DeskPod by ModPod Labs

simba

@weedanwine
Check out the cheap glass thread here if you have not already, there's no reason to avoid China glass, some of it is very nice! Can get more expensive, but still more reasonable than domestic options typically at least...
I'm not looking for cheap glass, I already know where to find it 🤣 I just prefer to avoid Chinese labour given the ethical issues. Sure I've bought some China pieces when money has been tight and I've needed it, but if I can save the cash and pay someone that not only lives in the same country, but I know and like then all the better! My glass artist of choice is Glass Charlie, who's also done great stuff for the DV scene too.

Few pics of his work I own on my IG.

simba

@weedanwine
One thing that is a bit crap on the Deskpod is the lack of handle. I did speak to them about it and apparently they couldn't work out a workable solution so ended up not bothering 🤷🏽‍♂️

Anyways I used some thread to make this handle, ideally I'd use some more thread but I got tired of winding it. It works really well already though so I'll probably never bother doing more 😂

Also tried some old skool hash in it today using a basket screen in the bowl. Worked very well, although still think I prefer using a titanium e-nail for that kind of hash. Good when you want a cocktail though.

Top Bottom