Dreamwood Glow

MrKappus

Hello! I just finished reading through this entire thread and I think I have finally decided to go with an 18 so i can use the pod system. Thanks so much for all your awesome posts and information, it helped me a lot! I use an underdog as my everyday device, and i think the glow is the closest i can get to a portable log.

I was moments away from making the purchase, but realized 420 is coming up soon. Do you all think it would be wise to wait to see if a sale happens?

thanks again.

Dutch-Mic

I was moments away from making the purchase, but realized 420 is coming up soon. Do you all think it would be wise to wait to see if a sale happens?

The previous years they had 420 sales, so I assume that there will be a sale. Don't want to repeat myself too much, but take a look at the cooling mouthpieces if you prefer cooler vapor.

And....please post a picture of your new addition when it has arrived :D

hit&run

You mean regarding heat reduction? Both doing this job quite good. But as no draw is like another for me (and overall i'm so far no scientiist-vaper) it's hard for me to compare in this regard.

What i can definitely say (but not particularly about the cooling MP's) are these three points:

• i do like glass MP's of the Glow 14 more than those of the Glow 18 - just because of the smaller circumference at the top (guess the cooling nub from Lamart shop would fit the Glow 18 nicely)
  • as the 19/26 glass stem of the Glow 18 is more or less a standard MP you can also use MP's of some other vaporizers (Vapwood Lil' Bud / Timber, Lamart Tubo / TetraX / Tetra P80, RBT Splinter, ... MP's should work also with Glow 18)
  • glass MP's of the Glow 14 are good for microdosing - as you can adjust the 'chamber' by choosing the position of the - rimless - basket screen in the MP wherever you want (well, therefor the MP already have to gummed up a bit :) )

Jacer

Hi everyone! I'm looking at purchasing a Dreamwood Glow to be one of my main on the go vapes, as the Splinter Z and TETRAx are great for at home but they don't travel too well because of the glass. I just wanted to get some opinions on using the Glow as an OTG vape and how it might compare to the vapes I already own in terms of cloud size/extraction speed/etc. (I know that comparisons are discouraged/not allowed in vape specific threads so if that last part can't be answered that's fine). Thanks!

Jacer,
Reactions: dimmusp

Kermitt

Order's out, package on its way. With luck I have my Glow RCV 18 V2 Mahogany on Monday/Tuesday.

I am curious, but confident that I will be very satisfied with the Glow.

Of course I have not thought about the cooling glass mouthpiece any more...
But I will order it there again soon anyway, then I will probably make up for it. I will report when I have tested the Glow :-)

Many greetings to Dreamwood for the very friendly contact an support!

Have a nice weekend all!

GerVn_Vap0rist

I will pick my Glow 14 in kingswood with short mp tomorrow or Monday. I’m super excited will my porty vape on the go :rockon:
Order's out, package on its way. With luck I have my Glow RCV 18 V2 Mahogany on Monday/Tuesday.

I am curious, but confident that I will be very satisfied with the Glow.

Of course I have not thought about the cooling glass mouthpiece any more...
But I will order it there again soon anyway, then I will probably make up for it. I will report when I have tested the Glow :-)

Many greetings to Dreamwood for the very friendly contact an support!

Have a nice weekend all!

Kermitt

I also thought about the Glow 14, because it is smaller and I need the Glow more for travelling. Can't imagine that the Glow displaces the GLX Pro, for at home.
In the end I thought that I should be able to handle the size outside as well. I always have a vaporizer with me anyway, so I only need to change the vaporizer/Glow.

Kermitt

I have a few questions.

Do you pull as soon as you press the button or do you preheat the heating coil first? Do you pull consistently? Slow or hard?

I'm new in the business and I'm testing how it works best. So far I pull moderately from the beginning until it gets warm, then I pull faster so the temperature doesn't get too high. In between I let go of the button at some point.

Better ideas :-)?

First impressions are very good in any case. Upwards there seems to be no limit, I like that very, very much. But currently I'd like to reach the lower limit, to enjoy relaxed, a little less warm/hot. Therefore my questions.

