Hemper

I’m not a nitecore charger fan, but a quick look at that manual, I don’t see that warning. Sometimes lithium battery voltage lists the NOMINAL VOLTAGE, which is considered 3.7-3.8 volts. If you don’t fully charge those small batteries to 4.2 volts, you’ll never enjoy your micro. If you don’t believe me, check the link in my sig to the Battery University website. Good luck!
Thanks, no I am not doubting or challenging anyone. Just trying to learn. I think my error was as you said, mistaking nominal voltage for fully charged . thank you

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks, no I am not doubting or challenging anyone. Just trying to learn. I think my error was as you said, mistaking nominal voltage for fully charged . thank you

You are welcome and should be encouraged to CHALLENGE EVERYONE on the Internet. Anyone can claim to be an expert.

TO EVERYONE: If you own and use these fairly new chargers that use the term “INTELLIGENT” charger, the type that TRY to AUTOMATICALLY set the CHARGE CURRENT, be careful. Keep an eye on the RATE it chooses, it maybe way too high for smaller batteries. I was gifted two different brands, I don’t use them as they often GUESS wrong.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: OF

OF

Actually I think the issue is related to other types. The 4.2 advice is correct, it's what I'm using with mine.

Regards to all.

OF

Hemper

You are welcome and should be encouraged to CHALLENGE EVERYONE on the Internet. Anyone can claim to be an expert.

TO EVERYONE: If you own and use these fairly new chargers that use the term “INTELLIGENT” charger, the type that TRY to AUTOMATICALLY set the CHARGE CURRENT, be careful. Keep an eye on the RATE it chooses, it maybe way too high for smaller batteries. I was gifted two different brands, I don’t use them as they often GUESS wrong.
I concur. I will often challenge on the internet, but not on issues which I know I am a novice :)

I was charging with the i2 manually set to 3.7v. I think my mistake was that it should be manually set to 4.2v, which is what I am trying now.

Thanks again!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I concur. I will often challenge on the internet, but not on issues which I know I am a novice :)

I was charging with the i2 manually set to 3.7v. I think my mistake was that it should be manually set to 4.2v, which is what I am trying now.

Thanks again!

We were all “novices” once!
*Since your charger allows you the charge rate choice, of .5a & 1a, for these 18350 batteries you can choose either rate. The .5 rate is better for overall battery life, but the trade off is it is SLOWER. If you are in a hurry, use your chargers highest rate of 1amp. And of course NEVER leave lithium batteries on charger unattended.

Hemper

We were all “novices” once!
*Since your charger allows you the charge rate choice, of .5a & 1a, for these 18350 batteries you can choose either rate. The .5 rate is better for overall battery life, but the trade off is it is SLOWER. If you are in a hurry, use your chargers highest rate of 1amp. And of course NEVER leave lithium batteries on charger unattended.

I put the OE battery back in the charger, let it auto-select the current and manually set the voltage to 4.2v. After charging I checked with my multimeter and got 4.11v. Just did a session on SP3, removed the battery and it is now reading at 3.81v. Seems reasonable to me. And now it appears the MIqro is also correctly displaying remaining power.

Thank you @RustyOldNail and FC community for your guidance and sharing of your knowledge.

Hemper

So after a few days with this thing I am frustrated with it honestly.. Even though my user error was ironed out (above) the battery life is weak, the hits are wispy and I can't get past a mild-moderate buzz with it - just like everything I read about it before I bought it :bang:

Unfortunately, I am concluding this is not a keeper for my needs :(

Hemper,
Reactions: OF

OF

just like everything I read about it before I bought it :bang:

Sorry you're not happy, but I don't share the 'all is lost' view. If you go back and read this thread many of us had 'teething problems' with this little guy but ended up happy/impressed with what it does in such a small package. But, make no mistake, it is high strung do do the good work with a tiny load in a bitty package. You need techniques that support it, you can't expect it to work well in whatever mode you wish.

This is conduction vape with a tiny load in a less than ideal shaped oven, compromises. Being conduction, it depends critically on solid contact if it's going to conduct enough heat into the load to support heavy hits. A loose pack with such a tiny load is sure to be weak. Use full loads, adjusting the pearl for a lightly packed load.. Keep your herb 'well cured' (dry) going in, we don't want to waste heat drying out the moisture in the vape. Give plenty of time for 'heat soaks' between/before hitting it. It can be done, but it does take some experimenting to figure it out. It's a special case vape for sure, but IMO it will produce useful vapor, and I'm confident I'm not alone in that.

Your call, of course, but I advise playing with it some more?

Regards to all,

OF

Hemper

Sorry you're not happy, but I don't share the 'all is lost' view. If you go back and read this thread many of us had 'teething problems' with this little guy but ended up happy/impressed with what it does in such a small package. But, make no mistake, it is high strung do do the good work with a tiny load in a bitty package. You need techniques that support it, you can't expect it to work well in whatever mode you wish.

This is conduction vape with a tiny load in a less than ideal shaped oven, compromises. Being conduction, it depends critically on solid contact if it's going to conduct enough heat into the load to support heavy hits. A loose pack with such a tiny load is sure to be weak. Use full loads, adjusting the pearl for a lightly packed load.. Keep your herb 'well cured' (dry) going in, we don't want to waste heat drying out the moisture in the vape. Give plenty of time for 'heat soaks' between/before hitting it. It can be done, but it does take some experimenting to figure it out. It's a special case vape for sure, but IMO it will produce useful vapor, and I'm confident I'm not alone in that.

Your call, of course, but I advise playing with it some more?

Regards to all,

OF
Thanks, but I tried full loads, half loads, tight pack, loose pack, pearl up, pearl down. At best I get 3 cycles on a battery. SP1 and SP2 are useless. SP3 tastes nice but at the expense of a slightly more effective battery cycle. If only SP4 is of use to me then this is too much of a one trick pony for me.

The only thing I found about it that suited me was the form factor. If I am chasing a holy grail, this is not on the path to it for me. Thanks for the encouragement @OF

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thanks, but I tried full loads, half loads, tight pack, loose pack, pearl up, pearl down. At best I get 3 cycles on a battery. SP1 and SP2 are useless. SP3 tastes nice but at the expense of a slightly more effective battery cycle. If only SP4 is of use to me then this is too much of a one trick pony for me.

The only thing I found about it that suited me was the form factor. If I am chasing a holy grail, this is not on the path to it for me. Thanks for the encouragement @OF
Have you tried the extended mouthpiece? At first I hadn’t and wasn’t thrilled with the results. I then started to get the hang of the Miqro after coming from and having mostly convection vapes. I like the extended mouthpiece a lot and haven’t switched back. Also a finer ground material bodes better for me. I agree the battery life could be better, a gripe of mine with this vape. I also don’t care for the smart paths and just go by direct temp - and it all works for me after some trials and tribulations. It’s a nicely engineered vape for the size. I probably should’ve bought the IQ and chose the Miqro. I wanted to moth-ball my Pax with it and it certainly has. Good luck! :peace:

Hemper

Have you tried the extended mouthpiece? At first I hadn’t and wasn’t thrilled with the results. I then started to get the hang of the Miqro after coming from and having mostly convection vapes. I like the extended mouthpiece a lot and haven’t switched back. Also a finer ground material bodes better for me. I agree the battery life could be better, a gripe of mine with this vape. I also don’t care for the smart paths and just go by direct temp - and it all works for me after some trials and tribulations. It’s a nicely engineered vape for the size. I probably should’ve bought the IQ and chose the Miqro. I wanted to moth-ball my Pax with it and it certainly has. Good luck! :peace:
Yes I have and found I had to wrestle the silicone gasket to seat properly very time I swapped them. With the extended mouthpiece filling was also a little clumsy . I found filling very easy with the flat mouthpiece - I will give DV design credit there.

Similar to you, I was down to this and the IQC, but erred on the side of going too small

bltkmt

So after a few days with this thing I am frustrated with it honestly.. Even though my user error was ironed out (above) the battery life is weak, the hits are wispy and I can't get past a mild-moderate buzz with it - just like everything I read about it before I bought it :bang:

That was my exact experience with the first IQ.

bltkmt,

JBone65

That was my exact experience with the first IQ.
I had the same frustrating experience with the IQ.

IMO you need raw convection heat and flow thru any device, portable or otherwise, to mobilize/disturb/strip psychoactive compounds from the chamber load. Just heating the sides of the oven while sucking cool air thru isn't the same thing.

JBone65,

Pharoh

I was having issues with my Miqro. I would charge it and it would start warming up and then shut off..... I sent it in for warranty repair. I was very happy with the service and turn around time.! ThankYou DaVinci!

Ikabtp

Hey guys, does the miqro get extremelly hot as the og IQ did? I have the IQ and my main issue with it is that the device gets so hot after a few minutes that it is unusable.

Was looking for a new vape to be my stealth out and about device (already have IQ, mighty and a few dynas). My main use would be with hard hash (works ok on IQ using vape cotton). Anyone here uses miqro for hash as well?

Ikabtp,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Yes it does get real hot but the sleeve does its job with that ...

Not lucky enough to have tried some hash through it but looking forward to whats to come :spliff:

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Ikabtp

Ok, i dont have a sleeve for the IQ, good thing they are included now.

Do you think there are any improvements vs the original IQ regarding extraction or airflow that would be worth "upgrading"? Or main difference from IQ will be its size

Ikabtp,

NYC_Frank

No ... The micro is an out and about vape ... it gets high stealth scores especially with the flat MP

NYC_Frank,

newola

I'm on day 4 with this vape. Took until tonight to get it doing what I want. All a bit different from my other vapes (wolkenkraft fx mini, v3 pro, cfx, mighty, and wolkenkraft vita).

It's very well made and I can live with the crap battery life as I only use at home in the evenings.

My first davinci, I'm impressed.

VapeWell

I'm on day 4 with this vape. Took until tonight to get it doing what I want. All a bit different from my other vapes (wolkenkraft fx mini, v3 pro, cfx, mighty, and wolkenkraft vita).

It's very well made and I can live with the crap battery life as I only use at home in the evenings.

Persistence pays off. Two sessions with a bit of a stir in between before yoga and I'm off to interplanetary travels. Enjoy!

Best to all mIQronians!

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer

Thank you so much for sharing your first experience! We hope that it's not your last!

Yep on all counts ... and for a couple of on the go sessions its no biggie to carry a spare battery ... welcome to the club
Appreciate your feedback, thank you!

Persistence pays off. Two sessions with a bit of a stir in between before yoga and I'm off to interplanetary travels. Enjoy!

Best to all mIQronians!
MIQRONIANS... very cool!

NYC_Frank

Thank you so much for sharing your first experience! We hope that it's not your last!

Appreciate your feedback, thank you!

MIQRONIANS... very cool!

My cousin is retiring next month at 67+ ... he's been smoking weed for over 50 years. As a gift to commemorate the occasion, I'm buying him a Micro Explorer Edition as his first vape when Black Friday rolls around ... 😎💨

Top Bottom