• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
It may show up later down the road. Probably just sitting somewhere not picked up by usps.

That's what I think too, but if the package was stolen, that person just got a hell of a good set up to dab. Maybe someday the first package will find it's way to my home, but right now I just hope the second one show up in the next month, I got everything to use with the Swich except the Switch itself.

Kins

The switch vapor path doesn't go through electronics or plastic, or does it?....

Kins,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I think someone put a curse on me and don't want me to enjoy my Swich.

After the delays with the missing package from Cream City Vapes, I finally got my package from Dr Dabber with my Electro ball attachment and my Bubble cap.

Tell me @DabberChase do you have a lot of faith that the shipping department did a good job wrapping all this glass so that it can reach me without anymore troubles?

This is what I saw when I opened the door to get my package:

20200903_114505.jpg
20200903_114553.jpg

My poor heart can't take this anymore! Thank God everything was undamaged, the glass was wrapped by experts it seems like, good job Dr Dabber. Now if only I had a Switch to use this thing with! :doh:

20200903_171616.jpg

Now about that curse...
Witch one of you did it? :hmm::sherlock:

hd_rider

Dr. Dabber used to provide their glass pieces in nice foam-lined boxes, like this:
VKYiHFIm_o.jpg

Unfortunately, now they ship their expensive glass in bubble wrap. Packaging matters.

And you used to get new silicone seals with your glass pieces. No more; you're expected to use your original silicone seal with any and all future glass you purchase. In addition, the mouth pieces on their glass are horrible. Initially, the mouth pieces were comfortable to use but then they went to a flat surface with a small opening that was suppose to be used in conjunction with silicone mouth pieces, pieces Dr. Dabber no longer sells:

3QV0pcQp_o.jpg

I used to have a lot of respect for this company as they seemed to be proud of the products they sold. Products were always boxed in premium packaging and came with the silicone seals that needed to be used with them. Now, many of their popular glass pieces are often out of stock for months at a time.

I'm sorry, but I feel Dr. Dabber has gone downhill a bit since they introduced the SWITCH a couple of years back. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my SWITCH and the glass pieces I have purchased for it. I just wish Dr. Dabber would step up their game a bit.

Kins

I love their iso-snaps. I've got more coming today! So much easier than using regular q-tips and a jar of iso. That silicone mouth piece is made by Mouse labs, so I'm confused on the picture above.

Kins,

hd_rider

That silicone mouth piece is made by Mouse labs, so I'm confused on the picture above.

Note the lanyard / strap with the DD logo. These mouth pieces were sold by DD for a short time, at about the same time they started using flat mouth pieces on their glass. They no longer sell the silicone mouth pieces but DD's glass still have the flat mouth pieces, which are not exactly the most pleasant / comfortable / easy to use.

hd_rider,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Speaking of less than great business practices I got am email from DrD the other day saying I could buy extra warranty so I would be covered for 3 years, something that costs this much and saying how they are a premium device should have a 3 year or more warranty as standard. :2c:

Kins

Speaking of less than great business practices I got am email from DrD the other day saying I could buy extra warranty so I would be covered for 3 years, something that costs this much and saying how they are a premium device should have a 3 year or more warranty as standard. :2c:

How long is the standard warranty on the switch?. I'm still thinking of buying one down the road after I try an enail.

Kins,

Kins

They now have a "Flower Bundle" with a leaf induction cup.

The SWITCH: Flower Bundle Includes:

SWITCH
SWITCH: Sidecar Percolator
SWITCH: Leaf Induction Cup
SWITCH: Helix Carb Cap
Honeymat (Large)

I'm still very interested in the Switch. I have to purchase and try an enail first though.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The flower stuff has always been available but it is more for combusters as it gets the ABV black and from all accounts tastes smokey (like shit to vaporists)!

LesPlenty,

Kins

The flower stuff has always been available but it is more for combusters as it gets the ABV black and from all accounts tastes smokey (like shit to vaporists)!

So that's how you know it's done than. Wouldn't you want black ABV because that means you got the most out of it? Unless you want to save your ABV than I guess use a lower temp. The darker it is the more active ingredient is used.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Wouldn't you want black ABV
No, as it tastes too close to combustion, I do not have a switch to try it myself but have heard enough from trusted users that the leaf mode is too close to combustion that it tastes smokey...a great device to get bong smokers to help convert from combustion.

LesPlenty,

Kins

No, as it tastes too close to combustion, I do not have a switch to try it myself but have heard enough from trusted users that the leaf mode is too close to combustion that it tastes smokey...a great device to get bong smokers to help convert from combustion.

Yeah I know but once you reach that point it would be time for a reload of the induction cup anyway. Like all vaporizers I would think maybe there is a trick or learning curve to get everything right. You must be able to turn it down and or use a special cup or something. I know there is a rep around here so maybe they can explain it further. @DabberChase

I mean if it cooks unevenly that's an issue. Turning AVB black is a good thing because you are extracting every last bit without actually burning it or it combusting. Also it can't just turn black immediately, especially at a lower temp. When you start to get that taste though you know it's done with. If there are issues they should be addressed though.

Just read a review where they say only the highest pre-set temp causes the char....