I am grateful for suggestions :-)

Dutch-Mic

@Kermitt glad to read you like it! I usually pre-heat for a few seconds and start drawing. After the first hit (and when the coil is still warm) I immediately take another hit. I start around 39 watts and my Max wattage with the wooden mouthpiece is around 42 watts. But yes, the vapor can be warm. I use the wooden mouthpiece in a water piece or outside. For at home:

MrKappus

My glow 18 just arrived and it's exceeded all my expectations. The customer service was incredible, the shipping from Germany to the US was faster than i thought possible, and the product itself is amazing. My daily driver is an underdog (alphadog) with VVPS, and this device at 50w rivals it.

I'm mainly using the jackpods so far and I'm surprised by well they cook the material. So far i've found i like 4.2w the most when using the wooden mouth piece, and flipping the pod around and shaking it up helps it cook evenly. I'm getting A LOT of hits from each pod, and really enjoy the flavor. The pods spill a lot out the bottom, but i think i think it's because my material is dry and finely ground.

I'll take some photos after i've used it more, and have more thoughts about usage.

I also bought a RYOT "PackRatz Medium Carbon Series" to hold the glow, mod, pod stash tube and two spare batteries. While the fit is snug, I really like it.

If you are on the fence about this product, I would recommend getting it. I spent a LONG time researching a new portable and was deciding between this, a ghost, and tinymight.

What i love about my underdog is that it's so incredibly simple but powerful. No moving parts to break, nothing to wear-and-tear, nothing to get destroyed if dropped, just wood and some steel. That's what the Glow is, wood, metal, and in gorgeous package.

The only other vape i could see myself getting after this is the new Nomad 2 coming out, but otherwise, I now have my new portable.

(for reference my first portable was a MFLB, followed by a pax, divine tribe, and then a grasshopper. All my desktops have been log vapes; purple days, aromazap, and underdog for last 8 years)

Last edited:

dimmusp

My glow 18 just arrived and it's exceeded all my expectations. The customer service was incredible, the shipping from Germany to the US was faster than i thought possible, and the product itself is amazing. My daily driver is an underdog (alphadog) with VVPS, and this device at 50w rivals it.

I'm mainly using the jackpods so far and I'm surprised by well they cook the material. So far i've found i like 4.2w the most when using the wooden mouth piece, and flipping the pod around and shaking it up helps it cook evenly. I'm getting A LOT of hits from each pod, and really enjoy the flavor. The pods spill a lot out the bottom, but i think i think it's because my material is dry and finely ground.

I'll take some photos after i've used it more, and have more thoughts about usage.

I also bought a RYOT "PackRatz Medium Carbon Series" to hold the glow, mod, pod stash tube and two spare batteries. While the fit is snug, I really like it.

If you are on the fence about this product, I would recommend getting it. I spent a LONG time researching a new portable and was deciding between this, a ghost, and tinymight.

What i love about my underdog is that it's so incredibly simple but powerful. No moving parts to break, nothing to wear-and-tear, nothing to get destroyed if dropped, just wood and some steel. That's what the Glow is, wood, metal, and in gorgeous package.

The only other vape i could see myself getting after this is the new Nomad 2 coming out, but otherwise, I now have my new portable.

(for reference my first portable was a MFLB, followed by a pax, divine tribe, and then a grasshopper. All my desktops have been log vapes; purple days, aromazap, and underdog for last 8 years)
What made you choose the Glow over the TinyMight?

MrKappus

What made you choose the Glow over the TinyMight?

for me it was this part:

"What i love about my underdog is that it's so incredibly simple but powerful. No moving parts to break, nothing to wear-and-tear, nothing to get destroyed if dropped, just wood and some steel. That's what the Glow is, wood, metal, and in gorgeous package."

while the tinymight is gorgeous and looks like an amazing device, there were too many parts of that could break / go wrong / not function properly if dropped or put in a bag for travel. I am very precious with my stuff, my im also a little clumsy when stoned... The glow is just a chunk of wood and some metal at the bottom. if anything does go wrong, I feel comfortable fixing it myself.

I also didn't like that the build quality seemed to vary from person to person, and there were already some warranty issues. I spent weeks going through all the threads of vapes i was interested in, and this was the only thread with zero negative comments or experiences. Just 16 pages of satisfied customers. that means a lot to me.

The final thing was the jack-pods. I know some people have been using dosing caps with the TM, but the glow seemed to be designed for them to work well. This is mainly for when im not in my house or at my desk where my underdog lives, so i really wanted some sort of pod. I originally wanted a mighty, but i need on-demand vs session.

MrKappus

Here's my first picture. loving it more with each use.

IMG-3613.jpg

Dutch-Mic

42 watts is also my sweet spot with the pods. I use a semi course grind and that results in less spilling through the bottom. Here a picture of the Glow very close to the dutch house of representatives.

The wooden mouthpiece also fits in a 14mm water piece by the way.

MrKappus

great advice, thank you!

I am currently using a two piece "mendo mulcher" that grinds things very finely when dry, and works perfectly for my underdog. Is there another grinder anyone here would recommend that's better suited for the Glow and pods?

I am currently looking at space case since it seems to offer a more course grind. Although the prices are making me apprehensive about buying it on a whim.

As for using a glass piece; mine is 18mm, so the supplied glass stem fits perfectly. Works like a... dream.

thanks again!

Screen-Shot-2020-03-28-at-2-15-50-PM.png

Kermitt

After I had a few days to test the Glow, after several grams of consumption, I found out that it is a great device. The only disadvantage I can think of is that it takes a moment to master it (third parties cannot use it without experience).
Once you have mastered the Glow, it is simply an ingenious vaporizer.

I travel regularly to the USA . There the Glow is of course great, because then I don't have to organize lighter and lighter gas on site. That's why I had the ArGo, but the Glow has more power, and that's what I want :-)

The Glow is also versatile, what more could you want?

Thanks also for the many contributions that helped me to use the Glow properly!

Nevertheless I would like to recommend the DLX Pro to every Glow owner at this point. I think if you have these two devices, you are prepared for almost every situation :-)

Have a nice Sunday

Dutch-Mic

great advice, thank you!

I am currently using a two piece "mendo mulcher" that grinds things very finely when dry, and works perfectly for my underdog. Is there another grinder anyone here would recommend that's better suited for the Glow and pods?

I am currently looking at space case since it seems to offer a more course grind. Although the prices are making me apprehensive about buying it on a whim.

As for using a glass piece; mine is 18mm, so the supplied glass stem fits perfectly. Works like a... dream.

thanks again!

Screen-Shot-2020-03-28-at-2-15-50-PM.png

The Santa Cruz Shredder three piece has a nice, fluffy grind that works perfectly for the Glow. But even the inexpensive wooden grinder from Dreamwood works like a charm and is way cheaper. I never used the Space Case unfortunately so I can't share my thoughts on that one.

After I had a few days to test the Glow, after several grams of consumption, I found out that it is a great device. The only disadvantage I can think of is that it takes a moment to master it (third parties cannot use it without experience).
Once you have mastered the Glow, it is simply an ingenious vaporizer.

I travel regularly to the USA . There the Glow is of course great, because then I don't have to organize lighter and lighter gas on site. That's why I had the ArGo, but the Glow has more power, and that's what I want :-)

The Glow is also versatile, what more could you want?

Thanks also for the many contributions that helped me to use the Glow properly!

Nevertheless I would like to recommend the DLX Pro to every Glow owner at this point. I think if you have these two devices, you are prepared for almost every situation :-)

Have a nice Sunday

Good to read you like the Glow! There's definitely a little learning curve. To me it feels like a battery powered Dobby/Punch/Sticky Brick. The wattage is like the flame size and with the breath we can control also the heat. After finding the right technique it feels natural to use and it gives me so much flexibility. I can do a slower sesh with lower temp hits, or get totally wasted with a few inhalations on a higher wattage. In terms of effects is my most versatile vape I think.

I never used the DLX! It's on my VAS list haha. Enjoy your Sunday :tup:

MrKappus

thanks friend! i got the santa cruz two piece since i like to keep all the material together.

I would love to get the dreamwood one, but i live in the US so unless im making big orders i can't justify the shipping. But if wind up grabbing another glow (which i might soon), i will totally grab one of theirs.

MrKappus,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic
Top Bottom