EVOLV Cricket

INDIVA

I mean I agree it doesn't need water but I don't think it would hurt any and being able to use it with my home glass would be that much better and could use it even more often!!! But ya the dabcap+ hydratube could def work but I want one for my 14mm to use my glass I already have and to use the cricket upright actually too def someone should make a adapter for it that's for sure

INDIVA,

INDIVA

Ya that's a thought just would be nice to get a drop down that is reversed would be wonderful is wat I'm thinking anyways so I can use my regular home rigs for it if I would like to from time to time would be awesome hmmm I'll have to ask a glass blower to make me one ....

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I tried looking a bit but can’t find or recall who recommended iso and microwave. My chimney was fairly full of reclaim after a few weeks of usage (enough to reduce the airflow), popped it in a tumbler with iso just submerging it, 60 seconds at 30% power and it’s clean as new! Obviously YMMV in terms of time/power setting as every microwave is different, but the concept works great!

CONFIRMED! BuckeyeBudCreations on Etsy will be making a STAND for our beloved Evolv Cricket! My only affiliation with them is that I have purchased Pax Era and Select Cliq stands from them previously. I will order once released and share photos here along with a quick review. I am so pleased with their past stands I am extremely excited to get one for my Crickets! Chirp chirp!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
What accessories are missing from the blemished units? Does it come with the dab tool and storage?

Monk Debate,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Yes, everything is on board and if you use the NINJAPUCKS or any of the other codes in the thread you can grab extras. Just comes as the unit itself, no manual or cord.

ETA: and no cleaning tool, but the flossers seem good if you want a physical tool, i used iso and a short microwave for chimney cleaning.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
After reading through impressions here and watching videos on YouTube, I decided this fit my concentrate use case better than an e-rig or Rio so I ordered a blemished unit with the free batch of pucks. I’ve got some THCa rosin coming so I’m excited to try this out!

I like that this has minimal accessories, demands small dabs, is highly efficient, tasty, and powerful. I’m mainly a flower enthusiast. For me the benefit of a dab is in being able to get a quick hit with minimal smell. It seems like the Cricket really excels at small, quick hits with strong impact, while still somehow cooling the vapor so it’s smooth. Sounds nearly ideal for my use.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
Does anyone know if we can purchase the glass chimney, just the glass, not the assembly with the silicone?

Easywider,

Easywider

Simple is the way
Not sure, been meaning to write them, as they can break easy, I’m down to the included backup. A (5) pack at a reasonable price would be good.

Perhaps if enough owners write them, it might be helpful.

yeah, I would buy a 5 pack in a heartbeat. I noticed I have some chipping on the bottom corner of one side.
Went to purchase a replacement, Only saw the replacement housing for $20 and since I'm ordering from Canada it's $30 for shipping. So al in all over $50usd ($67cad) with taxes to replace that little piece of glass.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
As long as we're talking about the glass mouthpiece and its silicone (?) holder, take a good look at the holder.

It's got the airholes that feed air from the outside (the holes in the metal mouthpiece) into the chamber. If you look closely you can see that the center of the five holes in the silicone (?) holder has a much smaller diameter than the other four holes. Evolv has already tuned the air path so a little less goes to the center of the chamber as opposed to the ends.

So why do I mention this? Many of us (me included) have blocked off the center three holes to increase the draw. I'm assuming that most blocked the holes in the metal cap much the way I did (I used a piece of tape, now on the inside of the cap rather than the outside, and someone else here broke off a toothpick or something in the three center cap holes on each side). Wouldn't it be nice if Evolv made another silicone (?) mouthpiece holder with much smaller holes so everyone could choose their draw strength? It would be much cheaper than retooling the metal cap...

So if you happen to write them about selling the glass pieces by themselves, and you also want a tighter draw, you might mention this too. :D

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
As long as we're talking about the glass mouthpiece and its silicone (?) holder, take a good look at the holder.

It's got the airholes that feed air from the outside (the holes in the metal mouthpiece) into the chamber. If you look closely you can see that the center of the five holes has a much smaller diameter than the other four holes. Evolv has already tuned the air path so a little less goes to the center of the chamber as opposed to the ends.

So why do I mention this? Many of us (me included) have blocked off the center three holes to increase the draw. I'm assuming that most blocked the holes in the metal cap much the way I did (I used a piece of tape, now on the inside of the cap rather than the outside, and someone else here broke off a toothpick or something in the three center cap holes on each side). Wouldn't it be nice if Evolv made another silicone (?) mouthpiece holder with much smaller holes so everyone could choose their draw strength? It would be much cheaper than retooling the metal cap...

So if you happen to write them about selling the glass pieces by themselves, and you also want a tighter draw, you might mention this too. :D

Yeah, I noticed this yesterday when I was cleaning my chimney, would be such an easy update to sell a "reduced" airflow version of that silicone
mold. Plus increase sales at the same time.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I had a small issue with my order after I placed it last night, so I sent an email to Evolv at 10:30 PM PST. At 5:45 AM PST Ken replied quickly saying he would look into it, and a few hours later he had the solution for me. Exceptional customer service and makes me feel even better about the purchase, which also has already shipped!

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Yeah, I noticed this yesterday when I was cleaning my chimney, would be such an easy update to sell a "reduced" airflow version of that silicone
mold. Plus increase sales at the same time.
Wouldn't it be nice if Evolv made another silicone (?) mouthpiece holder

Well
I got this tip from someone
To use a "Vape Band" on your cricket cap, that will cover the holes just perfectly.
If you wanted 1 hole open on each side you could pop a hole in the band, I guess.
Then you can slide it down to help keep the cap on when not using it.
Works, I've tried it.
However for my use having the air holes open is key.
:p

DJ Colonel Corn,
Reactions: Easywider

Clapped_r6

Regarding the air holes,
My quick n dirty method is just to barely hold (think pinching) my thumb n forefinger with my 2nd hand, blocking the inner intake holes. And, at the end of the hit, moving them back and forth a bit introduces some turbulent airflow that also helps imho.
Cheap, durable, reversible

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
oh and
in case anyone missed this

evolve cricket sale.png

Best scoop up two

DJ Colonel Corn,
Reactions: Haywood

Clapped_r6

I'm a little salty that I picked up a blem unit now. It works great, although judging by battery life it's already been used a bit.
Oh well, the beta testers lament

Fwiw I'm referencing the 420 deal

Last edited:
Clapped_r6,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
judging by battery life it's already been used a bit.

How many puffs approximately do you get from a charged battery ?
Try to keep count, or judge, how many times you heat uo concentrates.
The battery life on the Cricket is not nearly similar to mods that take 18650 batteries.
It houses a battery that is flat and small. It does charge up quickly, but, I find I cannot use super heavily without needing to recharge it.
The battery I believe is 850mAh, which, yoru typcial 18650 battery has somewhere aorund 2800mAh.

Top Bottom