DCup Desktop Vaporizer by NewVape

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Taking it apart for first clean after some heavy use!

Surprisingly very little reclaim build up on the parts between the dish and glass. I thought it would be caked tbh.

EDIT: THERE WILL BE EDITS! :)

Holy shit, this dish! A little soak in cold tap water and a quick shake in the water and the fucking thing is coming clean straight away. Mirrored surface shining through. If any of you havent seen how shiny it is ITS VERY SHINY! :) Like mirrored, you can see your face in it, shiny!

This dish is much easier to clean than the standard halo dishes. I REALLY like it a lot.

First dab after cleaning: 575 might be a tad hot. Everything dries up very quickly and therefore wont wipe clean again that easily. Gonna drop down a few degrees I think, five degrees at a time as usual.

@Justpassedu Yup. I think you need to try Obsidian :D

Question: Who has the most balls/pearls in their dish? Has anyone gone balls to the wall and filled the whole dish yet?

EDIT MORE: OK... So the performance I think Im seeing at 575/570 with 6 SiC balls is the same as I think I was seeing at 600+ on the VRod but without the irritation I was feeling very quickly at 600+ VRod (I think I was alone in my lungs having a bad reaction to anything over 600, just one of those things but its a repeatable thing). That means I can go a bit lower still. I feel 560 might be pushing it but I know someone earlier in the thread said they were doing well at 540 with big dabs which would make sense.

I just realised I approach this very similarly to overclocking a new PC :D

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
OK... So the performance I think Im seeing at 575/570 with 6 SiC balls is the same as I think I was seeing at 600+ on the VRod but without the irritation I was feeling very quickly at 600+ VRod (I think I was alone in my lungs having a bad reaction to anything over 600, just one of those things but its a repeatable thing).

It should be much smoother than dabbing from the Vrod as the extraneous hot convection air is removed from the hit.

I think you Dcup guys are going for completely different types of hits than us ruby& quartz dudes who are more into ultra smooth low temp vapor. All those pearls and stuff aren't really going to make for smoother vapor, on the contrary they will increase the vapor density. I usually use a single 4mm pearl in my dab rig with my ruby or sapphire insert and find it sufficient.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It should be much smoother than dabbing from the Vrod as the extraneous hot convection air is removed from the hit.

I think you Dcup guys are going for completely different types of hits than us ruby& quartz dudes who are more into ultra smooth low temp vapor. All those pearls and stuff aren't really going to make for smoother vapor, on the contrary they will increase the vapor density. I usually use a single 4mm pearl in my dab rig with my ruby or sapphire insert and find it sufficient.

Meaning no disrespect, or being an arse, but I'm not sure I understand your point here? I know it should be smoother, thats why I bought it, but 'should' doesnt always equate to actual real life findings. My lungs dont react the same to most ppl so I'm reporting my findings for the few ppl who it might help. Plus, isnt that the point of this site?

The rest of your post I find a bit confusing too. Im not trying to part of some DCup monolith with singular purpose. Much like the VRod, OGFP, Showerhead, and the rest, Im enjoying my new purchase and writing up my findings. Im going down in temp and experimenting/twatting about with the amount of ball/pearls. I dont have a ruby or sapphire insert and Im not using quartz, but I have all these SiC ball here so Im trying em. On the VRod, they helped me get lower temps, but the same performance as higher temps and no SiC balls.

Maybe I'm speaking too much from my own perspective, but I do seem to have been replied to with your post :)

turk

turk
...all perspectives are good, especially those which depict personal experiences..used six Perl’s in dcup yesterday..gonna use 8 today...keep those trials/experiments coming. Cheers everyone.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
...all perspectives are good, especially those which depict personal experiences..used six Perl’s in dcup yesterday..gonna use 8 today...keep those trials/experiments coming. Cheers everyone.

550f and dropping :)

There was a cut off, I felt, with how many balls/pearls were effective in the VRod, I assume their must be cut off of effectiveness here too but you know, I wont know for certain until I fill the dish :D

EDIT: Got the K-type probe out ;)

Last edited:
EmDeemo,
Reactions: turk

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Meaning no disrespect, or being an arse, but I'm not sure I understand your point here? I know it should be smoother, thats why I bought it, but 'should' doesnt always equate to actual real life findings. My lungs dont react the same to most ppl so I'm reporting my findings for the few ppl who it might help. Plus, isnt that the point of this site?

