dotLeaf

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Not alone.
After 2 combustion events first 2 bowls, I had a good run for 8 or 10 chambers. Then I swapped out while warm, took a few minutes so nowhere close to hot, just warm. I got no purple lights but it went almost straight to ready, and got very little heat. Took it out shut it down and tried again same result. Wrong temps obviously confused by resistance or something, but no purple lights. So I left it an hour, came back and tried again and immediately it did the opposite, took too long to heat and combusted.
I don't have to tell people here that combustion is the worst failing any vape could have and is such a non issue with conduction vapes it is hard to grip how they haven't fixed this with v1.5.
Issues NOT resolved by new chip.
@Copacetic this isn't the best device for coming back to a half spent load. The narrow bowl and aggressive conduction means faster extraction and subsequent sessions are not gonna be nice, or worthwhile. Better to consider 3 minutes roughly to finish the bowl, you should get 8 to 10 3 minute cycles per battery (or more if it combusted each bowl, that will save battery🙁).
Wow, so you DO get 8-10 bowls per battery?! That's ~2.5 grams per battery? (If you are loading 0.25g per oven that is)
That is WAY better than ANY of my current vapes!
BTW, I LOL'd at your battery saving combustion technique 😂, sorry, I hope that gets fixed ASAP.
I usually hit the same oven 2 or 3 times, depending on the strain, how tightly I packed it, etc. I think 3 oven loads is a good rough estimate to work off, assuming 2-3 sessions per oven load. You might get 4, honestly I've never tracked it that closely, but I will say that I had it with me in NYC on Saturday night and it worked out great for me, I hit it a few times at night with pot in it, and then swapped to a CBD oven in the AM to help with my hangover, and I didn't need a new battery the whole weekend, though I did swap it as soon as I got home.

I keep a few 18650s charged since I also use an Arizer Air quite a bit, so I always have a fresh one handy.
So 3 to 4 ovens is quite different from 8 to 10, I know you guys are using the DL differently to each other, but I'm surprised there's such a big difference in batt' life between you (unless one of you is emptying half used ovens, or the other is trying to vape the living shit out of every load.....or a bit of both. Or maybe you are just loading very different amounts).

I think I'll split the diff' and assume my own use would be around 6.5 per battery, which is still outstanding at over 1.5g per 18650.

Anyone else care to estimate their ovens/bowls per battery?

Copacetic,
Reactions: BigJr48

QF1994

Wow, so you DO get 8-10 bowls per battery?! That's ~2.5 grams per battery? (If you are loading 0.25g per oven that is)
That is WAY better than ANY of my current vapes!
BTW, I LOL'd at your battery saving combustion technique 😂, sorry, I hope that gets fixed ASAP.

So 3 to 4 ovens is quite different from 8 to 10, I know you guys are using the DL differently to each other, but I'm surprised there's such a big difference in batt' life between you (unless one of you is emptying half used ovens, or the other is trying to vape the living shit out of every load.....or a bit of both. Or maybe you are just loading very different amounts).

I think I'll split the diff' and assume my own use would be around 6.5 per battery, which is still outstanding at over 1.5g per 18650.

Anyone else care to estimate their ovens/bowls per battery?
Ok so to clarify:

I fill the oven (I don't weigh it, so let's assume somewhere around .2g?). I vape the oven 2-3 times. Then I swap in a fresh one for the next time, and vape that one 2-3 times. And then one or two more depending on specific use. So altogether, I'm probably vaping around 1-1.5g depending on how much I fill it and how often I choose to dump the abv and refill. I go at least 2 cycles per oven fill, sometimes 3, especially with CBD-if I'm getting vapor, I'll still use it. In theory, if you refilled the oven after every session, sure, you could get ~2.5g per battery, but you'd be blowing through a lot more material. It all depends on how dark you're taking it.

BeeSawd

Anyone know where I can get replacement silver side panels? (I'd be cool with silver dotaio doors but all I can find is white)

BeeSawd,

maremaresing

Haha, I misread this for a sec' as saying that you got 8-9-10 OVENS from each battery!
So how many ovens do you consume in your typical ~9 session battery life?
Our respective definitions of a session may differ wildly for all I know.
I'm picturing an oven lasting about two of the timed sessions? Maybe 3?
If it's two, and a battery will last for around 4.5 oven loads then that is way better efficiency than any of the 18650 vapes I own!

If a battery lasts less, say for 3 oven loads then that's still pretty good IMHO, especially when we consider the fairly large capacity of the Dotleaf ovens (.25g I think?).
The prospect of one battery lasting through an entire gram would mean a low tolerance user like me would not have to carry a second battery to get through an entire day of fairly heavy consumption! (a gram in a day would be a bit of a white knuckle ride for me, I know, I'm weird, but I'm a cheap date!😏)
How many ovens you get to a battery depends entirely on how you use it. I can clear an oven in 5 rips if I want on temp4. Or in many many sessions on temp1-2.

I don't have to tell people here that combustion is the worst failing any vape could have and is such a non issue with conduction vapes it is hard to grip how they haven't fixed this with v1.5.
Well, I mean I've combusted in every single vape I've owned, save for the miqro. But when a davinci incinerates the oven it is a Problem that gets resolved by warranty (as we saw recently).

Dreuft

So I send the dotleaf back to the shop, I want my money back, 1st vape I have not working, I don't want to heard again about DotLeaf or Dotmod... My trust in this device is dead... I return to dynavap, milaana, tinymight and vapbong 🙏

Copacetic

Ok so to clarify:

I fill the oven (I don't weigh it, so let's assume somewhere around .2g?). I vape the oven 2-3 times. Then I swap in a fresh one for the next time, and vape that one 2-3 times. And then one or two more depending on specific use. So altogether, I'm probably vaping around 1-1.5g depending on how much I fill it and how often I choose to dump the abv and refill. I go at least 2 cycles per oven fill, sometimes 3, especially with CBD-if I'm getting vapor, I'll still use it. In theory, if you refilled the oven after every session, sure, you could get ~2.5g per battery, but you'd be blowing through a lot more material. It all depends on how dark you're taking it.
Well, it sounds plenty for my use case that's for sure.
I picture myself using it pretty much exactly as you've described.
I'm gonna hold off my final decision for a while to see how Dotleaf address the issues that have been mentioned here, but I really hope the Dotleaf works out, as it really appeals.

Vyvern

Hey everybody, I need your advice if possible.

I bought s Crafty+ but I'm still on the 30days return window and I'd like to know if you think I should keep it or return it and get a Dotleaf instead.

I live in an illegal country so I really appreciate the fact that it looks like an e-cig and that it's so pocketable and stealthy, while having removable batteries which are a great addition.

I'm just worried I'm gonna trade too much on the vape quality, the crafty is quick and hits very hard and nicely, it's an overall amazing experience and caps are also super nice to bring around and refill.

Do you think the Dotleaf is more of a sidegrade or a downgrade compared to the crafty+?

maremaresing

I think the S&B stuff is way overrated, to be kind. But to your exact need? Just keep the crafty. You already have it, and you already get the "swappable doses" function. You clearly enjoy it, and probably put a lot of thought into it before the purchase. The only major downside is not being about to swap in a fresh battery, but I have plenty of vapes I can't do that for and I like them for what they offer.

For stealth, you could tell someone a kitkat was an ecig these days and they would believe you. Nobody cares, and are just looking for an excuse to ignore. Plus the crafty looks like a nerdy ecig science experiment anyways.

The dotleaf rips, and 6 months in it's still my most used vape by a wide margin. I have to make myself use the other vapes I have, and my desktops almost never get used. It's fucking awesome.

Compared to alcohol, vaporizers are super cheap. So buy both.

Vyvern

Yeah I think you got the point. I really enjoy the experience with the crafty but the thought of its battery inevitably dying doesn't make me super happy. I guess I'll keep it because of the 3 years warranty (I live in EU so it's "easy" to RMA it) and then I'll see how the market evolved in the next years, I feel maybe Dotleaf is too much of a New product up be tested thoroughly like S&B ones.

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
@Copacetic I think it's closer to 1battery per bowl for me, but some of my batteries are a bit used already. A fresh and full battery can easily last 2 bowl I guess. Will keep an eye on it though.

For the people with inconsistent heat: I suspect the oven connection to be the culprit and since multiple people reported about the cleaning with iso, I made it a habit to at least rub the oven contact on my shirt so no finger fats can be to thick or similar.

It's a shot in the dark but mine works so far :shrug:

Copacetic

@Copacetic I think it's closer to 1battery per bowl for me, but some of my batteries are a bit used already. A fresh and full battery can easily last 2 bowl I guess. Will keep an eye on it though.

For the people with inconsistent heat: I suspect the oven connection to be the culprit and since multiple people reported about the cleaning with iso, I made it a habit to at least rub the oven contact on my shirt so no finger fats can be to thick or similar.

It's a shot in the dark but mine works so far :shrug:
Well, that's more in line with what I experience with other 18650 vapes, but it differs wildly to what others seem to be getting from a battery.
Hopefully you'll get more if you replace your old batt's?
I know temp' settings, packing technique, type of herb, weather and a users general approach to vaping all impact battery efficiency, but 1 oven is so much less than what other DL owners get!
I should start a poll and ask how many ovens everyone gets per batt'!

BTW can anyone point me at the Dotleaf Discord? I can't find it for some reason (not much of a reddit user to be honest, but I'd like to see if there's more DL content over there).
If FC forum rules prohibit posting a direct link maybe someone would be kind enough to DM me a link? or even just a clue as to what to put in the Reddit search string? I've tried various combo's of Dotleaf/Dotmod but can't locate the thread.

Pukka

Well, that's more in line with what I experience with other 18650 vapes, but it differs wildly to what others seem to be getting from a battery.
Hopefully you'll get more if you replace your old batt's?
I know temp' settings, packing technique, type of herb, weather and a users general approach to vaping all impact battery efficiency, but 1 oven is so much less than what other DL owners get!
I should start a poll and ask how many ovens everyone gets per batt'!

BTW can anyone point me at the Dotleaf Discord? I can't find it for some reason (not much of a reddit user to be honest, but I'd like to see if there's more DL content over there).
If FC forum rules prohibit posting a direct link maybe someone would be kind enough to DM me a link? or even just a clue as to what to put in the Reddit search string? I've tried various combo's of Dotleaf/Dotmod but can't locate the thread.

Have been looking to upgrade from my dynavap. Dotleaf seems like a strong contender but the new rogue seems like it can compare as well. Anyone have an input on this that can assist me and my judgement? :)

Rekreation,

BeeSawd

Have been looking to upgrade from my dynavap. Dotleaf seems like a strong contender but the new rogue seems like it can compare as well. Anyone have an input on this that can assist me and my judgement? :)
Don't have a rogue but owned a fierce, fury 2 and potv one and the dotleaf wins in almost every category except flavour at the end of the bowl

Coreshot

I just got my Dotleaf today and my first 2 sessions have been great. I also have a Crafty+ ( better flavor) but the Dotleaf gives a very satisfying hit in a great form factor. The vapor is a bit harsh on temp 3&4, are there any glass nipple stems that will fit? I haven't seen any 510 drip tips that will offer any kind of cooling.

west-elec

I just got my Dotleaf today and my first 2 sessions have been great. I also have a Crafty+ ( better flavor) but the Dotleaf gives a very satisfying hit in a great form factor. The vapor is a bit harsh on temp 3&4, are there any glass nipple stems that will fit? I haven't seen any 510 drip tips that will offer any kind of cooling.
Most dimple stems seem to have male connections like Lamart and RBT. You could use a female/female adaptor but that gets awkward.
Think j-hook, or those mini hydrotube bubblers should work great.
Oregon Glass Blowers do dimpled j-hooks.

Don't have a rogue but owned a fierce, fury 2 and potv one and the dotleaf wins in almost every category except flavour at the end of the bowl
Does the dotleaf go through flower any faster than the others by any chance? Or same rate you would say or close since there’s a faster heat up rate/larger chamber

BeeSawd

Does the dotleaf go through flower any faster than the others by any chance? Or same rate you would say or close since there’s a faster heat up rate/larger chamber
Well the chambers bigger on the dotleaf than the Healthy Rips units units mentioned so it's a tad bit hard to compare but I find the dotleaf to last a lot longer/hit much harder and still not use too much herb but your milage like with everything in this hobby will vary

BeeSawd

I’ve had my Dotleaf for a couple of days now and had a bunch of issues with it.

The chamber/pod does not makcontact properly. Every time I put the chamber in and put it in fully, the device does 3 white blinks. I have to fiddle with the chamber a lot to get to the heating mode. if I hold the chamber pushed down towards the bottom contact, and then triple click, the device starts heating. And moment I let go, it does a triple blink once again and stops.

After a bunch of fiddling and cleaning contacts, I got to the heating mode. My first 2 bowls came out nearly charred and vaped incredibly hot at the #2 setting.

Even though the 3rd bowl was fine, it only worked if I had the chamber at a significant angle (which caused air to leak through the top)

I have written to the company and they are going to ship replacement parts to me directly (Even though I’m in Canada).

Not sure if it’s the gasket or the chamber that’s at fault. There is no visible damage to the gasket.

I’m going to hold off from using the device until the replacement parts arrive.
Mine started doing this last night, still can't get it to heat up 😢

BeeSawd,
Top Bottom