NFC DIY Desktop vape

Hippie

I think something got lost in translation there
Leads = wires
(Not lead ones)

Nice DiY Herbo XL
I make DiY G43 style vapes which are pretty similar (coil surrounded by glass beads in a tube)
I find 3 way glass adapters are easy to build with (and post the wires in thro the side arm) and can be built to work either way up. Whip adapters work great too if you don't mind cutting some air inlet holes in the side.

Duck

that looks good for a fallout edition.
what should the vape do?
would rather align myself towards heating foils.

Mikroweed Duck,
Reactions: DocAnchovy

DocAnchovy

Mica flakes.
Really, as you inhale? What’s causing it to flake? I thought a few popular vapes used mica in their heating elements.

edit: I found a source that appears Credible reinforcing what you mentioned.https/nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/1659.pdf

not using mica, I think the design would still be feasible, say with ceramic

Last edited:
DocAnchovy,

DocAnchovy

that looks good for a fallout edition.
what should the vape do?
would rather align myself towards heating foils.
Ideally just hot on demand unit to place above a packed bowl or below whip wand. Purely asking, if this is dangerous then scratch it. The example is also very large, but we could diy a smaller version.

DocAnchovy,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Really, as you inhale? What’s causing it to flake? I thought a few popular vapes used mica in their heating elements.

Mica is particularly brittle making for fine mica dust when you disturb the coils or even handling the device. Not something I want settling in my lungs if I can help it.

DocAnchovy

So the ssv and ditanium are fancy soldering iron vapes?
yeah, which for their price point isn’t crazy.. at least when they are on sale. I think around or under $200 the ditanium and ssv are worth it.
But if you can diy I don’t think it’s that difficult to replicate the function.

Then on Instagram I was just advertised this Onsen vape which I’ve never seen before, but is very aesthetically pleasing, and ideally the direction my diy would go. Once again, just a ceramic rod heating element. :cool:
52C5A92A-2F60-4CAB-BFF8-613295125B0D.jpeg

And here’s a link to a video on their Instagram.

DocAnchovy

is certainly simple and effective. glass tube, ceramic element finished
:doh::tinfoil:

Right!? It’s crazy how minimalist it can be!

it’s also almost like my cookies are being tracked and Instagram knew to advertise that to me... lol... but anyways...

Over the next few months I will try my hand at something very similar to this, likely with influence from many of the other posts and suggestions here. Need to order some of the 110v elements, or may get a soldering iron with power dial and cord already wired in and just remove the cover (?)

Duck

in my 230V video I only tested the element. wood drilled in, glasror with o rings in one hole and the elemen in the other hole. I was looking for a controller, it is really difficult to find something clever. i'm waiting for the glassblower that makes my body.

he has no time yet.

Hippie

I put an LSV heater cover in a cup to make an LSLV (light saber log vape :) ) with a 900 series soldering iron element inside

I suspect they all use dimmer switches and forget about wiring up the thermocouple as I've had to take it to the top end of the scale using the 900 series soldering iron controller and wrap the element in SS mesh to make cloudz in my initial tests
Not tested it with a dimmer switch yet - I want to try another element in there 1st as I think the one that came with the cheap soldering iron I got from eBay heats up in a different position on the rod than others I've seen so the heat source may just be too far away with the element I have at the moment ... and I've not filled it up with balls yet lol
I've been too busy messing around with enail coils and quartz diamond knot banger things and the Elev8R heater with some boro glass balls thrown in, this week :science:

Duck

I have not yet tried it with a soldering station controller. it was not clear to me that this 230V output. I then took this to try. digital from 0 to 230V there is not really anything. I can't use any faults in the power grid. with the abbreviations of the elements and vaps I can not keep up. googel translator is not that great .. but you won't get any better reading.

The last on link..

Mikroweed Duck,
Reactions: DocAnchovy

DocAnchovy

I put an LSV heater cover in a cup to make an LSLV (light saber log vape :) ) with a 900 series soldering iron element inside

I suspect they all use dimmer switches and forget about wiring up the thermocouple as I've had to take it to the top end of the scale using the 900 series soldering iron controller and wrap the element in SS mesh to make cloudz in my initial tests
Not tested it with a dimmer switch yet - I want to try another element in there 1st as I think the one that came with the cheap soldering iron I got from eBay heats up in a different position on the rod than others I've seen so the heat source may just be too far away with the element I have at the moment ... and I've not filled it up with balls yet lol
I've been too busy messing around with enail coils and quartz diamond knot banger things and the Elev8R heater with some boro glass balls thrown in, this week :science:
I bet filling Boro balls will make a big difference. That is one thing I’d like to incorporate as well... waiting on 30 ruby ones from China, maybe another few weeks. Wish I got double that now lol

510vaporent

7th floor has on their site a heater stand upgrade kit for $12 which is what the heater cover mounts to. The DBV heater cover is $20. Then you can buy a temp controlled soldering iron with ceramic heating element for like $30... that’s the route I would go. Alternatively you might just buy the parts from 7th floor and the heating element and a dimmer switch and be all set??? Is is that simple really?? I already have a flowerpot as my main desktop but this just seems like fun to me lol

DocAnchovy

7th floor has on their site a heater stand upgrade kit for $12 which is what the heater cover mounts to. The DBV heater cover is $20. Then you can buy a temp controlled soldering iron with ceramic heating element for like $30... that’s the route I would go. Alternatively you might just buy the parts from 7th floor and the heating element and a dimmer switch and be all set??? Is is that simple really?? I already have a flowerpot as my main desktop but this just seems like fun to me lol
All prices I could find with decent shipping for ceramic elements were about $5-10 a piece so I just purchased some $10 soldering irons off amazon. Temp control, and when taken apart it all looks like what we want. Need some boro balls and to get a rough housing setup but I could get a prototype running this week. Link to amazon41E13537-5A23-4A98-B30D-BDB73676E3B0.jpeg583CFE61-48E2-48A7-A1F8-9C981F6B8421.jpeg

DocAnchovy

E81F8EFD-881B-40C2-A1AA-BD9AA5F85D4C.jpeg
heat dissipates too quickly but once I can get some boro balls we may be in business. I’m thinking of housing it in a splinter z body... but that’s down the road.

Duck

congratulations the angle does not quite fit.
Temperature control?
with what? the soldering iron itself has none?
where did you get y gas part from?
boro balls where do you order them? haven't found any.

DocAnchovy

congratulations the angle does not quite fit.
Temperature control?
with what? the soldering iron itself has none?
where did you get y gas part from?
boro balls where do you order them? haven't found any.
this is very rough,angles will be changed. The “temp control” dial on the soldering iron. Can be adjusted similar a dimmer switch. Glass and boro balls from dhgate. Waiting on the boro.

Hippie

Like :tup:
I made couple like that (with an 18mm claisen and an MA2/3 (with a bigger fitting at the top)) with the element coming down from the top and air coming in from the sidearm, which worked OK with balls or SS mesh in there to spread the heat.

Lots of sellers of boro sterilisation beads and column packing on the auction site
It's a bit of a lottery as to whether they'll be soda glass or not tho to be honest

DocAnchovy

Thanks again! I am going to order these parts now actually.

additionally, There is also a deal on their site for 15% off a basic elev8r and wpa.

Top Bottom