The rest of your post I find a bit confusing too. Im not trying to part of some DCup monolith with singular purpose. Much like the VRod, OGFP, Showerhead, and the rest, Im enjoying my new purchase and writing up my findings. Im going down in temp and experimenting/twatting about with the amount of ball/pearls. I dont have a ruby or sapphire insert and Im not using quartz, but I have all these SiC ball here so Im trying em. On the VRod, they helped me get lower temps, but the same performance as higher temps and no SiC balls.

Maybe I'm speaking too much from my own perspective, but I do seem to have been replied to with your post :)

I think your lungs react similar to most of us dabbers on here, that's why I've been wanting to see you switch to a dab setup without convection all these months, because I know you suffer the same issue as many of us who need smooth hits.

The Vrod is a great vaporizer, but the convection heat added to every dab as air and vapor pass through the heat exchanger can add up for people with lung sensitives.

The pearl suggestion was again in response to smoothness, I'm just suggesting ways to get smoother hits.
More pearls = denser vapor, denser vapor is gonna be harsher.

Tis all :sherlock:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I think your lungs react similar to most of us dabbers on here, that's why I've been wanting to see you switch to a dab setup without convection all these months, because I know you suffer the same issue as many of us who need smooth hits.

The Vrod is a great vaporizer, but the convection heat added to every dab as air and vapor pass through the heat exchanger can add up for people with lung sensitives.

The pearl suggestion was again in response to smoothness, I'm just suggesting ways to get smoother hits.
More pearls = denser vapor, denser vapor is gonna be harsher.

Tis all :sherlock:

OK, I kinda understand now. Still, considering you regularly do high temp flower hits that would literally leave me unable to breathe, Im not sure our lungs react as much the same as you think?

Its not a matter of me needing smooth hits, its a matter of my lungs closing up after a few days of specific temp usage and yet, stubbornly, I still want to consume as much as possible. Im not trying to be argumentative, just clarifying :)

Like, immediately, VRod to DCup, the hits are smoother, and now Im going down in temps. Im trying to find my own happy medium between large and small dabs, down in one, and any perceived flavour increases that are likely at lower temps. I know pearls mean denser vapour, thats why I have them. Same as the VRod.

My goal is not more smooth hits. My goal is to see whats what and how the DCup works and how my lungs react.

EDIT FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING NOTES, NOT PART OF MY REPLY TO INVERTED: 540f and STILL getting pretty much the same performance I was getting at 575f on the VRod, tho its starting to slow down a little and be a bit whispy towards the end of the hit, a bit more of a tail off rather than a firm 'YEP THATS DONE' that I was getting at 560+

EDIT 2: 540f was reading approx 500 to 560f dish temp with ktype probe, hovering mostly around 520 - 540 so pretty accurate. Maybe an avg temp would a better reading to take, which the unit I have offers. Already dropped to 530 on the controller tho :D

EDIT 3: 530f controller, staying largely around 520f dish temp on the ktype.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
OK, I kinda understand now. Still, considering you regularly do high temp flower hits that would literally leave me unable to breathe, Im not sure our lungs react as much the same as you think?

I did some high temp videos with the Showerhead a few years ago but I rarely vaporize flower, my body doesn't love the convection wear and tear. I usually recommend people to press flower into rosin.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I did some high temp videos with the Showerhead a few years ago but I rarely vaporize flower, my body doesn't love the convection wear and tear. I usually recommend people to press flower into rosin.

OK, bad example, and I realised that just before you posted that I'd potentially made too much of an assumption there :) Apologies :)

I appreciate you thinking of me wanting me to try a more pure conduction dab device, but I did start on quartz bangers before the FP journey, and those at low temps fucked me up as well.

Convection doesnt bother me one bit unless its over 600f on the VRod. Im yet to try higher temps on the DCup, because Im currently going down and started at my preferred VRod dab temp.

What are you preferring on your DCup? What temps, what dishes are you using that are ruby or quartz? Obviously youve said you prefer only one pearl, what about the rest of your settings?

EmDeemo,
Reactions: turk

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
@NewVape710 I'm having some trouble with the Dcup customization. First step is to add the dcup bundle body, but it comes pre-configured to include an 18mm male connection. I don't see a way to change that to a 14mm male connection? Also when adding accessories, the 14mm female connection comes preselected with no way to exclude it from the package.

Last edited:
srama21,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Gone back thru the thread. I cant see mention of ruby or quartz inserts any where @invertedisdead and it looks like you dont own a DCup? No wonder I got confused! :D Oh well, we live n learn :) Thanks for thinking of my poor lungs :) Am I missing a link or something?

