Divine Tribe atty's

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
My JoyeTech Basic came a day early! (Gotta love ordering it Friday night and getting it Monday!). Current firmware version is 4.02, which is what mine came with. Battery was 90% charged and the time and date was set, though it was off by one day and an hour (from EDT). PC and Mac software is available on the JoyeTech web site. The (pdf) manual is available there too. I got it as a kit, including the Atty, because currently that's the only way it was available and I didn't want to wait. My girlfriend will probably use the Atty with e-juice; I haven't. I paid $40 for the kit but I suspect the mod alone will probably go for $25-$30 once it becomes commonly available.

Five Clicks turns it On and Off. Three Clicks (once powered On) puts it in main settings mode. Charging port is on the side, not the bottom, and it supports pass-through charging. It charges at ~ 1A.

30 second data screen timeout. A clock can be displayed (or not) when the data screen times out, and you can set how long the clock stays on. You can also independently have the clock as part of the data display while you're firing it.

The puffs (seconds) timer stays on longer now, long enough so that after a hit I can see how long it was. This little improvement is great and makes the puff timer actually useful...

Power Off settings:
Fire and Right (+) = TCR settings
Fire and Left (-) = Battery Voltage (not mentioned in the manual, hold for five seconds)
As with the eVic Mini, the same 20 clicks of the Fire button (when the unit is off) will bring up the current firmware version. Ignore the screen coming on after five clicks and keep on clicking until you get to 20 clicks, at which point the firmware version info will display.

Power On settings:
Fire and Right (+) = Clock On/Off/Timeout and Logo On/Off
Fire and Left (-) = Stealth Mode (not mentioned in the manual, hold for five seconds)
Right (+) and Left (-) = Key Lock On/Off (not mentioned in the manual, hold for five seconds)

There is no display rotate command that I've found. Yes, you can set the maximum initial wattage in TC mode.

I haven't had time to use/test it in TC mode with my DT Atty yet, but I expect it to work the same as the eVic Mini does, which is great, since the chip sets use pretty much the same logic. The eVic Mini is my goto mod when I use the DT Atty and I'm sure the Basic will be as well when I want the smaller package. I'll get to testing it with the DT Atty in TC mode tomorrow or the next day...

It's nice in the hand, much like the miniVolt is, and unlike the Artery. And it doesn't turn itself off after a while. The Fire button is a pretty soft touch with a physical and audible click; it's delicious. The regulatory buttons (what JoyeTech calls the plus and minus buttons) are recessed on the bottom of the mod and require a firm press. They are not as easy to use as buttons on the side would be due to their small size, recessed position, and strong spring. This doesn't much bother me as I generally only use them when I change Attys, and having the charge port on the side instead of the bottom makes much more sense to me. Maybe I would feel differently if I used the regulatory buttons a lot...

I'm liking it very much, and find it a great complement to its larger big brother, the eVic Mini (or the eVic Two Mini, if you're buying now). If you're a fan of the eVic Mini, you'll love the Basic. I got mine in black.

eVic_Basic_CUBIS_Pro_01.png

Hey, Wood, you beat me to it with your review. :clap:

I got my evic Basic in the metallic silver last week and I had a chance to have a couple of sessions on it with the good ol' DT donut, and it's TC performs exactly as well as any other current joyetech mod. I wasn't expecting anything less. :tup:

You can set any watt in any mode from 1-40w, more than enough power for us, enter 3 TCR values, and the TC feels just as smooth and responsive as it's bigger cousins. IDK why they're calling it basic, there's really nothing basic about it. :shrug: Minivolts, artery nuggs, target minis, and all those other crap-tiny mods are suddenly obsolete and irrelevant. This is the tiny mod we've all been waiting for. ;)

The cuboid mini had already been serving me admirably in this role for me for a few months, but the basic will now be purposed as my 'work' vape due to it's tiny size, taking the least space and weight in my pocket. :nod: 1500mah isn't much, but that should still be enough for several days for me, enough for a couple dozen sessions or so. Mine came with full bars on the battery out of the box and I chipped it down one pixel at the end of the extended break-in session. :tup:

kPjPjow.jpg

pZ0Jzd8.jpg

Here's the basic lined up against some comparable, small-sized mods. Lucky for me I got rid of all my artery nuggets :D that would be the closest analog, size-wise, (but not performance wise)

zRa7xeS.jpg

Can you still tell which is which? :hmm: :sherlock: ha

MHLMnOm.jpg

I had to run an errand with some papers at the building dept. last week, and I had a long wait between the next task for the day @ werk... so I decided to treat myself with an iced cold brew coffee and my inaugural session with the basic eVic. What a relaxing hour....water, coffee, kush, not much else you need! :p Made the rest of my day much more pleasant....job well done joyetech :clap:

work... work.. work.. work...work.....

stfu rihanna :rolleyes: :bang:

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

@elmoe420 as far as I can determine all these materials are identical, they are an aluminum oxide ceramic. If the crystalline structure is just so, and this occurs in the earth I believe from gradual crystallization, you get transparent material like sapphire. Same thing, chemically.

If there were an off-gassing or chemical instability problem they would not work for their intended purpose, which is precise analytical chemistry at extreme temperatures. You can torch them to bright red hot (and beyond), to clean them, and they come back ready for more. Rock solid ;-)

FWIW e-bay vendor Keepitmovin13 is very reliable, 2-3 day delivery.

Fern, I am quite tempted to try these things out myself...but there's a few critical questions first:

• can you run these sample pans straight on top of the donut, or do they require that glass / quartz button with the little holes to be placed underneath, in between the 2 parts?
  • As for cleaning the pans, can you just burn them clean in place, on top of the donut, in VW mode, just as we would normally clean our donuts? Or do you need to remove it and actually burn it clean with a separate torch? How bout an iso bath and metal tool scrape to get it clean?
  • How does the pan affect the warm up / ramp up of the temperature and temp control? Does the temperature of the pan and oil in the pan rise just as fast or very close behind the donut, or is there a significant lag?

If the downsides are minor, I would love to try these out. However, I'm looking at our potential vaping gear later this year hopefully, with larger sized donut options that many of us will likely use. I'll probably use a few small sized donuts for the more precious kinds of concentrates, (cbd shatters and such) but for sure some medium and large donuts too. :p So I don't wanna be stuck with a dozen 6mm pans quite yet :D

But if you actually have to remove these and torch em' clean to get them pearly white again,then I'll pass. :( Doesn't seem much more convenient than a naked donut if that's the case. :shrug:

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I haven't been as satisfied with my DT attys lately. And it looks like the 3.0's aren't making it out for some reason so I was looking into the alternatives.
Several of you guys tried the miracle coils, are they any better? What about these? They look like a big Hypnos Zero or new puffco atty almost but they might just be the same at the Dt with a solid disc instead of the donut? Not sure. Have any of you guys used these? Should I be a guinea pig or just go with a Miracle or DT atty?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/wax-d...ncake/382314784.html#s1-1-1b;searl|4213111237

Hey, Wood, you beat me to it with your review. :clap:

I got my evic Basic in the metallic silver last week and I had a chance to have a couple of sessions on it with the good ol' DT donut, and it's TC performs exactly as well as any other current joyetech mod. I wasn't expecting anything less. :tup:

You can set any watt in any mode from 1-40w, more than enough power for us, enter 3 TCR values, and the TC feels just as smooth and responsive as it's bigger cousins. IDK why they're calling it basic, there's really nothing basic about it. :shrug: Minivolts, artery nuggs, target minis, and all those other crap-tiny mods are suddenly obsolete and irrelevant. This is the tiny mod we've all been waiting for. ;)

The cuboid mini had already been serving me admirably in this role for me for a few months, but the basic will now be purposed as my 'work' vape due to it's tiny size, taking the least space and weight in my pocket. :nod: 1500mah isn't much, but that should still be enough for several days for me, enough for a couple dozen sessions or so. Mine came with full bars on the battery out of the box and I chipped it down one pixel at the end of the extended break-in session. :tup:

kPjPjow.jpg

pZ0Jzd8.jpg

Here's the basic lined up against some comparable, small-sized mods. Lucky for me I got rid of all my artery nuggets :D that would be the closest analog, size-wise, (but not performance wise)

zRa7xeS.jpg

Can you still tell which is which? :hmm: :sherlock: ha

stfu rihanna :rolleyes: :bang:

