Divine Tribe atty's

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
May want to consider using new thread specifically for LIGHTNING PEN:

RustyOldNail,

farmerpalmersnt

To be honest I haven't really tried. I get decent enough results with the pen and that helps the pocketability.

farmerpalmersnt,

2tiki

Deciding between the LP and the V5. I mostly vape flower, but probably go through about 1g per month of wax/sauce/shatter or some other form of concentrate. For a while I've mostly been using an electronic nectar collector style device, but I never would have bought it if I new I'd need to replace the coil so often. From what I've read, the V5 may never need anything replaced as long as I keep it clean. Would you say that's the same for the Lighting Pen? About how many sessions should be expected before anything needs replacing?

I couldn't figure out what type of batteries the LP takes. Is the battery user replicable? If so, what type does it use? If not, about how many sessions before needing to recharge on average?

I usually to through about 1-2 grains of rice sized dabs each session, and from what I read here on FC, it sounds like most people only load up about a 1/2 grain of rice sized dabs in the lightning pen. So that is one reason I'm thinking maybe I should go for the v5. But I don't already have a box mod, so the whole set up will probably cost around twice as much if I get a V5. I also really don't like "messing" with electronics, such as having to figure out how to modify a mod for AF, and then run through all sorts of tests to figure stuff out to eventually be good at getting hits, so that makes me lean more towards the Lightning Pen.

It will all be for home use, but I still prefer something not tethered to the wall or anything bulky.

If I end up getting the V5, I noticed they sell a Pico 2 with autofire added to it, is it worth paying $65 for their version with the autofire? Since I've never used a mod for anything, I don't really understand the importance of that. Should I assume that if I get the V5 with their version of the Pico2 that there won't be that big of a learning curve to use it properly?

2tiki,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Deciding between the LP and the V5. I mostly vape flower, but probably go through about 1g per month of wax/sauce/shatter or some other form of concentrate. For a while I've mostly been using an electronic nectar collector style device, but I never would have bought it if I new I'd need to replace the coil so often. From what I've read, the V5 may never need anything replaced as long as I keep it clean. Would you say that's the same for the Lighting Pen? About how many sessions should be expected before anything needs replacing?

I couldn't figure out what type of batteries the LP takes. Is the battery user replicable? If so, what type does it use? If not, about how many sessions before needing to recharge on average?

I usually to through about 1-2 grains of rice sized dabs each session, and from what I read here on FC, it sounds like most people only load up about a 1/2 grain of rice sized dabs in the lightning pen. So that is one reason I'm thinking maybe I should go for the v5. But I don't already have a box mod, so the whole set up will probably cost around twice as much if I get a V5. I also really don't like "messing" with electronics, such as having to figure out how to modify a mod for AF, and then run through all sorts of tests to figure stuff out to eventually be good at getting hits, so that makes me lean more towards the Lightning Pen.

It will all be for home use, but I still prefer something not tethered to the wall or anything bulky.

If I end up getting the V5, I noticed they sell a Pico 2 with autofire added to it, is it worth paying $65 for their version with the autofire? Since I've never used a mod for anything, I don't really understand the importance of that. Should I assume that if I get the V5 with their version of the Pico2 that there won't be that big of a learning curve to use it properly?
Been using Divine Tribe gear for a long time. Have both V5 and LP. Battery is not replaceable in the LP and load size is small, but for occasional use its fine. V5 is more serious and the mod platform allows for many options to deliver power. Setting up the mod can be tricky - but if you get AF pre loaded you can change most every setting on the mod itself. If I could only have one or the other, it would be the v5.

2tiki

Been using Divine Tribe gear for a long time. Have both V5 and LP. Battery is not replaceable in the LP and load size is small, but for occasional use its fine. V5 is more serious and the mod platform allows for many options to deliver power. Setting up the mod can be tricky - but if you get AF pre loaded you can change most every setting on the mod itself. If I could only have one or the other, it would be the v5.
Thanks for the feedback. The pico they sell has the ability to autofire, but I don't think it has arctic fox on it. Do you think I'm better off getting a mod that I can run AF on it? Also, have you needed to replace any part of your V5 or LP yet?

