Divine Tribe atty's

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
20220829_171630-scaled.jpg

LIghtning cups, anyone ?
These cups are blast, they heat up quick and cool off quicky also.
It's a little tricky dealing with the tiny screws on the SIC Quest, but, totally worth it !
I've seen one guy put it on their Core 2.0 housing.
Like this:

dt-lightning-on-core-housing-crop.jpg

Now, this is purely UNOFFICIAL, this Core 2.0 adaptation ,heh.
Meanwhile, using the lightning cups on the SIC Quest is an absolute dream !

Use TCR 130 - 36 watts - 400-500 F. I'm on 420 F myself lately with these.

They are a total KICKER, man they kick out the vapor !
Read my review here to learn more !

Wooo hooo !
Good job Matt, another winner !

Dsanch310

I have one and I'm using it with a bottom less banger and various of my rigs. I have it on a pico running artic fox. I have an isipire daab I got back from warranty brand new in the box still since I've had this set up I haven't even opened my newly sent daab. From what u remember it produced the same if not less consistent dense thick tasty not burnt clouds of terps. That perfect balance where it milks the most out of the dab instead of burning it or just melting it and making it bubble. I've yet to use a v5. Is there any reason to try the v5 over these lightning side heaters and is the core any more accurate than the pico of af? I don't see my set up improving much any idea please let me know. Other than convince (and thats relative because it's convenient for me to use my own rigs) I don't see the point of the core if you have a bottomless banger and AF mods...as far as the v5 heater if I could get some comparisons to the lighting that'd be much appreciated.

Also I use a 3mm SIC terp pearl on my lightning so that heats the bottom when needed just thought I'd through that out there because I know the v5 has bottom heating however I almost feel it's better not heated so it doesn't all evaporate and when I need to I can swirl the terp pearl to get any last but left I'm the cup.

Last edited:

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
The "Black Polished Side Heated Lightning Cups" arrived today and I just installed one in my dusty old QQ. The QQ originally came with a quartz cup with two embedded rod heaters. The new cups are really outstanding and breathed new life into an old friend. I could never go back. A couple of tips. If you order these for your QQ order a couple of O-Rings with them. If your O-Rings are as old as mine were they'll probably want to be replaced. When you install the cup, be careful you don't short out the wires on the raised lips of the baseplate the old quartz cup lived on. The baseplate also happens to be the positive terminal. In particular check where the wires are bonded to the cup to make sure they're not touching the baseplate's edges. If I get a chance I'll take a picture.

I haven't installed the other cup in one of my V5s (and I don't think I will), and I don't have a Core, but I understand the new cups work fine there.

Matt has made a lot of progress since the QQ. :) I also have a V4 with both the quartz and SiC cups. I have two V5s. So I have an idea about the different kind of cups and heaters. The V5 cup and this cup are my favorite material by far. I didn't care for the amount of care the quartz cups needed to stay clean and I didn't care for the slow-to-heat and slow-to-cool-off characteristics of SiC.

I only have an hour or two of tasting with the new cups but so far I prefer them to the V5 cup. They heat up faster and the tall narrow design seems to give me much bigger hits with less coughing. I'm using the glass mouthpiece that came with the QQ and it fits perfectly with the tall narrow cup. The little air tube extends down into the cup maybe a mm and the air stream is against the (in)side of the cup. None of my other glass and metal mouthpieces fit the QQ base so I haven't been able to use my hubble with it, but as I said, even with the top of the cup (inside the glass mouthpiece) only being 1" away from your mouth, I'm still not coughing or burning my throat. And no splashing at all, so far. (Though I never really got splashing from the V5s).

I don't, however, set my temp to 500°. I took Matt's recommendation of 28 watts with a TCR of 130 (which passes the scotched Q-Tip test), but 500° is WAY too hot for me. I set my temp to 400° which is what I have my V5s set to. Arctic Fox on a couple of vtc minis.

Are there any other mouthpieces that fit the QQ base? I'd love to be able to use my hubble with the "rejuvenated" QQ.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
500° is WAY too hot for me. I set my temp to 400°

Indeed, I've got my lightning cup at 420 F right now, 500 is way too much for me as well.
However, I'm not sure I understand you about your hubble not fitting your QQ with a glass top ?
The glass top of the SIC Quest has a 14mm glass top, maybe you're talking about the original Quest with quartz....I don't recall which top that one had.
if I could get some comparisons to the lighting that'd be much appreciated.

The lightning cup and v5 cup are the same material. I wouldn't personally worry about acquiring a v5 if you are happy with the lightning cup.
The lightning cup, if anything, produces more vapor than v5, generally, it seems.

Now, onto some fun, here' s a post from Waxpen.Garage, showing a v4 and a v5 working in perfect harmony:

:bigleaf::mmmm:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Sometimes I feel this thread is ripe to warrant the creation of a simple infographic depicting the evolution of the DT atty range, with a short description of each version features or at least what improvement(s) they brought to the table.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
simple infographic depicting the evolution of the DT atty range

Yeah, good idea, I've been using DT stuff since the V2.1.... I'd have to look deep to find one of my old ones though... that was years ago....
But uh
Are you the @KeroZen that I bought my super Solo battery from many years ago ?
If so, thanks a ton ! That was great !
I'll see if I can put together a Divine Tribe summary of sorts !

