Divine Tribe atty's

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
After 5+ years of considering a Divine Tribe setup I finally pulled the trigger on a V5 now that there's tons of great THCa concentrate available online. Am I gonna be disappointed that my USB-C Pico Plus doesn't have autofire? Been using manual vapes like the milaana/zionm/tinymight 2 for years now so I'm thinking it shouldn't be a big deal.

Cheesequake,

bigmike

After 5+ years of considering a Divine Tribe setup I finally pulled the trigger on a V5 now that there's tons of great THCa concentrate available online. Am I gonna be disappointed that my USB-C Pico Plus doesn't have autofire? Been using manual vapes like the milaana/zionm/tinymight 2 for years now so I'm thinking it shouldn't be a big deal.
I just got a quest lightning and I'm using it on a geekvape legend and it took a couple days but I'm digging it.

Pukka

Before I got my DNA mod I used several Asmodus mods with useable temp control but without autofire. It work, please don't get me wrong, but once you try autofire you'll not want to go back.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Before I got my DNA mod I used several Asmodus mods with useable temp control but without autofire. It work, please don't get me wrong, but once you try autofire you'll not want to go back.
That's kinda what I've been reading from everyone. Will probably snag an autofire mod once I get it and test it out for a while.

Cheesequake,

vape4health

Anyone else wish the DTv5 had a "seal" at the top like orbit has. Essentially a fat oring could touch the glass and the top of the cup to block the base and glass from seeing vapor condensation on warm up or splash over. No idea on temp safety but a silicone funnel instead of oring would drip splash over back in the bucket and seal. Maybe ceramic? Just dumb thoughts.

vape4health,

simba

@weedanwine
I just got a quest lightning and I'm using it on a geekvape legend and it took a couple days but I'm digging it.
Just ordered one of these too. I'd been interested in the original Quest but knew I'd break the glass top, so a metal top for the lightning was a nice change for me.

Andjoe

Does anybody here have feedback on the Quest Lightning Diffuser Kit w/ EZ Power Supply? I will admit I have been impressed with the early reviews of the Focus V Aeris, but at a fraction of the price, this seems to do everyone I would use the Aeris for.

Andjoe,
Reactions: Kaptan

simba

@weedanwine
I don't have the EZ power supply, but recently received my Quest Lightning and the first few tries have been nice!

simba,

Kaptan

Does anybody here have feedback on the Quest Lightning Diffuser Kit w/ EZ Power Supply? I will admit I have been impressed with the early reviews of the Focus V Aeris, but at a fraction of the price, this seems to do everyone I would use the Aeris for.
I’m in the same boat. I have the Core 2.1, but want something a little more portable. Both the Quest lightning diffuser and Focus V Aeris look like good contenders. Although, I have read that some have complained about short battery life on the Aeris.

Kaptan,

simba

@weedanwine
I feel like that's a different class of device, not in terms of quality but just bulk/weight. If you put the Quest on a compact mod then you've got a much smaller package than the Aeris.

simba,

Kaptan

I have put in my order for the quest lightning and EZ power supply. Wanted something a little more compact than the DTv5.
Any update on this? Curious to know your thoughts on this combo I’ve been considering. Thanks!

Kaptan,

darbarikanada

Does anybody here have feedback on the Quest Lightning Diffuser Kit w/ EZ Power Supply?
matt posted a video of himself using one (I lost the link...), got 4 or 5 rips off one load. the lightning pen's good for 1 or 2 rips; I own one, love the flavor, but its tiny capacity means reloading if you want more than 1-2 hits - not an issue at home, but a pain if I'm out and about (e.g. in my car). this new product looks brilliant - I ordered one.

darbarikanada,

Andjoe

matt posted a video of himself using one (I lost the link...), got 4 or 5 rips off one load. the lightning pen's good for 1 or 2 rips; I own one, love the flavor, but its tiny capacity means reloading if you want more than 1-2 hits - not an issue at home, but a pain if I'm out and about (e.g. in my car). this new product looks brilliant - I ordered one.
Are you able to drive and dab safely?

Andjoe,

darbarikanada

Let us know what you think when you get it!

Any update on this? Curious to know your thoughts on this combo I’ve been considering.
based on a couple tries I'd say Matt hit it out of the park with this. it's like a lightning pen with much bigger (3X?) capacity. it also has 2 functions I don't think(?) the lightning pen has: you can hold the power button to heat, and a single click shuts off auto-fire. it also seems very efficient; I was surprised how many hits (what I'd call) a medium-sized dab produced, and the taste of the last hits wasn't bad. 5 stars!

Andjoe

Worth noting that someone on Reddit posted photos today of their EZ power supply melting it’s USB-C socket while charging. There is speculation about the charging adapter but not really resolved yet.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My lightning quest and EZ battery has arrived. Had a few goes and have some first impressions. I think i will give feedback separately, as to me they are completely seperate products and i have quite different views on each.

Lightning quest:

This improves on the lightning pen and on the v5 in my opinion. The tall bucket makes it less likley to spill than a V5. A much simpler design than the V5 with less parts, gotta be a bonus. The lightning pen was prone to bubbling over, the extra size of the lightning quest cup means i have not bubbled over once. The lightning quest is a winner for me. Its improved on two products that were already pretty cool.

EZ battery:

I am not too sure about this. There was surprisingly a learning curve in using this right.

First time i used it i was outside on a bright day. The color indicator is not easy to see. I did not realise when you hold the fire button you need to wait and the light flashes then you hit. I really think vibration would make the whole thing easier.

I dont like the button. This is something i will be pressing a lot, and it feels cheap. I want something the has a firmer press with a good click.

The case of the EZ battery is plastic not metal. It feels light. A metal case would have made the battery feel better and would have matched the quest better.

First couple of goes i over cooked the bucket. Later using the EZ battery i was getting my technique dialed in nicely, and not coughing. Once you know what you are doing you could get consistant tasty hits.

The test material was not great. Trying to use up some old rosin i never seem to finish. Next go i will try with the good stuff and report back.

In summary Light Quest is great.

The EZ battery might grow on me. However if i had my time again, i would get a pico. In fact i looking for a good deal on picos as we speak.

darbarikanada

when you hold the fire button you need to wait and the light flashes then you hit.
I did a couple cycles with the cap off to get a sense of the timing. when I did the 'hold the fire button' it took a few seconds before it started producing vapor. it seems like the better option is to double-click for the auto-fire, then do a quick click to stop it when you're done with your hit - it's like a 'hold the fire button for custom-size draws' without having to hold the button down.

darbarikanada,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
My Hubble just broke. ☹️ (On the inside! Not sure how or why it happened, it just started rattling when I took it off its stand).

Before I order another one from Matt, I thought I'd ask everyone's opinions about the small (14mm) HydraTube and how it compares to the Hubble. I plan on using it with both my V5 and QQ/Lightning, but only at home, not when I'm out and about. Does the small HydraTube work any "better" than the Hubble? Does the 18mm large HydraTube work much better than either of the 14mm ones? I already have a 14mm stand from the Hubble which would go to waste if I get an 18mm HydraTube (plus the cost of an 18mm stand). In either case I'm VERY concerned that the mouthpiece on the HydraTube (both sizes) is just too fragile for my natural clumsiness.

And while I'm asking, is there a different glass water pipe you'd recommend over either the Hubble or the HydraTube?

Thanks!

Haywood,
  • Sad
Reactions: Madtater

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My Hubble just broke. ☹️ (On the inside! Not sure how or why it happened, it just started rattling when I took it off its stand).

Before I order another one from Matt, I thought I'd ask everyone's opinions about the small (14mm) HydraTube and how it compares to the Hubble. I plan on using it with both my V5 and QQ/Lightning, but only at home, not when I'm out and about. Does the small HydraTube work any "better" than the Hubble? Does the 18mm large HydraTube work much better than either of the 14mm ones? I already have a 14mm stand from the Hubble which would go to waste if I get an 18mm HydraTube (plus the cost of an 18mm stand). In either case I'm VERY concerned that the mouthpiece on the HydraTube (both sizes) is just too fragile for my natural clumsiness.

And while I'm asking, is there a different glass water pipe you'd recommend over either the Hubble or the HydraTube?

Thanks!

Personally speaking, I’ve tried a few bubblers smaller than the Hubble, but none were ever as good. Mostly due to them holding less water. So the Hubble is MY favorite bubbler type. I wouldn’t want to be bothered using ground glass adapters either, when using these types of add ons. As far as glass rigs, you should look at the thread specifically for those. Good luck!

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom