Surf Monkey

Hi. Im pretty torn between getting the miqro or pax 3. From the Norwegian shop i can get the pax for about the same price as the miqro explorer pack.

I'll be using it mostly for single sessions out and about so the battery shouldnt be a problem. But im a little confused about the battery life cuz the reported batterylife is somewhere around 15-30 minutes.

So if used at smartpath 3 and 4 only, is there enough batterypower to vape two or three full bowls with one fully charged bat?

Is it possible to vape a full bowl on smartpath 4 in 5minutes? Anyone have a pic of the abv maybe? Does it extract anywhere near what the solo would do on the highest temp in 5 min? I dont expect it to be fully extracted after 5 min but it would be Nice to get "most of the goodies" by then and just save the rest for edibles.

Also any suggestions for better batteries? I saw 18350 1300mah batteries at local shop. Wonder if they would give some extra vaping minutes.

The full sized IQ is the one you want to compare with the PAX 3. The micro is kind of a different beast.

Surf Monkey,

norweedian

Im not trying to compare them. The IQ is not an option and never will be. The miqro is only an option for it's ridicolus small size. I tend to have a soft spot for small vapes ;) i know they are different performance wise.

norweedian,
Reactions: Adobewan

Marcus

Hi. Im pretty torn between getting the miqro or pax 3. From the Norwegian shop i can get the pax for about the same price as the miqro explorer pack.

I'll be using it mostly for single sessions out and about so the battery shouldnt be a problem. But im a little confused about the battery life cuz the reported batterylife is somewhere around 15-30 minutes.

So if used at smartpath 3 and 4 only, is there enough batterypower to vape two or three full bowls with one fully charged bat?

Is it possible to vape a full bowl on smartpath 4 in 5minutes? Anyone have a pic of the abv maybe? Does it extract anywhere near what the solo would do on the highest temp in 5 min? I dont expect it to be fully extracted after 5 min but it would be Nice to get "most of the goodies" by then and just save the rest for edibles.

Also any suggestions for better batteries? I saw 18350 1300mah batteries at local shop. Wonder if they would give some extra vaping minutes.

Hi Norweedian,

I use my Miqro mostly for when out and about (walking the dog) and I get about 5 or 6 cycles out of a battery if I don;t charge it at 3 and 4 smartpaths. I'm never a million miles away from a usb cable, so the battery never really gets drained too often.
What I do is hit a bowl at 3 until it auto shuts off (1 cycle), then finish the bowl at 4 later on and it's usually spent by then. Depending on the quality of the dope, I can just run one cycle on path 3 and it can be done.
So yes, 3 bowls (6 cycles) off one battery for me is doable on SP3 and SP4 and that's dark ABV fully extracted.

I really like this small thing. Still haven't got round to selling the plastic tasting Mighty so I can buy it's bigger brother the IQ yet, but might treat myself to an xmas prezzie.! :brow:

Good luck deciding.
:tup:

norweedian

Hi Norweedian,

I use my Miqro mostly for when out and about (walking the dog) and I get about 5 or 6 cycles out of a battery if I don;t charge it at 3 and 4 smartpaths. I'm never a million miles away from a usb cable, so the battery never really gets drained too often.
What I do is hit a bowl at 3 until it auto shuts off (1 cycle), then finish the bowl at 4 later on and it's usually spent by then. Depending on the quality of the dope, I can just run one cycle on path 3 and it can be done.
So yes, 3 bowls (6 cycles) off one battery for me is doable on SP3 and SP4 and that's dark ABV fully extracted.

I really like this small thing. Still haven't got round to selling the plastic tasting Mighty so I can buy it's bigger brother the IQ yet, but might treat myself to an xmas prezzie.! :brow:

Good luck deciding.
:tup:

That sounds pretty good to me, thanks for the relpy man! For me it's gonna be used as a out and about vape. Most of the time it's only gonna be used for one or two bowls on the go. Having a spare bat for those long summer days is probably wise, I'll go with the standard pack and buy an external charger and a couple of batteries.

