• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Forgive if this has been asked and explained a billion times, I watched YouTube videos but couldn’t figure it out.

I just got into the dynavap universe, and heard some talk about the woodscents. Looking at them, they look amazing! I’m super interested in picking one up.

A couple questions about how they work:
1. Where is the heat generated? It seems like if the element is the very top part of the titanium thing, that when you put it on your herb, or your herb on top of it, it would scorch your herb and your herb would stick to it?

2. When not using it with a water pipe (and thus inverting the wood scent over your piece), when you remove your vapcap, doesn’t the herb fall out onto the wood scent?

Thanks everyone. I’m excited to grab one of these works of art.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
The herb usually sticks in the tip, especially after taking a rip. No worries about charring here, just big tasty convection rips.
So if it’s convection, the heat must NOT be generated in the tip that makes contact with the herb, because that would be direct contact with the heating element, not heating with hot air, right?

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Correct, the heat is generated near the base, it does not roast the load while left inverted on the wpa, not until you draw the hot air through the load.(I have just had mine on for 5 minutes and I can still touch the tip, it is hot but not enough to burn me):science:
Nice, thank you!!!

Any problem with herb sticking to the wood scent or not staying in the vapcap?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
None, I always insert the tip while horizontal first up, this then `sets' the product in the bowl and it will not come out unless forced to (an abv spittoon is the best for this followed by a quick brush out if you can be bothered)
I have not seen any material stick on the WS heater yet, but I do as the instructions say and try to tamp it down a little after loading. That said, I have used the WS heater tip to tamp the load but it still did not stick to the heater.:tup:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
None, I always insert the tip while horizontal first up, this then `sets' the product in the bowl and it will not come out unless forced to (an abv spittoon is the best for this followed by a quick brush out if you can be bothered)
I have not seen any material stick on the WS heater yet, but I do as the instructions say and try to tamp it down a little after loading. That said, I have used the WS heater tip to tamp the load but it still did not stick to the heater.:tup:
Excellent information. Thank you!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Excellent information. Thank you!

Yeah...the heating element is further down that titanium stem. It's probably at least an inch away from that tip, if not further. The air just heats as it passes by it in the titanium tube. I normally use mine on a daily basis with the dry stem at 9.5 out of 10 on it's original heat controller dial (as I'm doing at this very moment), and it never chars.

The metal tip does get hot, but not hard enough to combust at all with normal use.

Hmmm, my Hydrobrick mouthpiece works fine, lol (bit topheavy, ha ha ha).

IMG_0104.jpg

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been using my new walnut unit for about 4 days now and have to say I am really liking it. I am mainly using the 18mm wpa at 10 on the dial(just over 12.2v) I am getting 3-4 small to average sized rips to a load and the abv is a nice and evenly roasted. I tried to get a load down in one go but only managed to choke on a huge cloud of vapor.:doh:

I have also used the long wooden stem at about 8 on the dial with good results.
I am not having as much luck with the glass pieces, I cannot seem to get the abv dark at all, even on 10 with extended pulling.
I have ordered the following power supply as my `painted on eyes' cannot see the settings on the dial without glasses and a head torch.
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/9-24V-2-5A-72W-AC-DC-Adjustable-Power-Adapter-Supply-Speed-Control-Volt-Display/183027360734?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I has auto switching a/c 100-240v so fine worldwide with a simple plug adapter for whatever country.
What would be the max voltage I can run while on concentrates, I have heard a few differing opinions and just want to make sure I do not hurt any thing.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So you reckon its the goods?
I am in the `Honeymoon Period' at the moment so probably bias, if you like the VC on a bubbler, you will love this. I find it similar to a VC but with a lot less resistance and you do not have to remove the log, just load and rip it as you want, on demand sesh and it looks and feels great. Some of my daily drivers are feeling neglected.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I has auto switching a/c 100-240v so fine worldwide with a simple plug adapter for whatever country.
What would be the max voltage I can run while on concentrates, I have heard a few differing opinions and just want to make sure I do not hurt any thing.
You can use this with concentrates??? How?

I was debating between this and a flowerpot, but if this can do concentrates also...

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, been awful hot down here but for the first couple of days this week it was 90 with very little humidity, the wind was blowing and felt alot like spring. Considering it has felt like 110+ for the rest of the time, jeez its been tough. My oldest had his first go at the State 4H shooting competition. Out of 61 kids shooting .22 rifle open sights with no optics he placed 25th

2w3b8yw.jpg

You can see the end sight on the barrel to get an idea of what hes looking through and see down range just how small the bullseye is at 150', it aint easy for sure. This day it felt like 112 out there, was brutal for everyone. Figure nerves got to him being his first time there and the heat didnt help, but I am very proud of him. Hes got a couple more years to try again if he likes.