...dude I love my Wax pens too but have you considered an Enail! :whoa: My sister swore that she didn't need one and used only a Dr. Dabber and a DT atty for over a year. I bought her an Enail and a Liger with a SiC dish and she has cut her concentrate use by 30% and get MUCH higher.
Don't get me wrong, these are AWESOME for out and about but there are better ways of getting the goods out of concentrates at the house IMO. :2c:

Last edited:

fernand

@Vape Donkey 650 Donkey let me try to answer

• They work best directly on top of the donut
  • I haven't tried to burn them clean on the donut yet, because 1) dry burning the donuts really stresses them, and 2) it's much simpler to pop the cup out and torch it, like 10 seconds. 3) The donut stays almost completely clean. That's why I got into this in the first place, I don't like gunk under the donut and below, like cooking bacon on an electric range without using a frying pan. A removable cup is like using a pan, a different approach. But I'll try burning a cup clean on the donut sometime for ya, I'm pretty sure it would work fine if the donut doesn't crack, that's always a risk.
  • The material is quite thermally conductive. I don't see much difference in ramp-up or equilibrium temp as long as the air inlets are above the rim of the cup, i.e. not a DT.
This works very well for me on the deep well black units from Keepitmovin13. The whole cleaning dry burn, goop & alcohol swabbing etc is no longer necessary. No skin off my back whether you try it or not ;-)

@mrbonsai420 I would try them all. I was surprised to find that air inlets are very different on seemingly identical units. For whatever method you use, IMHO it's worth exploring all the different designs.

What kind of e-nail are you talking about? Like the old coil around the nail like Matt sells, or like a Bolt?

@anyone What are some great places to get an eVic basic? it looks good. The missing changing resistance display on the Pico is a limitation for me, in the end it's hard to beat Joyetech.

Last edited:

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
@fernand: 101Vape.com has the black and silver models in stock. Fast, cheap shipping in the US. (Ordered mine Fri night, had it on Monday afternoon. $6 priority shipping.)

HOWEVER, they only have the whole kit, not just the mod, which includes a CUBIS Pro Mini Atomizer. Cost is $40. I didn't find anywhere that both had the mod only and was located in the US. I didn't make an exhaustive search though. If you don't mind w a i t i n g, fasttech has the mods in all colors for pre-order at $30, or as the whole kit for $43 (with a five day wait, two to six week usual shipping times, and which is more than 101Vape charges...).

Loving mine, btw, and it works great with the DT 2.5 Atty (just like the larger eVic Mini does).

Cleezy

I have been reading and searching this thread..... Tons of good info but if anyone could help me locate some particulars it would be awesome. I have a DT 2.7 atty coming in today and I am going to be using it with my Cuboid 150w. I always use it in wattage for my ejuice and really don't understand TCR so I was looking for some clarity on settings before I get to go home and test! Any help or pointing in the right direction is much appreciated. So far all I know is stay in the 12w range and around 350F on temp.

Cleezy,
Reactions: ataxian

StickyShisha2

@Cleezy somewhere back in this thread, @OF talked me through setting my tc100w tcr to 245 and set a maximum wattage.

having successfully done this, i was able to use the instruction booklet to set-up my new Pico without help.

fernand

I just got my 2.5 deep dish w/ Pyrex cap (really wanted one of those). As expected, the air inlets are way down in the well. Can't use a ceramic cup in the well, as air hitting the cup throws the TC way off. I guess I'll save it to use by the "bacon right on the spiral" approach, though honestly, after using the ceramic cup it's like going back in time, with dinosaurs crossing the road.

