EVOLV Cricket

The Evolv Cricket Stand at Buckeye Bud Creations turned out incredible! I have one for each of my Crickets and it holds them securely and steadily. This is exactly what I have been searching for and is a huge step up from my custom made lego holder. :-) For $12 a pop these stands are an excellent value and I highly recommend! I have included below a sample photo from Buckeye's website as I wasn't able to directly upload my own photo since I don't know how to set it for URL upload. Anyhow, let me know if you have any questions! FYI, I went with the walnut color option and it's a little darker than the option shown below. I think walnut is the best match offered to the Cricket's design.

il_1140xN.4828020100_k2zo_1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:

TonyGazelle

@Big Bud Billy thanks for sharing I'm definitely going to get a custom stand made for my cricket

The more I'm using my cricket the more I'm noticing that my main maintenance outside of the normal stuff from using it is not the chimney but underneath the bucket.

Is this similar to others experience?

I grabbed a new bucket from evolv to compare for myself and to have some spare parts kicking around.

someTooL

The only time I have oil outside of the bucket is if I tilt too much or have too much splatter from high heat/hard pull.

Mine has recently got the bug of cap detection. Also had a couple times that plugging it in did not start the charging. After a lock/unlock it seems to clear up.

buckhakeesah

Have you done a clean on it, and pulled the tub? I'm very curious to know if you have alot of oil under there just sitting waing to be cleaned up? One thing I despise about this one is the clean up involved. It's more involved than I am willing to deal with compared to my other options. Its more for micro dabbing.

buckhakeesah,

someTooL

Going to order a new tub before pulling the OG. Unless it’s leaking I’m not seeing a need to pull just yet. Maybe I’ll be surprised when I do lol.

Time will come I’m sure to check under the hood. Had a few messy sessions but nothing a quick qtip didn’t take care of while using the premelt.

I probably don’t push mine as much as others and use more in the lower temps with quick 2-3 second rips.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
A somebody who has used RDA's for concentrates for over a decade, I can't for the life of me figure out why the Cricket doesn't have some sort of adjustable airflow.
It does, Put your thumb and your index finger over two or three of the holes in the mouth piece Or some surgical tape over two to three holes. This will add a little less air flow.

staircase slight of hand

Not sure who’s requesting any reinvention? Adjustable airflow is problem that’s been solved before (in ways that aren’t post hoc kludges), so I think the question is more like “why not use the wheels that are currently available to us?”.

Maybe “plug a whole with your finger” is the best option; you’re welcome to make your case that it is, but it seems kind of presumptuous to want to shut down other approaches.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Not sure who’s requesting any reinvention? Adjustable airflow is problem that’s been solved before (in ways that aren’t post hoc kludges), so I think the question is more like “why not use the wheels that are currently available to us?”.

Maybe “plug a whole with your finger” is the best option; you’re welcome to make your case that it is, but it seems kind of presumptuous to want to shut down other approaches.
I’m not shutting down other approaches, no other approaches were offered with the Cricket so it’s this or nothing. But this has the advantage of adding no additional moving parts that can break over time.

Monk Debate,
Reactions: Vaporooni

staircase slight of hand

no other approaches were offered with the Cricket so it’s this or nothing.

I guess when I read “As somebody who has used RDA's for concentrates for over a decade, I can't for the life of me figure out why the Cricket doesn't have some sort of adjustable airflow”, it seemed to be pretty clearly advocating for the use (or at least consideration) of RDA-style adjustable airflow, so that’s one approach that was offered from the start.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I guess when I read “As somebody who has used RDA's for concentrates for over a decade, I can't for the life of me figure out why the Cricket doesn't have some sort of adjustable airflow”, it seemed to be pretty clearly advocating for the use (or at least consideration) of RDA-style adjustable airflow, so that’s one approach that was offered from the start.
But this has the advantage of adding no additional moving parts that can break over time.

Monk Debate,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Had my first Cricket session tonight. Before I did anything I went into escribe and applied the latest firmware update. Then on the device itself I calibrated the heater, then set the heat up time for five seconds.

