Electric vapes with all-glass air & vapor path?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thanks, but this thread is about vapes with an all-glass air/vapor path, and AFAIK the CouchLog doesn't have one:

"airpath contains ceramic/stainless steel"
(https://420eng.com/products/couchlog-blackforest-oak)

Plus it's super expensive 😅
Yeah, sorry... it was meant as a dumb joke playing on the couch theme. It's a great vape however but yes, it's pricy.

If you want to expand your materials a bit and include ceramics and wood, it might widen your scope a bit as they are quite neutral/natural materials. The Firewood vaporizer comes to mind.

If you can lay your hands on a Vaponic (they're so cheap) and have a Wand, you could try the IH heated Vaponic mentioned earlier quite easily.

Shafty

Basically the answer after all this is that exactly what you want doesn't exist unless the BakX is affordable to you. The Vaponic is an interesting option though. When you have numerous strict requirements, that's what happens.

You'll need to be more flexible with your use or materials to get more options. What's more important, a perfect goldilocks device, or having attainable options?

Personally, I just pick a device depending on mood or setting. At home it's desktop vapes, except in bed, and TM2 anywhere else. All of it beats smoking.

Shafty

The original ball vape design was made of only glass pieces from lab glassware and had an air and vapor path only of glass.
Yeah, but not "couch" safe. Thankfully they wised up and changed to metals. Way more efficient, faster heating, and cools down faster.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
(except they also include stainless steel)
Yeah true... Maybe a stem with a glass screen could work.
The original ball vape design was made of only glass pieces from lab glassware and had an air and vapor path only of glass.
I don't know the origins exactly but the VHB Slide fits the bill except it's never in stock. I think it just fits in the Wand if one were to try a metal sleeve for IH.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh ok... I thought the SS heated the ceramic bowl but was out of the vapor path. My bad. I don't know the design in detail.

It is out of the vapor path, but it is not SS heated ceramic, it is an SS coil that wraps around the ceramic chamber capsules... Fresh air comes through the wood and mixes with that so it is hybrid not just pure conduction although you can use FW9 to maximize one or the other, BAK is a bit more pure conduction by comparison... And couchlog heating element has stainless steel in the resistor cartridge heater thing that is surrounded by the ceramic balls

Hippie

What about one of the 7th Floor vapes with the baller mod ?

Does the DreamWood Peacemaker meet the requirements? I can't tell if the kanthal coil is in the airpath or not

Hippie,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Perhaps if you have the right stem pathway for the bowl without a screen? Ehh wouldn't be my choice to use one of them now

Does the DreamWood Peacemaker meet the requirements? I can't tell if the kanthal coil is in the airpath or not

No not at all, of course it is in the air bath, the air is heated by it directly like their Glow

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have one of those but not sure the airpath is closed off from electronics and such. I know the heater is coated in ceramic and the rubies are the same material (corundum). You can use a glass pathway with a glass screen. I love the hits it can give.

TigoleBitties,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm not sure you can meet all of these objectives... Maybe one of alans gtr logs would work for you? It has a glass core with ceramic resistor heater. The heater is suspended in the glass tube with SS screens though but there only a few iirc. It shouldn't burn anything being encapsulated in wood...

I guess it depends on how heavily you value each of your specific choices. What's more important, safety or pure path?

CANtalk

Hi,

I'm looking for an electric vape where both the air and the vapor path are all-glass.

AFAIK, one of the best options is the Lamart BAKx, but the next drop might be months away and the ~$750 units available at Connabis Sommelier are way too expensive.

The other option would be a coil vape, but after a small accident with a Herborizer Ti, I really don't want a vape that can easily burn us or the furniture/house... 😅

Are there any other options out there?

Thanks
For all glass, the Elev8r with a coil & PID will work from what I've seen on FC. It's like many ball vapes though in that the exposed coil heater is a burn / fire hazard.

My choice in striving for an all glass airpath has been the VapeXhale EVO (no longer made but still lurking around FC with some support & availability). It has a glass airpath with a stainless steel basket holding the herb above the heater. The vape is enclosed in a plastic shell & one simply adds a mouthpiece / water piece. There's no burn or fire hazard. I regularly keep the EVO on the couch in use, like a hand held vape, in the family room.

And the EVO has a full glass airpath with concentrates :clap:

I don't like metal heaters in the airpath. It's easier to avoid that in desktop vapes, not so much in electric portables. As an alternative, I like zirconia heat chamber options.

Good luck with ur choice.

:peace: :leaf:

dimmusp

This looks super interesting, has anyone checked it out?

Edit: Very expensive, though! https://d-nail.com/quartz-lotus-pukinbeagle-x-d-nail-full-bundle/

highvaper

Looks very breakable especially if your prone to dropping stuff. Im not sure how compatible glass and accidents are.

highvaper,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This looks super interesting, has anyone checked it out?

Edit: Very expensive, though! https://d-nail.com/quartz-lotus-pukinbeagle-x-d-nail-full-bundle/
I was absolutely interested but I ended up baulking at the price. I do like to use my 18mm Killer in the UTHS though. I do have to use lab clips instead of that pretty glass handle though.

dimmusp

I've done the exact same thing with the EMK :

I can tell you for sure that on the 1MT, the balls that are not inside the coil when heating are going to take ages (and a big offset) to get to temp...

This herbalterm design is better suited to be blasted with a big torch imho. Alas it's glass not quartz.
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of using an 18 mm Killer like you do.

Could you please share more details about the parts you used?

Maybe I can keep the coil far away and just place the EMK on my bong, using the EMK as a "wireless ball vape" that is decently burn-safe and 100% glass/quartz based.

It would be way cheaper and less cumbersome / fragile than the Dnail Quartz Lotus setup.

(now I just need to get over the idea that quartz dust could form and be harmful... 😅)

Thanks

dimmusp,
Top Bottom