Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

I just use this
79b2dd81.jpg

381addfc.jpg

It fits the solo and two straight stems(they are my fav and the only one I use) would also fit a bent stem but probably just one. It isn't padded but with Ed's stems that isn't even a concern anymore. I have fallen down the stairs with the solo just in my front pants pocket and it has survived.

VapeNStone,

u bwade wunner

hey ed

my honest opinion on the boxes,really nice for a directors or gentlemans desk but limited for vaporists, looking at users stem collections here on the site.I am sure some folks will love them though.very beautiful pieces indeed.

How are the fibers working out.Ive used these fibres on heating systems for 20 years or so and they hold tight.there is a knack to wrapping it around the stem.A small piece has to be teased from the hank and wrapped.it will feel fiddly to nbegin with.You will need some thing also to hold it together maybe organic paste of some description.Its only to matt the fibres before you slide the bowl on.Its inevitable that some fibre will push out.It can be trimmed off later.be careful of ptfe.its an irritant.

u bwade wunner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I feel ya on the boxes U Bwade. The fibers may just be what I need, I have been using them on the last dozen or so I have made, use it to wrap around the wood shaft before pressing in and use the JB Weld on the upper end of the shaft and cover the fiber so maybe it will provide for more adhesion.

Hm the PTFE says it will deteriorate at close to 300C which is close to 600F, the Solo should never get that hot should it? And being on the upper end of the wood shaft should not come in contact with the air pathway. Whats your thoughts?

How bout this Bog Oak blank?
BOBlock.jpg

MP_1_5460.jpg

5460 years old! Anyone that buys a piece from this block will also receive the above paperwork for proof of their purchase! I aint even gonna mention how much this slab cost me.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
They sure do Frederick, hella story to even get em up out of the bog.

How bout these beauties I have just gotten back from my photographer, as always he does a great job. These are African Blackwood Solo Stems.

EdsTnTBlackwoodSoloStems1.jpg

EdsTnTBlackwoodSoloStems2.jpg

I think these make the greatest match with the Solo, both are sleek and refined and the stems have such a glossy finish, they almost need nothing other than sanded and buffed.

I also found where Linda had done a review of my LB Stems, she did a great job too.

Hope you all like.

MadWhack

Another great review for Ed.
Ordered two pieces today. Had a problem with my credit card. Ed called AND emailed me back to advise me of the issue.
A+ customer service.
Reordered and all looks good so far.

Thanks Ed I hope these wooden toys are as awesome as everyone else says they are!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Another great review for Ed.
Ordered two pieces today. Had a problem with my credit card. Ed called AND emailed me back to advise me of the issue.
A+ customer service.
Reordered and all looks good so far.

Thanks Ed I hope these wooden toys are as awesome as everyone else says they are!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I do so appreciate them and hope you enjoy the wood as much as I enjoy creating them.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

u bwade wunner

wow Ed on top of your e game again.I love the blackwood.Its awesome.
Trippy black bands running through it.just Wow:)

i like Linda.do you know has she appearred on here do you know? she can milk for sure.

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I will do that VnS for sure! Really glad you like that cocobolo piece and its performance!

Ubwade I have seen her on here once or twice, not sure where, maybe I saw her in the Solo thread. Thanks for the kind words bro!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
So good to see all the activity on your thread Ed. :D

I'm curious; will you be making any LB stems out of that bog wood?

Thanks for stopping by Mom, yest quite a bit of action going on around here! I was making LB stems last week and made some really beautiful coco and bloodwood stems for it. Guess I could make some LB Stems from the Bog Oak, would be a custom product and special order if anyone is interested!

Thanks again Mom, hey lost all my contact info a week or two ago, took my kids fishing in the boat, my $100 rod/reel combo just falls right out the boat, oh with only a second to think, I jumped right in after it and had to swim down 12' to retrieve it and when I got back in the boat lost my cell and $100 shades, what a loss every contact and # I had gone! Need to get your info again sometime, been a while sincce we rapped! Hope all is well for you all up there!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Been finishing up some dugouts this last week but today I took some time to spin some more Solo Stems, Spun a couplea beautiful Swamp Man Logging Sinker Cypress Stems and even a nice Camphor Burl Stem. Went to Louisiana last week and got my hands on a few chunk of cypress. I think the sinker cypress is as close to Bog Oak we here in the states can get. Alota mineral staining in these pieces, have only made a couple of anyone is interested. OOOO also have some razor mottled macare I want to turn into stems soon as well as several new exotics I have never worked. Hope all is well!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I just made the first Solo Dugout, its bout twice the size of my standard now, has the 3" wooden/ss stem that has the 14mm Gong tapered mouth piece, has quite a large stash on the one side and fits the stem just right, its the same length at 4" x 2.5" wide and an 1" thick. I am gonna have to get some more tooling and will probably do the in Granadillo to match the stem.

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

091.jpg

Top Bottom