Electric vapes with all-glass air & vapor path?

dimmusp

Hi,

I'm looking for an electric vape where both the air and the vapor path are all-glass.

AFAIK, one of the best options is the Lamart BAKx, but the next drop might be months away and the ~$750 units available at Connabis Sommelier are way too expensive.

The other option would be a coil vape, but after a small accident with a Herborizer Ti, I really don't want a vape that can easily burn us or the furniture/house... 😅

Are there any other options out there?

Thanks

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Old Head Dab Ready/Terp Ready is a coil ball/banger heater that's very well protected and generally isn't used when actually hitting so it can be somewhat tucked away like most any other counter appliance. Touching the shield wont burn when on. Here it is heating the flower hammer if titanium before the vapor is ok...?:
IMG_3929-reduced-scaled.jpg

and a banger:
5j6dweavhrgb1.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
AFAIK, one of the best options is the Lamart BAKx, but the next drop might be months away and the ~$750 units available at Connabis Sommelier are way too expensive

Technically it is not all glass air path, it's coming through cuts in the wood and would go over the stainless steel heating element as well... Not to mention if you had a stainless steel basket screen too?

Sure it is one of the simplest and most pure, but if you really only want glass, you're going to need the heating element completely separate from the rest of the device and no body shell at all, aside from no computer tech etc if that is such a concern

Radwin Bodnic

The 1MT looks interesting and is almost all glass https://herbaltherm.com/products/1mt-corded and there is a “wireless” (kind of) option as well https://herbaltherm.com/products/1mt-1hh
I've done the exact same thing with the EMK :

I can tell you for sure that on the 1MT, the balls that are not inside the coil when heating are going to take ages (and a big offset) to get to temp...

This herbalterm design is better suited to be blasted with a big torch imho. Alas it's glass not quartz.

Last edited:

highvaper

If your happy with a bit fo DIY i have been tinkering and have come up with:

Only bit which isnt all glass is a tiny hole with the thermocouple tip in it but you can mount that on the outside tube instead.

There is a thread about it and similar designs at:

Last edited:

Shafty

Hi,

I'm looking for an electric vape where both the air and the vapor path are all-glass.

AFAIK, one of the best options is the Lamart BAKx, but the next drop might be months away and the ~$750 units available at Connabis Sommelier are way too expensive.

The other option would be a coil vape, but after a small accident with a Herborizer Ti, I really don't want a vape that can easily burn us or the furniture/house... 😅

Are there any other options out there?

Thanks
You could use the AVS M22 ESCC with a bottomless banger on a 510 mod. Divine Tribe makes something similar. The crucible is SiC and would be the only thing directly in contact with your concentrate. Add on whichever glass you want. That's basically the only way to entirely avoid metals, or an IH based system.

I will say the AVS system is not straightforward to use vs other vape gear we're familiar with on here. Once their mod is released, that will likely improve, but the price is high and is not meant for dry herb.

Shafty,

dimmusp

Old Head Dab Ready/Terp Ready is a coil ball/banger heater that's very well protected and generally isn't used when actually hitting so it can be somewhat tucked away like most any other counter appliance. Touching the shield wont burn when on. Here it is heating the flower hammer if titanium before the vapor is ok...?:
Thanks, but it looks like the hammer itself would be really hot, which is the same problem we had with the Herborizer Ti (which my wife dropped on her lap...).
Having titanium in the air path would be OK I guess, though it would be even nicer if it were all-glass.

Technically it is not all glass air path, it's coming through cuts in the wood and would go over the stainless steel heating element as well... Not to mention if you had a stainless steel basket screen too?
I knew about the cuts in the wood (which I'm not too thrilled about TBH), but are you sure the air goes through the heating element? I thought the point of the BAKx is that the coil is around the outer glass, and the air only goes around the inner glass.

Some people have been tweaking the Vaponic to be used with an IH (ferromagnetic ribbon wrapped around the outer tube) and it seem to work. (And cheap.)

Oh and there's also this :D
Thanks!

