Discontinued Elevape SV

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wooo lovin my $260 paper weight!
womp womp just a collectable now

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: AJS

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
One of the main screws on mine (the two you see when you take the lid off) is stripped a bit and it's a bitch to get it out. I know someone posted the make/model of a replacement but I can't find it. A little help from a kind soul would be greatly appreciated....

Maybe if you carefully remove the remaining screw then you might get a match at the hardware store?

?

Fat Freddy,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sorry for all your losses my friends... but mine is still in great shape and still a daily driver (I like it for some tasty morning bowls) despite the I-Heat (which is very great too and have a place in my daily rotation). I like the inhalation detection feature, got tasty dense clouds for every hit but stir between each hit or two.

It go back to the charge when the battery is on the 20% level (after 2 bowls) and charging is a matter of minutes, not hours, and can be achieved in 45-50mn from dead to fully charged (never fully, max charge is between 90-95% to preserve battery life) but only take 20-30mn from 20-30% to full. Keep in mind the inhalation detection feature create a drain on the battery even when unusued so it's nice to get it back to the charger every week even if not used.

Even after years with this device it still impress me every time I use it, I'm blowing smooth and large clouds with an amazing taste. It's my experience and I'm sad it's not everybody's experience!

KLo

No Ember
i'm gonna do surgery on mine. it was quite a performer before going south, but seems fixable. battery change first, then onto the board testing. would be sad to let this one devolve to a paper weight

KLo

No Ember
Isn't it a few batteries wired together?
If memory serves, it was some type of cell pack taped down to a board. Yeah, would make someone some spare change to service our ESVs.

I wonder if someone like FC member and artesian, @Pipes, might be interested?

to sort of fill Joe's empty shoes, so to speak

my screw is also broken. I also cannot contact anyone.

Which screw? I may be able to pop one in the mail for you. I got the repair kit and saw some tiny ones in my toolbox the other day. No prob on my end. PM if you're interested :)

namasteIII

Which screw? I may be able to pop one in the mail for you. I got the repair kit and saw some tiny ones in my toolbox the other day. No prob on my end. PM if you're interested :)

Thanks my ESV is bricked at this point so a screw won't do me good. I need a company rep to help me through a warranty claim, but I don't think I'll get that.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Found a nice trick for my beloved ESV, I was lazy to clean every 2-3 sessions (I'm not OCD!) to get a good airflow and replaced the screen I used in the cap (@Vape Dr. 's bottleneck trick) with a top lid from a S&B dosing capsule, it fits loosely but after soime resin buildup stay very well in place!

This trick offers a better airflow, more uniform abv and save my time from boring cleaning sessions. I still not have to clean the vaporpath (I do that every month or so), the lid will only need a quick whip on the screen while hot but , maybe, it will let more dusty particles to pass in the vaporpath but I hope it will be not the case cause the S&B top hat get plain walls on its side (a screen let the air to pass on the side) and sits on the "toothes" keeping a fraction of millimeter for the vapor to pass... so I hope all/most particles will be stopped in this area (between the top hat s&b and the metal esv bowl lid).

Not sure cause the ESV vapor is already pretty smooth but here, I don't feel anything in my lungs and my throat until I blow out a large and thick cloud!!! and the flavor my friends..... magnificient!

HerbieVonVapster

Found a nice trick for my beloved ESV, I was lazy to clean every 2-3 sessions (I'm not OCD!) to get a good airflow and replaced the screen I used in the cap (@Vape Dr. 's bottleneck trick) with a top lid from a S&B dosing capsule, it fits loosely but after soime resin buildup stay very well in place!

Just tried it and so far so good. i might have to dig out the old laptop with windows xp and adjust the temperature. Running a tad hotter now that battery got few more charges.

Amazed that I got my little black box working. Going make sure she stays in rotation from now on.

Gottawin

I know this is a late post but the main body screws can purchased through Fastenal (part # M42510030A20000).. This screw is 1.25" in length vs the .75" factory originals. I feel that the extra length keeps the screw hole threads in better condition versus the shorter screws stopping flush with the back of the aluminum battery housing.

These Lipo's should work:
https://m.banggood.com/4PCS-Eachine...-20C-Lipo-Battery-p-1309948.html?rmmds=search
(You can buy them separately as well / they can be purchased on eBay as well but the price is a little too high for my taste)..

It seems that depending on when you're ESV was purchased, the micro jst plugs may differ a little.. You may have to match them up (Bangood or eBay should have what you need)..

It also looks like we will be left with having to make our own coils.. Stove top coil making techniques can be found on YouTube..
( I liked this one myself):
If anybody knows what gauge wire is being used with a little practice, we probably could take care of these things yourselves.. For something costing 300-plus dollars I would hate to be looking at it sitting on a shelf and it doesn't work..

Also I don't want to give out the wrong information. But for what I have been reading, the battery packs could possibly be revived using the right RC LiPo battery conditioner.. Just a thought..

Last edited:

Bastos

Damn its been a few years since i used my ESV! Today i plugged it in for a full charge. Its only been 30min but im going to wait till its full before i load it.

Whats been going on with this unit? I take it Joe is no longer supporting the ESV??

Bastos,

HerbieVonVapster

Whats been going on with this unit? I take it Joe is no longer supporting the ESV??

Sadly there no more. Out of business with no support. I tried contact them a few times about buying up any extra batteries. No luck at all.

Did some research on battery for my elevape no real luck. My elevape 2 is doing fine but battery not going last forever. Wish was a way to roll back the firmware on the original one. Least would work with power pack.

Shame these never really caught on. Still one of the quickest stealth vaporizer I own. I still can get a cloud in under a 8 seconds hit from cold. Going miss it when it dies.

I no longer buy vapes with built in batteries. I tend keep and collect them. Currently down to just these elevapes, mighty and a pax2. Rest of my collection has replaceable batteries.

Last edited:

Bastos

Sadly there no more. Out of business with no support. I tried contact them a few times about buying up any extra batteries. No luck at all.

Did some research on battery for my elevape no real luck. My elevape 2 is doing fine but battery not going last forever. Wish was a way to roll back the firmware on the original one. Least would work with power pack.

Shame these never really caught on. Still one of the quickest stealth vaporizer I own. I still can get a cloud in under a 8 seconds hit from cold. Going miss it when it dies.

I no longer buy vapes with built in batteries. I tend keep and collect them. Currently down to just these elevapes, mighty and a pax2. Rest of my collection has replaceable batteries.

After a 2 hour charge my ESV led turned green so i loaded it up and started vaping at 350, i must say the unit still produces a noticable cloud after no use for 2+ years. Its gonna suck when these batteries die tho.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Great it still works @Bastos! Yes, even without any bright led let it under charging until it shows sign of life again.

Mine was taking dust... the culprit of that situation is the MistVape Imp and a DIY 510 atty I built recently... got the classic battery issues after a long time without any use. But my main issue was thevaping temp was too low since I replaced my coil just before to switch for the Imp, got very good taste but whispy hits and abv came out yellowish.
Now I had to fix that issue and after a deep cleaning I put my coil more horizontal (previously I had to bend it cause overheating issues) and set my temp at a more "normal" level (350-380-400) than before where it was exclusively used at the lowest level available.

Taste is still great but it's better in term of t° range available (I can use all 3!) and it looks like to be more efficient now (abv even color, no more sticking abv too). In some aspects I prefer it to my 510 dry herb attys, it's flavor country for morning hits at the desk with coffee... and I love the ritual I have with this black box! But I prefer the 510 attys when I want to be deeply medicated or for water filtration.

Is somebody mentionned a sort of possible Elevape SV3 but not from the original maker (Joe) but by the company who made the SV software (idr the name...)... I think it was in the ESV2's thread.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Whaouw! This tiny black box never end to impress me! Clouds, taste, medication... it shines on all that three topics, it's not anymore the honeymoon (I got it since 2014 or 2015 I think) but it seems a lot better to me than all that actuals on-demand vapes. I can get severals (3-5) giants sized clouds with amazing taste from a tiny load which still look pretty barely vaped after that. It offers the lighter in color abv (if you stir between each hits) and medicates myself like hell (I feel more reliefs from the 2 tiny bowls I just vaped than the 2 dabs done before).

I already mentionned that before but since I replaced my old coil for a new one I get all the temperature range available without any fear of combustion (it was the main concern when it came out), although I never experienced that issue but got only a few dark spots when I learned how to use this vape.

The first on-demand battery powered vape is still the Master (for me, I know some others guys haven't this opinion) even if a lot others came out after but the ESV was a true engineering device a lot more complex than most... and maybe the reason of the fail.

Choices

Whaouw! This tiny black box never end to impress me! Clouds, taste, medication... it shines on all that three topics, it's not anymore the honeymoon (I got it since 2014 or 2015 I think) but it seems a lot better to me than all that actuals on-demand vapes. I can get severals (3-5) giants sized clouds with amazing taste from a tiny load which still look pretty barely vaped after that. It offers the lighter in color abv (if you stir between each hits) and medicates myself like hell (I feel more reliefs from the 2 tiny bowls I just vaped than the 2 dabs done before).

I already mentionned that before but since I replaced my old coil for a new one I get all the temperature range available without any fear of combustion (it was the main concern when it came out), although I never experienced that issue but got only a few dark spots when I learned how to use this vape.

The first on-demand battery powered vape is still the Master (for me, I know some others guys haven't this opinion) even if a lot others came out after but the ESV was a true engineering device a lot more complex than most... and maybe the reason of the fail.

@PPN I have the Elevape SV 2.0 and I have always enjoyed it. Perhaps the trend to oils and concentrates, especially in legal states, has rendered in the minds of many a forward thinking device such as this not necessarily obsolete but more unwanted? It is too bad no one is taking this technology and building on it. Or are they?

Choices,
Top Bottom