@Haywood, good to see you active, thanks, Man! My main Chinese source is Gearbest just because only they take PayPal. I'll grab a Basic when something breaks. For now I've been using Kayfun SvoeMesto V4 clones and other RTAs atop Mini VFs for e-liquid, and a mini eVic VTC and a PICO for oil. The little removable ceramic cups can be preloaded with different erls, and the cleaning of the donut is hugely reduced, pretty much eliminating the need for all the "mods" each with a donut and its own strain. Several pans, one stove ;-)

@Cleezy look up Temperature Control and how to set the 3 custom TCR memories (m1, m2, m3). You can start out with say 185, 210, 230. Then set it to Temp Control mode and set it to use TCR M3 (230), set wattage to 12.0, and temp to 350 F. Start with that. If it seems hotter than the 350 target temp, switch to M2 (210) and so on.

fernand

@elmoe420 Hope you're a happy vaper, I can't afford enemies ;-)
Just remember to use a donut atomizer with the air holes ABOVE the rim of the ceramic cup, like the ones keepitmovin13 sells on e-bay.

@ataxian 's mad at me because I love the Firefly and he got one and it died or fried or blew up or something, though @ataxian 's still with us, so it couldn't have leveled his house or anything.

fernand,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

@mrbonsai420 I would try them all. I was surprised to find that air inlets are very different on seemingly identical units. For whatever method you use, IMHO it's worth exploring all the different designs.

What kind of e-nail are you talking about? Like the old coil around the nail like Matt sells, or like a Bolt?

Sort of "old school" coil around the nail style with a bit of a twist. The coils are now encased in Ti and you dab into a dish of fine polished SiC, Quartz, Or Sapphire! Not quite old school if you ask me, I'm a beta tester for these so I have been testing these extensively and have them on the brain though. I know this is off topic, if you want more info the Liger thread has a lot.
Liger banger V2.0

Back on topic, Is there an update to the DT 3.0 on what it will be or when it's coming out? I still use my DT 2.7 daily but I want something new and the Bolt style enail that you mention that I also have eats through batteries. (Although it hits like a freight train!). Has anyone here found an Atomizer that performs better than the DT 2.7 yet?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@elmoe420 Hope you're a happy vaper, I can't afford enemies ;-)
Just remember to use a donut atomizer with the air holes ABOVE the rim of the ceramic cup, like the ones keepitmovin13 sells on e-bay.

@ataxian 's mad at me because I love the Firefly and he got one and it died or fried or blew up or something, though @ataxian 's still with us, so it couldn't have leveled his house or anything.
@fernand Please don't give me any credit!
I blew it! I got sucker punched!

Wish I would have bought it straight from them?
My bad! (it did taste so good before it died)!

I had all this SHATTER and don't even know what is the name?

Peace & love!

OLD SCHOOL = aluminum foil, match, straw, honey oil

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: OF

Vape Donkey 650

...dude I love my Wax pens too but have you considered an Enail! :whoa:

I have an e- nail but I hardly ever use it. I have titanium and quartz nails, as well as quartz bangers with swivel carbs and all that stuff, but it doesn't do the job for me the way DT donuts do. I'd say the main drawbacks of an e-nail vs DT donuts is the convenience and also the vape quality

For convenience, I find it much more of a hassle to plug in a box and coil into the wall, attach to my rig and wait for it to warm up for a few minutes or so. I tend to keep a few donuts pre-loaded, so in all the time I would spend setting up an e-nail, I could have puffed maybe 2 donut loads almost to completion! :o Then I'm done :ko: I'd still be waiting for my banger to equalize, in that time, and then I don't have a large, super-heated metal coil sitting on my desk, just waiting for me to clumsily knock it over and start a fire! :p :disgust:

Regarding the vape quality, I simply cannot match the purity and also volume of vapor that DT donuts with TC can generate, with any large, imprecisely-heated mineral slab. (e-nail) If I want to get pure, medical-grade, low-temp, toxin-free vape (and not smoke) with an e-nail, it seems I have to set it really low, like 450-500F. But set that low, the vape production is a meager, inconsistent stream, still not as pure as a good DT. If I want to get a nice cloud (I always do) it seems I have to set it closer to 600F, and that type of "vape" really resembles smoke to me. Thicker, hotter, nastier, harsher...still has alot of good stuff in it, but this is not what i'm seeking. You probably don't know I'm medically restricted in what I can inhale. Allergies, sinus disease, and being prone to asthma gives my body a pretty low tolerance to smoke, before I start feeling like shit and can't breathe. So a 600F mineral slab is not a good choice for me. The relatively small 7mm ceramic disc, almost a mini-enail itself, can heat up near instantly, control it's temp fairly precisely and transfer just enough heat energy to my oil to vape alot of it quickly, but also with enough control to not catalyze pyrolosis or cause any combustion, when everything's working well.

:o

whoa sorry for the long, personal counter-rant :D I just want to put into perspective why I'm so into DT donuts vs. any other way to inhale concentrates. I don't doubt that you and lots of other people love your e-nails, and they work for you and give you the kind of vape experience you seek. It's just not for me. :shrug:

My sister swore that she didn't need one and used only a Dr. Dabber and a DT atty for over a year. I bought her an Enail and a Liger with a SiC dish and she has cut her concentrate use by 30% and get MUCH higher.
Don't get me wrong, these are AWESOME for out and about but there are better ways of getting the goods out of concentrates at the house IMO. :2c:

Regarding the need to cut concentrate use, that's not really a problem for me. :D Actually kind of the opposite, I have a rather hefty stash of concentrates, lots of variety, hardly any type or strain I have more than 1g, and I want to vape them all! :o (first world problems are the best problems :)) Not in the sense that I want to run through grams really quick, but I do want to switch back and forth between different strains and forms with quickness and ease.

With an e-nail, after a single dab, I'm left with a smoldering pool of carbonized crap, which I don't find very appealing. If I want to quickly sample another strain after that first dab, I better swab up / clean that crusty reclaim pool right away, or switch to another banger and wait for that to warm up? :shrug: Not very convenient. And I am not gonna put a fresh dab over that pool of ash or try to breathe in that crap. :(

Also regarding useage and efficiency, I find I have to put a much larger scoop of oil on my tool with a banger and e-nail to get a decent cloud, vs the donuts. Like, at least 100mg or so for an e-nail dab. I can match those kind of clouds out of meager 20mg of specks n' flecks of some pre-melted crumble on a donut. Putting 20mg of crumble or shatter on an e-nail feels like a total waste, by comparison. I can barely get anything that from that little, maybe I'm doing something wrong. :hmm:

It takes me maybe 3-4 weeks to finish up a gram, and I'm ok with that consumption level (a little more would be ok :D) but I would like to seek easier ways to cleanly, easily switch between dabbing different oils on the same device. Until then, multiple mods with their own donuts each dedicated to it's own strain is working for me :tup:

I haven't been as satisfied with my DT attys lately. And it looks like the 3.0's aren't making it out for some reason so I was looking into the alternatives.

I would like to know why you're disappointed with donuts, recently? :huh: :sherlock: Like I said, we're different guys with different tastes, so different devices may suit us differently, or maybe different devices for different occasions?

Gettin bummed out with a dirty donut? Too lazy to clean it often or the taste of old reclaim underneath making your vape not as good as it can be? I deal with this, but I have a moderate tolerance for a bit of reclaim in the cup, since I don't have to super-heat it each time I session.

Or is the donut's capacity to small for you? I can see that, coming from big-time e-nail guys. If you simply insist on putting 100, 200 mg or more for each load or session, the v2.5 DT donut simply won't cut it for you. :( I'm hoping v3.0 will increase that capacity for us soon, without diminishing or sacrificing the excellent vape quality the 2.5 can make :nod:

Have you put much effort to fine tune and maximize your donut performance? Have you vaped your DT donuts on a large, 18mm rig with a high-flow, low-drag perc and with an un-restrictive, high-flow connection between the atty and the input on the rig, and TC power higher than 12w?

Everyone's being scare-mongered into using 12w, which substantially limits vapor production and heat-up time, especially when new users might be over-loading their donuts. They over-draw on the mouth-piece 1 second into the button-press with their fresh load, (like a "wax pen") splash everything, make no cloud, conclude it's junk, and throw it away, never to re-examine. I've seen many newbs come in here and leave just like that. A little guidance and trial-and-error can make their donut's go alot harder. ;) No downsides too.