As it turns out Lane may not be Lactose intolerant, hes not been a happy camper still so we went back to the dr again and having gone over all thats going on it maybe thats he has reflux. We have changed the way he feeds and giving him meds to help with it so time will tell and we keep praying that gets right and gets over it.

I have been busting butt in the shop and giving it all I got, is much easier to do so when its nice and cool in there lol. I chopped up a couple species of rough funky looking burl chunks to make these outa sight live edge WS bodies. Piece below is Flame Box Elder Burl

2hyzdw6.jpg

e5jp8i.jpg

No one has claimed it yet if youre interested hit me up.

When moving I found a few gems here and there and discovered I had just a few more Myrtlewood chunks from the ZapMan from way way back. Ohhhh these are burly too

o6i8hd.jpg

25z05r6.jpg

Really been enjoying my time out there.

@anda1anda2 Hahaha hope its going well and smoothing out after your post above.

@HughJundys I am happy to hear you are enjoying your unit bro and laughed at how you might have to quit following me at IG. Hahaha oh you know i got a treasure for you, just havent posted it yet but rest assured I will lol. Oh and I dont twist anyones arm but like @sixstringsmash said its not a bad idea to have 2. I feel its kinda like a ext. drive for storing all your data and as I have had happen in the past a time or two, one always goes bad but 2 not so. Thats a beautiful unit you got bro, I really liked working that piece. Afzelia has a pleasant fragrance when turning it also, makes the beauty of it and the smell an enjoyable experience. Get this I have a hella sniffer, I can smell things and it takes me back to times in my life, I can look at woods and recall the odor, most I like a few I dont. Some I dont know what they are in the rough and have to smell em to get an idea. I have said it here before, I would show my youngest and tell him to smell it and hed bury his nose in the grain, saying oh dad I like this wood haha. You got a lot of glass there bro, just not a fan myself, all good though. Those small bubblers on the other hand sure do make a good time even better dont they. I appreciate the kind words!

@sixstringsmash Bro I really apologize for the mishap with the package and am praying that it gets turned around and back to me soon. I am also curious as to how the return is working for you now? Lol on the video.

@arb Thanks for stopping by, you grabbed one? Pls tell me more, if so I sure hope she does, if not we got an issue lol.

@Modicum My man thanks for the bday wishes and for staying in touch, I appreciate you.

@cloraform Good to see you.

@-dab8- Hello and thanks for the post and the interest. Question 1, yes there is a heater cartridge within the air path. Air travels down the outside of it through the air inlets and over the heater. Yes the tip does rest on the top of the heat port and could sit on the filter disc. I load mine using the straw method and giving it a light tamp then just place it slightly over the heat port. I havent seen anything stick to it and have not had it scorch. Question 2, generally nothing falls into the unit, if it did it would be minimal and very small debri. The way the unit is made its rather easy to keep clean and free of any debris. You could get a can of compressed air and blow down through the top of the heat port and any tiny particles could be blow out the air inlets and then turn over to remove any again. The tip and load can not come in direct contact with each other, just cant happen.

@KidFated. Thanks for posting up the info bro, I dont get in here with as much time as I would like to answer the questions and know guys like you are here to help out means alot to me, thank you!

@LesPlenty Thank you as well for posting up with answers and advice, am most grateful! Thats a really neat PS you got there, I like that. I have run mine up to 13V but found it to be to hot for me. Ive heard of some folks running up to 14v but wouldnt suggest it for long periods and sure wouldnt go any higher than that. Happy to hear your enjoying it as much and hope you continue to do so, there really isnt a need to go to anything else you got all you need there a desktop and a portable, winner winner chicken dinner!

@Ramahs Neat way to use the WS. Thanks for posting up and helping out also bro. The WS heater isnt that far from the tip, it may be hard to see down in there through the filter disc, its closer to the top than it is from the bottom.

@felon167inc Thanks for keeping an eye on what I am doing, not sure if you follow me at IG, you can see a whole lot more there. Hope you are getting the answers you are looking for here too. Yes sir it can do trates as well. I know users do the herb sandwich and also use the hemp twine method with much success.

I hope all is well out there for you all and everyone is staying cool. From what I see and hear its hot all over. Wishing everyone the best!