I think u sir have tipped it for me. I think I'll go with the miqro. Bought the mflb years ago just bc of it's small size and sleek looks. So i hope this little vape will become as good of a friend as the mflb. Still use mine from time to time.

Can't wait to test this little vape. Not sure if i can hold out for the BF sale. VAS has been really strong lately

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

Before I comment to some of your specific questions - I should start with my Miqro doesn’t work anymore. So, while I really enjoyed it when it was working, it is now a (small) brick in my drawer. My Pax 3 (which I bought before the Miqro) is still going strong.

Battery: if I remember correctly, mine only lasted about 3 sessions (between 15-20 min). I believe I needed about 1 1/2 sessions to get through an oven. So, if you are going out and about with 3 loads - you will need an extra battery or two.
The good news is the batteries are small, so they don’t take up much extra space.
I bought a few extra batteries with higher capacity and at the end of the day, none of them gave me much extra (maybe an extra minute or two max).

Extraction: I can’t test for you - maybe someone with a working one is willing to give it a shot.
But my memory is that it took me more than 5 minutes to fully extract - and it needed to be stirred in order for that to happen. I just chose not to stir and I still got some really nice effects and somewhat dark AVB. If I reused my AVB, I am sure there would still be a little kick left from unstirred pack for goodies.

I really did love this guy when it was working - I hope you get lots of great use from yours!

Jill NYC,

norweedian

Before I comment to some of your specific questions - I should start with my Miqro doesn’t work anymore. So, while I really enjoyed it when it was working, it is now a (small) brick in my drawer. My Pax 3 (which I bought before the Miqro) is still going strong.

Battery: if I remember correctly, mine only lasted about 3 sessions (between 15-20 min). I believe I needed about 1 1/2 sessions to get through an oven. So, if you are going out and about with 3 loads - you will need an extra battery or two.
The good news is the batteries are small, so they don’t take up much extra space.
I bought a few extra batteries with higher capacity and at the end of the day, none of them gave me much extra (maybe an extra minute or two max).

Extraction: I can’t test for you - maybe someone with a working one is willing to give it a shot.
But my memory is that it took me more than 5 minutes to fully extract - and it needed to be stirred in order for that to happen. I just chose not to stir and I still got some really nice effects and somewhat dark AVB. If I reused my AVB, I am sure there would still be a little kick left from unstirred pack for goodies.

I really did love this guy when it was working - I hope you get lots of great use from yours!

Thats the only thing that had me on the fence. 25-30 minutes per charge is ok enough but 15 minutes, half the advertised life is not. The pax might be a better buy at the same price. Damn it im back on the fence. Maybe i just should go for the one with the best sale on BF.

I could also swing for the argo, but since i have a solo for the daily driver since 2011 i kinda want something different.

The miqro would be perfect if it wasnt for the big difference in battery performance reported.

Maybe i need to ask santa nicely for two vapes this xmas

norweedian,
Reactions: Jill NYC

SimonSpeakeasy

I can help with some of this.

I haven't used a Pax 3 but the Miqro is very good. The Explorer pack has some very useful extras - things that you would probably have to buy as extras if you didn't get the pack.

I run the vape at nearly maximum temperatures (I don't use Smart Paths) and the battery lasts for 20 minutes. In my actual usage, a session is 10 minutes, so one battery lasts for two sessions. It seems to me that the vape takes about two minutes to heat up thoroughly. Because of this extended 'lead time', minimum session length is about 7 minutes (2 minute warmup and 5 minutes practical usage).

As you probably know, the performance of batteries is commonly misrepresented by sellers. Fogstar is a site which claims to accurately measure the performance of the batteries that it sells.
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/blogs/articles/best-18350-battery-for-vaping
I bought two 1100mAh batteries for <£5 each.
Note that I haven't actually performed any tests comparing the batteries supplied by DaVinci with the ones from Fogstar though. The site looks good though :-)

A couple of other comments:
- IMO the flat mouthpiece gives way to much draw resistance, but the extended mouthpiece is just right.
- being able to clean the entire airpath is fantastic.
- the vape runs very very hot. Not a showstopper for me, but it is hot, The Explorers Pack has a silicone sleeve (which I don't use).

