Divine Tribe atty's

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Coil King seems like the new buzz - it is a all in one. it is more pocket friendly and it is very lightweight.

These types are still direct coils, something I personally moved away from long ago, as removing reclaim from previous dabs is tedious, and eventually pointless. I’ll take an empty bucket style every time….

“Quartz Wrapped Dual Clapton Kanthal A1 coils”

RustyOldNail

I'm not a huge fan of open sourced firmware aka custom firmware. I get it and all but come on, this is just a atomizer.

I prefer Eleaf branding with the latest smart chip. It is more of a plug and play - you don't have to install or use a computer just to update things LOL.

I have many older Eleaf mods, if they now include “auto fire”, that’s great, otherwise I’ve always needed a computer to update my older Eleaf and other brands, firmware. And usually when the Chinese companies come out with a newer version, they no longer bother with supporting the older model. Also, many have upgraded their mods that are capable, to alternate 2nd party firmware, don’t you still need a computer to install these?

DNA’s are not for everyone, but the company is still updating their firmware and software. I just installed an undated Escribe version that works on my 2011 MBP, running the now old and Apple unsupported Sierra OS. That’s impressive….

RustyOldNail,

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
These types are still direct coils, something I personally moved away from long ago, as removing reclaim from previous dabs is tedious, and eventually pointless. I’ll take an empty bucket style every time….

“Quartz Wrapped Dual Clapton Kanthal A1 coils”
Yes, I think there is some mass appeal to stay away from coils or something on the internet somewhere - i don't know.

I have many older Eleaf mods, if they now include “auto fire”, that’s great, otherwise I’ve always needed a computer to update my older Eleaf and other brands, firmware. And usually when the Chinese companies come out with a newer version, they no longer bother with supporting the older model. Also, many have upgraded their mods that are capable, to alternate 2nd party firmware, don’t you still need a computer to install these?

DNA’s are not for everyone, but the company is still updating their firmware and software. I just installed an undated Escribe version that works on my 2011 MBP, running the now old and Apple unsupported Sierra OS. That’s impressive….
That's fine.

I am sure the latest Eleaf battery mods will always be EASIER for the average person when paring the Divine Tribe V5.

I like how i don't need a computer or a USB port just to mess around with settings. All of the setting changes are within the MOD, and it is very straight forward.

Just follow the owner's manual guideline.

wm762,

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Do they all have a setting for “auto fire”, since that was the issue the new DNA firmware has addressed?
Eleaf does not use DNA firmware.
Not sure why people want "Auto Fire" .
Just hit the fire button and hold at the same time. You have 10 seconds to inhale due to the locking system.
It's just a small learning curve. Press and hold the fire button once again for a bigger hit.

I am sure I can install custom firmware but i don't want too. It's too much of a hassle.

wm762,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
you don't have to install or use a computer just to update things LOL.

Well, DNA mods are built with DNA firrmware already. It's not a '3rd party firmware'.
The only issue one might have if one didn't like using computers, is dialing in a TCR value.
I understand someone wanting to avoid techincal issues, but, as far as accurate temp control and customization goes... DNA chips are the top performers.
I've seen it myself when using DNA vs. non-DNA mods. The precise reliabilty of a DNA chip has no equal.
Oh, and why use Autofire / Session Mode ?
Well, it's handy when using a bottomless banger, that's for sure !

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

This new Crucible Pen from DT looks pretty fuckin cool. Fast heatup time. Small cup for on the go dabs.

Interesting, below pasted from linked YouTube video page:

Lightning Pen @ iNeedHemp.com with 14mm male shaped top to allow your hydratube to connect for water filtration Device comes with spare side heated black polished heater cup, orings, and c charger cord NOTE: these are mini lightning heaters (Height-10mm Diameter-6mm) and are not to be confused with the larger ones (Height 15.5 Diameter 10mm) for quest line.

We are excited to bring you a pen style diffuser that finally utilizes a cup for the heater. Most pens to this date are made to use metal coils which do not allow the flavor of your concentrates to come though(along with how hard metal coils are to get clean of. The heater is replaceable, and can be rebuilt, there is no need to throw out the whole Pen if the heater breaks, we designed this with eco friendly concepts The Lightning Pen offer the smallest crucible cup with side heated walls which allows for maximum flavor and easy cleaning.

We made the cup about the size of a large qtip. Maintaining the device should be pretty easy with the internal black glaze. There are 3 heat settings, always start at the low setting and go up to find the best middle-ground of flavor and clouds.

florduh

Interesting, below pasted from linked YouTube video page:

Lightning Pen @ iNeedHemp.com with 14mm male shaped top to allow your hydratube to connect for water filtration Device comes with spare side heated black polished heater cup, orings, and c charger cord NOTE: these are mini lightning heaters (Height-10mm Diameter-6mm) and are not to be confused with the larger ones (Height 15.5 Diameter 10mm) for quest line.

