Dynavap user, who also owns a business. I made a thing, do you guys think its useful?

Sorry if this is in violation, I tried to read all of the forum rules, and I know this is my first post. (Please don't yell at me!)(I'm so nervous!)

Like the title says, I've been in love with my Dynavap ever since I got it last year, hands down only thing I use. Well I came up with a really unique and effective design for a bowl casher, but I have a problem; I am the only person I know who can beta test, and I need some other's help! I have been working on this design for a little over 6 months and am finally ready to release to the public.

Firstly, I want to see if you guys like the design, and would love some input if anybody has any. Secondly I have a few that I would like to give away to people so I can get some honest feedback.

AMWts8B2D4pq6yOzEQ_EDHg5g-3oU4CEFPKvazHRY1GkSip0oXCZWSn7f9Rdfn8Xo-GSF1qGmclrK4qIiDk-l4Tw56DIp2TcIe49AOn7vaMn7f2Gn36p1u7EF6Xueryl47CoyoSEjgvJxGTmSt-ySNDXSGAf=w1245-h937-no

I call it the DynaCash Card. It's laser cut from a wooden business card, and utilizes what we all have TONS of lying around; 1/8th plastic Pop Top Containers. Here it is in action. (Also shown is the Bowl Tamper that comes on the card too!)

Demo Link! (edit: video up as of 12:45 PST)

Details for beta testers: PM me, let me know you want to test. First (3) People get a 100% Discount Code on a set of (2) cards sent through our Etsy shop. You wont pay shipping, and you get a little extra security knowing I am actually a business owner.

I feel like people could benefit from this and would love community input! Thanks again!

Last edited:

Vaporware

Hey, nice idea! Since you asked for feedback I’ll say that I’m not sure the rounded top is the best possible way to get flower out (I’m afraid it could smash flower into the CCD/screen and maybe not be the fastest shape for breaking up the flower), but it probably is the strongest shape so I can see why you might hesitate to change it… :sherlock:

It seems like there’s a lot of empty space in the tube too…I guess if you fill it you could probably move the setup on top of the flower and raise it over time, so maybe this isn’t a big deal, but the tube is maybe a bit tall. I guess that’s just what you have to deal with when you’re fitting things to pre-existing products!

The main issue for me though is that I would want to keep it in my pocket if I used it and that tube looks a bit wide for that. For people who primarily use them at home that size might be fine, it just wouldn’t be the best fit for my use case.

Like I said though, cool design and if it holds up to some use I think there are a lot of people who could make use of it. :)

Vaporware,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Hey, nice idea! Since you asked for feedback I’ll say that I’m not sure the rounded top is the best possible way to get flower out (I’m afraid it could smash flower into the CCD/screen and maybe not be the fastest shape for breaking up the flower), but it probably is the strongest shape so I can see why you might hesitate to change it… :sherlock:
The shape, if you look at the flat card, is square, but with 1 chamferred side, to allow for scraping only 1 of the corners at a time, and to allow the material decompress and grow.
It seems like there’s a lot of empty space in the tube too…I guess if you fill it you could probably move the setup on top of the flower and raise it over time, so maybe this isn’t a big deal, but the tube is maybe a bit tall. I guess that’s just what you have to deal with when you’re fitting things to pre-existing products!
This is an issue of card stock size, I designed this to be cost effective, I can buy these premade cards and batch run them quickly and easily. However, you are correct, just pick up a little and let the ABV settle below the supports. That works for me when it starts to get full. But then again I also have a mason jar I dump into 1-2 times a week.
The main issue for me though is that I would want to keep it in my pocket if I used it and that tube looks a bit wide for that. For people who primarily use them at home that size might be fine, it just wouldn’t be the best fit for my use case.

This is for at home, or in a bag, my next plan is to work on an improved stash that uses this idea, along with a green side that instead of a scraper, has the bowl tamper. This is my night job, so the design is not exactly on the front burner, but as soon as I work out the details in my head I will be posting here.
Like I said though, cool design and if it holds up to some use I think there are a lot of people who could make use of it. :)
I contacted the mods over at /r/vaporents and /r/dynavap, both said this post was against the rules. I am just trying to see if anyone is even interested, or if people think the idea is useless. Maybe I just need to run an Ad and see how it goes?

