• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I rotate 4 batteries on the Miqro swapping out for a charged up one when one is spent. I've recently started having problems where the device is not powering up after inserting a new battery. I've had to remove and re-insert the same battery multiple times before the Miqro finally recognizes the battery. I have the same problem with any of the four batteries. The wierd but good thing is that once it's recognized it stays that way through all sessions.

I tried a Factory reset as i remember @Jill NYC having a similar problem a couple of months ago. No luck there...

Just reached out to POTV support but figured i'd check to see if anyone else is seeing this

Thanks as always for your help everybody :peace:

Last edited:
NYC_Frank,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@NYC_Frank
Yup. It has continued to happen to me. I don’t ever bring it out anymore because I never know if it will actually power on.
But I still use it a couple of times a week at home. Sometimes, I will put in a new battery which will not power up (even with reset) and I leave it in and try again the next night. Then it usually works. Weird, I know. I need to send mine in for sure. I have just been lazy about it.

@Davinci_vaporizer Maybe you have an easy fix for this battery issue that we can do without having to sending it back?

Jill NYC,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank

sorry to hear Jill .... one thing's for sure is I'm not sending it in till beach season is long over :cool:

Think I'm gonna try putting a small piece of aluminum foil on top of the battery to see if that helps ... i am dissapointed @Davinci_vaporizer as i was really impressed with the engineering that went into this thing .... its seemed as solid as a rock ...

have a great Friday Jill and all you beautiful FC people (cant believe it's the last one in July already :huh: .... summer goes way too fast)

Last edited:
NYC_Frank,

Marcus

Hi Folks! :wave:

So, me and this Miqro have been getting along splendidly. :tup:

I've had to do a couple of factory resets, but it keeps on ticking along. 2 or 3 bowls a night this last week of ownership.

All in all, a cracking single user vape for me. So much so I'm going to sell the mighty and possibly invest in an IQ instead.

A quick question regarding packing the bowl though. I am packing it quite tight with what looks like way too much herb, but it just seems to swallow it up! How is everyone else packing their bowls? Is it best with the pearl squished hard against the load? or is it best with a bit less herb in and the pearl lightly on the load?

:sherlock:

Vaporhead99

@Marcus-TGC Why have you needed to do factory resets? I also agree about it swallowing herb, it always seems to take way more than I expect it to every time. Fwiw I pack my bowl to the top of the white line, when I can't see any white then it's properly packed for me,

I've tried my Miqro a lot more now these last couple of days and for me it is so much better using precision temperatures as opposed to those preset temperature paths, I start the 1st session of a bowl on 195c and finish it on 200c moving straight to 200c when the vapour isn't as strong at 195c, I get nice vapour throughout the session then once I've finished I give it a quick stir and re-pack so it's ready for session 2.

Session 2 I start on 205c and I get even better vapour than the previous session, I believe this is because there is usually green left over from session one that hadn't perculated and after the stir and re-pack it is in prime condition to be vaped, this session always times out and I'm still on 205c, at this point I'll either switch it on again to extract what's left at 205c or I'll stir and re-pack for session 3.

Session 3 I start at 210c and by the end I'm on max, I get decent vapour throughout this session as well.

Once I'm finished the ABV looks similar to the ABV from my arizer products, nice and evenly cooked with no charring which is perfect, I thought it'd look much more toatsed like the Pax 3 or Haze V3 but it doesn't whatsoever.

I'm delighted with the Miqro, I like the effect and the vapour quality, it's really efficient too in fact the only thing I didn't initially like was having to stir a bowl as I've never had to do that with any of my vapes (EQ, Air, Haze V3, Pax 3, E-Nano) before other than the MFLB however I actually do like to stir it now as I know there is loads left in the bowl and a single bowl gives me 3 solid sessions.

A brilliant little vape at a bargain price that has taken it's place in my collection and it will be in permanent rotation with my other devices from now on, thanks DaVinci :rockon:

Marcus

@Marcus-TGC Why have you needed to do factory resets?

It wouldn't let me dim the lights and then the up down on the temp controls were dead too.

Been fine since, those 2 incidents were one after the other on the 1st day, so maybe the delivery guy farted on the box or something. :tup:

Marcus,
Reactions: wisausnk

NYC_Frank

@NYC_Frank
Yup. It has continued to happen to me. I don’t ever bring it out anymore because I never know if it will actually power on.
But I still use it a couple of times a week at home. Sometimes, I will put
Hi Jill .... i tried the piece of aluminum foil on top of the battery with no success .... heard back from POTV support that this is not a inherent Miqro problem and returning fir warranty repair was the only option which I'm not doing just yet

I've been able to get around the problem by pushing the lid closed and holding it down with the latch open for a second or so until i see the battery indication lights flash... then i slide the latch to close ...

Sometines it takes a few tries but once it recognizes its been ok for the whole session and never failed on the go ...

Hope this helps ...

NYC_Frank,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@NYC_Frank Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I find once the battery registers with the MiQro it works until it drains.
It’s just getting it to actually recognize a freshly charged battery.
I will definitely try holding it down the next time I switch out battery and report back.
I still enjoy using it several times a week and really don’t want to go through the repair hassle.
If all it takes is holding it a little longer then I will be very happy to start taking it outside again (with backup batteries).

OF

Yeah, I find once the battery registers with the MiQro it works until it drains.
It’s just getting it to actually recognize a freshly charged battery.

If I'm following right, you're correct. At least that's what I thought when I first got mine and swapped the battery in an out. I figured it's a pretty common issue with this sort of gear (micro controller battery powered stuff). Normally such devices don't really stop when you tell them to, they fake you out and 'go to sleep'. Drawing very little power, not running displays and other functions that eat up power, they often shut down all but the keyboard scan (and sometimes only fire that part up every once in a while). This (not stopping dead) is necessary so they can detect the key presses to start making vapor for us.

When it does stop, since there's no power to run on, it must do two things it doesn't normally do. First it has to detect the power is up and stable (in your desktop computer this is done by a separate 'power made good' signal from the power supply itself that happens some time after full voltage is reached without 'drop outs'). It then 'boots up' by going to a specific address in it's memory and executing from there. It's critical power stays up through that. If you're still getting iffy contact with the battery that's going to 'crash' the processor. Some of the gear I worked on over the years stores a bit of power (in a capacitor on the input) to cover brief drop outs from such connection issues. I don't think that's happening here?

It might be possible to plug the unit in (like it was charging) then swap the battery without problems since the charger could keep it going?

BTW such systems typically store some user information (like temperature settings) in a special temporary memory that doesn't need power to remember stuff.

Since I leave just one battery in and charge in place, I haven't had this problem in a long time.

OF

NYC_Frank

It might be possible to plug the unit in (like it was charging) then swap the battery without problems since the charger could keep it going?

Great thinking OF ... I'll be sure to give it a shot today ...

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: OF

OF

Great thinking OF ... I'll be sure to give it a shot today ...

Great! Please let us know how it goes, there's others that could benefit? And, of course, no sense in other trying it if it doesn't help.........

Good luck.

Regards,

OF

NYC_Frank

OF ... It worked like a champ ...

Completely discharged a battery enjoying a Miqro session until it would no longer turn on ....

removed the spent battery and put in a new fully charged one ... tried to turn it on and no can do ...

Plugged in the Miqro and turned the unit on ... unplugged and turned off the miqro and turned back on ... no problem

You my friend are a rocket scientist

Doesn't help on the go but I'm thinking, by the same logic, as long as you don't run the battery all the way down before swapping out for a new one you shouldn't see the problem re-occur. I just tried it by removing the battery i just installed and putting in another fully charged one ... no problem

I'll try to test more as maybe i just got lucky but i don't think so .... hopefully @Jill NYC can run her own set of tests.

I'm sure this will be of help to the Davinci Miqro communuty as others out there must be running into this ...

Thanks again OF

OF

OF ... It worked like a champ ...

Thanks again OF

Great! Thanks for the good word. I don't know about you, but I like happy endings.......

You know packing a small 'power bank' (or even one of the small vapes that 'doubles for one') in the field would probably do the same as plugging in the charger?

You're very welcome, of course, glad to help when I can. Thanks again for posting the results, there are no doubt other good folks that can take advantage.

Regards to all.