We are excited to bring you a pen style diffuser that finally utilizes a cup for the heater. Most pens to this date are made to use metal coils which do not allow the flavor of your concentrates to come though(along with how hard metal coils are to get clean of. The heater is replaceable, and can be rebuilt, there is no need to throw out the whole Pen if the heater breaks, we designed this with eco friendly concepts The Lightning Pen offer the smallest crucible cup with side heated walls which allows for maximum flavor and easy cleaning.

We made the cup about the size of a large qtip. Maintaining the device should be pretty easy with the internal black glaze. There are 3 heat settings, always start at the low setting and go up to find the best middle-ground of flavor and clouds.

I think this smaller heater is exciting for folks like me who like using wax pens as....wax pens. Not e-nail replacements. Smaller heater=less radiant heat=more comfortable vapor in a dry, short vapor path.

I wonder if that atomizer pops off the pen. You could throw that on a TC mod and have the pen as an option for ultimate portability.

RustyOldNail

I think this smaller heater is exciting for folks like me who like using wax pens as....wax pens. Not e-nail replacements. Smaller heater=less radiant heat=more comfortable vapor in a dry, short vapor path.

I wonder if that atomizer pops off the pen. You could throw that on a TC mod and have the pen as an option for ultimate portability.

Yeah, not sure if it is based on the 510 connection, but it shows a hot dab tool, not sure how that swaps on. For the price, I may get one to play with. Any CUP design over bare coil is worth looking at. I still have some of the original 510 ceramic cup with bare coil atomizers, maybe 10 years old, HORRIBLE…. can’t believe they are still available….

More here:

florduh

Yeah, not sure if it is based on the 510 connection, but it shows a hot dab tool, not sure how that swaps on. For the price, I may get one to play with. Any CUP design over bare coil is worth looking at. I still have some of the original 510 ceramic cup with bare coil atomizers, maybe 10 years old, HORRIBLE…. can’t believe they are still available….

More here:

Shit. Well if it's not 510, Matt should consider selling that exact atomizer in 510 form. On a Pico you'd have TC and it would be almost as portable as a pen. Shorter, at least.

BakedDiogenes

Shit. Well if it's not 510, Matt should consider selling that exact atomizer in 510 form. On a Pico you'd have TC and it would be almost as portable as a pen. Shorter, at least.
Looks like it is.

how many sides on a dice

(Pulled from the product page on ineedhemp)

I’ll definitely be picking one up soon, but I’m not so sure yet he vapor will be that much cooler. 🤷🏻

florduh

I’ll definitely be picking one up soon, but I’m not so sure yet he vapor will be that much cooler. 🤷🏻

Yeah, it's still a short vapor path. But I think it's possible since it's only heated from the sides, and it's overall a much smaller crucible. That will mean less radiant heat. May or may not translate into a cooler hit though.

RustyOldNail

Yeah, I’d use the same bubbler he shows in the video. Hot oil vapor in these kind of devices need to be cooled, at least for me. So by itself it’s more portable, if you can take the hotter hit….

RustyOldNail,

florduh

Yeah, I’d use the same bubbler he shows in the video. Hot oil vapor in these kind of devices need to be cooled, at least for me. So by itself it’s more portable, if you can take the hotter hit….

Once you add the bubbler I don't even see the utility of it, tbh. You'll need a bag of some kind, so may as well pack a larger device with temp control.

I think this pen makes more sense as a cartridge replacement or a competitor for the Puffco Proxy. You can make dry hits comfortable with a smaller heater. The Proxy also has the benefit of a longer vapor path though.

These Lightning cups also seem to heat up faster than the v5. Less time to temp means less overall radiant heat and more comfortable vapor. I've noticed this in the M22 vs the v5 when using them dry, with a drip tip.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
This new Crucible Pen from DT looks pretty fuckin cool. Fast heatup time. Small cup for on the go dabs.

Ordered. Couldn't pass this one up. Small erig dabs are my mainstay. This has potential. I can't wait to play with the fucking thing.

It's so small that you just spin a qtip in it and it's clean. Brillant. We'll see how hot it runs on the lowest setting. I don't like a hot hit, but my Terp pens for some reason don't give me any heat, so stranger things have happened. Matt makes good stuff.

Thankyou10 will get you 10% off.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Yeah that's the big question for me too. I think it has potential.

This is sort of the same concept as that Evolv Cricket. Much cheaper, ceramic, but with no TC.
That tiny bucket is just so cool. For $53 (cheaper than a Proxy replacement heater) you get a new toy to fuck around with (and it comes with a spare heater.)

I'm hoping for a comfy hit if you set it low and drop a tiny dab in it.

I agree about the convenience, I have glass but then that increases the footprint.

Top Bottom