The Vaponic + IH option sounds very interesting, but ultimately I guess you'd still end up with a really hot piece of glass / ribbon in your hands, which I'm trying to avoid.
CaleidosCope's project looks super cool, but I wonder if you can still get burned with the bottom-facing part of the hammer. I'm following the thread to know more. :)

The 1MT looks interesting and is almost all glass https://herbaltherm.com/products/1mt-corded and there is a “wireless” (kind of) option as well https://herbaltherm.com/products/1mt-1hh
Nice! That's almost as pure as you can get with the air/vapor path. The only downside I see is that you'd stil be holding a scorching hold piece of glass. Any clumsiness and you'll get burned like with our Herborizer Ti. 😅

If your happy with a bit fo DIY i have been tinkering and have come up with:

Only bit which isnt all glass is a tiny hole with the thermocouple tip in it but you can mount that on the outside tube instead.

There is a thread about it and similar designs at:

Thanks and congrats on a very cool project! The only downside I see is that you'd still need to hold a really hot piece of unprotected glass, like some of the other options.

You could use the AVS M22 ESCC with a bottomless banger on a 510 mod. Divine Tribe makes something similar. The crucible is SiC and would be the only thing directly in contact with your concentrate. Add on whichever glass you want. That's basically the only way to entirely avoid metals, or an IH based system.

I will say the AVS system is not straightforward to use vs other vape gear we're familiar with on here. Once their mod is released, that will likely improve, but the price is high and is not meant for dry herb.
Thanks, but I don't have access to concentrates so I'm only looking for dry herb vapes.

dimmusp,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The Vaponic + IH option sounds very interesting, but ultimately I guess you'd still end up with a really hot piece of glass / ribbon in your hands, which I'm trying to avoid.
I've tried this and it works great. It's easy to handle and it's so small that the risk of a bad burn is minimal. However, the temp control is far from "electrically controlled" in the sense that the user has to know when to remove the Wand. Has a learning curve.

I think the new Solo3 might be close enough to what you're looking for. I haven't seen a teardown yet so I can't say how clean the airpath is before the glass stem but I've personally never smelled anything off from the Solo's heater and I can attest the vapor tastes just as good as the Vaponic. It's almost an unfair comparison as the Solo3 can dial in your temp very precisely and the stems provide a much larger bowl.

Edit: I might also suggest an all-glass or add-a-cap type dynavap vape which is an all-glass stem and bowl that works with the dynavap cap ecosystem. This way you could use the Wand to heat something all glass and get the temperature right with the clicking system. The only non-glass part is the thin SS cap.

Last edited:

highvaper

Thanks and congrats on a very cool project! The only downside I see is that you'd still need to hold a really hot piece of unprotected glass, like some of the other options.

In its rawest form yes but you use the copper wire as a handle rather than holding the tube - the top of the tube remains cool and you can hold it there as well.

I currently have it in a small glass jar/mug so you just lift that if you want as well or leave on a table - once the straw gets hot you can take it out and can vape from it without needing it to be in the tube all the time.

I do plan to make some kind of wood or ceramic housing for it but the glass jar is working well at the moment - really its up to you want ever type of housing you want to add to it i suppose.

Radwin Bodnic

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

knew about the cuts in the wood (which I'm not too thrilled about TBH), but are you sure the air goes through the heating element? I thought the point of the BAKx is that the coil is around the outer glass, and the air only goes around the inner glass.

I think the design is simple enough that is not entirely isolated, it is mostly conduction that way, but I think there is the slightest bit of convection that can come in through hot air being heated by the metal... I'm just saying, much like the cuts in the wood, nothing is pure glass really, especially with the bowl and other parts, but if you have a problem with heating the piece separately then I don't think you're going to find something ideal? You can use BAK and Solo etc to heat and then hit after but it's not going to be as effective, something like the GVB killer could be the most pure if you can be careful enough, everything is a trade-off...

think the new Solo3 might be close enough to what you're looking for. I haven't seen a teardown yet so I can't say how clean the airpath is before the glass stem but I've personally never smelled anything off from the Solo's heater and I can attest the vapor tastes just as good as the Vaponic. It's almost an unfair comparison as the Solo3 can dial in your temp very precisely and the stems provide a much larger bowl

