• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Divine Tribe atty's

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@divinetribe
Hi Matt,
Wondering if you will eventually be offering a 14mm glass top, like the ones I have for both the QQ and V4, for the NEW V5? I’m ASSUMING the ones I have won’t fit the V5?

This style:
1D7CF2EF-EF6E-4A85-9006-C2E9DBF21FF1.jpeg

RustyOldNail,

androponic

vaped.
@divinetribe
Hi Matt,
Wondering if you will eventually be offering a 14mm glass top, like the ones I have for both the QQ and V4, for the NEW V5? I’m ASSUMING the ones I have won’t fit the V5?

This style:
View attachment 14918
well i bought a couple of the glass windowed V5 tops because he says they fit the V4 and V4.5 so the deck diameter must be the same so maybe the glass tops from the V4 will fit, i will be trying mine too but my V5 is in USPS hands at the moment.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
So
My new cups come in at .51 resistance.
My V4 bottomless banger fits the V5 nicely, but others have had issues.
Most have had luck with the 510mod BB's, but my DT ones fits.
The 'wizard hat' works better on my 510mod BB however, the jets sit literally on the floor of the cup with the DT BB. Of course, it's an old one, so dunno.
Oh and I've got a review at https://bit.ly/dt-v5 .
Here's a pic:

20211204_103140-rotated.jpg

Never mind the readings on the mod, I had it set wrong heh

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@RustyOldNail - I had an old v4 glass sitting around, it fits the v5 perfectly. My bottomless bangers that fit the v4 also fit the v5. But I don't have a QQ so I'm not sure if they also fit that.

The new glass tops are extra thick though. The 2/2 picture shows the difference...should make them much more durable

Mine are probably the thin ones.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: tb42091

Bortz

I know we are onto the V5, but for general information, I have found a happy home with my v4 with SiC cup. I have the 4.5 window cover, bottomless banger, quartz cups, and titanium cups and found that the SiC with plain steel top to be my favorite..

Running Arctic Fox, SiC cup, steel top, and doing mouth to lung pulls. I have no desire for any other set up.

AF settings are as follows with 60 second autofire. I let it 20-30s heatup, then hit as preferred:

(check resistance when cold, then set and lock it to that cold value)

AFSIC - Copy.PNG

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have two V5s, the regular model that pairs with a mod and the Core erig compatable model. The latter has gotten the most use as it plugs right in my Core and works great on pulse mode. For session mode I find the ideal temp is between the two preset temps known as white and blue, so I pulse it and get some great, tasty hits. Are they so much better than the usual Ti bucket? Well, I do like that the cup heats the oil whether it climbs the wall or gathers in the outer edge of the bucket. And it does swab out very well. I will be adding posts on this unit in the Core 2 thread.

The mod version has gotten a lot less use. Not due to issues with the V5, but because of my 75w pico mod. There seems to be a common issue (mentioned in their reddit page) where the picos kick out of tcr mode and into wattage mode when using the V5. This keeps happening with me. Some fixes are to unscrew and reconnect the V5 and/or to remove the mod battery and reset it. This has worked for me, but only for a few hits and then it kicks me back out again. I'm also still trying to find the best settings for my liking. Right now I'm around tcr 200/30 watts/ 350F. In addition, the mod constantly asks if I'm using a new/old coil which requires looking under the mod and hitting another button.

In short, the mod issue has made it a pain in the ass. Coupled with a hubble bubbler in the other hand makes the experience a double fisted bitch. Until my mod issue gets sorted, the erig model is so much more convenient.

Last edited:

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
<snip> The mod version has gotten a lot less use. Not due to issues with the V5, but because of my 75w pico mod. There seems to be a common issue (mentioned in their reddit page) where the picos kick out of tcr mode and into wattage mode when using the V5. This keeps happening with me. <snip>

This is just a shot in the dark, but mods generally pop out of temp mode when the resistance of the atty goes above a certain value. Doesn't have to be for very long, even a few milliseconds. Since the problem has been tied to the 75w pico more than other mods, maybe it's because the tip of the V5 atty is just barely touching the center conductor in the 510 connector in the pico. This is just a thought; I have no evidence of this (and I don't have a pico to try things out). If your V5 works fine on other mods, it's probably not a lose connection to the cup wires (so don't over tighten the hex screws too many times or you may break the cup wires).

I don't know if "wrenching" down the V5 when you attach it is a good idea, but maybe putting a thin conducting piece of something metal on top of the center conductor in the mod would work. Like a tiny piece of aluminum foil folded once or twice to make it thicker. You would have to make sure the foil isn't wide enough to touch the outer conductor (which would present a short to the pico). I envision putting a 1/4" circular piece of foil in between two pieces of clear tape, with a hole in the tape on both sides to allow the foil to contact the pico center 510 conductor on one side and the center conductor of the V5. The tape would prevent the foil from sliding around and touching the sides. I have a couple of 510 "extender" adapters (male 510 on one side, female on the other) that I've used to test a suspected short 510 connector on a different mod and atty. If you happen to have any around from the good-ol-days when half the atty's wouldn't connect properly with half the mods, this would be a safer test to see if a too-deep 510 center conductor in the pico is really the problem.

Or maybe this is a really stupid idea and you should just get a different mod... I have great success with a couple of Joyetech eVic VTC Minis, one for the V5 beta (which still works fine) and one for the V5 release. I also used the VTC Mini with great success with the V4 and the QQ and others before them. 100% Arctic Fox compatible. They're on sale here for $29 (with an e-juice atty you can probably just give/throw away).

Haywood

BabyFacedFinster

This is just a shot in the dark, but mods generally pop out of temp mode when the resistance of the atty goes above a certain value. Doesn't have to be for very long, even a few milliseconds. Since the problem has been tied to the 75w pico more than other mods, maybe it's because the tip of the V5 atty is just barely touching the center conductor in the 510 connector in the pico. This is just a thought; I have no evidence of this (and I don't have a pico to try things out). If your V5 works fine on other mods, it's probably not a lose connection to the cup wires (so don't over tighten the hex screws too many times or you may break the cup wires).

I don't know if "wrenching" down the V5 when you attach it is a good idea, but maybe putting a thin conducting piece of something metal on top of the center conductor in the mod would work. Like a tiny piece of aluminum foil folded once or twice to make it thicker. You would have to make sure the foil isn't wide enough to touch the outer conductor (which would present a short to the pico). I envision putting a 1/4" circular piece of foil in between two pieces of clear tape, with a hole in the tape on both sides to allow the foil to contact the pico center 510 conductor on one side and the center conductor of the V5. The tape would prevent the foil from sliding around and touching the sides. I have a couple of 510 "extender" adapters (male 510 on one side, female on the other) that I've used to test a suspected short 510 connector on a different mod and atty. If you happen to have any around from the good-ol-days when half the atty's wouldn't connect properly with half the mods, this would be a safer test to see if a too-deep 510 center conductor in the pico is really the problem.

Or maybe this is a really stupid idea and you should just get a different mod... I have great success with a couple of Joyetech eVic VTC Minis, one for the V5 beta (which still works fine) and one for the V5 release. I also used the VTC Mini with great success with the V4 and the QQ and others before them. 100% Arctic Fox compatible. They're on sale here for $29 (with an e-juice atty you can probably just give/throw away).

Haywood

Thanks. I was looking into a mod. I think that old pico is also a little quirky. I was looking into the single battery Geek Vape Aegis, but that eVic does look good too. I'm done with the controls being on the bottom of the mod and the tiny screen. The only thing is I only have chromebooks here and not compatable with the arctic fox, but I've been down that rabbit hole before. What they need is a version that you can load off a smartphone.

BabyFacedFinster,

Ipe17

I received a couple of days ago a V4.5 (polished SIC) which I am using with a Pico 75W running ArcticFox.

So far, I am really enjoying it. I had before few low quality dab pens, a mortar and a RIO I never managed to master. My daily driver for dry herb is an Impcognito which I also use with the Pico and AF, so I am familiar with NFETools and setting the V4.5 was easy for me. And this also makes it a double winner since now I just use the Pico and swap between the V4.5 and the Impcognito. And it is all together a very small travelling combo too.

I am using 2 different profiles so far, one with Ni TFR and another with TCR 345. Still fine tuning it and playing a bit with PID in the profiles. But it was instant clouds and flavour from the first try with some setting I just copied from here and reddit.

Very very happy with the purchase. I know I will also order a V5 at some point.

And BTW, I contacted customer service as my package got kind of lost (postman tried to deliver, I was not home, he did not leave notice of the failed delivery and the tracking system did not get updated either) and they replied to me immediately with and local tracking link which sorted the issue.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Here's a post I made on Reddit, for those of you who may be avoiding Reddit:

Setting the TCR for YOUR particular mod and which TCR to use (V5)

Hello everyone !

It seems like I keep seeing posts from folks who are either unclear as to what TCR value to use with their V5, or some complaining about improper vaporizing from the V5.
I'm gonna try to clear that up for you all with this post. No doubt it'll get buried and people will continue to ask what TCR to use, but here goes for now:

The issue with deciding a TCR value for the V5, is that everyone's cups are slightly different resistances. They seem to range mostly between .41 and .52 . So. Your mod is doing math to decide how much power to deliver to the cup, and where to hold it at. So you get very different results from a .41 than a .52 resistance coil.
The easiest way for everybody seems to be the cotton test.

The Cotton Test:

Cotton singes at 470°F to a light gold color. You can set the mod to 470°f, fire until the temperature indicated stops rising, and, while continuing to fire, touch the tip of a cotton swab to the bottom of the heater for 10 seconds or so. Then look at the swab tip – if it’s still white, increase your TCR value slightly and re-test. If it’s darker than light gold, decrease slightly the TCR value and re-test. Your ideal TCR will give a light gold color.

Of course, if you change cups, you will have to re-test. Each cup read different resistances.
I use 36 watts for this test, and for daily use also 36 watts. My temp, once the TCR is dialed in (for me it's 180), is 420°F to 440°F.
Some mods display their TCR differently, for you, it could be 0.00180, or 0.0180, or just 180.
To see how to set TCR values on a DNA mod, see https://thevapor.ninja/tcr .
If, of course, your mod does not have TCR, you can use Nickel mode at around 242°F. Adjust to your preference. Note that in Nickel mode it is not reading the actual temp of the cup.

Hope this helps !

( EDIT: )
All that said, I am currently using TCR 180 @ 35 watts, 430°F on DNA250C and DNA100C mods (The Riva and the Hyperion namely) with this cup reigstering 0.483 ohms resistance.

This was originally posted here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DivineTribeVaporizers/comments/rfrpmm

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Haywood
So I decided to go with the eVic VTC mini. Only now I notice that the unit doesn't have tcr mode because it requires a firmware update from 1.0 to 3.0. Not having a pc or mac, I can't do the firmware upgrade to get tcr mode.
Going back to my Core erig.

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
So I decided to go with the eVic VTC mini. Only now I notice that the unit doesn't have tcr mode because it requires a firmware update from 1.0 to 3.0. Not having a pc or mac, I can't do the firmware upgrade to get tcr mode. So now I have another useless mod.
I'm done with all this mod shit. Going back to my Core erig.
Do you not know anyone with a PC or a Mac who can help you to upgrade? Preferably with a PC so you can load arctic fox?

BabyFacedFinster

Do you not know anyone with a PC or a Mac who can help you to upgrade? Preferably with a PC so you can load arctic fox?
The problem is explaining what I need it for. :lol:

Sorry for the sour grapes, but the mod route has always been a struggle for me. There is always some software/hardware adjustment that has proven to be beyond my knowledge and/or capability. This is why I have a pico, a V3,V4, a Sai TAF, and a host of 510 stuff sitting in a drawer while my plug and play erig gets everyday use. If I want to pursue it more I can return the evic and pick up one of those picos from Matt that have the autofire built in.

edit: I'm going to find a pc and download the AF. Not gonna let the tech beat me.

Last edited:

tim.jarvis

I'd be ripping on mine right now, but stupid USPS decided not deliver today...

So those that have the dtv5 heater, what is the id of the heater?

tim.jarvis,
Top Bottom