Anyway, further happy findings...

Im down at 520f, and feel like Im doing (for me) fairly large dabs, larger than I would be normally, and they are still going down in almost completely one hit! :D The whispiness at the end of the hit is slightly increasing but at such a minimal rate, much slower than the temp drop off I'd get with the VRod. Meaning I think I can still go lower :)

Dish temp isnt far off controller temp, which makes sense considering the dishes proximity to the coil.

Gonna drop down into the 400's today :D

@NewVape710 @newvape918 Is there any sense in the notion of making the stand around the actual cup end of the DCup instead of designing the stand around the reclaim end?

EDIT: 500f is a go! Just whacked a double size dab in the bowl to test it, 2 large hits, eyes watering like fuck :D Some increase in whispy crap at the end but finally theres a little moisture left in the dish to actually wipe up instead of it just drying up so quickly that it cant really be wiped clean.

EDIT 2: Yup, just tried the same thing again. Some may find that theres a little too much moisture left at the end of a large dab at 500f (6 SiC balls), but it now wipes clean perfectly with two wipes, and it was still two large, eye watering lung fulls (for me).

I guess I did drop from 520f to 500f, so theres room for refinement there. The 400f's might be acceptable for much smaller dabs.

Its gonna be a fun day of finding out :D

EDIT 3: Im sticking at 505f for the day. 510 crusted up a bit too quick to be able to clean properly.

What a fucking awesome device! Awesome dish!

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
After this much consumption with a new device, my lungs are usually shot by now. They are perfectly clear! Amazing. I've usually gone all up n down the temp ranges and consumed way way way more than I normally would. In this case, my consumption went up but I only went down in temps. Lungs feel great.

480f dab, no pearls, very nice and easy going first hit of the day :D

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering, yes I feel like I got the entire hit. There was a little moisture left in the bowl but only as there is supposed to be to help clean up. Dont forget to preheat your carb cap, folks! :) I grab that last wispy hit by leaving the cab on for a second or two on the second hit so it build in the bowl, the rest gets cleaned up.

Gonna try 500f with no SiC balls later, maybe raise temps a little as the day wears on.

EDIT 2: Actually, scratch that. I'm staying under 500 and will add SiC balls back in as the dabs get bigger. This temp is too tasty and easy going to stray far from.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

@emmdeemo ty for all this great feedback man. I'm glad you got 1 as I am going to give all the suggestions you have been writing a try. Where did you pick up the Sic pearls from by the way ? You think they are working better than quartz or Ruby 1's ?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@emmdeemo ty for all this great feedback man. I'm glad you got 1 as I am going to give all the suggestions you have been writing a try. Where did you pick up the Sic pearls from by the way ? You think they are working better than quartz or Ruby 1's ?

I dont have much comparison tbh. My main reason for SiC balls was that I didnt have a great reaction to quartz bangers way back when and didnt really like the quartz dishes on the various FP's. My quartz pearls got all cracked up from temperature shock and considering how often I drop them... One was bound to shatter into tiny pieces :D

SiC being so easy to clean, I thought I'd 'upgrade' to SiC balls. They seem more durable so far, and definitely easier to clean than the quartz. Got them from https://710coils.com

I'll try ruby next time I get income!

INHALE SPEED!

Im at 480f, no pearls/balls, and I have just found that I can easily overpower the dish temps with a fast inhale. If I inhale too fast, theres wispy crap hits, but if I adjust down to the 'correct' inhale speed, theres a big ol' hit of vapour coming at me.

Anyone having unsatisfactory results, theres another parameter for you to check :)

EDIT: Logic checks out? - Terp pearls take air speed to spin. More air speed over powers the dish temp. So less inhale speed is needed, which wont move the pearls.

Answer - dont use em, find your temps and inhale speed, then see if you need the pearls/can get em to spin at those temps/inhale speed

EDIT 2: Or maybe a one hole carb cap? Gonna try it with an old NV one now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justpassedu

540-550F , 2 Terp Pearl's worked pretty well for me the other night if anyone wants to give it a try. With a small to medium sized dab I got 2 pretty nice rips and minimal pooling.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I need to know a purpose for this information. Dont leave me hanging now... :hmm:

I'm still trying to decipher the clues! IM SURE IT MEANS SOMETHING!

Its my current carbcap/dabber holder :) -
hkBKVEf.jpg

Last edited:
EmDeemo,
Reactions: Chris_CH
Top Bottom