I actually very much disagree, I'm not sure how pure the path is in the solo, when you have it coming through the metal body, where exactly does it go, electronics are all there, I never think of vape like that is going to be as pure as the more artisan made with less materials in general and less mysterious alloys etc... And based on my own flavor experience, there is nothing extremely pure about the S3 in comparison to these artisan vapes like Tetra, FW, and BAK, I consider those to be more pure still than anything mass produced :2c:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I think the design is simple enough that is not entirely isolated, it is mostly conduction that way, but I think there is the slightest bit of convection that can come in through hot air being heated by the metal... I'm just saying, much like the cuts in the wood, nothing is pure glass really, especially with the bowl and other parts, but if you have a problem with heating the piece separately then I don't think you're going to find something ideal? You can use BAK and Solo etc to heat and then hit after but it's not going to be as effective, something like the GVB killer could be the most pure if you can be careful enough, everything is a trade-off...

I actually very much disagree, I'm not sure how pure the path is in the solo, when you have it coming through the metal body, where exactly does it go, electronics are all there, I never think of vape like that is going to be as pure as the more artisan made with less materials in general and less mysterious alloys etc... And based on my own flavor experience, there is nothing extremely pure about the S3 in comparison to these artisan vapes like Tetra, FW, and BAK, I consider those to be more pure still than anything mass produced :2c:
I hear what you're saying. In theory artisan vapes could be thought of as simpler and use less materials which are processed. The reasoning has some legs. Everyone has their own tolerances for material safety.

However just because we believe something is more or less pure doesn't make it so, and every vape needs considering on a case by case basis. Once you enter a person's taste into it as well, then we just really enter the realm of subjectivity so I appreciate your using the :2c: to express this.

I have a feeling if most of us had to sample vapor from all of our vapes (collected in balloons say), it would very difficult to consistently say which vape produced which vapor and whether one tastes more "pure" than the others.

I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference in "purity" consistently between the Couchlog and the Vaponic, or the S3 in a blind test. I also doubt most could accurately say whether the vapor was created with metal in the airpath or not. Most humans are notoriously bad with distinguishing smells and tastes consistently. Sommeliers are routinely tripped up on blind taste tests, for example. Not to say accurate supertasters don't exist, but it seems to be the exception and we still shouldn't mistake taste for purity.

I think for most of us who have been vaping for a while, we can usually weed out plastic smells, heavy metallic smells or funky machining oils but I'd guess most of the better vapes out there probably get hard to distinguish between once they've met a certain level of quality.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah exactly there's always way too much subjectivity in taste and what we are using, but if the goal is to have a pure pathway, I just don't think any electronic vape like that would be on the consideration list really
Agreed. It's nothing like just pure glass. I just don't taste the difference.

As you said before, there's usually some sacrifice made whether for safety or convenience.

Shit Snacks

And I'm not disagreeing either, most probably wouldn't taste any difference and most of it is more peace of mind, and once I had some nice bud in my solo it did taste pretty fantastic I thought anyway

Shafty

The Bakx seems like the closest to ideal all glass arrangement, considering glass is the worst material you could choose as a thermal conductor. I don't want to go too OT here, but it basically has the exact opposite properties you'd want in an efficient heating chamber material.

Are there tubular SiC heaters? With that you could have a directly conductive air path without metal. They're already used in industrial applications in different shapes.

dudeguy

Yeah the BakX is great I am sure but right now you just can't get one. Maybe once Ralph is back from hiatus. Sure there are some units left at Cannabis Sommelier but those prices ... uh let's say they are a little excessive :rolleyes:

If you don't mind having to use a PID a really promising upcoming alternative might be the Coil Cap from The Rogue Wax Works which is currently in beta testing.

dimmusp

Yeah the BakX is great I am sure but right now you just can't get one. Maybe once Ralph is back from hiatus. Sure there are some units left at Cannabis Sommelier but those prices ... uh let's say they are a little excessive :rolleyes:

If you don't mind having to use a PID a really promising upcoming alternative might be the Coil Cap from The Rogue Wax Works which is currently in beta testing.
That's interesting, thanks! Unfortunately the exposed coil is too dangerous for us because we like to vape on the couch (not sitting at a table) and are very clumsy 😅

Top Bottom