I happened to be cleaning out some stuff from my cannabis stash and came across two old strains of shatter. I am currently waiting for some new material to come in and decided to give these a try. The first was super dry and flakey, and had absolutely no flavor whatsoever. It didn’t have much effect. I did two sessions with that strain and nada. The second strain was tastier and still had medicinal impact.

The Cricket seems easy to use, although once or twice I did get the cap off error where it thought the cap was still on. I drew very lightly and slowly and didn’t get a ton of vapor but I don’t care about cloud chasing on concentrates.

The taste on the second strain was decent, it was still old so not the tastiest. The vapor itself was cooler than any dry concentrate hit I’ve ever taken but I find a harshness when using concentrates in general and I didn’t find the Cricket to be an exception.

The build on it feels amazing and I love the built in dab tool. This will easily be my go to for concentrates from now on.

I don’t think jimmy rigging an ad hoc solution is something that should be expected behavior on a $400 device. Maybe I’m in the minority.
Putting your finger over an air hole is pretty much the easiest and simplest form of air control there is. It’s an incredibly elegant solution. It costs nothing, adds no moving parts, and gives you near total control over the thickness of your vapor.

Good lord, this thing gives a lot from a little! The total quantity from all of my sessions altogether probably equaled or was lower than the amount I would be in a DT v4, and I am soaring. I had to do a few bowls of CBD to come back down a bit.

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
I hadn’t noticed any reclaim in the chimney but went to take it out and that sucker was stuck in there. I broke it getting it out. Lesson learned on that one.

CharmCityVapeGuy,
Reactions: Shrike

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
The Cricket has been a joy to use. I already have my routine down, small dab scraped into the chamber, cap off at 190 which I use just long enough to collect the dab in the center of the trough, then cap on at 500 with a five second warm up, slow light draw, and use the scoop tool to push an alcohol wipe into the bucket and a quick burn off. It takes longer to type it out than it does to actually go through that whole routine. And the efficiency on this is remarkable. I've never had a device I could use such little material and get such big effect.

With the slow and light draw I've had no issues of material going up the chimney, and just the tiniest amount of splash back on the bottom silicone of the lid. I've been trying some Delta-8 and low THCa concentrates and they do such a good job of getting me medicated with a mild high that lets me stay functional. But when I want to get absolutely blitzed, even the tiniest amount of higher THC concentrate will send me to the moon.

Using the latest firmware the cap off sensor has been mostly solid. Not perfect, but nowhere near as buggy as the impressions I saw on earlier firmware versions.

Since I have received my Crickets my two Proxies, two Core 2.0's, five Huni Badgers and two e-nail rigs have all been put on the back burner. I. LOVE. CRICKETS. Just one hit. That first hit. That glorious lovely divine first tasty hit from the Cricket is what I crave. LONG LIVE CRICKETS!

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
rigs have all been put on the back burner. I. LOVE. CRICKETS.

RIght on
I will say I still love my V5.
However, the Cricket has been my main daily driver for most of the 3 months that I've had it.
I do occaisonal home hits on the V5. For visiting friends, or, going out into nature, I pack the Cricket.

I need to add though, that my sensitivity to extracts has gone up tremendously this year, so the Cricket is super handy for small occasional hits.
I say this because, of course, with the V5 and a good mod one can get many more uses out of 1 battery charge.
These days I don't use extracts every 30 miinutes, nor can I handle huge lung busters.
So the Cricket is perfect for me and where I'm "at" with my extract intake.
Also, the Cricket makes a tiny dab create lots of vapor.

Not to menion the incredible job Evolv has done with making an extremely short vapor path that is so cool and tasty.
Yep they've done a fantastic job with this.
I've used Evolv DNA mods for nicotine delivery and concentrate atomizers for many years. Good to see that they've branched so impressively into the concentrate market !

By the way, you can still get "blemished" units (which, so far, have not come blemished hardly at all) for $250.

:) :p :D

Top Bottom