You guys have been super accepting so far, thanks for the warm welcome!

Vaporware

Hah…sorry, my eyes aren’t great these days. I see the shape now. I still have the same concern about the flat edge pushing flower into the screen, but your experience using it means more than my speculation. :)

If that is a problem at all, maybe try cutting a shallow V or ) shape into the flat edge that touches the CCD/screen?

Anyway, it’s a cool idea to repurpose some tubes that might otherwise be thrown away and I’m sure you can sell some if you get the right eyes on it. Sorry those Reddit groups are…how they are. :rolleyes:

Vaporware,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I don't understand. Why don't you use a metal blade or even a pin?
I contacted the mods over at /r/vaporents and /r/dynavap, both said this post was against the rules.

That was probably a bot, or a bot-like person :rolleyes:

Haze Mister,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Protectionism at its finest. No one has this as a product and it is unique and novel. But ignore me, everyone does LOL I like it and yes, contact George at TeaTime and see if he would be interested in a collaboration. teatime@dynavap.com The contact will help protect your IP now that it is made public.
The shape, if you look at the flat card, is square, but with 1 chamferred side, to allow for scraping only 1 of the corners at a time, and to allow the material decompress and grow.

This is an issue of card stock size, I designed this to be cost effective, I can buy these premade cards and batch run them quickly and easily. However, you are correct, just pick up a little and let the ABV settle below the supports. That works for me when it starts to get full. But then again I also have a mason jar I dump into 1-2 times a week.

This is for at home, or in a bag, my next plan is to work on an improved stash that uses this idea, along with a green side that instead of a scraper, has the bowl tamper. This is my night job, so the design is not exactly on the front burner, but as soon as I work out the details in my head I will be posting here.

I contacted the mods over at /r/vaporents and /r/dynavap, both said this post was against the rules. I am just trying to see if anyone is even interested, or if people think the idea is useless. Maybe I just need to run an Ad and see how it goes?

You guys have been super accepting so far, thanks for the warm welcome!

I don't understand. Why don't you use a metal blade or even a pin?

That was probably a bot, or a bot-like person :rolleyes:
A few reasons.

1) The wood is softer than the metal, no chance to damage the Dynavap screen or inside.
2) This is cheap to produce(all in house), and each card version has lasted me the entirety of use until I made improvements and replaced it. (This one is around 2 months old)
3) Metal is a good idea, and it will be part of v2.0. This will be a stash box with the green side included, and wont use the pop tops. These will use titanium, or stainless parts.

Farid

So from the video I can't help but think that this style wide debowler would push abv into the CCD and lead to clogging. I'd think a much more narrow nail or flat piece of thin metal would work better.

Also fwiw I don't think packing so tight is ideal for the Dynavap. If packed loose a light tap is all you need to empty it.

2pumpchump

this looks to be verry handy and i see you are taking in feedback to improve for your next version ... i think this a grate idea and would love to see you get it up and running be for bigger campiness jump on it

2pumpchump,

badbee

Honestly? No, I don't think this would be very useful. A fat plywood scraper doesn't make any sense to me, especially for Vapcaps which all come with a perfect scraping tool. The cap is right there, inches from your hand, why wouldn't you use it?

SonicBacon

Sorry if this is in violation, I tried to read all of the forum rules, and I know this is my first post. (Please don't yell at me!)(I'm so nervous!)

Like the title says, I've been in love with my Dynavap ever since I got it last year, hands down only thing I use. Well I came up with a really unique and effective design for a bowl casher, but I have a problem; I am the only person I know who can beta test, and I need some other's help! I have been working on this design for a little over 6 months and am finally ready to release to the public.

Firstly, I want to see if you guys like the design, and would love some input if anybody has any. Secondly I have a few that I would like to give away to people so I can get some honest feedback.

AMWts8B2D4pq6yOzEQ_EDHg5g-3oU4CEFPKvazHRY1GkSip0oXCZWSn7f9Rdfn8Xo-GSF1qGmclrK4qIiDk-l4Tw56DIp2TcIe49AOn7vaMn7f2Gn36p1u7EF6Xueryl47CoyoSEjgvJxGTmSt-ySNDXSGAf=w1245-h937-no

I call it the DynaCash Card. It's laser cut from a wooden business card, and utilizes what we all have TONS of lying around; 1/8th plastic Pop Top Containers. Here it is in action. (Also shown is the Bowl Tamper that comes on the card too!)

Demo Link! (edit: video up as of 12:45 PST)

Details for beta testers: PM me, let me know you want to test. First (3) People get a 100% Discount Code on a set of (2) cards sent through our Etsy shop. You wont pay shipping, and you get a little extra security knowing I am actually a business owner.

I feel like people could benefit from this and would love community input! Thanks again!
Sounds interesting, but the photo isn’t loading and the video link is error 404.

Is there another way to check this thing out?

SonicBacon,

InhaleExhale

Honestly? No, I don't think this would be very useful. A fat plywood scraper doesn't make any sense to me, especially for Vapcaps which all come with a perfect scraping tool. The cap is right there, inches from your hand, why wouldn't you use it?
I'm with badbee. If I'm vaping on the go I usually just dump my AVB, don't want to carry around a duff jar. At home the cap's debowler works plenty well. Neat idea, but not for me.

InhaleExhale,

Vaporware

Personally I don’t like the metal on metal scraping that I get with the cap so I’ve often used a toothpick or something, but I get why you’d prefer using a built-in tool.

I actually haven’t used a VapCap with flower since I got the Toad. I still use them with a Dynacoil sometimes for concentrates though, and I still think they can be great options for flower in some situations. :)

Vaporware,

kendon

Sounds interesting, but the photo isn’t loading and the video link is error 404.

I have the same issue, already had it yesterday when others commented like it was still visible. Is there any sort of geo block?

2pumpchump

I'm with badbee. If I'm vaping on the go I usually just dump my AVB, don't want to carry around a duff jar. At home the cap's debowler works plenty well. Neat idea, but not for me.

Personally I don’t like the metal on metal scraping that I get with the cap so I’ve often used a toothpick or something, but I get why you’d prefer using a built-in tool.

I actually haven’t used a VapCap with flower since I got the Toad. I still use them with a Dynacoil sometimes for concentrates though, and I still think they can be great options for flower in some situations. :)
The video was working the other day but not for me now either ..
I agree this product may not be for everyone as I have no need for other products that other people do !
As far as saying anything more about about the product I'm not going to cast my thoughts till mine gets hear ...a picture is worth 1000 words however a bird in the hand 2 in the bush !!!
As I found it to be a cool Ida I purchased one well 1 pack of 2 cards .
If I see something that needs to be altered I will do so and give my thoughts and recommendations as would be low cost ... and planning on staining mine for a exotic look the other sweet thing about wood 💚

Here you go!

this looks to be verry handy and i see you are taking in feedback to improve for your next version ... i think this a grate idea and would love to see you get it up and running be for bigger campiness jump on it
Thanks! I appreciate the support, honestly it comes down to the fact that I get daily use out of this, and I just want to spread the word and see if others can benefit.

I have the same issue, already had it yesterday when others commented like it was still visible. Is there any sort of geo block?
Link Below
The video was working the other day but not for me now either ..
I agree this product may not be for everyone as I have no need for other products that other people do !
As far as saying anything more about about the product I'm not going to cast my thoughts till mine gets hear ...a picture is worth 1000 words however a bird in the hand 2 in the bush !!!
As I found it to be a cool Ida I purchased one well 1 pack of 2 cards .
If I see something that needs to be altered I will do so and give my thoughts and recommendations as would be low cost ... and planning on staining mine for a exotic look the other sweet thing about wood 💚
Yours is shipped, I am also sending you and the other user a note and video on assembly either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the objectional view point, it's a beta test, I don't expect it to be perfect!

On the whole, thank you everyone for the positive, and negative criticism. This is why I started the discussion. In response to the video not being available, not really sure what happened there. Here is a repost of the album, should be shared for everyone to see.

Album Link

And a copy of the photo for quick reference.

AMWts8ALgekRxDs-zs0lNuGZ9ZphkmUnj3_lYLKahRX0UA2mD7lxkVCVA6_FQyRFrQVf5NdTnDoXnLrKJOaB0A3HWaVe_DtxxWmfDVR2iCz_9QxYS8FAkpWoldr8IB8dsYjUQZkzEN6fPfZJ08Z_AstRX01yfg=w1723-h1297-no

2pumpchump

Here you go!

Thanks! I appreciate the support, honestly it comes down to the fact that I get daily use out of this, and I just want to spread the word and see if others can benefit.

Link Below

Yours is shipped, I am also sending you and the other user a note and video on assembly either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the objectional view point, it's a beta test, I don't expect it to be perfect!

On the whole, thank you everyone for the positive, and negative criticism. This is why I started the discussion. In response to the video not being available, not really sure what happened there. Here is a repost of the album, should be shared for everyone to see.

Album Link

And a copy of the photo for quick reference.

AMWts8ALgekRxDs-zs0lNuGZ9ZphkmUnj3_lYLKahRX0UA2mD7lxkVCVA6_FQyRFrQVf5NdTnDoXnLrKJOaB0A3HWaVe_DtxxWmfDVR2iCz_9QxYS8FAkpWoldr8IB8dsYjUQZkzEN6fPfZJ08Z_AstRX01yfg=w1723-h1297-no
what i said about being in my hand was not about my order ... but more about people judging something and not even laid hands on it yet!!!!!!!

my package got hear time to open :rockon:

picks posted later has came in use

20230311-144015.jpg

20230311-143945.jpg

20230308-201817.jpg

20230308-201918.jpg

20230308-201829.jpg

20230308-202004.jpg

20230308-201959.jpg

Not having the correct pop top I made do lol it has came in handy as 1 of my vapes doesn't have diger .
I am assuming you cut/burn these youe self??
If so i notice you should be able to notch the legs and use a left over section of the card as a free stand base . Not sure if time writing a new file same stock so no additional money !!
I have been using it as it came to see what can be improved .I have a few more thoughts but need to test them first .

Please merge post

Not having the correct pop top I made do lol it has came in handy as 1 of my vapes doesn't have diger .
I am assuming you cut/burn these youe self??
If so i notice you should be able to notch the legs and use a left over section of the card as a free stand base . Not sure if time writing a new file same stock so no additional money !!
I have been using it as it came to see what can be improved .I have a few more thoughts but need to test them first .

Please merge post
Noob here, how do I merge?

LeDouxMade,

2pumpchump

Noob here, how do I merge?
that was out of habit in larger treads back to back post are frowned upon smaller treads not as much unless you bring it up being your tread

I'd done this last night not even realizing it was Saint Patrick's day today till I took the photos happy surprise same patrick's day
Testing some stain work for this baby @LeDouxMade what type of wood is theas things made of ?

2pumpchump

Oooh I like that green!
Green being my favorite color of course I had a tuch of (RA) cool green die around sadly just enough for testing on the left over stock .
But no worries got more coming :lmao:.
Back on the original update. And let be reminded that my container is not exactly as intended! But is not floping loose however would spin inside of it sometimes but cheap easy fix a little notch and small rubber band .
Now we have more help holding it together down spin or just fall out .
I use this thing daily as seen from wearing on the debowler .witch is a little wild for a vapcap but perfect for a larger bowl just a few thoughts and updates will be buying more as they make good gifts for diy projects

2pumpchump,
Reactions: TommyDee
Green being my favorite color of course I had a tuch of (RA) cool green die around sadly just enough for testing on the left over stock .
But no worries got more coming :lmao:.
Back on the original update. And let be reminded that my container is not exactly as intended! But is not floping loose however would spin inside of it sometimes but cheap easy fix a little notch and small rubber band .
Now we have more help holding it together down spin or just fall out .
I use this thing daily as seen from wearing on the debowler .witch is a little wild for a vapcap but perfect for a larger bowl just a few thoughts and updates will be buying more as they make good gifts for diy projects
Thanks for the insight Necra, I will check the ruber band fitment while inside of the pop top, if it fits well I will probably be adding the rubber band to the package. Also, at least with how I use mine, I've found that they wear down some, but not more more than this and pretty much stay at that level of wear. My biggest concern with using wood was the chance of grinding off some wood and introducing it into the bowl, I haven't had any issue with that though.

LeDouxMade,
Top Bottom