E-Nano XL from Epicvape

Smelly Dog

I tried the old FCLove discount code and it is wayyyyy outdated, I used that code way back when I bought my OG I think in 2014 or 15, lol! Has there been any new online discount codes for units or is it just wait for holiday sales these days?

Smelly Dog,
Reactions: Okla68

Smelly Dog

I couldn't wait for a sale so I ordered the E-Nano XL, I ordered the WPA with carb from JodaGlass before I even ordered the XL, and I tried ordering the Ed's TNT XL stem but he's out of stock at the moment. I can't wait to try the bigger bowled XL, my OG nano will end up being my daytime desktop, and the XL will be my late evening desktop when I need to really wind down for the day.

Smelly Dog,

Texus

I couldn't wait for a sale so I ordered the E-Nano XL, I ordered the WPA with carb from JodaGlass before I even ordered the XL, and I tried ordering the Ed's TNT XL stem but he's out of stock at the moment. I can't wait to try the bigger bowled XL, my OG nano will end up being my daytime desktop, and the XL will be my late evening desktop when I need to really wind down for the day.
Think you will love it with the JoDa. Liked his work (especially the tight tolerance) so much that I got both a WPA and stem. For a more durable option, the tolerances on @Ed's TnT stem is also great. And Ed's wood always feels great to the touch IME.

PeteyS

Can anyone point out which Enano will give best results for low temp hits. Im looking specifically for strong, terpy hits, but at a low temp. 356f for example.
I want to buy either the NXT or the XL with ice stem, but am price conscious. I don't mind spending the extra money on the XL, but again, only if it can deliver better results with powerful low temp vaping.

PeteyS

HI all, I just ordered my first Enano on potv;s sale. The model I choose was the XL, mostly for the larger heater that I hope will vape stronger at lower temps, compared to the OG e nano.
I haven't received the unit in the mail yet, but am starting to have some buyers remorse. I keep hearing about the factory stems not mating up with the heater all that well, and that is starting to concern me. Can someone provide me some info regarding this area please.

I also am thinking that for micro dosing(0.05g) for me, I may have been better off grabbing the OG or the NXT, as they are more native for smaller bowls.
Does anyone know if the XL has any advantage/disadvantage over the NXT, OG, with lower temp vaping.(356f) range, using smaller amounts of herb(0.05g)

Im thinking I might go ahead and order the OG or NXT, along with the matching long stem, and Gong from epic vape. And then returning the XL.
I guess I could possibly try them side to side before returning as well?

cannasoor

HI all, I just ordered my first Enano on potv;s sale. The model I choose was the XL, mostly for the larger heater that I hope will vape stronger at lower temps, compared to the OG e nano.
I haven't received the unit in the mail yet, but am starting to have some buyers remorse. I keep hearing about the factory stems not mating up with the heater all that well, and that is starting to concern me. Can someone provide me some info regarding this area please.

I also am thinking that for micro dosing(0.05g) for me, I may have been better off grabbing the OG or the NXT, as they are more native for smaller bowls.
Does anyone know if the XL has any advantage/disadvantage over the NXT, OG, with lower temp vaping.(356f) range, using smaller amounts of herb(0.05g)

Im thinking I might go ahead and order the OG or NXT, along with the matching long stem, and Gong from epic vape. And then returning the XL.

I don't own an XL (or an NXT), but I have an OG E-Nano from 6+ years ago.

It has, and I think this is by design, a relatively loose fit to the stems … "relatively" compared to the sort of tapered/ground-glass stems of (say) my Milaana. I have read these concerns about the fit on the XL and wonder if it is also just by design. (I am procrastinating on my second Milaana repair after those tighter-fitting ground-glass stems have again popped the unit's internal glass, so maybe not the greatest idea … just sayin'.) I think a lot of glass tech in the DHV world uses those tighter-fitting stems, and perhaps people are just not used to the idea of a looser fit.

I would definitely give the XL a chance before you give up on it, maybe write to EpicKai or message the company reps here (@nadia_epic and "Andy" = @ACE OF VAPE , though I can't find his username right now *) about the "loose fit", as I don't think they've ever addressed it on FC. But it could be entirely by design.

* [edited to add Andy = ACE OF VAPE's username/tag]

Regarding micro-dosing, I usually do about 0.03 or less (< 1/30th of a gram) per stem, though I usually do 2-3 stems at one sitting (compare & contrast flavors!). I am entirely, perfectly, completely, abso-fucking-lutely satisfied (no; really: ecstatic!) with my OG at that load level, and have been using it 1-2 times daily for almost all of those 6+ years (little week's vacation every year or so). I get brilliant flavors and wonderful effects—and my stem is "loose" (I tend to twirl it while I inhale, in fact.)

If you stick with the XL and are bothered by the "looseness", people here have highly recommended JoDa Glassworks' WPAs as tight-fitting and righteous (and they certainly look nice in the pictures); see earlier in the thread. [or, you know, like 2 posts up *sigh* :rofl::wave::doh: ]

But I would recommend trying the XL to see how you like it before you give up on just because of stem looseness. (Start at lower temps and go up slowly, if you have the patience. And buy an extra stem or two for compare-and-contrast: just sayin'!)

In any case, I hope your purchase works out for you, and I'm almost certain you will be happy with your E-Nano … one way or the other.

Last edited:

Texus

Yeah, I wouldn't overthink the stem fit. That is really more fine tuning than a deal breaker in my book. I love and prefer my Joda glass stem, but was hardly disappointed in the XL stem before it. But think of Ed and Joda stems as just helping squeeze that last 5% of performance out of it. And that baseline performance is still top tier due to the directness of the air path from flower to your lungs.

Okla68

I don't own an XL (or an NXT), but I have an OG E-Nano from 6+ years ago.

It has, and I think this is by design, a relatively loose fit to the stems … "relatively" compared to the sort of tapered/ground-glass stems of (say) my Milaana. I have read these concerns about the fit on the XL and wonder if it is also just by design. (I am procrastinating on my second Milaana repair after those tighter-fitting ground-glass stems have again popped the unit's internal glass, so maybe not the greatest idea … just sayin'.) I think a lot of glass tech in the DHV world uses those tighter-fitting stems, and perhaps people are just not used to the idea of a looser fit.

I would definitely give the XL a chance before you give up on it, maybe write to EpicKai or message the company reps here (@nadia_epic and "Andy" = @ACE OF VAPE , though I can't find his username right now *) about the "loose fit", as I don't think they've ever addressed it on FC. But it could be entirely by design.

* [edited to add Andy = ACE OF VAPE's username/tag]

Regarding micro-dosing, I usually do about 0.03 or less (< 1/30th of a gram) per stem, though I usually do 2-3 stems at one sitting (compare & contrast flavors!). I am entirely, perfectly, completely, abso-fucking-lutely satisfied (no; really: ecstatic!) with my OG at that load level, and have been using it 1-2 times daily for almost all of those 6+ years (little week's vacation every year or so). I get brilliant flavors and wonderful effects—and my stem is "loose" (I tend to twirl it while I inhale, in fact.)

If you stick with the XL and are bothered by the "looseness", people here have highly recommended JoDa Glassworks' WPAs as tight-fitting and righteous (and they certainly look nice in the pictures); see earlier in the thread. [or, you know, like 2 posts up *sigh* :rofl::wave::doh: ]

But I would recommend trying the XL to see how you like it before you give up on just because of stem looseness. (Start at lower temps and go up slowly, if you have the patience. And buy an extra stem or two for compare-and-contrast: just sayin'!)

In any case, I hope your purchase works out for you, and I'm almost certain you will be happy with your E-Nano … one way or the other.
Had my OG Nano 5+ years, Dont have One Second of Buyers Remorse !!!

Gnome34

The stems are not a perfect fit, but I can get each of mine to seal correctly, repeatedly, once I learn each stems "sweet spot".

I bought the stem from Eds TNT, it's perfect and no need to find a sweet spot.

I have the XL and OG. Haven't used the OG since I got the XL. It is my gaming vape and serves it's purpose perfectly. Big fan of the XL and logs in general.

PeteyS

Thanks for the righteous responses.
Its funny how much thought and time we put into our vaping habits and purchases, haha.

I feel better about the purchase now and can't wait for it to be delivered.

Im going to get intimate with the machine, and once I feel the itch, Ill probably put in a order for a few stems, most likely the ice stem and song wpa . I heard so much great things about Eds stem, but i want to keep the glass vapour path for now.

Okla68

Thanks for the righteous responses.
Its funny how much thought and time we put into our vaping habits and purchases, haha.

I feel better about the purchase now and can't wait for it to be delivered.

Im going to get intimate with the machine, and once I feel the itch, Ill probably put in a order for a few stems, most likely the ice stem and song wpa . I heard so much great things about Eds stem, but i want to keep the glass vapour path for now.
The "Ice Stem" with the Glass screen is the ticket. Never to use a metal screen again !

PeteyS

I will get the Ice stem and the Song wpa on my next order. I want to give the stock stem a chance, and I would like to get to know the vape before I start making any upgrades.
Does anyone have a simple way to use a Jhook with the XL? Is there anything that will fit directly onto the heater, or do i need a adapter first?
I know Eds tnt stem is the best stem out there right now, but i kinda want to stick with a all glass vapour path for now. That was one of the biggest reasons i went with the enano.

PeteyS

My Nano XL arrived a few days early and i had a chance to use it last night for the first time. This is also my very first log vape.

On the Xl i noticed that it had really open airflow compared to what im used too. Not what i was expecting as most of the reviews(of the OG) mentioned draws feeling like drinking a "milkshake"

One concern i have is the seal when you mate the stem to the heater. Are you supposed to have a air tight seal when mated?
I feel as im getting more fresh air into the stem, rather then vapour. Is this normal for log vapes?

I started at 6 on the dial, and found the flavour to be great, but not alot of vapour. slowly creeped up to 7 and was still getting whispy vapour. Near the end of the night i finally dialled it up to 8 and got a massive cloud, I didn't even bother going back for seconds. Avb was medium brown.

So far ive found the vapour to be tasty, but hotter then im used too(Im coming from a whip vape)

Thanks, all.

Pete.

Gnome34

My Nano XL arrived a few days early and i had a chance to use it last night for the first time. This is also my very first log vape.

On the Xl i noticed that it had really open airflow compared to what im used too. Not what i was expecting as most of the reviews(of the OG) mentioned draws feeling like drinking a "milkshake"

One concern i have is the seal when you mate the stem to the heater. Are you supposed to have a air tight seal when mated?
I feel as im getting more fresh air into the stem, rather then vapour. Is this normal for log vapes?

I started at 6 on the dial, and found the flavour to be great, but not alot of vapour. slowly creeped up to 7 and was still getting whispy vapour. Near the end of the night i finally dialled it up to 8 and got a massive cloud, I didn't even bother going back for seconds. Avb was medium brown.

So far ive found the vapour to be tasty, but hotter then im used too(Im coming from a whip vape)

Thanks, all.

Pete.

This is the issue with the stock stems, not mating perfectly. Try rotating each stem while inhaling and wiggling the stem. On each of my stems this has helped me find their sweet spots.

In the end I got the TNT stem and don't have any complaints.

Okla68

Thanks, all.

Pete.
Had my OG Nano for several years...Only when I Overpack the stem too tight does it Ever feel like drawing thru a "milkshake".
Convection is all about AIRFLOW....Never have had to run mine over 7.5...and that all depends on the material humidity level.
IMO, if you feel like you are sucking air around the load as opposed to Thru it...dont pack it soo tight or soo full !

PeteyS

Gnome34-Thanks for the advice about rotating and wiggling the stem. Ill try this some more. It seems like there is too much play from stem to heater.

Okla68-I don't think im packing it too tightly, as im only using 0.05g per bowl. Thats with the adjustable screen pushed all the way forward to where my herb is touching the basket screen. I feel like it might be underpacked?

Another weird thing i noticed, was when i load the basket screen onto the stem and cover the basket with my finger, i still get air coming in through the sides of the basket when i pull on the stem. In other words, the basket screen is letting air in. This has got to negatively affect vapour production. Anyone else notice the same?

PeteyS,

Gnome34

Gnome34-Thanks for the advice about rotating and wiggling the stem. Ill try this some more. It seems like there is too much play from stem to heater.

Okla68-I don't think im packing it too tightly, as im only using 0.05g per bowl. Thats with the adjustable screen pushed all the way forward to where my herb is touching the basket screen. I feel like it might be underpacked?

Another weird thing i noticed, was when i load the basket screen onto the stem and cover the basket with my finger, i still get air coming in through the sides of the basket when i pull on the stem. In other words, the basket screen is letting air in. This has got to negatively affect vapour production. Anyone else notice the same?

The funky looking metal pick tool that came with the device has a ledge to show you how much to load. It's handy, however you can load as little as you like, just have to turn the temp up as you move further from the heater.

I personally don't like using the basket screens. Just feels off to me, some of my baskets didn't fit properly without being squished and manhandled.

Okla68

Sorry to even comment as I have the OG and its a different animal stemwise, basketwise as the OG from what I can see from pics.

Okla68,

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
Hey there,

Just wanted to say how much I love my XL today.

Just like my OG, it has had a lot of falls from my desk. I use it along the day and quite often the cable entangles with my chair's armrest, then when I rotate the chair it pulls on the whole cable/vaporizer and my baby finishes on the ground. It really is sturdy because it must have happened at least once or twice a week for the last 18 month.

But today, when it fell, I immediatly heard it would not be as harmless as usual. And indeed, when I plugged my baby back, a spark sprang out the tiny light bulb. So I decided to open it and see what I could do.

ezeZKBMY.jpg

Unfortunatly, the AC power socket was broken, and fortunatly I have several replacements as I like to tinker with diy vapes (they are not an ISO replacement, there are a few minor differences).
I replaced it, checked the connections and put everything back in place.

pUbU4XUR.jpg

I like how rudimentary (and efficient) that vape is. I would never have been able to fix it so quickly (and at no cost) if it had been an overly engineered thing with proprietary components.

Au3qLMu1.jpg

Cheers.

Texus

Yeah. The milkshake thru a straw effect is more a factor in logs with smaller diameter stems. The XL and other larger ones are a good deal more open.

As for stem fit, I find that I still get a good enough seal with stock stem. But I'm also more of an open airflow guy. Best seal is probably going to be Ed's stem, but JoDa is also quite nice if you prefer glass. But I will say that the hardwood of Ed's feels great. He really does a killer job sanding and finishing his stems (and PID coil handles, etc).

PeteyS

Its kinda of funny, because this is my first log vape, but it being the XL with he larger stem, it has the most open airflow out of any of my other vapes. Almost too much airflow for my little lungs. I can't pull on it for as long as usually can.

PeteyS,
Reactions: simba
Top Bottom