DeskPod by ModPod Labs

Vasgas

So much stainless steel...
How does it taste, flavor wise? My Supreme V4 rules for flavor as you know.
Not much news about this one yet.
You're right. Way more steel than quartz but focus seems to be on the quartz.

Is the quartz supposed to color up like that? Or was it dabbed on, I wonder?

lazylathe

Almost there...

I would think it was a white sandblasted color when new, similar to a frosted joint.
The brown staining may be from dabbing or just hot vapor returning after a hit if it is not removed.

Been interested in this one but for some reason itnhqs not been very popular.

Vasgas

I would think it was a white sandblasted color when new, similar to a frosted joint.
The brown staining may be from dabbing or just hot vapor returning after a hit if it is not removed.
Or from a new coil, not burned off?

Been interested in this one but for some reason itnhqs not been very popular.
Me too. I was very interested until I read more on Reddit and FC. I think it's because it doesn't offer anything too different? Its more of a hybrid steel+quartz. Those who likes steel will stick with all steel, while those who prefers quartz will probably mind having so much steel. So in the end, probably doesn't appeal to either.

Owner also seems to be unsure. Info has been contradictory. For a while, some retailers said they'll stock it. Then, seems the owner changed his mind. Then, it became only available in US. There are also mentions of maker being rude to outside US buyers?

I decided against it after seeing so many other new models. The choices are quite aplenty these days. Priced more appropriately too.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Then, it became only available in US. There are also mentions of maker being rude to outside US buyers?

Only replying to this part, because I think there was some miscommunication initially thinking it would work overseas, the plugs or power whatever, I think that was all... I think Dan is a stand-up guy in general, don't think he would be rude unnecessarily, stock falling through with retailers could be due to the high cost as well? I too was very interested in this a while ago, but I agree about the competition, that another brand in particular had risen and stolen all my interest!

Skilles

So much stainless steel...
How does it taste, flavor wise? My Supreme V4 rules for flavor as you know.
Not much news about this one yet.
Taste is pretty decent. I'd say the supreme with the tube is slightly better and it edges out the e43 by a little bit.

Haven't dabbed on it. First time I opened it up after I've been using it for a couple months so I don't know for sure, but it's probably from vapor condensing.
Or from a new coil, not burned off?

Me too. I was very interested until I read more on Reddit and FC. I think it's because it doesn't offer anything too different? Its more of a hybrid steel+quartz. Those who likes steel will stick with all steel, while those who prefers quartz will probably mind having so much steel. So in the end, probably doesn't appeal to either.

Owner also seems to be unsure. Info has been contradictory. For a while, some retailers said they'll stock it. Then, seems the owner changed his mind. Then, it became only available in US. There are also mentions of maker being rude to outside US buyers?

I decided against it after seeing so many other new models. The choices are quite aplenty these days. Priced more appropriately too.
Aside from the business drama, it's a pretty nice vape. I would seriously consider getting it over a flowerpot if the price is the same. One thing I've noticed though, this thing performs a lot better with a carb cap. I initially didn't buy the nv carb cap but I DIY'd one using a glass adapter and it seriously impressed me after. The air restriction lets me turn it down 30-40 degrees (currently at 560) and instantly milk a piece with one pull.

Shit Snacks

Just one? IDB, OldHead, Qaromashop, Brod, Refc, Couchlock? Am i missing any? Which one managed to steal all your interest? I'm very curious. I'd at least have to pick 2-3 from the list :lol:

PM me if it's too off topic lol :spliff::spliff::spliff:

It is off topic, but in case anyone else is interested I was referring to IDB Cloud Connoisseur ;) trying to control myself, have my eye on some others, OH and CL look really nice to me... Cannot tell exactly what is special about the qaroma like not sure what it is but keeping an eye on it, brod I am blanking on though! Feel free to pm me now lol

Back on topic it is good to get some more positive user report on this particular beast in here at least!!

simba

@weedanwine
Been living with this a good few months now and love it. It is my first desktop vape of this variety, got the last unit that Urbanistic had in stock. Tbf they'd had that one in for a good few months whilst I thought about it so doesn't seem this was popular but it's solid af.

Shit Snacks

Nice! Yeah I think the price and competition have prevented this one from popularity...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BigJr48

Some-new-user

Yes I believe that the trend of terp pearls, open source projects that are similar and there are other manufacturers doing similar designs that this hasn't been as 'successful' as Mr ModPod might have hoped or that people concieve as success.

It works - it gives tasty hits from some really small amounts of herb ✅
This has sold across the globe ✅
It looks cool ✅
We're talking about it here, now ✅

I'd call that a success - I keep reminding myself that we're trying to keep a record (log) for everyone that comes after us. So they can learn, take concepts, straight up copy them or actually put their own twist on things. We're in an amazing pool of time where people are trying things and coming up with interesting ideas the quartz is a really nice touch and if you are familiar with the Stem pod I'm glad they didn't go down the 510 attachment on some sort of brick route although that would be cool to see.

simba

@weedanwine
I've never tried to share from insta to a forum before so not sure if this link will work, but we'll see. Wake an bake from this morning on the Deskpod

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I've never tried to share from insta to a forum before so not sure if this link will work, but we'll see. Wake an bake from this morning on the Deskpod

This doesn't work, you didn't share a link to the post, you shared a general video link, so it just shows a random video when you click on it btw

Shit Snacks,

simba

@weedanwine
This doesn't work, you didn't share a link to the post, you shared a general video link, so it just shows a random video when you click on it btw
Which is weird because the link came from the share button on the post 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

Any other insta users know what's going on? Or a better way to post a video here?

simba,

Shit Snacks

Which is weird because the link came from the share button on the post 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

Any other insta users know what's going on? Or a better way to post a video here?

Click on the video itself, find the original post of the video, not within the video section of the app? Then click the top dots to share the link / post

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Yeah that's exactly what I did 😕

Hmm try clicking on the username who posted it, that should take you to their page, then you can click on the post with the video again, to share it? Unfortunately if it was a video from a story, it's possible that you cannot share links to those at all...

Shit Snacks,

simba

@weedanwine
Ok let's try it again, this time I checked the link in a browser after copying the link and it navigated to the correct video so here's hoping 🤞🏽

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfLsolsI9sG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

EDIT - Instagram links are weird as fuck! So copied this new link in, tried it on my laptop and it goes to the correct post. Try the same link through my phone and it opens a random instagram video, but then if I open the link in a new chrome tab on my phone it navigates to the correct video, WTAF 🤦🏽‍♂️

Hmm try clicking on the username who posted it, that should take you to their page, then you can click on the post with the video again, to share it? Unfortunately if it was a video from a story, it's possible that you cannot share links to those at all...
It was from my profile and it was already on the post of the video. I don't watch random videos on Instagram so never on the videos page.

It's not from a story, although you can share links to stories but kinda pointless given they disappear within 24 hours so not ideal for a forum post.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

It was from my profile and it was already on the post of the video. I don't watch random videos on Instagram so never on the videos page.

It's not from a story, although you can share links to stories but kinda pointless given they disappear within 24 hours so not ideal for a forum post.

Yeah, I selected to open in a new tab in my browser, instead of letting it click through to the app this time, so I could see the video finally! Nice haha I don't know what the deal is between mobile app, mobile browser, and desktop browser for using Instagram lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: simba

simba

@weedanwine
Yeah, I selected to open in a new tab in my browser, instead of letting it click through to the app this time, so I could see the video finally! Nice haha I don't know what the deal is between mobile app, mobile browser, and desktop browser for using Instagram lol
The deal is their Software Testing approach is a piece of shit 🤣

Still glad you could checkout the video 👍🏽 I'm waiting to get a decent bit of spare money so I can get a none China glass piece to go with it, but it's doing the job well right now. I've got some nice custom UK glass but nothing heavyweight enough for the Deskpod.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I'm waiting to get a decent bit of spare money so I can get a none China glass piece to go with it, but it's doing the job well right now. I've got some nice custom UK glass but nothing heavyweight enough for the Deskpod.

Check out the cheap glass thread here if you have not already, there's no reason to avoid China glass, some of it is very nice! Can get more expensive, but still more reasonable than domestic options typically at least...

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom