• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dynacrafts Hand Made Wooden Stems For Dynavap

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
il_794xN.2295194436_cfp3.jpg

Now that I got your attention. Hello I am Rabid Kiwi. I make these Dynavap stems. You can ask me any questions you want.

Here is my shop. Here is my Twitter for all my crafting/video games. I am working on getting some videos up on youtube for you all. But I work 60h a week at my full time job, and make these on my down time. So I am trying to focus on keeping stock up in place of doing videos and advertising like that. I know that my products can speak for themselves, and people will love to show them off.

Each one is a one of a kind. There will be no other like it in the world. I do all this for break even costs. So you all save even more money. This allows me to keep my wood working hobby, and gets you all these one of a kind stems. I will be doing custom orders at some point when I get the store up and running. But I am still working on getting all this set up, and spreading the word about it.

Any feedback is welcome for me. Really you can tell me it looks like a buttplug and you hate it. As long as you tell me what you are looking for. As you can see in my shop I try to make a bunch of different styles so everyone can get something they like. If there is a style that you want me to make I will make it, provided it is not encroaching on some other persons design. If you want x's style then I am going to suggest you order from x. Not to be a dick or anything like that. Just because there is no need to step on toes, I respect their work and hope they do the same to mine.

That is about it. Sorry for the wall of text.

Good Puffing! 07

Last edited by a moderator:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You're welcome to make this style :evil: People seem to like it and they are naturally cool to draw on. I take it you are also not lining your stems? How stable is that species?

49139007998_a18f99a79b_o.jpg

Thank you. Little bit of water based food safe turners finish. A whole lot of love and sanding. It is really hard to put these up to sell because I see them, I want to keep them.... But I am making them for you all.... It is complicated, lolz.

Understand completely. Love making, just can't bring myself to sell them. I will give them away however. Some just call to people.

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
The Marado or Bolivian Rosewood is really tightly grained to start with. Now if you want to get the rich colors like I have in mine you have to find the really rare resin soaked parts. Now it is very allergenic to work with ( but safe to vape if you heat treat it ) so you need go full on with the protection. Dust mask mark up is insane right now so I have to use a Blue "Shop" paper towel, with ear plugs in my nose. It will not kill you, but it is a really fine slick dust that you do not want building up in your lungs.

If you get a high enough resin count with it you can seal the wood in it's resin making it safe for use with vaping but not burning. To do this it takes some time because you have to heat it with out flame, after you are done shaping it. I use friction on the lathe. You know you got it when you tap it and it sound like plastic. Just use some dull 1000 grit wet/dry paper and slowly buff back and forth adding slight pressure. Just enough for the heat. It takes some time to do this so it is the last step you do before you start to finish.

Be careful lumbering or cutting it. Any hard knots and it will jam the saw or kick the wood. It is very hard miz that with the resin and it can have a kick. So cut and drill slow. Don't use stain on it the grain can look like marble and just be amazing. It has a natural rich color, and if you heat treat it correctly it will darken as well as feel like an acrylic. Then you can oil/wax/FSWBF.

Long story short. It is a dream to work with once you get use to it. I do metal work as well, and if you get the high resin rosewood ( Marado ) it is like the aluminum of wood. Light dense strong.

That is a really nice slim look. IDK I really go by the grain and how it is coming out to shape mine. So I will see a good grain pool and I will try and use it to create a couture that highlights the contrast of the grain. I am not trying to sound all posh and higty tighty. But that is what I do. But thank you for the Idea. I may use something like that for the Spacing Guild line. But that is about three months from now. I have four other lines before I get to that one.

Yes it is so relaxing to just sit there and work and build stuff. It is like my little zen garden. Really I just sit there singing off key Stevie Wonder loving life. It is a quiet of the mind, that lets the soul seek form. Adds depth to the experience we call life.... Sorry my minor was philosophy, would of been my major but I did not want to flip buggers for a living lolz.

Peace and Puffs fellow turner. Keep up the outstanding work. 07

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'd be curious how you'd compare my Flowering Quince as a material. It doesn't carry the luster but I do understand about the resin. It brings 'life' to the stem. Not in looks but feel. It has a hard shell due to the extremely tight grain. Working it wet is a new experience. Turns out there is a limited time for harvest.

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
I'd be curious how you'd compare my Flowering Quince as a material. It doesn't carry the luster but I do understand about the resin. It brings 'life' to the stem. Not in looks but feel. It has a hard shell due to the extremely tight grain. Working it wet is a new experience. Turns out there is a limited time for harvest.

I have never used it TBH. I saw the dust in your pic, so going by that I would guess it is a bit harder. I may look into finding some but I already got the wood for the next 6 lines. So it is going to be months before I am ready to buy more wood. I really want to try Pink Ivory, but I can't bring my self to get it. I mostly buy rawish and lumber it my self. I can not spend a grand on a log of Pink Ivory. No matter how bad I want to work with it lolz. I may just have to break down and get a 4x4 of it.

Be earful about sizes when working wet. Things shrink when they dry. I try to work with dry only. But that is just me. There is no right or wrong when it comes to wood working.... Well keeping your fingers is the right way so out side of safety there is no right or wrong.

Good Turning Amigo. 07

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You're welcome to make this style :evil: People seem to like it and they are naturally cool to draw on. I take it you are also not lining your stems? How stable is that species?

49139007998_a18f99a79b_o.jpg

Understand completely. Love making, just can't bring myself to sell them. I will give them away however. Some just call to people.

Kinda reminds one of vintage Dutch Pipes. Any connection?

(Too bad ivory is illegal. A meerschaum rendition wood tip the scale)

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Heritage maybe? :clap: If only meerschaum would survive the o-rings. Great under compression but not expansion. Not too big on ivory. I'm thinking investment grade - gold. If you have a little savings you plan to keep as savings, why not make your money work for you, fashion a pure 24c gold stem. What do you know, useful money! And its not like its going to disappear without someone attached to it going for a world of hurt.

Which reminds me, did you ever answer my question @Rabid Kiwi - are these all wooden stems or are they metal-lined in the complete vape path?

Mono Loco

Which reminds me, did you ever answer my question @Rabid Kiwi - are these all wooden stems or are they metal-lined in the complete vape path?
Nope, I don't think he did! I just visited the Etsy shop. They look nice! Hmmm ... they are refereed to as "bodies", not stems. As such, makes one think they are to be used with the OEM condensers, no? But at the various lengths, I'm thinking that's not the case.

Per the Etsy descriptions: "The Big Makers ( 4" 15mm ), The Little Makers ( 3.5" 14mm ) and the Sand Trout ( 3" 10mm ) are the sizes for this rich wood.

Is the second number the WPA size? (I don't use water pipes, so don't really know these things).

Jonathan, please help us get to know your products better!

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
We now have free shipping!!!!!!!

I refunded all shipping costs to any one who already ordered

Heritage maybe? :clap: If only meerschaum would survive the o-rings. Great under compression but not expansion. Not too big on ivory. I'm thinking investment grade - gold. If you have a little savings you plan to keep as savings, why not make your money work for you, fashion a pure 24c gold stem. What do you know, useful money! And its not like its going to disappear without someone attached to it going for a world of hurt.

Nope, I don't think he did! I just visited the Etsy shop. They look nice! Hmmm ... they are refereed to as "bodies", not stems. As such, makes one think they are to be used with the OEM condensers, no? But at the various lengths, I'm thinking that's not the case.

Per the Etsy descriptions: "The Big Makers ( 4" 15mm ), The Little Makers ( 3.5" 14mm ) and the Sand Trout ( 3" 10mm ) are the sizes for this rich wood.

Is the second number the WPA size? (I don't use water pipes, so don't really know these things).

Jonathan, please help us get to know your products better!

Sorry I was slammed today. Just got home.

No metal other than the tips!

The air flow holes on these are 1/4" because they were originally thought out as just water pipe adapters. You also lose the wood flavor when you put the metal in. So I went through a lot of trouble making these safer by sealing and all that jazz so we can have that hint of wood flavor. This also allows me to use a larger pallet of wood as well.

So no other metal they are made to just work with the tip. I am debating on going up to the 5/16 that is needed to fit all the internals, only then I am limited and restricted by size. As it is now with the freedom of length I can get that little bit extra of grain pool that makes it really pop.

I am not pulling y'alls leg. I get really weird about grain and resin pooling. Like my step father came over today because they opened up one of the wood stores for people to go in. I spent two hours just looking at different grains of wood. One hour to pick the type of wood I wanted, the next picking the grain. Like every one who works there knows the rule of no grain samples for me. Because I will ask for one on every f***( Edit. Idk if it is too unprofessional to drop F'bombs ) thing. So they cut me off. But I had to replace the blood wood I was going to use for the Harkonnen line. It was just too poor in grain style. I did not like it. So I found some rare Zitan that is really going to look nice. Only they did not have much that fit my requirements. So the Barron Harkonnen line may only have 10 to 11 in it. But Goddamn if they do not look sick. Really rich grain and deep black resin pools. Like marble. Got a sneak peak when I am done putting the last of the Liet line in the store here.

See y'all in a few. 07

Jonathan, please help us get to know your products better![/QUOTE]

The 2nd number is the size of adapter it will fit in. But tbh most of them other than the 3" will fit most water pipes. The SandTrout line is more for Honey Plug.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
49291506891_21e43df461_o.png

Left to right, "19" also known as "18" for some reason; "14" Typical bowl adapter; and "10" for things like BB9; and "7.5" rarely heard of in vaping. But the ISO numbers for this exact taper.

I've been using 5/32" bores on mine. More options at the mouthpiece.

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Cool Thanks for that. I started Measuring the OD of the mouth tip and putting it on there as the 2nd number. This way people know the exact size.

The last of The Liet Kynes line is in the store. IDK when I will get back to making that line again. I hope you all enjoy them

Rabid Kiwi,
Reactions: TommyDee

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Wow. Your prices are amazing. I shall probably order one tonight!

Do any of your mouthpiece ends fit a 10mm or 14mm GonG connection?

Last edited:

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
Wow. Your prices are amazing. I shall probably order one tonight!

Do any of your mouthpiece ends fit a 10mm or 14mm GonG connection?
What is the ID of the two parts after the Y. ( that the one will go in. ) Most of the Little Makers will work with the 14mm provided it tapers down a bit. The Sandtrout run around 9-11mm so they should fit fine in there.

Thanks for the compliment. I really love showing off wood grain, and turning. So my love of the art, I do think of this as art, shows in each one. I do not just produce. I study the wood the grain and the resin. Hell today I I had to eat about $100 bucks just because I was unhappy with how the grain was too shallow on the bloodwood shipment. Then go buy some Zitan that has the deep resin pools and grain contrasts that make it look nice. So each one I make I spend quite a bit of time on. Some imperfections are always going to be there. But I try to make every one like fine china.

Good Puffing 07!

Nevermind. I already ordered :tup:
Thank you so very much!!!!

It will be dropped off to the post office at 8 am ish EST tomorrow. Don't spend too much now though. I will be releasing limited lines like this every month or so. I think I can do a three to four year rotation if I can find the right woods.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thank you so very much!!!!

It will be dropped off to the post office at 8 am ish EST tomorrow. Don't spend too much now though. I will be releasing limited lines like this every month or so. I think I can do a three to four year rotation if I can find the right woods.

Cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
I am sorry about this but there is a mix up with your order. Check Etsy, I messaged you. Again I am sorry.

Rabid Kiwi,
Reactions: Ramahs

Mono Loco

@Rabid Kiwi , Always good to have a new maker onboard, especially a passionate particular persnickety one!

Please consider expanding your efforts to accommodate those of us who do not use water apparatuses. Longer stems, for dedicated "native" use, are nice for cooling. There are a few makers offering fabulous wood stems that are "high end", one of a kind pieces, that are priced (accordingly) beyond budget for many, but there are not many basic, simple, more affordable "plain Jane" extended-length wood stems on the market.

Rabid Kiwi

Accessory Maker
@Rabid Kiwi , Always good to have a new maker onboard, especially a passionate particular persnickety one!

Please consider expanding your efforts to accommodate those of us who do not use water apparatuses. Longer stems, for dedicated "native" use, are nice for cooling. There are a few makers offering fabulous wood stems that are "high end", one of a kind pieces, that are priced (accordingly) beyond budget for many, but there are not many basic, simple, more affordable "plain Jane" extended-length wood stems on the market.

How long are you talking about. because I use 3" and a 3.5" that I made for me with out the water. There is a 4" that is only 11mm at the end that is less than 1/2 a inch. After 4" it gets to a point it is just too long lolz.

These have 1/4 holes for air flow so the vapor cools very quickly. That mixed with the wood not heating up like a normal metal body and the vapor is quite cool. I try and make a few smoother stems, and the Sandtrout line is really good for hand held. There are some that are a bit small but they still cool quite well due to the much larger air flow hole. This also makes them hit a bit harder so no need to do the back end heating that can cause you to over heat the wood. I heat about 2 cm up from the end of the cap ( end being closest to the mouth part.) with a slow rotation. But you all can do it how ever you want.

Sorry but yeah how long and how skinny. I am about to finish the ruff outlines for the rest of the Harkonnen line and I will see if I can make a few like how you want. No carb holes though. I keep trying to make it so they do not weaken the structure. But these are made like fine china, they can take a beating, but putting a hole in a pipe and you have to have it really think there. So you are stuck with a basic body type. I like to let the grain pick the body type, and work to highlight the resin and grains with the shape. If I can think of a way to do it with out having to have 1/2" walls then I will do air ports or carbs. But right now not so lucky.

Lightning fast customer service. I'm happy with my order :clap:
Thank you I do all my order processing from 10pm est to 12 pm est. then from 6am est to 7 am est, before I go to work. Mon - Sat is post office at 8am/9am est. I like to stay a head of the curve. I work a full time job as well as do this stuff, so I know if I get behind there is no extra days to catch up. But it is a labor of love.

Good Puffing! 07

Top Bottom