NFC DIY Desktop vape

DocAnchovy

Hello everyone, curious if any have attempted to put together a diy on a desktop vape using similar heating elements to these Ceramic heating elements. These seem very similar to the core of a ditanium, which brought on the idea that it could be made with very basic parts. Any discussion would be great! Thanks.

Hippie

7th Floor use something like that in their Silver Surfer, Da Buddha, Super Surfer, and Life Sabre vapes
Or there's the Onsen labs pro desktop which definitely isn't a rip off of any of those lol

They also sell spare parts for said vapes which makes it pretty easy to knock up something functionally similar yourself.

Here's a really old thread dedicated to using a soldering iron element with 7th Floor spares from the old FC that you might find useful

DocAnchovy

7th Floor use something like that in their Silver Surfer, Da Buddha, Super Surfer, and Life Sabre vapes
Or there's the Onsen labs pro desktop which definitely isn't a rip off of any of those lol

They also sell spare parts for said vapes which makes it pretty easy to knock up something functionally similar yourself.

Here's a really old thread dedicated to using a soldering iron element with 7th Floor spares from the old FC that you might find useful
Solid, thank you!

DocAnchovy,
Reactions: Hippie

DocAnchovy

I think you have some catching up to do from the old FC site @DocAnchovy - Logs is not something I've been successful at only in that I've had other projects.

I know @blokenoname will guide you well.
You’re right lol, less than 2 years vaping but only portable devices. Just found some solid threads that @blokenoname transferred over here regarding his log diy’s

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Enjoy your project @DocAnchovy - Glass is always nice if you aren't dangerous around hot glass. I have enough scars to avoid a venture in that direction. I'm into induction heating in my DIY efforts. I'd like to see an IH Vape proper but they seem to be more convenient as heatless torches.

DocAnchovy

Enjoy your project @DocAnchovy - Glass is always nice if you aren't dangerous around hot glass. I have enough scars to avoid a venture in that direction. I'm into induction heating in my DIY efforts. I'd like to see an IH Vape proper but they seem to be more convenient as heatless torches.
Thank you @TommyDee , that's a whole other project I've been thinking as well...

One rough idea, which I read another user going in the similar direction, is to fill a glass tube/wpa with quarts beads mixed with either metal balls or with wire woven throughout (similar to g43). However, the IH coil will be surrounding this tube and in theory will heat the wire/balls. I need to see what other members have been discussing on the topic.

Hippie

A few more

VripTech heat wand

Herb iron

I think they work bestest when wrapped in SS mesh to help with the heat transfer
Boro glass or quartz balls work well too and are a popular choice at the moment, altho they do slow things down a little you may prefer the flavour and density the balls create.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Duck

My first project was an all glass halogen and now I found some Aspen wood for my next halo project. Amazon.com: Universal Soldering Heating Element Core, Soldering Iron Heater Ceramic 110V/220V 60W((110V)): Home Improvement This is the heating element that goes into the Ditanium.
nice do you have a video of how it runs? are you sure that the heating element is the ditanium? I may order the times to check a fastening.

QUOTE="Hippie, post: 2754, member: 126"]
Just noticed the Heat Wand link ^^ is wrong :doh:

[/QUOTE]
thanks now i have found the last part of the g43 that i made from bamboo.
it is normal for the heating element to pulsate with the vape. why do they glow here and with ditanium at all?
mine doesn't glow anywhere and has plenty of air in the heating pipe. I hope my glass cover will work.

Last edited:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
nice do you have a video of how it runs? are you sure that the heating element is the ditanium? I may order the times to check a fastening.

QUOTE="Hippie, post: 2754, member: 126"]
Just noticed the Heat Wand link ^^ is wrong :doh:

it is normal for the heating element to pulsate with the vape. why do they glow here and with ditanium at all?
mine doesn't glow anywhere and has plenty of air in the heating pipe. I hope my glass cover will work.
[/QUOTE]
Yes I took my Ditanium apart and the heating element is exactly the same.
Here is my handheld Halo Vasorizer. Now with Sinolec bulb holders from the UK. Ceramic G4 Lamp Holder | G4 Low Voltage Lamp Holder This is how I build my hand held Halo Vasorizer using Sinolec bulb holders that are RoHS compliant up to 250f. My wiring stays cool because the bulb is outside the glass in a SS tube I cut from a Volcano easy valve. SS has a lip that keeps the SS tube around the bulb and above the 18mm male glass heater cover.

Attachments

• DSC02067.JPG
    DSC02067.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

DocAnchovy

Yes I took my Ditanium apart and the heating element is exactly the same.
Here is my handheld Halo Vasorizer. Now with Sinolec bulb holders from the UK. Ceramic G4 Lamp Holder | G4 Low Voltage Lamp Holder This is how I build my hand held Halo Vasorizer using Sinolec bulb holders that are RoHS compliant up to 250f. My wiring stays cool because the bulb is outside the glass in a SS tube I cut from a Volcano easy valve. SS has a lip that keeps the SS tube around the bulb and above the 18mm male glass heater cover.

Thank you for sharing! And great to know about the ditanium, I was 90% sure and you pushed it to 100%.
An alternate glass piece I’m brainstorming while waiting on parts to get in, is if one put the ceramic heating rod in the body of a 90 degree whip attachment. Wires can be fed out the whip end, however this would also be the air intake so it’s not the best idea.

DocAnchovy,

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Thank you for sharing! And great to know about the ditanium, I was 90% sure and you pushed it to 100%.
An alternate glass piece I’m brainstorming while waiting on parts to get in, is if one put the ceramic heating rod in the body of a 90 degree whip attachment. Wires can be fed out the whip end, however this would also be the air intake so it’s not the best idea.
The wire insulation can be stripped off and apply one glass tube over one of the wires so the wires don't cross. Glass Draw Stem

DocAnchovy

55925372-3D14-4A7E-A7AA-596D7A47C9D3.jpeg A1099F76-0051-4404-858B-1235693440C2.jpeg
What’s everyone’s thoughts on upcycling Some old ceramic or titanium dab nails in these projects? Anyone try already? I was thinking of attaching Leads to the ceramic, or wrapping it in some kanthal to see what resistances it gets to.

I imagine it would take a bit to get an entire ceramic nail up to heat, but once it’sreached that could be incredible- not to mention it is already sized to fit.

The titanium nail I am less sure of, but similar concept of wrapping a coil.

just looking through some of my shoeboxes of glass parts:rockon:

DocAnchovy,

Duck

what are you planning there? Do you want to charge the ceramic as a radiator? With lead? I would strictly advise against lead! wire coil around titanium? without short circuit? show the parts where it should be installed.

TEST glass heater

DocAnchovy

what are you planning there? Do you want to charge the ceramic as a radiator? With lead? I would strictly advise against lead! wire coil around titanium? without short circuit? show the parts where it should be installed.

TEST glass heater

Yes, the ceramic pieces as a radiator of sorts. Mostly curious how manageable that would be..

And connecting wire-leads (not lead!) to it, or to a coil wrapped around it.

the ti I still have no real plan for..

DocAnchovy,
Top Bottom