security leaders” and is backed by CACI International Inc., General Dynamics, and other defense contractors.

Jim Naureckas, an editor at Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting, or FAIR, a progressive media watchdog, said such conflicts of interest put a premium on potential atrocities over existing ones. “The imaginary future bloodshed of the Taliban has so much more emotional weight in the coverage than the actual people who have been killed by the U.S. in the last 20 years,” he said. “There’s a symbiotic relationship between media outlets who need sources, the weapons industry that needs favorable news coverage, and the former military officials who need jobs, and it all works out together.”

florduh

So I think all of cable news is biased, partisan, and fairly "fake"... but this is a new low.

Joe Saboe is working with other veterans to get Americans and allies out of Afghanistan. He's a subject matter expert in this area. That's why Newsmax had him on. He has an informed opinion in this area. The Newsmax guy screams at him for not totally towing the partisan line their channel is pushing. There were about a dozen other ways the host could've handled this that wouldn't totally torpedo his channel's reputation.

Top Bottom