One thing that really bothers me is this Imgur issue here. I dont claim to be a smart man and dont wanna spend so much time reading through this or that to not understand even more than I already dont. But dont get why it worked before and why it doesnt now. I cant go back and repost all the pics I had from it, I dont have the time nor the patience. I dont like this tinypic crap, ugghhh I dont like change and cant get why it just cant be fixed, surely its not rocket science and surely they are people out there way way smarter than me here at the forum that could make this fix and all would be good. This sis such a PITButt.

ChocolateMonk

ive had my WS a good few months now I have to say it the bollocks! best money ive ever spent on anything weed related. it seems to vape anything I put in it including hash and oil, just either make a sandwich with some weed or wrap the hash/oil in organic cotton wool or degummed hemp fibre and stick that in the tip. I leave it on almost all day for vape and go anytime. I often leave it on loaded up and it doesnt seems to waste any by 'burning' it or anything. Another great plus I think is it doesn't look like drug paraphernalia at all, especially when its sitting on my mantlepiece with the aroma cup on it and some smelly in it. You get everything you need in one of Ed's packs including a Vapcap cap so you can use your sexy wood stems as a Vapcap out and about. Also Ed is a top bloke to deal with and a master craftsman too. Honestly if you are thinking of getting one just get it you will not regret it.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
ive had my WS a good few months now I have to say it the bollocks! best money ive ever spent on anything weed related. it seems to vape anything I put in it including hash and oil, just either make a sandwich with some weed or wrap the hash/oil in organic cotton wool or degummed hemp fibre and stick that in the tip. I leave it on almost all day for vape and go anytime. I often leave it on loaded up and it doesnt seems to waste any by 'burning' it or anything. Another great plus I think is it doesn't look like drug paraphernalia at all, especially when its sitting on my mantlepiece with the aroma cup on it and some smelly in it. You get everything you need in one of Ed's packs including a Vapcap cap so you can use your sexy wood stems as a Vapcap out and about. Also Ed is a top bloke to deal with and a master craftsman too. Honestly if you are thinking of getting one just get it you will not regret it.

I couldn't agree more! :cheers:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you ever have to worry that some concentrate will drop back down the heating element?
Only if gravity ever changes, the glass wpa never leaves the bong, the WS is put on top of wpa that has the pad with concentrate in/on it, inhale, remove WS from wpa that still has the HR F2 pad in it, the only oil runs down toward the bong is in the wpa, not up and I am hoping a bit higher voltage in the WS will vape more so less oil will be left to clean up.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Only if gravity ever changes, the glass wpa never leaves the bong, the WS is put on top of wpa that has the pad with concentrate in/on it, inhale, remove WS from wpa that still has the HR F2 pad in it, the only oil runs down toward the bong is in the wpa, not up and I am hoping a bit higher voltage in the WS will vape more so less oil will be left to clean up.
Ohhhhh, I was picturing without water. (The glass or vapcap with concentrate in it, on top of the WS. So... gravity could cause it to drip into the WS if you didn’t suck hard enough.)

Last edited:

anda1anda2

@anda1anda2 Hahaha hope its going well and smoothing out after your post above.

Hey Ed,

I was just thinking about posting an update. The Ti tip has definitely been breaking in and it is much easier to put the tip on the heater and spin it around.

I am still dialing in my preferred settings, but overall, the WS has been an absolute joy to use. Using it dry with the Ti tip has given me some of the most flavorful rips I have ever tasted. Good stuff!

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I’m electrically challenged. Does such a thing exist like a battery pack with replaceable batteries that will power the woodscents?

-dab8-,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have the following lithium jump starter, not cheap, but I already had it in my 4wd;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Powerco...m+jump+starter&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0
It will run my portable ARB 47ltr compressor fridge (set at 2degrees C) for about 11 hours(It has about 1.5 A/H draw), not sure on the WS yet, but seeing the jump start has an 18a/h lipo battery it should run the W/S(less than 1 a/h draw) for over 18 hours.

sixstringsmash

So it's been about two weeks since I've received my WS back from repair and it's tune up. Ed asked me to share my thoughts on the performance of the unit after using it with the tune-up, so here it is.

I have to say I'm impressed with the differences from my unit getting it at launch versus after the tune-up. Ed told me that the heater would be a little higher up so it would have a bit more of a kick. I didn't really experience this since I'm using it at pretty much the same voltage as before, but the one thing I did notice is it seems to roast my AVB much more evenly now. Previously I'd get the occasional hot spot when vaporizing through the Ti tip, but now it just seems to vape evenly across the entire surface of the bowl.

It's definitely a very subtle and minor difference but it is also a very welcome change! Just when I thought my unit couldn't get any better, the thing just keeps on giving.

Top Bottom