Last edited:
Kins,

justcametomind

Yeah I know but once you reach that point it would be time for a reload of the induction cup anyway. Like all vaporizers I would think maybe there is a trick or learning curve to get everything right. You must be able to turn it down and or use a special cup or something. I know there is a rep around here so maybe they can explain it further. @DabberChase

I mean if it cooks unevenly that's an issue. Turning AVB black is a good thing because you are extracting every last bit without actually burning it or it combusting. Also it can't just turn black immediately, especially at a lower temp. When you start to get that taste though you know it's done with. If there are issues they should be addressed though.
This issue has been around for years.
Consider that vaposhop.com (EU biggest vaporizer reseller) doesn't store the Switch anymore. They still display the item's page telling they don't sell it anymore because they realized it combusts flower, and consequently it's not a vaporizer.
AFAIK the common knowledge in this board is that it is safe for concentrate, flower not so much.
Imho there's not a way to power down induction, or else they don't seem to look for anything like that, unfortunately.

justcametomind,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Kins

This issue has been around for years.
Consider that vaposhop.com (EU biggest vaporizer reseller) doesn't store the Switch anymore. They still display the item's page telling they don't sell it anymore because they realized it combusts flower, and consequently it's not a vaporizer.
AFAIK the common knowledge in this board is that it is safe for concentrate, flower not so much.
Imho there's not a way to power down induction, or else they don't seem to look for anything like that, unfortunately.

It doesn't actually combust though. It reaches a state of pyrolysis which is just at the edge of combustion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrolysis
It never actually combusts. So it's actually the most efficient vaporizer of flower on the market currently.
I learned that from Sneaky Pete,

justcametomind

It doesn't actually combust though. It reaches a state of pyrolysis which is just at the edge of combustion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrolysis
It never actually combusts. So it's actually the most efficient vaporizer of flower on the market currently.

SneakyPete still combusts regularly so imho he is not very concerned if pyrolysis or combustion takes place or not, nor he can appreciate a nasty flavor if he still combusts, imho.

justcametomind,

Kins

All learned from a first impression video, it may not actually combust in scientific speak, but the abv looks like charcoal and smells of smoke (people that only vaporize and do not combust say it is smokey).:2c:

Well I am a former bong smoker, so I may like it anyway.
SneakyPete still combusts regularly so imho he is not very concerned if pyrolysis or combustion takes place or not, nor he can appreciate a nasty flavor if he still combusts, imho.

Facts don't change on account of people being concerned. How do you know if the guy combusts or not?. I've seen a video or two of him just taking one or two hits just for fun and to post a video. Otherwise I haven't seen any recent videos of him using combustion.

Kins,

justcametomind

Well I am a former bong smoker, so I may like it anyway.

Facts don't change on account of people being concerned. How do you know if the guy combusts or not?. I've seen a video or two of him just taking one or two hits just for fun and to post a video. Otherwise I haven't seen any recent videos of him using combustion.
He told so in a recent video on YT, he was with 420vapezone's Troy and Stickstones. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but he told that when he is in Las Vegas he smokes blunts and such. IIRC I remember him telling the same thing in earlier videos too, and IIRC not necessarily in Vegas only. :D
Same thing applies for the Vape Critic.
I'm also fascinated by the induction process, but since the alerts given on the vape, having only access to flower the thing is not suited for me at all. The risk is going back to bongs and "unfuck" combustion. :D

justcametomind,

Kins

He told so in a recent video on YT, he was with 420vapezone's Troy and Stickstones. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but he told that when he is in Las Vegas he smokes blunts and such. IIRC I remember him telling the same thing in earlier videos too, and IIRC not necessarily in Vegas only. :D
I'm also fascinated by the induction process, but since the alerts given on the vape, having only access to flower the thing is not suited for me at all. The risk is going back to bongs and "unfuck" combustion. :D

Or you could just t

Who cares if he combusts once in a while? I understand having only access to flower why you wouldn't want it though. I like everything I've heard about it except for the fact that supposedly the flower part doesn't work as well as the concentrate. However I'd think if the company knew that they would make some upgrades or at least a new "induction cup" and it does look like the have a special induction cup just for flower that I believe was just released. People can just use it a lower temp and if the herb is unevenly "cooked" than that may be a problem with the grind or something else. If or when I purchase the switch I'll mainly use it for concentrates. Coming from a guy who used to smoke bongs all the time I may like it. The taste can't be that bad at lower temps.

@DabberChase Comments please?

Kins,

justcametomind

The body effects the guy is describing is the exact definition of the effects of combustion coming from vaping (strong body effect you suddenly get from flower you couldn’t get from any vape ever before). Same stuff that imho happens reheating a VapCap too much (wow efficiency! Well that is actually pyrolysis ime). The thing costs multiple hundred $ and also at low temp weed seemed pretty scorched and unevenly spent to me. If I still was a smoker I couldn’t care less than buying an expensive device that wouldn’t permit “switching” but still led me addicted to carcinogens.
Still amazed by the technology and the use with concentrates (and lava lamp visuals) but at this point I’ll wait the next take on induction if it’s any better.

Kins

Switch 2.0 ?

This is what turns me off about the product . Only because I'm guessing they named the product "switch" so you could switch between flower and concentrate. So to me that means both ways to use it should work amazing. One way shouldn't be bad enough that a lot of people don't even bother with it. I mean if you purchase it your purchasing the whole thing with all the features. So you are paying for that flower herb vape part of it too. If it was only a concentrate vape I'm guessing it would cost a lot less....Actually there are other e-rigs that do flower also but don't cost $400+.

Kins,
Top Bottom