• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Eterra

stickstones

Vapor concierge
that's an interesting portable there, henny

more vape models coming out all the time!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
should i be buying this over the VHW?
It's not in the same catagory. You should be asking if you should buy it and sell your PD, since that's the competition. The answer would be an emphatic NO.

These vapes aren't new. This site has been sitting out there, pretty much unchanged, for years. The Eterra was the original inspiration for the Aromazap, and now the much more refined Purple-Days. The Moxie, for the same price as the PD, will provide inferior performance and unsafe materials. :/

max,

Ven

Praying Mantis
mrshock486 said:
that battery pack is MASSIVE :o
new-moxie-wbatt.jpg

Is that a joke? It's freaking HUGE.

Ven,

max

Out to lunch
Ven said:
mrshock486 said:
Huge compared to .....? That pack contains 10 AA size batteries, probably NiMH. The Vapir Mini and Vapolution both use the same configuration, although shaped differently. If there was a better design (with a decent price) to run a 12V unit, I think we'd have seen it by now.

max,

Frickr

i could see where this would have its benifits over the pd, but then again those could also be looked as drawbacks. it says it only takes 80 seconds to heat up, and gets hotter then needed so you can burn plant material. you control the temp by adjusting how long the tubes are left in the heater while drawing through it then pull it out and keep drawing for a few more seconds. for smoking tob i think this would be fine, but for the magical herb i think this could have problems with getting the correct temp without burning. im sure with practice it would come.

the tubes are also glass with a black plastic end on them. i wonder if they would work with a pd? and all they mention for what its made out of is a ceramic like material. so who knows what kind of workmanship is inside the unit.

Frickr,

Ven

Praying Mantis
max said:
Ven said:
mrshock486 said:
Huge compared to .....? That pack contains 10 AA size batteries, probably NiMH. The Vapir Mini and Vapolution both use the same configuration, although shaped differently. If there was a better design (with a decent price) to run a 12V unit, I think we'd have seen it by now.
Can you honestly say you can see yourself or anyone using this thing 'portably'? Sure, portable doesn't mean it has to look good, be light, or stealthy amongst other people, but come on. That thing is way over the top in means of size. I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but I'd rather dish out the $120 extra for an i-inhale, or take the easy route and buy a VG.

Just my :2c:.

Ven,

Beezleb

Yea, those "portable" vapes that have a huge battery are really only a sub category of portable that has a place for people who need portability but are in a position or place where stealth is a non issue perhaps such as in camping or short trips. I also probably would personally select another vape for this purpose in the portability class but I haven't really looked at this vape in detail enough to make an informed opinion.

More information needed on this vape but thus far I am not impressed but if had some real reviews on it that would something. Specifically on how well it operates compared to similar models. Right now about if not all "battery" portable vaporizers have large batteries but in times these will diminish in size, we just are not at that technology yet for vaporizers.

I really dislike the caption "The Moxie? is for advanced users because of it's unique personality. We suggest you get the Moxie? for $150 and if you like it next order the battery pack."

Some basic info:
Introducing a tiny new
Vaporizer
The Eterra Moxie?...

Eterra Moxie?
portable - weighs about 2 ounces.
Available with or without a battery pack.
80 second pre-heat up time ceramic heater
optional 12v NIMH rechargeable battery pack (about 10 ounces) or any 12v source.
Heater $150/ battery pack and charger, $70.00 (see below for sales tax)
PLEASE ADD $5 FOR SHIPPING

The Moxie? is for advanced users because of it's unique personality. We suggest you get the Moxie? for $150 and if you like it next order the battery pack.