OF

VapeWell

Good day all,
Not sure this has been addressed here, but any mIQro-ents having trouble with battery longevity? I’ve been rotating 4 cells and it’s not unusual for one to not last an entire session. And that’s not using particularly high temps and the cells are relatively new (<6 mos.). Any thoughts/suggestions be ‘preciated.
VapeWell

VapeWell,

OF

Good day all,
Not sure this has been addressed here, but any mIQro-ents having trouble with battery longevity? I’ve been rotating 4 cells and it’s not unusual for one to not last an entire session. And that’s not using particularly high temps and the cells are relatively new (<6 mos.). Any thoughts/suggestions be ‘preciated.
VapeWell

I haven't noticed it, although I only rotate batteries 'sometimes' (preferring to charge in place). Assuming it's not a defective unit, and they're all the same brand/types are the same (something you didn't mention) my money's on abuse. Either too deep a discharge or storing at full charge (especially at higher temperatures). Either can cause short life/early demise.

The rig I use for charging shows total charge transferred. The total needed remains constant, give or take. Therefore the total useful heating remains unchanged. I tend to 'use' about 3/4 of the rated capacity, so about 800mAh for the 1100mAh ones I'm using? Recharge is an accurate measure of delivered power, if they recharge 'faster' they're not doing as much work.

OF

OF,

Adobewan

Good day all,
VapeWell
I haven't noticed that either. I get at least 2 sessions, but it is a small unit with small batteries, doing the job of a big boy vape. I'd reach out to DaVinci and get their feedback, they're good people.
@OF I'm sure you have on this forum dozens of times already but could you point us to that charger.
TIA

Adobewan,

OF

OF

That’s a great little piece! I may give that a try. Many thx
Yep, they're cool all right. The memories of accumulated charge are 'non volatile', that is the device remembers even when it's unplugged (no power) like parts of your favorite computer.

A handy way to 'cut charging early' to extend battery lifespan. I note the charge current at the start and unplug when the current drops to half that value or so, about 10% early, which not only doubles useful life but cuts 20 minutes or so from a typical recharge (since the last part is at a very reduced rate).

However, very low currents (.05 to .03 Amps depending on exact model) are 'masked', that is the device ignores them. Not a big deal since typical charge currents cut off at much higher levels. But you can watch the recharge mAh by mAh. Kinda fun if you like that sort of stuff.

OF

Lord Blueberry

Got my Miqro yesterday and have been testing it nonstop. So my past experience with portable vapes is a Pulsar APX which went through the wash and died (life span 3months). Then a Zolo which worked well for about a year and a half and died. And now I have the Miqro (standard version).

First Observations. Nice packaging ,compact but high end. The device feels and looks very well made. Very high quality.

First Start Up: Control buttons work very smooth and decisive . LED's took a little reading and a little intuition to figure out. Ran 2 cycles empty to break her in.

First Session: Loading was easy with the smooth beveled top chamber. Device heated up quickly and was ready to hit in no time. Here's where it gets a little negative. My first draw felt restricted and I found myself having to pull hard to get a hit. The session timed out a little too quickly ,and since have noticed that a full pack chamber takes two sessions to consume. The effects were good (strong)and the exhaled vapor very thin. Great for vaping in a situation that requires some stealth.

Summary: After experimenting with different size loads and temps (smart paths) I find for the herb I'm vaping now I like to pack it to the top then tamp it down with the pearl so the level is even with the white ceramic bowl. I like SP #2 for first session then a quick stir and SP # 3 for 2nd session. Full Battery charge = 4 sessions IMO.

All In All: I really think the Miqro will work well for me for on the go vaping where discretion is needed. I just wish it had an easier draw. Obviously my experience with different portable vapes is limited but thought I'd share my experience.

Thanks ,
Lord Blueberry

mulciber

All In All: I really think the Miqro will work well for me for on the go vaping where discretion is needed. I just wish it had an easier draw.

My 2¢ — I think, and I hope you'll learn to enjoy the Miqro more as you use it. I've heard many people talk about the issue of draw, and what I came to realize was that in reality it takes almost no suction to pull the relatively small amount of vapor across the 1.5 inch path. If one could draw more air through the device quickly, it wouldn't add to the amount of vapor taken in. The chamber won't heat it sufficiently, so rapidly. At the same time, I suppose the designers considered that being able to pull more air through it would actually cool the material somewhat, working against you and burning more energy. I concluded that the slight draw isn't a flaw. The Miqro has a few things I could nitpick but they're nearly negligible. It's a terrific instrument, and as I say, I hope you'll enjoy it more with use. And yeah, discretion is one of its strongest suits!

