DeskPod by ModPod Labs

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
what is this quartz heater and what is the point of the steel housing ? surely it does not work as a heat shield as it is so close to the coil. Seems like a cosmetic add-on.
SSDan's explanation of the benefits of quartz lost me a little.

Is he suggesting that the heat of the air molecules moving through the weed is somehow different coming from quartz than the heat coming from metal?

I like a lot about modpodlabs but I'm getting snake oil vibes off this.
I have no affiliation or particular interest in this product but I can confirm from my own experiments that hot air coming from quartz produces a purer flavour and a better effect than any metal heater... you can actually taste in your mouth exactly what the dry herb smells like... and more!

I have seen talk of ionisation effects from metal heaters, but I just go with the crystal vibes, man.

ArseNick

I'm hoping that guys herb is wack because that vape performance looks bad, lol.
It looks like they’re using NewVape’s stand, I’m surprised he mentions all these other vapes, but not the one he is ripping off. I’d understand if it was cheaper than the flowerpot, but it’s really not. They don’t seem like a company that is doing anything new, they just seem to be making different versions of vapes already on the market. I don’t expect a vape to be as different as the bowle, but I do expect at least a little difference from vapes already out there.

ArseNick,
I'm hoping that guys herb is wack because that vape performance looks bad, lol.

I’m guessing it’s either very low quality UK street herb or his temperature is too low. Or he really likes low temp hits. Vgoodiez said that it was a ripper in an earlier post. I believe he said it extracted fast somewhat like a flowerpot. He said it is like the glass symphony where taste takes a back seat to speed of extraction. He also mentioned his opinion demonstrates the subjectivity involved in judging vape flavor as some people think the glass symphony has top shelf taste. With heavy hitters it’s a tight race in many categories so it can be hard to judge. If I was Dan I’d be bummed that I gave my desktop to that guy to demonstrate haha. It would probably be wise to coach them on how to get big hits and maybe even throw them a 20 so they can upgrade to quads hahaha. People want to see some clouds before that drop big money.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Been saying around the corner for a while, maybe @VGOODIEZ can say when
I thought it would be available by now. Unfortunately I will not be stocking it out of the gate. I gave some feedback to Dan on his equipment selections and compatibility with other stuff on the market. The current setup he has looks compatible with the XLR connection but the wiring is different under the hood. I learned this by burning out a few controllers and coils. So with my production unit I have just been running it on a Disorderly Conduction coil. And with that the fit is just a little off.

With these issues Dan decided he'd only sell direct up front. Kinda disappointing to me as a beta tester and promoter of this product but it's his call and I respect that. Not sure when he will have them available directly.

It looks like they’re using NewVape’s stand, I’m surprised he mentions all these other vapes, but not the one he is ripping off. I’d understand if it was cheaper than the flowerpot, but it’s really not. They don’t seem like a company that is doing anything new, they just seem to be making different versions of vapes already on the market. I don’t expect a vape to be as different as the bowle, but I do expect at least a little difference from vapes already there.
He is not ripping anything off. Who do you think is selling him the stands? Dan and Edwyn have a partnership and I helped connect them. Nothing wrong with what Dan is doing. Its a different spin on what is out there. It performs very well and different enough from it's peers. There are hundreds of examples of slight variations in design making their way through the industry. If they are all so similar the ones with the best service and value will survive.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
It looks like they’re using NewVape’s stand, I’m surprised he mentions all these other vapes, but not the one he is ripping off. I’d understand if it was cheaper than the flowerpot, but it’s really not. They don’t seem like a company that is doing anything new, they just seem to be making different versions of vapes already on the market. I don’t expect a vape to be as different as the bowle, but I do expect at least a little difference from vapes already out there.

It's a pretty popular style that was once referred to as a "super vape". The typical setup is a VVPS or PID controller, a heating element, and a bowl.

You seem to think that the flowerpot was first, but this is far from the truth. The Verdamper may have been, but it's hard to say at this point.

Regardless, the bowl and power supply of every supervape is essentially functionally the same. The biggest difference is usually found within the heating element, which we haven't seen yet AFAIK.

There are actually quite a few vapes built in this style or a derivative style.

Some other supervapes to look at -

-Cloud Evo
-Herborizer
-Musa
-VapBong
-Verdamper
-Supreme

ArseNick

It's a pretty popular style that was once referred to as a "super vape". The typical setup is a VVPS or PID controller, a heating element, and a bowl.

You seem to think that the flowerpot was first, but this is far from the truth. The Verdamper may have been, but it's hard to say at this point.

Regardless, the bowl and power supply of every supervape is essentially functionally the same. The biggest difference is usually found within the heating element, which we haven't seen yet AFAIK.

There are actually quite a few vapes built in this style or a derivative style.

Some other supervapes to look at -

-Cloud Evo
-Herborizer
-Musa
-VapBong
-Verdamper
-Supreme
Tbh...Had to google verdamper. But I didn’t mean to say that new vape were complete innovators, everybody builds off something. It just seems like that’s the vape he’s ripping off specifically. When I look at the whatever it’s called, I see a knockoff flowerpot.

ArseNick,
Reactions: arb

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Tbh...Had to google verdamper. But I didn’t mean to say that new vape were complete innovators, everybody builds off something. It just seems like that’s the vape he’s ripping off specifically. When I look at the whatever it’s called, I see a knockoff flowerpot.

I just don't how you can say that without knowing what the heating element looks like. What if it's more like the Herborizer (suspended injector) than an array of holes in a Ti block. Or it could be more innovative than either of those. Have you seen the heating element?

Also, I forgot to mention:

-the sublimator
-the glass symphony

Hippie

I was thinking more like a quartz weedeater with what I'm hoping is a heatshield around the coil as there's a few people waiting for something like that (and worried about accidents with the FP or Elev8r)

As we're stretching out standard 16mm coils for the E43 I wonder if the DeskPod's longer custom coil will give better performance there too.

Hippie,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I was thinking more like a quartz weedeater with what I'm hoping is a heatshield around the coil as there's a few people waiting for something like that (and worried about accidents with the FP or Elev8r)

As we're stretching out standard 16mm coils for the E43 I wonder if the DeskPod's longer custom coil will give better performance there too.
Unfortunately with the heat generated in these things it's gonna take one hell of a heat shield in order to provide any protection. The ModPod housing is certainly not going to protect you from heat. You can get burned with that just as easily as an exposed coil. Same with the Vrod/Weedeater etc. Make no mistake, there is no protection here. Those pieces get hot af and will burn you if you touch them.

The Deskpod Coil is not longer. In fact I think it's shorter than the DC coil. It just fits slightly different than other 16mm coils but keep in mind other coils will still work. I'm running my Deskpod off a DC coil and Newvape Controller. But the fit is not as exact so there is a trade-off.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Unfortunately with the heat generated in these things it's gonna take one hell of a heat shield in order to provide any protection. The ModPod housing is certainly not going to protect you from heat. You can get burned with that just as easily as an exposed coil. Same with the Vrod/Weedeater etc. Make no mistake, there is no protection here. Those pieces get hot af and will burn you if you touch them.

The Deskpod Coil is not longer. In fact I think it's shorter than the DC coil. It just fits slightly different than other 16mm coils but keep in mind other coils will still work. I'm running my Deskpod off a DC coil and Newvape Controller. But the fit is not as exact so there is a trade-off.
This kind of proves my other post.
🍔🍟

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I bet the sleeve helps heat soak a bit better. I’ve been waiting for this one for a bit thought it would be here by now.

iDRINKBLEACH,
Top Bottom