The Moxie? is returnable for a refund (less $5)
but the battery pack is not returnable (but is guaranteed to work)

We recommend you carefully read the operating instructions below be sure you have a clear understanding before ordering.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah I can honestly say I've used a 10 pack of AA cells to power a 12V portable. It's the Vapolution BP and I've used it with the Vapo and the PD. The I-inhale has only been available for what, 4 months? This size battery pack has previously been the only small portable power source available. I think your description of the size as "over the top" is 'over the top'. Anytime I can hold a vape and its power source in one hand and hit it, that's portable IMO. The Vapo BP and PD can easily fit inside a jacket pocket, and the Moxie is even smaller. Have you seen the pic of it in the guy's palm? It's tiny.
http://www.lightwell.net/moxie/photos.html

beezleb said:
More information needed on this vape but thus far I am not impressed but if had some real reviews on it that would something.
As I've stated in post #4, these vapes are ancient as far as what's on the market today. I don't think the Eterra is available at all, and the Moxie may not be either. You'd have to email them to find out. Lightwell.net looks just the same, with the same info, as it did about 3 years ago. The Eterra design is much older than that. I'm pretty sure this company had the 1978 patent that Tom refers to as the inspiration for the PD. Eterra>Aromazap>Purple-Days. Neither the Eterra, Moxie, or the Aromazap has the heat exchanger technology or the RoHS compliant parts that Tom uses in the PD. With the PD and other small, portable vapes that are available today, the Lightwell vapes and the Aromazap would be a very poor buying choice.

max,

Beezleb

It seems to be the size of an average shocker like a tazer or the like.

As a portable, those big battery packs are not option for myself but for those who's situation fits with it its use makes it is a good portable choice. For those with stealth in mind is certainly is not and I think if stealth is in mind than this vaporizer is not for you. That would be one very large pocket and/or a bulging one.

But if stealth is not an issue than its all good. Only thing I would be concerned about is how well it operates and how long the charge holds.

Beezleb,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
i talked with the creator...want i should show y'all?........ok :brow:

Hennessy said:
hi im talking about of course your new portable vapes you have for sale

im from a die hard vapor community called www.fuckcombustion.com we have
the BEST vapor info online and many vaporizer makers have been "built up"
because of that site...some vape makers would stick around and post answers
to peoples questions they had about the new vape at hand...just a heads up
for you...they are despratly looking for a new portable...and yours looks
like one that most can identify with..the purple days vaporizer...if you
didnt already know what that was
eterra creator said:
vapes have been on the back burner for me but tooling up again soon...

its interesting to see how the filed has evolved and how people "borrow" certain terminology... i gather you have studied my web site... clearly so have others...

its been a long and colorful history, the eterra. would be happy to fill you in more on certain details in the future if the phone is an option.
Eterra creator said:
our classic moxie (mahogany) is ceramic coated on the inside... wood and plastic vapes have unfortunate problems. aromazap ripped off our original design and actually copied some flaws... shame on them... one flaw is that the wood chars after a few years or less depending on use. we have been very low key and did not really bother to make much effort stating the drawbacks of the 1st generation (classic eterra) which some have copied more or less. we have subsequently progressed several generations while maintaining our unique reverse convection concept... although i believe we have the fastest and smallest, cleanest unit on the market, its my need to make it even better...
Hennessy said:
> my question to you is whats the diff. between the "original" portable unit
and the lighter, hotter, smaller Moxie ultralite? i kno i listed some differences..but can it really BURN my material if i suck too hard on it? would it burn if it was in my pocket?
eterra creator said:
the UL is cheaper due to lack of the electronics (no shut off or light) we wanted a more affordable unit for our die hards. the UL market was actually driven by a large contingent of mountain bikers with a need for no frills and super efficiency... they have been great motivators! the UL is tuned to reach an equilibrium temp and will not burn a hole in your pocked.. and for that matter all our properly tuned moxies are now more forgiving re the heat signature... but alas, one must pay attention... its does have more of a learning curve than the tulip and et classic. the trade off for economy and efficiency. a sophisticated electronic control circuit we have developed has not employed for 2 reasons, cost and the fact that personal feedback seems adequate to make it work...
Hennessy said:
thanks in advance for answering all my pesky questions...im a vapor
connoisseur for sure...so are a LOT of the people at the site i showed you.
Eterra creator said:
i need to be more inspired to work on this project again... we always have been word of mouth with the exception of some favorable published coverage... attempted a major product update not long ago which was not satisfactory. will revert and concurrently continue parallel progress on a new set of ideas that will possibly increase efficiency by up to 40%.