I need to take some videos for you guys of how cloudy I can make things with my new 1/2" "SonG" adapters and my larger rigs. I think you'd be impressed with how hard these little things can go, if you had a chance to try one or make one for yourself, Mr.Bonsai. :)

I could be wrong, but if the only way you've tried your DT on a large rig is connected through the mouthpiece, held upside down, well, you're probably gonna think it sucks and isn't potent. Because you'll be splashing more than half your loaded oil rather than vaping it.....:ninja: :D

Last edited:
Vape Donkey 650,

Vape Donkey 650

• They work best directly on top of the donut
  • I haven't tried to burn them clean on the donut yet, because 1) dry burning the donuts really stresses them, and 2) it's much simpler to pop the cup out and torch it, like 10 seconds. 3) The donut stays almost completely clean. That's why I got into this in the first place, I don't like gunk under the donut and below, like cooking bacon on an electric range without using a frying pan. A removable cup is like using a pan, a different approach. But I'll try burning a cup clean on the donut sometime for ya, I'm pretty sure it would work fine if the donut doesn't crack, that's always a risk.
  • The material is quite thermally conductive. I don't see much difference in ramp-up or equilibrium temp as long as the air inlets are above the rim of the cup, i.e. not a DT.
This works very well for me on the deep well black units from Keepitmovin13. The whole cleaning dry burn, goop & alcohol swabbing etc is no longer necessary. No skin off my back whether you try it or not ;-)

I just got my 2.5 deep dish w/ Pyrex cap (really wanted one of those). As expected, the air inlets are way down in the well. Can't use a ceramic cup in the well, as air hitting the cup throws the TC way off. I guess I'll save it to use by the "bacon right on the spiral" approach, though honestly, after using the ceramic cup it's like going back in time, with dinosaurs crossing the road.

Damn....so encouraging, then so disappointing, all in a matter of days. :( I had some hope for this method, but hearing from you that it doesn't work on Matt's deep bowls pretty much kills the project for me. Thanks for "toftt" With the new v3's supposedly so close on the horizon, I don't want to sink more time and money into fine-tuning the 2.5s, nor do I want to go buy a bunch of counterfeit donuts just to try the griddle method.

Hopefully the v3's will have some airflow high enough above the donut to make this method a viable option. :tup:

The last detail that you left unanswered, fern, would be cleaning the little ceramic cups: can you get them fully clean by just soaking in isopropyl for a while and maybe gently scraping? :huh: As I hinted in my recent anti-e-nail tirade, I do not have a big torch, and I'm not gonna get one just for this purpose. But the gemini milligram scale is still on the amazon-to-buy list I keep in my head ;):cool:

@anyone What are some great places to get an eVic basic? it looks good. The missing changing resistance display on the Pico is a limitation for me, in the end it's hard to beat Joyetech.

I got mine at "myvaporstore" all the way over in new york, they shipped it real quick. :bowdown:I checked 101vape and they must have stocked it only a day or two after i ordered, because I didn't see it there before I bought through MVS. 101vape is legit, I've bought several things from them before, never had a problem, surely should ship quick for those of us in CA. Only downside, gotta pay sales tax :( And you have to prove to them you're over 21 by sending them a pic of your ID, passport, etc, to comply with new CA laws recently in effect, because of the legislature's infinite wisdom and benevolence, to prevent the yung'n's from gettin vape gear. :disgust: Nice try, Gov. Moonbeam, but won't the youths just order from a vape store in nevada with their parent's borrowed credit card, instead? :cuss::rant: :lol:

@Haywood, good to see you active, thanks, Man! My main Chinese source is Gearbest just because only they take PayPal. I'll grab a Basic when something breaks. For now I've been using Kayfun SvoeMesto V4 clones and other RTAs atop Mini VFs for e-liquid, and a mini eVic VTC and a PICO for oil. The little removable ceramic cups can be preloaded with different erls, and the cleaning of the donut is hugely reduced, pretty much eliminating the need for all the "mods" each with a donut and its own strain. Several pans, one stove ;-)

gear worst.....:rolleyes: I ordered another pico in stainless steel here, for another friend of mine who is too busy / lazy / paranoid to buy his own shit.... I still can't find a domestically based retailer that has the pico in this color. :doh: Took gear-worst 9 days just to ship it out after they took my money :o Ended up taking over 40 days to arrive? Gotta check the emails. Way too long... I think this is even over their self-stated policies and limitations...they were supposed to offer me a refund or send another package if it takes that long? The pico did make it's way to my house, but I would definitely avoid them in the future.

Plus, they're spamming the shit out of me (even more than DHgate) and I tried to opt-out and cancel these spams, but it seems I'm only getting moar of them now! :cuss: :mad:

Last edited:
Vape Donkey 650,

fernand

Well, yeah, doh, but they built a wall!

40 days? whoa. On the whole I buy stateside. I had good first experiences with GearWurst, but that was that. I got a nice authentic white Pico on e-bay for $35 from vapeCentral305. Came in 2 days from Fla to Cali. Looks like he's outta stock now. The only stuff worth buying from China IMHO is stuff that truly isn't here. The e-bay vendors are mostly little people that buy a case from China and parcel e'm out. You know, like ...

fernand,

I'm confused. Did this thread turn into a discussion about vapes in general? It seems like you guys are talking about everything but DT products.

Could be wrong though, I quit following DT and this topic about 30 pages ago.

Und3rd0g

Hi, i just purchased the 1st gen DC True Ceramic Atomizer and would like to use it with my Joyetech eVic-VTCMini (2500 mAh battery) mainly for tobacco.

I'm no expert and can't figure out how to set these parameters in TCR mode:

- M1/M2/M3 value range
- Temperature and Watt
- Coil Ω locked or not?

Could someone give me a hint on how to set it correctly?

P.S. i've found this table at http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp# but i don't know if it's useful for this type of atomizer

Und3rd0g,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have an e- nail but I hardly ever use it. I have titanium and quartz nails, as well as quartz bangers with swivel carbs and all that stuff, but it doesn't do the job for me the way DT donuts do. I'd say the main drawbacks of an e-nail vs DT donuts is the convenience and also the vape quality

For convenience, I find it much more of a hassle to plug in a box and coil into the wall, attach to my rig and wait for it to warm up for a few minutes or so. I tend to keep a few donuts pre-loaded, so in all the time I would spend setting up an e-nail, I could have puffed maybe 2 donut loads almost to completion! :o Then I'm done :ko: I'd still be waiting for my banger to equalize, in that time, and then I don't have a large, super-heated metal coil sitting on my desk, just waiting for me to clumsily knock it over and start a fire! :p :disgust:

Regarding the vape quality, I simply cannot match the purity and also volume of vapor that DT donuts with TC can generate, with any large, imprecisely-heated mineral slab. (e-nail) If I want to get pure, medical-grade, low-temp, toxin-free vape (and not smoke) with an e-nail, it seems I have to set it really low, like 450-500F. But set that low, the vape production is a meager, inconsistent stream, still not as pure as a good DT. If I want to get a nice cloud (I always do) it seems I have to set it closer to 600F, and that type of "vape" really resembles smoke to me. Thicker, hotter, nastier, harsher...still has alot of good stuff in it, but this is not what i'm seeking. You probably don't know I'm medically restricted in what I can inhale. Allergies, sinus disease, and being prone to asthma gives my body a pretty low tolerance to smoke, before I start feeling like shit and can't breathe. So a 600F mineral slab is not a good choice for me. The relatively small 7mm ceramic disc, almost a mini-enail itself, can heat up near instantly, control it's temp fairly precisely and transfer just enough heat energy to my oil to vape alot of quickly, but also with enough control to not catalyze pyrolosis or cause any combustion, when everything's working well.

:o

whoa sorry for the long, personal counter-rant :D I just want to put into perspective why I'm so into DT donuts vs. any other way to inhale concentrates. I don't doubt that you and lots of other people love your e-nails, and they work for you and give you the kind of vape experience you seek. It's just not for me. :shrug:

I actually enjoy both. You can't really use a plug in enail in the car very easily. That's what I use my DT Atty's for. And they work great for that. But I find that a properly setup Liger with SiC or Sapphire or a Dnail SiC or Sapphire Halo both outperform any pen vape including the DT 2.7 by leaps and bounds. I do look forward to the day that a pen can match the vapor production and flavor of an enail but that hasn't happened yet IMO.
Another method that has much more flavor and effects than the DT atty IMO is the cloud Evo and Vapexnails.Vapor is clean, blue, and delicious! That is second only to the Liger enail IMO. But to each his own ;) I just spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars a month on meds and couldn't be satisfied with any 1 method, especially if a Pen vape was it.
But you don't have to sell me on a DT atty, I use them every single day. I was just letting you know of a possible second way for you to enjoy your meds. I didn't know if you had tried some of the next gen options that beat the crap out of Ti nails and quartz bangers of the past that employ a combination of materials such as silicon carbide and Sapphire. The only 2 that employ SiC and Sapphire are the Liger and Dnail halos as of now now I'm sure others will follow.
I do however have a lot of DT atty's and the best mod around for the car, so until someone clues me into something better for my Vtwo mini these definitely do the trick.
Does anyone here have a Miracle coil or OEN Atty? Just wondering how they stack up to the old DT? I think I just want an excuse to buy a new toy, someone give me something new to buy! lol.

mrbonsai420,

NimbusVapor

I just saw that the atmos kiln RA is out and it looks like it has all the features mat was talking about in the 3.0. I assume , based on how the atmos kiln was just like the dt atomizer, the new dt 3.0 will be pretty much the same as the new atmos kiln RA?

jsnstanley

If trying to compare enail or desktop unit with any battery mod/atty, You won’t beat a ‘Hercules’ for vapor production and flavor in a portable device, period. That Atmos kiln looks exactly as the DT 3.0 seemingly is described.

PoopMachine

If trying to compare enail or desktop unit with any battery mod/atty, You won’t beat a ‘Hercules’ for vapor production and flavor in a portable device, period. That Atmos kiln looks exactly as the DT 3.0 seemingly is described.

I dont want to keep derailing this thread but what is this Hercules I keep seeing everyone talk about?

elmoe420

I dont want to keep derailing this thread but what is this Hercules I keep seeing everyone talk about?

It is another portable concentrate atomizer made by a different company. There is a thread on these forums devoted largely to the Hercules:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-persei-vaporizer-for-herbs-and-concentrates.4873/unread

In general I think it would be best to steer the conversation back to the DT line of products. There are other places to discuss other products.

I tried grabbing some of those alumina micro crucibles but unfortunately ran into the problem with the air holes being set too low in the DT donut "deep bowl". A crucible that was a tight fit will just completely block the air holes. I then tried using a alumina crucible that was smaller in diameter so as not to cover the air holes, leaving a gap between the crucible and the interior wall of the DT. However, then the fit was too loose and I had issues with the crucible "riding up" the chamber due to the force of the air even when trying to draw very gently. I still like the concept though and will continue to experiment.

b3team

I really appreciate Fernand's contributions, I think the crucible is a very logical "next step". I have ordered 3 crucibles from ebay from a Chinese seller. I also ordered the black ebay DT-clone that Fernand linked to. In a few weeks when I get everything, I will update.

b3team,

Hoosier

I really appreciate Fernand's contributions, I think the crucible is a very logical "next step". I have ordered 3 crucibles from ebay from a Chinese seller. I also ordered the black ebay DT-clone that Fernand linked to. In a few weeks when I get everything, I will update.

I haven't kept up with this thread, so maybe its already been discussed, but you guys are really just recreating the atomizers that source has recently come out with. Is there something particular that you think you can achieve by doing this in a DT body that inst being achieved with the source product?

Hoosier,

b3team

I haven't kept up with this thread, so maybe its already been discussed, but you guys are really just recreating the atomizers that source has recently come out with. Is there something particular that you think you can achieve by doing this in a DT body that inst being achieved with the source product?

I just ordered the atomizer and 3 crucibles. I paid less than 22 dollars for everything shipped. I get to pick the exact diameter and height of the crucibles I want. This atomizer/crucible combo will work with my PICO and cuboid boxes.

I'm not sure how these points stack up against the Source stuff, but I can guess that it will be more expensive, not as many options, and possibly requires other "source" gear to operate.

b3team,
Top Bottom