• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

mephisto76

Hi there, I took some pics before leaving for work but need to figure out how to upload them. The pics don't show much, looks like a standard 90 degree barrel connector, pin inside port looks straight and centre, barrel connector won't go in past black plastic tip. Quick question, is the barrel connector the same for all the connections on the power supply, if so non of them fit. Thanks again!

GoldenBud

Hi there, I took some pics before leaving for work but need to figure out how to upload them. The pics don't show much, looks like a standard 90 degree barrel connector, pin inside port looks straight and centre, barrel connector won't go in past black plastic tip. Quick question, is the barrel connector the same for all the connections on the power supply, if so non of them fit. Thanks again!
do you have a standard 12v 1.5a/2a/2.5a power supply for a modem/router/gpon device? does it fit? i think it's 5.5x2.5mm for a standard router/WS
pics will help..

probably what happened is like Sneaky Pete buys a WS without power supply, and he or some worker added random 12v charger with other plug... without checking... because usually it's the standard 12v

Solo II charger is not standard 12v plug. I remember. also HI can fit 5.5x2.5mm or 5.5x2.1mm
but most routers/gpon devices and even some PC's screens support the standard 12v plug

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
As @GoldenBud said, it should be a standard 5.5*2.1mm barrel connector. This is mine:
2024-01-1009-21-224129331660110049985.jpg

I have only used the included dimmer and power support once. Typically I use it with a VVPS.

mephisto76

do you have a standard 12v 1.5a/2a/2.5a power supply for a modem/router/gpon device? does it fit? i think it's 5.5x2.5mm for a standard router/WS
pics will help..

probably what happened is like Sneaky Pete buys a WS without power supply, and he or some worker added random 12v charger with other plug... without checking... because usually it's the standard 12v

Solo II charger is not standard 12v plug. I remember. also HI can fit 5.5x2.5mm or 5.5x2.1mm
but most routers/gpon devices and even some PC's screens support the standard 12v plug
Thanks for this, I will see what I can find when I get home tonight. From what I understand SP purchases whole kits from Ed, but I could be wrong. I think I have the pics uploaded to a hosting site now.

cosimo

Thanks for this, I will see what I can find when I get home tonight. From what I understand SP purchases whole kits from Ed, but I could be wrong. I think I have the pics uploaded to a hosting site now.
I also got my WS from SP and the power supply would fit bery snug so plugging it required a bit of force the first times, then it plugged easier... in your pics it seems you have the same type i had, but it shouldnt be too hard to plug. Id contact SP.

mephisto76

I also got my WS from SP and the power supply would fit bery snug so plugging it required a bit of force the first times, then it plugged easier... in your pics it seems you have the same type i had, but it shouldnt be too hard to plug. Id contact SP.
Thank you for your advice! I have definitely put as much force on it as I'm comfortable giving it, still won't go. I have contacted SP and provided them with the details.

mephisto76

Thank you for your advice! I have definitely put as much force on it as I'm comfortable giving it, still won't go. I have contacted SP and provided them with the details.
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your suggestions, everything is working now. For whatever reason the power supply didn't fit properly. Support from Ed and Pete's was fantastic!! Love my new log, thanks everyone

coolbreeze

Recently scored a newish classic Blackwood Woodscents with the ball mod and I am loving it! Flavor's amazing and I'm surprised by the endless hits from half a tiny bowl! Somewhere around 50% of my DV tips fit but the new chambers are perfect. I appreciate freeing up some desktop real estate for a minidoser like the WS as it helps to keep the day in hand. What a fantastic vape, @Ed's TnT !
IMG-6894.jpg

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Recently scored a hardly-used classic Blackwood Woodscents with the ball mod and I am loving it! Flavor's amazing and I'm surprised by the endless hits from half a tiny bowl! Somewhere around 50% of my DV tips fit but the new chambers are perfect. I appreciate freeing up some desktop real estate for a minidoser like the WS as it helps to keep the day in hand. What a fantastic vape, @Ed's TnT !
IMG-6894.jpg
Very nice piece!:tup: We were banging on a bead modded woodscents in Vegas with Ed and that thing rips with the beads and flavor lasts forever!:rockon:

the_hexx

Team Hash
That’s a gorgeous unit @coolbreeze, congrats! I’m lucky enough to be in a similar position, just today I picked up a like-new 2021 Figured Walnut from my local post office.

I didn’t have the chance to try it yet, but I’m beyond excited as I’ve been wanting one of those for ever. I’ve also ordered a few dozen 2mm rubies to eventually carry out the famous mod, fun times ahead!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

That’s a gorgeous unit @coolbreeze, congrats! I’m lucky enough to be in a similar position, just today I picked up a like-new 2021 Figured Walnut from my local post office.

I didn’t have the chance to try it yet, but I’m beyond excited as I’ve been wanting one of those for ever. I’ve also ordered a few dozen 2mm rubies to eventually carry out the infamous mod, fun times ahead!
Beautiful! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. : )

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

I didn’t have the chance to try it yet, but I’m beyond excited as I’ve been wanting one of those for ever. I’ve also ordered a few dozen 2mm rubies to eventually carry out the famous mod, fun times ahead!
Got a link for the 2mm rubies? Any reason rubies are the preferred material? Would 2mm sic balls work?

the_hexx

Team Hash
Got a link for the 2mm rubies? Any reason rubies are the preferred material? Would 2mm sic balls work?
2mm seem to be harder to find than 3/4mm ones. I ordered mine from AliExpress but I'm in the EU, I bought 50 but now I see that they changed the minimum order to 100. I'm sure there are better options for you if you're on the other side of the pond.

Not an expert on balls, but I think rubies are easier to find, cheaper and run hotter than SiC balls.

Last edited:

the_hexx

Team Hash
A week in and it's like an old friend already:
IMG-6935.jpg
My sentiments exactly! And I have to ask, what draw restriction?? Granted, I picked up a 2023 model (and not a 2021 as I mentioned above) that comes with mesh screens instead of CCDs both in the tip and in the heater; if this vape ever felt restricted, this just isn’t the case now.

Starting low at 10ish with the glass stem I get super tasty hits one after the other, but it can be very powerful too; at 12.4 with the Simrell extraction chamber I get convection-heavy hash rips very similar to my ball vape or my Vapbong.

All in all great first impressions, this is definitely here to stay!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My sentiments exactly! And I have to ask, what draw restriction?? Granted, I picked up a 2023 model (and not a 2021 as I mentioned above) that comes with mesh screens instead of CCDs both in the tip and in the heater; if this vape ever felt restricted, this just isn’t the case now.
You solved your own mystery! The older models have a very restricted draw. But I'm glad the updates have opened it up. Although I suspect that would disappoint some vapers.

Top Bottom