although my training is biology, a background in thermodynamics and electronics has led to the pursuit of the ultimate vape... i am surprised that no one has yet to figure out the trick of miniaturization... however the moxies are so delicately tuned and ceramic-encased inside that apparently no one has figured out how to reverse engineer them yet... if i did not need to get back to work (for obvious reasons) i would give away the plans in hopes that someone smarter that i would elevate the technology another notch.. but alas, its time to refocus...

thanks for the kind thoughts and yes "fuck combustion" a primitive vestige of technology...
Hennessy said:
they always welcome a vape maker to join the site and contribute more on
their product...not second hand info that some people can give. always good
to get all the info DIRECT from the original maker

~peace
:D

mail

mail
<---"Moxie Ultralite (UL) " ????????? :freak:

Hennessy1414,

Beezleb

Honestly I read excuses and disgruntle feelings by what he wrote. Nothing stated would interest me in the vaporizer.

In fact I might add it may be a better concept to look into if the PD would work well with this power pack. They come off as sort of absurd by essentially saying its not user friendly. When user friendly products on the market this seems like more of a wanting it to work well than actually pulling it off.

Still I reserve my opinion until I see concrete user reviews and the like but I am wholly not impressed at this point.

Beezleb,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just ask to Micheal from lightwell if the material they use to make there vaps were clean to vap with and if it was possible to get some unit to test and review , this is what he answer me :

i would like to respond to this by stating... (and i hope you post this) we use bio-friendly all inorganic ceramics and clearly state it at our site. additionally we carefully avoid or well isolate any parts that are not strictly inorganic.

someone from the forum sent me this earlier :

that was the vape at the bottom of the page?

dosent look like any of your stuff is ROH compliant...tom, who made the purple days vape, said its important if shit is ROH compliant

My response

quality standards are very important in this industry. we have tested and somewhat documented product safety standards. the standards of safe electronics and of inorganic bio-friendly ceramics and no VOS form the foundation of the Eterra concept. Our technology is translatable to medical standards with minimal modifications. its of course expensive to assert IEEE and RoHS Compliance Assurance...

got to work today on a new batch. will have the wood moxies and UL plus a few tulips ready soon.

we have plenty of business from our word of mouth network... we are on the chill here, if we decide to bump it up. will consider an eval-unit. Thanks for your interest

Sincerely, Michael

Moxie Ultralite (UL)

I figure the other member was Hennessy

I dont event see any reason to buy it over a PD and pd seem already awesome lol soo :/

hey hennes I dont see your picture

Clear_Dome,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Eterra creator said:
consider the virtues of thermocouple feedback re the actual temp of the heat port and material itself. our unit is regulated through direct human feedback. although one can overheat the material, one quickly learns how to squeeze out the sweet delicate essence. follow the moxie instructions (found at the site) for maximizing the ability to very effectively express most of the essence.
yo C_D..i woudl want it so i could simulate the PD..anywhere i go that dosent have a plug..or a cars cig lighter :lol:

:shrug:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
As a PD owner, I was a bit concerned to read this:

Eterra creator said:
wood and plastic vapes have unfortunate problems. aromazap ripped off our original design and actually copied some flaws... shame on them... one flaw is that the wood chars after a few years or less depending on use.
...which led me to a quick search where I found this pdf. From the conclusions of the report:

Vytenis Babrauskas said:
In terms of safe design and safe practices for the installation of heat-producing devices adjacent to wood surfaces, it should not be a new or surprising piece of information that 250C would represent an extremely hazardous condition and that 77C, in fact, must not be exceeded if the heating is prolonged.
:uhoh:

hazy,

Purple-Days

Didn't want to get into this thread, but the PD keeps being mentioned...

Hazy, certain woods are not very well adapted to making a vape of this type. The Eterra man is right, A-zap copied some of the Eterra's earlier mistakes, and even went downhill by a good bit, IMO, using Douglas Fir (and other soft woods) to make the bodies of the A-Zap.

While I agree that 250C (480F, paper burns at 454F) would be a hazard, our units (PD) run about 190C (380F). The stability of Cherry (and a few other hard woods) is one key to longer life of a PD. Another is the lower expansion characteristics of Stainless Steel vs Brass.

Eterra said,"its of course expensive to assert IEEE and RoHS Compliance Assurance..." Well the parts are more expensive... And we have no 'Official' certification, but anyone who cares to stop by and look at our books and order history (and parts bins) can clearly see the parts are all RoHS compliant and we will never compromise that with cheap substitutes.

Purple-Days,
Reactions: brainiac

max

Out to lunch
Hennessy1414 said:
http://www.lightwell.net/moxie/ <----- theres the portable PD(WITH a boatload of differences mind you!)...dude its wooden...small..OH MY GOD!

should i be buying this over the VHW? :/ I havent seen any potable pd ideas (other than the usual) but survivalism did come up with an idea for some battery pack you would need to home make with a soldering iron and all this noise...he also said a bit on how it could explode so..im not sure if i want to jump into that so fast

more info is greatly appreciated..as well as feedback of the sort..this is FC after all :p

This is the same battery pack setup that's been discussed in the PD thread- 10 AA cells (metal hydride) in a pack with a charger. The Vapir Mini uses it. The Vapolution uses it. I've posted (more than once) that the Vapo BP works with the PD, with only a slight difference in connector size making it less than perfect. As long as you don't need to start the PD up cold via the BP, or try to run it for an extended period, the BP works fine for short term use.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Got a reply....

The glass stems in question...

2818sxw.gif

Twice the loading capacity it seems. I may just order one to see what it looks like, and possibly pass it on to Clear Dome to see if he can replicate them....

SpiralArchitect,

ILoveRadiohead!

hazy said:
As a PD owner, I was a bit concerned to read this:

Eterra creator said:
wood and plastic vapes have unfortunate problems. aromazap ripped off our original design and actually copied some flaws... shame on them... one flaw is that the wood chars after a few years or less depending on use.
...which led me to a quick search where I found this pdf. From the conclusions of the report:

Vytenis Babrauskas said:
In terms of safe design and safe practices for the installation of heat-producing devices adjacent to wood surfaces, it should not be a new or surprising piece of information that 250C would represent an extremely hazardous condition and that 77C, in fact, must not be exceeded if the heating is prolonged.
:uhoh:
Thats an interesting article you mentioned. Essentially the author is stating that wood can spontaneously combust after a period of months to years when exposed to temperatures at or above 77C. The only problem with the article is that the author didn't do any of his own experimental testing. He just examined current data collected by others and applied his own deductions. It does look like there are fires possibly started from hot water pipes passing through wood beams without a knowable external combustion source but there may be other effects at play.

From what I've read there really isn't enough experimental data to say whether or not the PD could be susceptible to the effects (self-heating, runaway temperature, exothermic reactions) described in that article. Additionally it doesn't look like there is a consensus on if those effects alone can be accountable for spontaneous combustion.

I haven't been able to find any data yet on how different types of wood are affected by temperature and if certain species are invulnerable to charring at low temps or if they are just more resistant.

ILoveRadiohead!,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
thanks yall for all of your very informative posts..... a big leaf for all of you :bigleaf:

hey spiral...if that stem works out lemnie kno....i gots to try me a glass stem :brow:

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom