• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

NFC DIY Desktop vape

DocAnchovy

Looks like it needs more balls to eliminate that hotspot.

:twocents:
You’re right. It’s hot and I’ve over tested currently :smug: but later on I’ll get a better screen to hold the balls that would be placed up higher. Current screen is unreliable. Tried some temp control changes using the variable knob on the pcb, and there’s enough variation that I’m calling it good👍. Functionally we’re most of the way there... just need to clean up some wiring.
Latest post before turning it off. Which by the way- 2 hours, no problems.
http://instagr.am/p/CByCsFknL-T/

510vaporent

You’re right. It’s hot and I’ve over tested currently :smug: but later on I’ll get a better screen to hold the balls that would be placed up higher. Current screen is unreliable. Tried some temp control changes using the variable knob on the pcb, and there’s enough variation that I’m calling it good👍. Functionally we’re most of the way there... just need to clean up some wiring.
Latest post before turning it off. Which by the way- 2 hours, no problems.
http://instagr.am/p/CByCsFknL-T/
Fuck ya dude. That thing started pumping out vapor fast!

I wonder if that clip from 7th floor might screw directly into the three screw holes on this soldering iron

DocAnchovy

510vaporent

I really don’t know anything about electronics so this might be an irrelevant thought but this has got me wondering if it would be possible to use the power supply from a soldering iron to power a splinter z heater? This also has me thinking about that dr Dabber ceramic heater you posted and possibly mounting that in a splinter z body and having a sort of mod powered version of this. I love the stuff your doing Docanchovy! Your stuff is inspiring me for sure

DocAnchovy

I really don’t know anything about electronics so this might be an irrelevant thought but this has got me wondering if it would be possible to use the power supply from a soldering iron to power a splinter z heater? This also has me thinking about that dr Dabber ceramic heater you posted and possibly mounting that in a splinter z body and having a sort of mod powered version of this. I love the stuff your doing Docanchovy! Your stuff is inspiring me for sure
I don’t see why not, but if you have a box mod it may be a safer approach. At least for testing.

I’ve actually been chatting with @unklmark about the idea of ceramic heater inside the z body! Could be awesome.

Appreciate the love man, it makes me really glad to hear others are excited to tinker and encourages me right back!. A lot of credit goes to Trey from dougs woodery and of course @unklmark for the spark.

one additional thing, probably last post until the switch back to the original fc site:

all diy builders check out mountainglass.com.. don’t get robbed on eBay or head shops for some glass joints and stems. Future builds will definitely use some parts from here and I can report back on quality. I have seen other diy posters use and recommend them.Here’s a good example of a useful part. And look at the costs! 👀

Hippie

Here is another spot for glass parts that are borosilicate. Standard Duran 19/26 Glass Cone

Thank you :clap: :nod: :tup:
I've bought a few of them and their other sizes to test out and discovered the stem of the 14mm male ones is just big enough to take a Vapcap tip so I've now got 3 logs that plug into the same 936D soldering iron controller for temp control, one that takes Vapcap tips and stems, one with an 18mm male fitting, and the 18mm LSV glass one to choose from depending on the mood (bowl size requirements :lol: )

And also made a few 18mm male and female G43 style ones with 316L SS coils instead of the soldering iron that I can power via boxmod or PSU (or battery) and a step down - that are working rather well too :)

Top Bottom