• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Everybody got what they wanted. Now what?

EverythingsHazy

I would like more log please.
🐕
That's what she said.

Cured out bud is like 2 to5 % moisture content ...
Do you fully dry out your bud? To go down that low (5% is far lower than RH in most places), you'd have to use some form of heating or dehumidifying.

Most people that I know of, store their bud in mason jars, much closer to 40-65% humidity, particularly if they are using the Boveda 2-way humidity regulation packets.

For vaping, I don't know that it makes too much of a difference. It may, but I haven't done that research, yet. I do know that smokers tend to like their bud to have osme moisture, though, hence the Boveda packets. When you vape, I'd think that you'd probably evaporate most of the water content in the load, within the first hit or two, either way.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I too prefer 58% and feel that it produces slightly stronger, more efficient/easier extraction and flavor than the ubiquitous 62... in fact, I preferred it slightly drier (than most) when I burned, too, for the same reasons... if I had to choose, too moist or too dry? I'd go with dry... man, I hate it when weed's too moist!

Edit: water weighs more than 8 lbs/gal too, don't forget... :tup:

Edit 2: wrong thread/nice derail...! :dog: :razz:😜

Last edited:

C No Ego

That's what she said.

Do you fully dry out your bud? To go down that low (5% is far lower than RH in most places), you'd have to use some form of heating or dehumidifying.

Most people that I know of, store their bud in mason jars, much closer to 40-65% humidity, particularly if they are using the Boveda 2-way humidity regulation packets.

For vaping, I don't know that it makes too much of a difference. It may, but I haven't done that research, yet. I do know that smokers tend to like their bud to have osme moisture, though, hence the Boveda packets. When you vape, I'd think that you'd probably evaporate most of the water content in the load, within the first hit or two, either way.
the cure requires the level of moisture to reach around 5% ... outer surface dries first then works/reaches into the center . when the center reaches around 5% moisture content that moisture then expands back out to the entirety of the bud structure , hence a full cure . people then RH condition it with boveda packs or whatever but the best cure is to get it at that 5% moisture level . that is a longer slower cure taking one to 3 months to reach that level in some cases... can be quickened at around three weeks but not as much ferment going on in that case ...
did we switch threads , I am confused how my post ended up in this one ... ():

Woody

if the cannabis is cured out correctly ther is no steam in vpaor ... it is Gaseous state ( Aerosol ) . Cured out bud is like 2 to5 % moisture content ...
An aerosol is a suspension of fine solid particles or liquid droplets in air or another gas. It is a colloidal mixture of multiple phases of matter.

Smoke is an aerosol but not all aerosols are smoke.

Whipped cream is also a colloid. It consists of a gas in a liquid, so it is a foam.

Contrast this to a glass of ice water where the different states of matter are discrete.

I learned this stuff in grade school

side note - earth, wind, water and fire are NOT elements.

Last edited:

cptofnthng

i cant Imagine 5 % rlf weed can taste good. also how would you achieve that? surrounding rlf is about 40-55 here. Open the jar once and the Air will reintroduce water to the buds?

cptofnthng,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

C No Ego

An aerosol is a suspension of fine solid particles or liquid droplets in air or another gas. It is a colloidal mixture of multiple phases of matter.

Smoke is an aerosol but not all aerosols are smoke.

Whipped cream is also a colloid. It consists of a gas in a liquid, so it is a foam.

Contrast this to a glass of ice water where the different states of matter are discrete.

I learned this stuff in grade school

side note - earth, wind, water and fire are NOT elements.
volatile terpenes that phase change into mist /aerosol ... how about that ?
@cptofnthng and I got the cure part wrong ... drying is low moisture content and then the cure brings back more moisture , and of course some people add RH regulators ( boveda packs) to modify how much ambient moisture is in the enclosed space .... opening the container changes that amout each time ... sorry for confusion , sometime I just say things

emily

I think the lack of changes in the Mighty is probably more about a market that isn’t really expanding. Vaporizing flower is a kind of niche thing. I could imagine seeing more innovation in the vape pen market because it seems like it’s a more overall useful and broadly appealing thing to do.

But for my tastes, my favourite vaporizer is the reasonably recently developed Vapbong. So from my perspective it’s a market that’s evolving in an interesting direction.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am working on a Quantum Vape™, it will connect to any Quantum Herb Supply™ in the known universe, atomise the active substances using perfectly tuned microwave technology (patent pending) and instantly transmit the optimal cloud density to your chosen mouthpiece, be it your favourite nipple or shaft, for perfect flavour, temperature, bite and Vapour Texture™.

Go On Flirting GIF by Nick Jonas

edit: I forgot to mention this will be automatically charged to your debit/credit card via PayPerPuff™ - believe it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom