• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Divine Tribe atty's

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Geez, placed yet another order at DT, Matt keeps his prices so reasonable, I started filling my cart up.
Jumping on the V5 bandwagon finally, as well as some lightning stuff, accessories, spare orings etc. Only benefit of waiting so long, is everything was in stock, and I assume will be latest versions as of this post, Matt is always moving forward. Look forward to playing with new toys!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I was going to ask if anyone's tried that to get less ginormous hits. how many hits did you get from a load using that technique (it sounds like you can only do tiny loads with this)?
I've been loading a half rice grain size or even less. The number of hits is probably based on the dab size and how big of a hit you take. I don't take a super deep hit, but on average I get a moderate first hit with some good flavor, then a larger second hit that tastes sort of neutral, followed by a third hit that is a bit hot in temp and flavor but palatable. There is probably some oil left for additional hits, but I prefer to swab out and start fresh again. It's kind of fun to swab it out. A qtip just barely fits in the teanie weanie bucket.

One of my main purposes for this pen is to use small loads for quick hits. If I'm taking larger dabs then I'm probably home and using a larger erig.

HSIHP

Finally took the plunge on the V5 and I freaking love it. I've been chugging along with my SiC V4 forever and when I pulled the trigger on the V5 I though, "there is no way this will replace my V4". Well, I was wrong.

I wanted a second unit for when a relative came to visit so we wouldn't have to take turns. They ended up bringing a peak pro and after one hit from the V5 they never touched it for the rest of the trip.

Anyway, off to get the lightning pen! I bet this will be perfect for that set-break session at shows.

BakedDiogenes

I already load microdoses with toothpicks. Works well with all the rosin I have, which is all a sauce/badder consistency. My plan was to just stick the toothpick in the crucible/cylinder, and pulse the button while wiping it off on the sides.

I use a fancy titanium toothpick now, but used bamboo toothpicks for years. Bamboo is fairly non-stick.
I just use a large sewing needle shoved into a cork

BakedDiogenes,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

I like the lightning pen a lot, running mine on high and taking 1 long draw. Once I can get a backup this will probably replace all my v5’s which I was using for single hits.
thats GIF

I went back to my M22 dish running wattage because I like taking one hit. And I like super fast heatups. Will be interesting to see if this little pen can replicate that vibe for a small percentage of the price.

BakedDiogenes

thats GIF

I went back to my M22 dish running wattage because I like taking one hit. And I like super fast heatups. Will be interesting to see if this little pen can replicate that vibe for a small percentage of the price.
I just got mine in yesterday, and I can say it does a pretty good job. I’m not sure how Matt and others run their shit on the higher settings, but I’m the video below I simply hold the button for a bit. 15 secs, even on low, and I get that overspent wax taste because it’s heating while I exhale and get ready for another hit. It works out more economically, for me at least, to do shorter fire times. Flavor doesn’t degrade as quickly.

This thing is tiny, as others have pointed out. Loading can be a bit trying, but a sewing needle works great. Pulse the button to let the wax slide off. If you have shaky hands, I wouldn’t recommend this at all.

My only gripe is the lack of a silicone or rubber mouthpiece cover. If I were to throw this in a bag or pocket, it would undoubtedly get dust/debris in the cup. Otherwise, it is a solid device for the price tag.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am enjoying the ease of use of the lightening pen. I do enjoy the hits most when attaching a small bubbler or J-hook. Without something to cool the vapor down, the hits even on the lowest setting get a bit too hot on the throat for me. The mouthpiece only sets your mouth about a 1/4 inch away from the top of the bucket, so the airpath is extremely short.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Been away for a week so there are lots of quotes and replies. I was using the Lightning Pen most of the time, but a single 900mAh battery needs to be charged more often in a day than I'd like. Particularly when sharing with friends. I wound up using one of those stand alone phone batteries to keep it charged up. Other than that it was mostly a pleasure. I must admit that the QQ with its Lightning Heater is still my favorite. The QQ cup is the right size, the hits are the right size, and it's easy to load and easy to clean. But away from home the Lightning Pen is a winner and what I plan on using. I can keep the pen in the breast pocket of my shirt all day...

The pen is a pain to load, but not horrible. The toothpick seems to work the best and I prefer a wooden toothpick to one of my metal ones. I don't want to scratch the coating on the inside of the cup over time.

uh
works fine in my mods, the ones with spring-loaded 510 pins.
I have it on my Hammer Of God in pics on my review.
Worked awesome.
I'll try it on my Wismec mod right now...
Yep !
So it works on my Wismec RX 20700, it works on my DNA400 Hammer Of God, and I'd bet it works on my Hyperion also !

... EDIT: Just tried it on my Lost Vape Hyperion mod... works great ! Man, all this testing I'm doing is getting me extremely medicated....
Well I guess we just have a different collection of mods. It doesn't fit on any of my Joyetech mods, not the VTC Mini or the VTC Basic. It doesn't fit on any eGo style battery I have (three different brands). It doesn't fit on a couple of custom made mods I had done in my eCig days and it doesn't fit on a couple of (dangerous) unregulated direct connect ("mechanical") mods. While some of my mods have their center conductor mounted on a rubber like substance to give them a little flexibility, none of them have long throw spring loaded center conductors. Maybe that's the difference. Putting the Lightning Pen atty on a big bulky heavy mod sort of defeats the purpose for me anyway; I'd just bring the Quest Lightning Cup with me if I was bringing one of my 18650 mods. There are a few things I'm not happy about with the Lightning Pen battery, but all in all it works pretty well. It could last longer and charge faster. The lights could go out when it's fully charged. :)

I already load microdoses with toothpicks. Works well with all the rosin I have, which is all a sauce/badder consistency. My plan was to just stick the toothpick in the crucible/cylinder, and pulse the button while wiping it off on the sides.

I use a fancy titanium toothpick now, but used bamboo toothpicks for years. Bamboo is fairly non-stick.
Toothpicks have been working well for me too. I find they work great for everything that's sticky/gooey and I use a tiny spoon like spatula for the crumble. I've been using wooden toothpicks because I'm worried metal ones will scratch the inside coating of the cup. I have a mini hot knife I use at home with the QQ and V5 cups to drip in the concentrate but it's a tiny bit wider than the Lightning Pen cup and doesn't always do the job (the melting concentrate runs down the outside of the cup as well as the inside).

I've been loading a half rice grain size or even less. The number of hits is probably based on the dab size and how big of a hit you take. I don't take a super deep hit, but on average I get a moderate first hit with some good flavor, then a larger second hit that tastes sort of neutral, followed by a third hit that is a bit hot in temp and flavor but palatable. There is probably some oil left for additional hits, but I prefer to swab out and start fresh again. It's kind of fun to swab it out. A qtip just barely fits in the teanie weanie bucket.

One of my main purposes for this pen is to use small loads for quick hits. If I'm taking larger dabs then I'm probably home and using a larger erig.
Your suggestions work great for me. Small load, always on lowest power setting, never use the 15 second double push latch mode. With a fresh load I hold the button for maybe five seconds (looking for wisp of smoke just becomming visible in the mouthpiece) and then release the button and take my first hit. Never a big cloud, usually pretty thin, but lots of low temp terpine taste. Just before I exhale I press the button again, wait a few seconds and then take the next hit which is always HUGE and I frequently cough depending on what strain happens to be loaded. Then I use a one or two second pulse method and get one more big hit and maybe three more medium clouds worth, still with good flavor. And while there's always some oil left, like you I swab it out. I'd rather waste a little oil than get a hit that tastes like ass (to borrow a phrase).

My only gripe is the lack of a silicone or rubber mouthpiece cover. If I were to throw this in a bag or pocket, it would undoubtedly get dust/debris in the cup. Otherwise, it is a solid device for the price tag.
The silicon adapter that's for use with the V5 top (or V4 top, I forget which) fits the top of the Lightning Pen perfectly. It can be used as a mouthpiece or a better adapter for Hubble use, but it would require you to plug its hole if what you want it for is just to block the top. It comes in three colors. :)

Here's a link to one on the INeedHemp web site.

Last edited:

BakedDiogenes

I am enjoying the ease of use of the lightening pen. I do enjoy the hits most when attaching a small bubbler or J-hook.
J-hooks are a great option at home!

Frankly, this tiny thing doesn’t come close to getting as hot as the V5 or M22 after a few back to back hits. As predicted, the smaller heater cup does not put out as much radiant heat and cools much quicker. Even native draws are relatively cool compared to other, larger cups.

RustyOldNail

Received my DT goodies. I have to setup some custom TCR settings in Escribe software for my DNA75C, for the V5 cup. So far unable to get temperature control working.

CUP V5: Tested in wattage mode, works, but I’m determined to get TC working.

Tried the Nickel200 suggestions, since that profile is already on the my device. (35w, 250f.)
Almost immediately Jumps OUT of TC mode. Did all the usual tightening, pin, grub screws, etc. Even took the base completely apart.
Same thing on a V5 spare cup.
Thought it might be the DNA Theme, but keeping the settings the same, fired the OG Quartz Quest, and SIC V4, both those STAYED in TC mode. Next move is to create a custom TCR = 180, but I’ve read other users had it working in Nickel mode, so I’m not optimistic.

*** I know most of you are not using a DNA mod, but they finally added the ability to AUTOFIRE, so I thought I’d buy the V5 Cup. If only Evolv would allow changing TCR directly on the device, though I doubt it.

Gnome34

Hi all, curiosity and VAS has pulled me down the divine tribe corridor!

I own a dual coil enail (don't like it), a Matte RIO (like it a lot), and an Ispire Daab (like it A LOT). But I'm getting a little bored and curious about what else is out there in the concentrate world.

With the devices I already own would I see an improvement off of the V5 or the lightning pen? Seems the pen is more of a portable one hitter.

I only use at home and plan to keep it that way. Portability is not an issue. I do want easy maintenance and easy clean up, not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree here. My only complaint with dabbing in general is just having to q-tip and use iso etc.

If you already have a dab rig you are happy with is there any reason to look into Divine Tribe? I'm also interested in the new Hyer, also uses atomizers which I'm not a fan of; at least Divine Tribe has inexpensive atomizers. The Hyer replacements are $50.

Gnome34,

Clapped_r6

Hi all, curiosity and VAS has pulled me down the divine tribe corridor!

I only use at home and plan to keep it that way. Portability is not an issue.

If you already have a dab rig you are happy with is there any reason to look into Divine Tribe? I'm also interested in the new Hyer, also uses atomizers which I'm not a fan of; at least Divine Tribe has inexpensive atomizers. The Hyer replacements are $5050.
I just went thru this also. My fave overall is the Rio, I'm so glad I listened to ShitSnacks. It's my go to.

I was really tempted to get a Mininail with their sale going on, but realistically I don't dab that much at once. The Rio easily handles whatever I need. Its nice to try diff bangers etc, they all have their own style.

I also put a v5 on my Core 1, and it works really, really well. I have a v5 on a battery, it works but isn't as nice of an experience (mouthpiece gets pretty hot)

I wouldn't rule out a Core 2

Clapped_r6,
Reactions: Gnome34

RustyOldNail

Received my DT goodies. I have to setup some custom TCR settings in Escribe software for my DNA75C, for the V5 cup. So far unable to get temperature control working.

CUP V5: Tested in wattage mode, works, but I’m determined to get TC working.

Tried the Nickel200 suggestions, since that profile is already on the my device. (35w, 250f.)
Almost immediately Jumps OUT of TC mode. Did all the usual tightening, pin, grub screws, etc. Even took the base completely apart.
Same thing on a V5 spare cup.
Thought it might be the DNA Theme, but keeping the settings the same, fired the OG Quartz Quest, and SIC V4, both those STAYED in TC mode. Next move is to create a custom TCR = 180, but I’ve read other users had it working in Nickel mode, so I’m not optimistic.

*** I know most of you are not using a DNA mod, but they finally added the ability to AUTOFIRE, so I thought I’d buy the V5 Cup. If only Evolv would allow changing TCR directly on the device, though I doubt it.

NEVER MIND, figured it out, sorry.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: lazylathe

biohacker

I want a lightning pen, and maybe a core 2.... but i'm not sure if they will meet my snobish higher standards coming from torched cold start ruby dabs! @BabyFacedFinster I can completely relate to you and how you can't go back to flower because the taste just sucks compared to a proper dab!

biohacker,
Reactions: florduh

darbarikanada

I'm not sure if they will meet my snobbish higher standards coming from torched cold start ruby dabs!
not speaking from personal experience, but everything I've read from similarly opinionated people says they won't (but if you haven't tried using your rig without water, that might be an 'upgrade' of sorts).

darbarikanada,
Reactions: biohacker

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
and it doesn't fit on a couple of (dangerous) unregulated direct connect ("mechanical") mods.
Just mind Ohm's Law and you'll be fine... heh
That's 35 watts by the way, but only on a 4.2 volt battery. With 8.4 volts total battery votlage, it's 140 watts or so !
Next move is to create a custom TCR = 180
One, do the Cotton Test to determine what TCR to use, 180 might not necessarily be what u want. Two, to set your TCR, follow https://thevapor.ninja/tcr .

mouthpiece gets pretty hot)

Use a silicone water tool adapter available on ineedhemp.com .... no more hot liips ! Works great.

Last edited:
DJ Colonel Corn,

RustyOldNail

One, do the Cotton Test to determine what TCR to use, 180 might not necessarily be what u want. Two, to set your TCR, follow https://thevapor.ninja/tcr .

I’m very familiar with DNA mods, but I have read many of your articles, well done!

I’ve now tuned my V5 cup, and installed the “lightning cup”, in an old Quartz Quest base. Created custom TCR’s confirmed with cotton tests.
They BOTH jump out of temperature control on first attempts. Same as before.

I accidentally discovered a method that works on my (3) DNA75C mods.
I quickly turn the power ON, then OFF, this is less than two seconds. I do this at least 3 times, then I just keep the power on, and it usually stays in TC MODE.
The theme I’m using shows me a warning icon when it jumps out of TC Mode. And by the fourth and final power on, I can also see the graph on the mod screen, showing BOTH “Power” and “Temp”. Once I see the TEMPERATURE raising, I turn it OFF, so I can drop a load in. For at least 30 minutes later, it still stays in TC MODE, didn’t do a full time test, but next day, when cold, it JUMPS out of TC, and I do my “button hack” again.
And yes, I’ve tried locked and unlocked OHM SETTINGS, and every other DNA setting I can think of.

@DJ Colonel Corn
So are you not having TC mode issues, are you using a DNA75C, and V5, and Lightning cup?
Thanks.

RustyOldNail,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
So are you not having TC mode issues, are you using a DNA75C, and V5, and Lightning cup?
I Actually don't have a 75C... I only have 250C and 100C devices, and they never jump out of TCR when using the V5,or Quest / lighting cup, ever.
One thing you should do, when it's cold, is to re-read the resistance.
This is necessary to see live temperature change, also.
Many themes have an option for this. It can be the Ohm symbol ( Ω not ॐ ), or words, or any other symbol they might use.
I've heard that there have been some issues with some themes because the V5 is a dual coil, and the coils can be off from each other. The fact that it's tungsten makes it change its resistance slighty (in the hundreths and thousandths) each time it's fired. That is, its cold resistance.
So try that, and also try different DNA themes. Other than that, I have no experience with the 75C.
Although your mod has DNA under the hood, some mods can be defective. Some impropetly shielded wire, or other 510 pin issues, can cause problems.
The DNA chip is finicky. It doesnt like the resistance of the 2 coils changing much from each other. As you can see, there is no 'tungsten' mode.
So the chip kicks into Watts mode bcuz the temperatue control fiunction will be off, and it's all about accuracy with DNA/Evolve.
If the mod is servicable, you could check the connections to the 510.
Good luck !
EDIT: OK, sorry , missed your orignal post.
Yes the V4 works because it is a single coil nickel. The Quest works because they are nickel leads.

Last edited:
DJ Colonel Corn,

RustyOldNail

One thing you should do, when it's cold, is to re-read the resistance.

I’ve done all the things you’ve mentioned. I also have different brands of mods, with the DNA75C, so perhaps these boards are just OVERLY SENSITIVE. They were designed for ECig coils, so these cups are a challenge.

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom