• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Divine Tribe atty's

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Happy 420 y'all! :leaf:
I'm debating between the Crossing Tech Core $200 and the DT v4 + eLeaf Pico 75W $100. I haven't used concentrates since my DT3.5 setup quit some time ago. I really liked the DT 3.5 out-and-about.

I assume the Core offers a better experience (even though it is atomizer-based like the DT)? Just looking for something low-maintenance and straightforward without being too spendy. Strictly home desktop use to supplement my regular flower consumption.

DT is supposed to come out with their V5 soon. It's supposed to have a thicker glass top and polished sic cup. I have the pico and V4 and also some Sai stuff too. I went through a bunch of research of everything from bottomless bangers to a newer mod to arctic fox to red panda. It was more than I wanted to manage. You obviously can get a better experience from controlling the temps more closely with the V4 + mod. But everytime you want to dab with water, you either have to keep the whole setup attached somewhere or put together all the pieces for the session. I needed more of a quick, pull out the rig, use it and put it away for my situation. So instead of upgrading to the V4.5 or V5 I did go with the Core. It is in transit and I'm excited to give it a go. Not as customizable, but damn simplistic and a decent sized bubbler all in one. It's coils are also interchangable with the Sequoia or Sai + units.

BTW, DT sells the Core for $150 plus a thankyou10 discount gets you the unit for $135 shipped. Plus Matt warranties the unit for a year and offers his new sic cup for the Core for a slight upcharge. Just more food for thought. ;)

Last edited:

chimpybits

Hey you might be able to get both for around $200

$135 Core
$50 V4
$28 Pico from Fasttech
=$213 (upsell upsell)

That Sic cup is a game-changer, so glad Matt got down with the SICness
@BabyFacedFinster did you grab the sic cup with the Core?
I think I'm going with the Core as it's for desktop use.

I'm in Canada. So the Herb Cafe at 200 CDN is probably a better deal. Generally I order domestically to avoid the shipping and return fees.
EDIT: The US>CDN exchange rate is bonkers right now. :o I so don't follow this stuff, but I don't recall it being so good (for Canucks) in decades.
Looks like I'll be ordering from Matt (Divine Tribe) after all. Thanks @Easywider you got me looking despite myself :lol::mental:

Fingers-crossed it doesn't need to be returned. I'll include the Sic cup. :tup:

Thanks @BabyFacedFinster for that code. :clap: Any idea until when?

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

That Sic cup is a game-changer, so glad Matt got down with the SICness
@BabyFacedFinster did you grab the sic cup with the Core?

Not yet. I figured I'd work at the Ti and quartz cups first.

I'm also not sure if the sic cup that is designed for Core use is the polished version or not. There seems to be a significant difference in clean up between the two. There has also been some comments about the unpolished sic cups giving off residue and I think the polished cups help with that. Not too sure of the specifics on the sic as I had not been following the thread on that topic.

I think I'm going with the Core as it's for desktop use.

I'd like to hear how it works for you. I have high hopes for it. DT and PIU thought enough about them to highlight the features in several blogs and Utube vids, which is a good sign to me.

I usually vape my concentrates through a vapcap and I love that slower paced session and the terp flavor you get. However, there are times when I just want 1 or 2 quick blasts to get the effects and get back to what I was doing. I had been relying on my Terp pen for that as I hadn't found the sweet spot with either the V4, the Sai or the Motar. I'm hoping the Core with fill this slot. No assembly necessary, just 2 clicks and you're off. When you're done you can put it away easily.

The Core doesn't seem to have its own thread, so it might be time.

Last edited:

vinnyzan

Im currently eyeing the DTV4/pico 75w. Is this a good setup if I will be using it dry most of the time ? Should I go with quartz or ti ? Also I have no experience with these 510 box mods. Am I going to need to mess with the settings ? Im not really sure how Im going to make out if I have to start tinkering with stuff.

I also noticed its recomended to use an external charger for the pico, I have an uptech charger from an omicron and I was wondering if I can use it to charge the pico batteries? If i have to buy an external charger I may just go a different route.

Last edited:
vinnyzan,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Pico can charge its cell fine, no worries. Charging IC's are worth pennies nowadays.
Since we are speaking about the mod box built in chargers... can I ask you why I noticed my Voopoo Drag Plus charges its 21700 faster than my external charger? More than 1 hour more is slow charging supposed to be more efficient than fast charging?

edit: Hi, nice post @DJ Colonel Corn , do you have a private sale link for the polished sic? the link in the @divinetribe 's signature is linked to the out of stock old sic crucible? though I saw there is only small stock left of the polished (63 when I checked) so we can't expect to get that "special FC discount" before Matt restocks large amounts.. For now I'll stick with my other sic cause 50$ for a cup is a lot, is sic so expensive to manufacture?

Last edited:
PPN,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Since we are speaking about the mod box built in chargers... can I ask you why I noticed my Voopoo Drag Plus charges its 21700 faster than my external charger? More than 1 hour more is slow charging supposed to be more efficient than fast charging?

I looked up the specs and the Drag X Plus supports 2A fast charging via USB-C. Your home charger is probably 1A (some even switch down to 0.5A when you load several bays)

I'm still puzzled by this GENE chip, it doesn't support TC at all? Just automatic power selection based on resistance? That's a bit disappointing.

KeroZen,
Reactions: PPN

oldfool

is slow charging supposed to be more efficient than fast charging?
Yes. Why are we all is such a hurry?
Charge when you get down to 20 or 30% (not 10%or less) and slow charge and your batteries will be happy for thousands of charges.
Take them down to zero and charge them in an hour will heat them up and maybe last 500 charges.

oldfool,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you for the replies, that's exactly the recommendations I give about to put under charge when you are below 30% and I'll remove the battery for next recharges now. I frequently got issues with built in chargers in severals units (never a mod box though...).

Hi @KeroZen I agree it's disappointing although I hope it's upgradable cause it's said you can update firmware connecting the device in the Voopoo website... who know? a TC is maybe available as an option... There is a nice feature showing the heat saturation progress... I don't know how reliable it is but it's usefull to avoid glowing coils in power mode using my Glow. There is a 8s autoshutoff, but, even as low as 24w, using my Glow rcv 18 (V3) I can get very big rips in that limit time. I hope it's adjustable through software cause, if not, it will be a no no for most goguettes&guys here, they prefer no time limit, especially with the DTV4 dabbing device who need long rips!

Something you may have already seen @KeroZen , did you ever had a coil who is producing a sound when you power it? at first I thought it was a Vooopoo feature but it's not (no sounds with other devices). It's a sort of metal vibration sound not huge, even not easily discernable with peoples speaking around but seems loud when you are in a quiet room. Strangely despite I hated that sound first I'm now appreciating it!

Last edited:
PPN,
Reactions: KeroZen

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

BabyFacedFinster

The V4 was SIC, never seen that material in “white”, assuming it’s not finished, or is it ceramic?

NICE looking new BASE, looks like that may solve the WOBBLE, when the previous models rested mostly on the wire attachment points.

View attachment 7705

Yes, I thought the V5 was to have a polished sic cup. Matt responded in the comment section, "It’s Alumina one of the most well-known fine ceramic materials".

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
alumina is what the V3 used, that was my favorite DT atomizer.

That castle shaped insulator is going to collect condensate like the bottomless banger, kinda surprised they left so many air holes on the bottom for a top flow device.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
in july/august the V5 comes out. it will have this design. we cannot use this new design of bucket on the V4 though since the connection is all new as well.
I thought (from my reading in Reddit) the V5 to be already available but only for V4 purchasers through a special link Matt offered, although it's not in his FC signature... so I may be wrong (and Reddit is full of falses infos).

PPN,

androponic

vaped.
I thought (from my reading in Reddit) the V5 to be already available but only for V4 purchasers through a special link Matt offered, although it's not in his FC signature... so I may be wrong (and Reddit is full of falses infos)
that will be a beta testing phase and not available just yet but you must be a customer of his devices prior to 2020 to qualify. i didnt post that because i didnt know what that users status is so i only referenced the official public release timeframe. also, not everyone wants to pay to be a beta tester and would prefer to actually buy a device that has any pre release issues worked out before spending their money on a new model of device.

androponic,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
A friend was looking for a small, high quality concentrate vape over a year ago and I recommended the DTV4 to him. He has not looked back since then and always tells me to buy one.
In my books he is a bit of a heathen(😂) as he loves the Ti cup over the Quartz.. . He is only interested in big clouds and getting baked...