Last edited:

OF

I've heard many people talk about the issue of draw, and what I came to realize was that in reality it takes almost no suction to pull the relatively small amount of vapor across the 1.5 inch path. If one could draw more air through the device quickly, it wouldn't add to the amount of vapor taken in. The chamber won't heat it sufficiently, so rapidly.

BINGO!!! You broke the code! Drawing in more cold air won't make more hot vapor, it'll make less by 'robbing' heat that would otherwise make more vapor. You get a larger volume, but it's more dilute, in total containing less THC than if you'd sipped it as the design envisioned. DaVinci Engineers are no fools, they no doubt explored different restrictions?

You can get the same volume but MORE DENSE if you bleed the cold air in at the MP so it doesn't waste precious heat in the load that can then make more vapor. And the hit will be cooler to boot! Right?

Folks tend to take the lessons they learned from combustion and transfer them. 'If I could only hit it harder, I'd get a bigger hit.....'. It works with combustion because drawing in more air feeds the fire making more heat, to make more vapor, not less like we have with conduction vapes.

Yep, IMO you got it exactly right. Don't let them tell you otherwise. Heat can only conduct in so fast, it can be used to heat more air than needed or make more vapor to enjoy. But not both.

PV makes a series of stems for Solo that reduce restriction with slots and notches, even 'drilling out' the bottom (or top depending on your POV) of the bowl. You definitely get bigger clouds but they are thinner in the bargain. Lots of us tried them, then went back to sipping on the factory stems.

It certainly wouldn't work any better here, the same hard laws of Physics are in play.

It ain't really broke, no fix is needed or even useful?

Thanks. Full points. Load up and enjoy it, you done earned if fer sure.

Regards to all.

OF

Lord Blueberry

mulciber and OF- That does make sense. I guess it's basic thermodynamics . You have a fan in front of your car engine to cool it. More air movement ,cooler motor. One thing I did find that changing the mouth piece to the 10mm stem option gives me a much better draw.Here's some observation's I made today as I had the the opportunity to test the device in situations that required stealth.
a.) it's small size and quick heat up time make it a easy to conceal.

b.) packing the bowl correctly is ultra critical . my first round I got nothing when I drew a hit. The second round I packed it pretty tightly and it came close to choking me out a couple times.

c.) I was already thinking about how I will be enjoying this vaporizer more as I use it more and perfect my process. This will be my daily driver at least for the time being.

d.) thinking about the IQ for a more mid size vape for future purchase. Seeing how well they are made and having replacement parts available is important to me.

Cheers,

Lord Blueberry

OF

b.) packing the bowl correctly is ultra critical . my first round I got nothing when I drew a hit. The second round I packed it pretty tightly and it came close to choking me out a couple times.

Good observation, and it links back to the conduction issue. Think about it, it's a marginal load (part of the design, some want it even smaller....). Proper packing improves the heat transfer. Pearl position is an important part of that. As does giving it a bit of time between hits for 'heat soaks' so the replacement heat has time to seep into the center of the load.

Also keep your herb well cured (dry) going in, no sense wasting the modest heat available evaporating water rather than THC.

Congratulations, good unit if it suits your wants. Feed it right and it's sure to make you happy.

Regards to all.

OF

norweedian

Hi. Im pretty torn between getting the miqro or pax 3. From the Norwegian shop i can get the pax for about the same price as the miqro explorer pack.

I'll be using it mostly for single sessions out and about so the battery shouldnt be a problem. But im a little confused about the battery life cuz the reported batterylife is somewhere around 15-30 minutes.

So if used at smartpath 3 and 4 only, is there enough batterypower to vape two or three full bowls with one fully charged bat?

Is it possible to vape a full bowl on smartpath 4 in 5minutes? Anyone have a pic of the abv maybe? Does it extract anywhere near what the solo would do on the highest temp in 5 min? I dont expect it to be fully extracted after 5 min but it would be Nice to get "most of the goodies" by then and just save the rest for edibles.

Also any suggestions for better batteries? I saw 18350 1300mah batteries at local shop. Wonder if they would give some extra vaping minutes.

norweedian,
Reactions: Marcus
Top Bottom