Divine Tribe atty's

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I’ve done all the things you’ve mentioned. I also have different brands of mods, with the DNA75C, so perhaps these boards are just OVERLY SENSITIVE. They were designed for ECig coils, so these cups are a challenge.
Yes.
Dual coil tungsten is the challenge.
Are you re-reading the resistance ?
OK.
Well, yes, DNA boards ARE very sensitive.
They are the most accurate devices with TC, perhaps Yihi is close to the same quality.
Yes, ecig coils are made from the modes you see on the DNA device, kanthal, stainless, titanium, nickel.
Your fix for it is very interesting though.
However, like I said, my DNA devices never pop into wattage on the V5 or lightning cup.
Sorry dude !

DJ Colonel Corn,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Your fix for it is very interesting though.

Yeah, I always find some “wormholes” with my electronics. I like puzzles, so at some point I might post this on the Devine Tribe Discord, didn’t find much from searching appreciate Reddit boards.

Strange that I can KICKSTART the TC, by driving a few pulses of current to the cup, then TC stays consistent. As you’ve mentioned, it’s a poor choice of leads, but I’m sure Matt knows that, but had other technicalities.

RustyOldNail,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
On other firmware I had this issue with kicking out of TC and I narrowed it down to a strange situation where the cold live resistance reading was higher than the live resistance as detected during firing. So the mod saw say 0.2 when not firing, then it lowered to 0.18 when firing and started rising slowly but then the mod considered the rise was too slow (it expected 0.22 when the resistance reached 0.2 for instance) and that triggered the error condition, where kicking back into power mode was probably deemed safer by the devs.

Did not have the case with DNA mods but I also don't use mine with custom attys (the Impcognito for instance has very standard dual coils similar to ecigs so it TC pretty well, I tended to have issues with my custom builds with more exotic configurations)

So.. maybe you could try forcing a lower resistance fixed value in escribe? What you describe with your kickstart procedure makes me think that you progressively manage to warm the coils such that their resistance reading is high enough for the mod to be happy when you start TC.

gotbadvas

I have had nothing but unsatisfactory results with my AVS M22 with the V5 heater and also with the stock coil setup until now...

I had been playing around with settings endlessly changing TCR and doing cotton singe tests with nothing making sense why my clouds were so wispy yet the cup seemed to be getting plenty hot. Well I gave up on it for a while and went back to dry herb to give myself a break from the tinkering and wasting concentrates. Yesterday I wanted to punish myself some more so out came the V5.

I decided to reset the device settings for my Eleaf Rim C in Arctic Fox and remove all but one profile. I retested with the same lackluster hits. Then I did something which I had already tried once again. I unscrewed the M22 housing from my mod and loosened the center 510 screw a little then re tightened it but maybe slightly less than it had been. Then I took my plastic MFLB brush and used the blunt end to push down the 510 pin on my mod multiple times depressing the spring connection.

I loaded up Arctic Fox config on my pc and started with the basic settings again. 36W, TCR 200, Locked resistance at .475 ohms, 40 sec auto fire. Started at 430 F and took a hit after letting temp reach 430. Now we are blowing clouds! Been getting absolutely irresponsibly torn up since getting it working.

840_divided_by_two

Hey everyone, rediscovering the DTV4.5 and pico (non arctic fox version) setup I bought and promptly shoved in a drawer because my Core 2.0 stole my heart. Who is the most reliable source for authentic 18650 cells nowadays? It has been a while since my E-Cig days but I assume the Samsung 25R and Sony VTC4/5's are still the gold standard? New Nitecore Ci2 is on the way already so looking to get an order in ASAP

840_divided_by_two,

RustyOldNail

I assume the Samsung 25R and Sony VTC4/5's are still the gold standard?

Latest gold standard:

840_divided_by_two

Latest gold standard:

Exactly what i needed. Thanks a million

farmerpalmersnt

I grabbed a lightning pen, absolutely blown away by the quality and heat up times. Small cup, but definitely at least comparable to my M22 escc otherwise. Crazy at the price.

Only question I have is what is the black ceramic glaze made from?

RustyOldNail

Only question I have is what is the black ceramic glaze made from?

Our forum member @DJ Colonel Corn posted a review here:

CLIP:
“Let’s get down to … what this V5 is. (See below for images.)

The cup is made from Al2O3 (Aluminum Oxide, Alumina) ceramic. For the information on the alumina ceramic, see: https://digitalfire.com/oxide/al2o3 .The spacer is made from Zirconia. The embedded coil is tungsten, with high temp tungsten slurry solder, on nickel leads.

The cup is sealed with a high temp 1300°c ceramic glaze. Here is some info about ceramic glazes: https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/what-goes-into-glazes-2746232 . For those wondering, this particular glaze is lead free to start with. Here is a ROHS report on the glaze used: http://ineedhemp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/釉料ROHS报告.pdf . There is a picture on the 8th page with a large glob of glaze, when the glaze is that thick the color will appear grey. Divine Tribe only uses a thin layer, so the glaze on the V5 crucible looks lighter and more transparent.

The base is made from stainless steel, the o-rings are silicone. The cap features a vortex air intake, forcing air into the bowl. It’s made from stainless steel and glass.“

LIGHTNING PEN REVIEW:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It is a great little device. I can't imagine the unhealthy shit parts that chinese knock off pens sell to the unsuspecting consumer. You really get a sense that Matt puts a lot of pride into making a quality safe product.

I was playing around with the LP yesterday. I haven't had a lot of time to fine tune the vaping experience. I quickly learned that I'm not a fan of the session cycle. It gets too hot for me, but using on demand mode by press and hold works nicely. I do add a j hook or hubble bubbler dry because it is a very short airpath otherwise. There is some technique used with this vape to get it humming along. I got a pulse rhythm going with the button that gave me great flavor with impressive clouds. And you get a good many hits from a small load.

I like the tip someone gave of loading with a toothpick to keep things nice and clean, and I love the way a q-tip fits like a glove for cleaning.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've been holding off on this because I'd rather have many small hits than 2-3 huge ones. can you give me some idea how many (non-ginormous) hits you get with your 'pulse rhythm' method? thanks!
On a dab about a half grain of rice size, I get 3-4 hits before I clean it out. I could probably get a few more but the flavor starts to get a reclaim taste and I don't need to extract every last bit before loading fresh again. Maybe someone else can comment if they use it as a slow sipper. I tend to take my 3-4 hits and end the session quickly.

gotbadvas

I want the little lightning pen heater but I want to mount it on my Rim C. Mr. Divine Tribe please...make us a micro DTV5. I wonder how much less heat and battery usage?

gotbadvas,
Reactions: florduh
Top Bottom