My all Black DTV4 kit arrived about an hour ago! I am using the glass adapter though.
First loaded up Arctic Fox and adjusted the setting for using a Sic cup.
The Discord channel for Divine Tribe is a real lifesaver for any help with settings etc!!!

I am 2 delicious hits in and am extremely medicated already.
So easy to use and it's extremely small. You could easily slip this in your pocket with a bad tool and dabs and be super stealthy out there!

@biohacker Have you ever looked into these vapes?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Just wanted to say that this is an amazingly easy device to use!
I have dropped my temps from the recommended 350F and am now at 310F on the Sic dish and will go down a bit more still.

Now I need to research terp pearls.. .

So far my only concern is how thin the connecting wires are from the buckets... Something more solid and robust would be more stable and have more stable resistance.

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer

V5 prototype sale​

renderTimingPixel.png

I appreciate all the interest people have shown toward the v5 and look forward to the main production that will provide everyone with the opportunity to try it.

Unfortunately in the past when I have rolled out new products I have missed problems, or the main production ended up being different than my prototypes. When these problems happen I usually take a huge loss and end up providing a prepaid label and then refunding, or mailing out the proper product to make things work. So this time we’re doing things differently and I’m not going to create a ton of unnecessary email work for myself and hassle for more customers than it needs to be.

So I have qty 360 v5 prototypes coming (around June 15th. ). 20 pieces will be going to the herb café in Canada, 20 PCs to Rec vapes uk. (Please do not load up on emails to them asking, allow them to roll out their small amounts the way they like)

Each kit will contain:

• One thick glass vortex mouthpiece
  • One metal window mouthpiece
  • Two side and bottom heated alumina ceramic cups
  • Zirconia spacer Metal base, orings, screws, and tool.
  • few other things
There will also be a limited supply of other products available to enhance the v5 experience.

The V5 is still fluid, meaning things could change if a massive amount of my prototype testers feel something is wrong, the prototype testers will most likely receive two shipments. And the cost for the prototypes could be a little bit more than the finished product due to the amount of parts provided. Please take this into consideration if you choose to buy a prototype.

I’ve been in this portable diffuser business since 2012 and we are going to do this by seniority. Release Dates to change depending on arrival of v5 prototypes. If everything goes as planned. Here is how it’s going down and who can purchase the v5 prototype

• June 17th - customers from 2014 or earlier
  • June 19th - customers from 2016 or earlier
  • June 21st - 2018 or earlier
  • June 23rd -2019 or earlier
  • June 25th -2020
We have had several hundred emails over the last few months with people asking for a v5. a lot of people have spent a good amount of money with me in 2020 and have supported my company by telling many of their friends about my products, this has not gone unnoticed. There will be discounts for past customers when the main production comes. Please understand the product will be better if it’s tested by a few hundred people before the main production begins. If something were to go wrong there’s no possible way I can handle the customer service when it comes to thousands of orders. Dealing with 360 of my oldest customers is something I can handle. Thanks for your understanding. We are very firm on this roll out and will not make exceptions. I am excited to be creating more products in the future and building off this v5 platform.

I want to express my sincerest gratitude for your many years of support and business.

Matt Macosko.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@divinetribe

Unfortunately I am very new to your system, a few days old owner but I am blown away by the V4 Sic setup I bought!
I will be watching the Herb Café in Canada closely for the V5!

I first recommended this vape to a friend over a year ago and he absolutely loves it! I was a bit slow to buy one...
Now the V5 is imminent dropping and I am super excited for this upgrade!
The prototypes have been a wild ride to watch and the videos you have posted have been mind blowing!
The heated sides seem to turn it into a bigger beast!

Some videos of the V5

And this is what I have and everyone should own one if into concentrates!!

Top Bottom