2tiki,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thanks for the feedback. The pico they sell has the ability to autofire, but I don't think it has arctic fox on it. Do you think I'm better off getting a mod that I can run AF on it? Also, have you needed to replace any part of your V5 or LP yet?
Ahh - I see, it's part of the stock firmware. The auto fire capability is not really why I use AF - the PI regulation is much better than the stock firmware at doing temperature control, but many people have great success using the stock firmware (still lets you change TCR values etc). Loading the AF firmware is not difficult, but requires a windows based PC, but it looks like the pico 2 doesn't support reflashing with AF. I have not replaced any parts of the V5 or LP at this point and I have a fair number of donut coils from my v3 days that I bought but didn't need...

kegstandman420

Been using my lightning pen atomizer on the cub with great success. I keep it in wattage and it vapes up within seconds. The air inlets point right down into the cup which i think is what makes a huge difference. Keeping it around 23 watts seems good, thanks to whoever wrote the detailed review.

passenger

is this thing on?
Is the Pen available in the EU inbetween? As of Brexit, UK not EU - too bad, recommendedvapesupplies would be a great option otherwise.

passenger,

al bundy

Vaporist
Pico 25
USB/c and Arctic Fox compatible
I bought 2 from them no issues
under $30 each

al bundy,

Ipe17

Is the Pen available in the EU inbetween? As of Brexit, UK not EU - too bad, recommendedvapesupplies would be a great option otherwise.
I bought from them (recommendevapesupplies) and with import fees to Spain, price is like buying from divine in US.
www.verdampftnochmal.de has some stuff, but not the lighting pen. other than those, I am not aware of any. Which, as you said, is a pity

biohacker

I think about grabbing a v5, but i'm not sure if I would go bb/rig route or Hydratube on top. Any thoughts/preferences for these setups?

I was originally thinking about grabbing the Core 2 or Tug, but i'm not interested in anything with silicone in the vape path (unless super minor) due to sensitivities.

Also what would be the best mod? A DNA? Would it work any differently/better than say an istick pico?

biohacker,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I think about grabbing a v5, but i'm not sure if I would go bb/rig route or Hydratube on top. Any thoughts/preferences for these setups?

I was originally thinking about grabbing the Core 2 or Tug, but i'm not interested in anything with silicone in the vape path (unless super minor) due to sensitivities.

Also what would be the best mod? A DNA? Would it work any differently/better than say an istick pico?
Arctic Fox enabled mod w/ 40W+ available is all you need. I run 2 mods that are both single 18650 AF powered (I prefer the smaller 1 cell sized mod, both for use with BB and otherwise)

biohacker

Arctic Fox enabled mod w/ 40W+ available is all you need. I run 2 mods that are both single 18650 AF powered (I prefer the smaller 1 cell sized mod, both for use with BB and otherwise)

But do I NEED that? What would it do better than an istick pico 75 that is bundled with the v5 at HerbCafe?

Do you have the Vortex glass?

biohacker,

JCat

Accessory Maker
But do I NEED that? What would it do better than an istick pico 75 that is bundled with the v5 at HerbCafe?

Do you have the Vortex glass?
Well you can flash the istick pico w/ Arctic Fox (or maybe it already has it?)

Not sure if you need it. Likely the only real big difference would be maybe auto-fire support as I'm sure they both support TCR fine. (the TCR for the v5 is basic)

biohacker

Well you can flash the istick pico w/ Arctic Fox (or maybe it already has it?)

Not sure if you need it. Likely the only real big difference would be maybe auto-fire support as I'm sure they both support TCR fine. (the TCR for the v5 is basic)

Ya it has auto fire:
As of January 18, 2023, all Divine Tribe v5 Starter Kits will have the AUTOFIRE featured installed. We have received the custom chip from DT and will manually install them on all eLeaf Pico mods included in this kit going forward.

Curious how you rate your v5 vs the Proxy! lol

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
My main reason for using AF over stock firmware is the PI regulation. Auto fire is nice too, but I don't have any issue holding a button. I guess the ability to load a custom icon is also cool. I do think I heard somewhere that the latest pico mod will not run AF firmware, but has autofire built into the stock firmware.

80Sixed

Problem I have with the auto fire pico from ineedhemp is the frequency with which it jumps back to wattage and won’t work in TCR mode. Toying with the idea of getting a new af compatible mod as I don’t believe this one is. I’m not sure if it’s the same version of the pico available at herb cafe though

biohacker

Problem I have with the auto fire pico from ineedhemp is the frequency with which it jumps back to wattage and won’t work in TCR mode. Toying with the idea of getting a new af compatible mod as I don’t believe this one is. I’m not sure if it’s the same version of the pico available at herb cafe though

Sounds like you have the old one. Read through the comments/reviews on HerbCafe and people are saying the same thing.

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

biohacker

huh idk, the only herb cafe review that seemed to mention this issue was that they were having it

I don't know anything about this stuff but looking at the dates, one wrote his review on the 17th and they updated from 18th. Sorry I can't help you more, but I did see this:

If your mod was kicking you out of temperature control mode, it's a result of a bad connection from the mod to the atomizer. When it separates, the mod will go back to wattage mode.

Maybe reach out to herbcafe (chat has been responsive for me) and ask him?

biohacker,
Top Bottom