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I'm not sure I understand you about your hubble not fitting your QQ with a glass top ?
The glass top of the SIC Quest has a 14mm glass top, maybe you're talking about the original Quest with quartz....I don't recall which top that one had.
I have the original CC and mine came with a glass top with a mouthpiece. In fact, I seem to have two (not sure why, I don't recall). The air intake tube is a bit different between the two and one has a flared mouthpiece. I'll drop the DT boys a note asking if they have a glass top for the original QQ that connects to the hubble.

Haywood,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Ah, yeah, I see them now.
The silicone adapter wont fit on that eh?
Hm I wonder if a SIC Quest glass top would fit on an Original QQ base... :)
Aha! I forgot all about the V5 rubber stopper silicon adapter. Let me dig it out of my V5 spare parts box... It fits, sorta, but very badly.

Haywood,

~Elizabeth~

~fucking combustion since June 1st, 2022~
20220829_171630-scaled.jpg

LIghtning cups, anyone ?
These cups are blast, they heat up quick and cool off quicky also.
It's a little tricky dealing with the tiny screws on the SIC Quest, but, totally worth it !
I've seen one guy put it on their Core 2.0 housing.
Like this:

dt-lightning-on-core-housing-crop.jpg

Now, this is purely UNOFFICIAL, this Core 2.0 adaptation ,heh.
Meanwhile, using the lightning cups on the SIC Quest is an absolute dream !

Use TCR 130 - 36 watts - 400-500 F. I'm on 420 F myself lately with these.

They are a total KICKER, man they kick out the vapor !
Read my review here to learn more !

Wooo hooo !
Good job Matt, another winner !
question: can one equip that cool, see-through glass atty with quartz cups? o: l have the V4 and one of my most disliked things about it is that it's hard to tell just how low one is getting with material without popping the cover off and on. Sometimes repeatedly lol. Wondering what others do with non see through options such as mine. Maybe go off density of clouds? (or lack thereof)

Hippie

Yes - I use a v4 crucible glass vortex top with my v4 to see what's happening

There's a steel window top too

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Oh really? After the first two or three hits, it starts tasting like ass to me. I can't distinguish it's "done-ness" because to me it all tastes the same after the first couple of hits lol. Quite a skill ya got there~
So here's a test you can make. After the first couple of hits, just before it's going to taste like ass, put the pipe down for a while until you're not baked anymore. When you're no longer stoned, take another couple of (now ass tasting) hits and see if you get stoned. You may find that the last bunch of ass tasting hits don't really get you stoned, and you can just do the tasty hits and then clean the bowl with a q-tip.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
BabyFacedFinster,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
After the first two or three hits, it starts tasting like ass to me. I

Well maybe I just don't like tasting ass.

ha
well ummm
one thing with the v4/v5 is they are LAYGO devices, which means Load As You Go.
the idea is to only put enuff in the cup to hit 2-3 times.
also, as stated, when you add too much, the ass part no longer contains enough THC to properly work for one and thus is not only a waste but an unpleasant one.
hope this helps ! :)

DJ Colonel Corn,
Reactions: Haywood

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hey guys.

Evolv, the company that makes the DNA chip for mods... has just added Autofire to their Escribe software, beta release only for now.
Autofire, is, of course, when the mod keeps firing with 1 touch of the button, or in some cases, two or more touches.
Arcitic Fox has always been pretty much the only firmware that has supported Autofire, until now.
Escribe is the software used to customize DNA-equipped mods. Only the Windows version currently has this feature.
Here are the Escribe downloads that include this beta feature:

Beta Session Mode (Autofire) Downloads for Windows

For the US version, these two:

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP44_US.exe

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP44_US_ServicePack.exe

For the International Version, these two:

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP44_INT.exe

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP44_INT_ServicePack.exe

This test firmware adds a "Session Mode".

In Session Mode, the Fire button turns firing on and off, instead of continuing while the button is held.

Session Mode works compatibly with all other functions of the device.

You can activate it on a profile using EScribe Suite, or it can be added to a theme using Atomizer -> Session Mode -> Enable and Atomizer -> Session Mode -> Time. I expect new themes will add support for this, especially since it will be supported on all Color devices. (To activate in Current Profile just Check the Session Box and supply Max Time)

Confirmed Working on DNA 75C/100C/250C.

So folks, if you didn't get a DNA because it didn't have autofire, or you have a DNA...this is WELCOME NEWS for us DT enthusiasts !

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
ha
well ummm
one thing with the v4/v5 is they are LAYGO devices, which means Load As You Go.
the idea is to only put enuff in the cup to hit 2-3 times.

also, as stated, when you add too much, the ass part no longer contains enough THC to properly work for one and thus is not only a waste but an unpleasant one.
hope this helps ! :)
This is what kind of ticks me off.

I like the DTV5, i think it is the best in the market. What i don't like are battery mods. They can be heavy? Regardless, i have no issues with the DTV5.

Coil King seems like the new buzz - it is a all in one. it is more pocket friendly and it is very lightweight.

otherwise, i still love the DTV5 ...

wm762,

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
So folks, if you didn't get a DNA because it didn't have autofire, or you have a DNA...this is WELCOME NEWS for us DT enthusiasts !
I'm not a huge fan of open sourced firmware aka custom firmware. I get it and all but come on, this is just a atomizer.

I prefer Eleaf branding with the latest smart chip. It is more of a plug and play - you don't have to install or use a computer just to update things LOL.

wm762,
Top Bottom