With all my comments, your mileage (or, in your case, kilometreage) may vary.

Marcus

Mine warms up in about 30 seconds. As I say, I can get 5 or 6 cycles out of a battery at 5 mins each, I do shut off early sometimes - again strain dependent.
Mines only a couple of months old so I'm possibly getting bettery battery life than you folks cause it's new.
It runs warm, but that is soo cosy on a winters evening. I pop it in my pocket between every lungful, keeps my underpants comfy. :tup:

I agree that the long mouth piece is best. The flat one is too hot on the vapour.

I also have a solo (2), and the Miqro gets used more... SO much more the wife owns the Solo now. :rofl:
Infact, the MIqro has shelved my splinter, mighty and solo.

Yeah, I like this little thing.

:haw:

Longen

Hey everyone, i haven't been on in quite a while. I got myself a Miqro yesterday. I did have an accent a few years ago, before i start, bear in mind i own a grasshopper (been sent back 4 times, given up now lol). I have a boundless CFX, an arizer air (had an original solo), a pax 2, an Argo, a dynavap vapcap m, my friend has an iq of which i have tried and really liked. But the miqro I was a little dissapointed if i'm honest, i appreciate it is a small micro dosing unit, but the vapour production is really poor in my opinion. I tried packing looser, tighter, i adjusted the bowl size, i got some half reasonable clouds, and the affects were there, i have researched tips and tricks and i tried a few sessions, compared to my pax 2 or my Argo that arn't "that" much bigger they outperform this for me. The miqro produced whispy pathetic hits at low temps, i had to put it on 430 to get any visible vapour. I do appreciate that it is for "micro dosing" but i did expect better. The battery life i had 2 full bowls, across 4 x 5 minute sessions then put it on charge. The taste was very nice, the build quality it excellent, i will be doing some further testing over the next few evenings so i will update soon. I have seen a few people commenting about other small vapes, worth looking at the air 2, my air is my daily driver and had been for 5 years, never skipped a beat.

VapeWell

Hey everyone, i haven't been on in quite a while. I got myself a Miqro yesterday. I did have an accent a few years ago, before i start, bear in mind i own a grasshopper (been sent back 4 times, given up now lol). I have a boundless CFX, an arizer air (had an original solo), a pax 2, an Argo, a dynavap vapcap m, my friend has an iq of which i have tried and really liked. But the miqro I was a little dissapointed if i'm honest, i appreciate it is a small micro dosing unit, but the vapour production is really poor in my opinion. I tried packing looser, tighter, i adjusted the bowl size, i got some half reasonable clouds, and the affects were there, i have researched tips and tricks and i tried a few sessions, compared to my pax 2 or my Argo that arn't "that" much bigger they outperform this for me. The miqro produced whispy pathetic hits at low temps, i had to put it on 430 to get any visible vapour. I do appreciate that it is for "micro dosing" but i did expect better. The battery life i had 2 full bowls, across 4 x 5 minute sessions then put it on charge. The taste was very nice, the build quality it excellent, i will be doing some further testing over the next few evenings so i will update soon. I have seen a few people commenting about other small vapes, worth looking at the air 2, my air is my daily driver and had been for 5 years, never skipped a beat.
Welcome to the mIQro family, frient. I too have a Solo 2 and a Boundless CF. Being a tad slower than most, it took me a while to get the mIQro “right”.
I use the extended mouthpiece; lightly pack medium ground herb; draw slowlyyyyy with a several second pause between hits to allow the oven to return to optimal temps. Initially, I was trying to overcome a tight pack by sucking so hard I could have removed the chrome off a bumper (yeah at one time kids, bumpers were made of chromed metal, not plastic, but I digress). A light tamp to pack, and less forceful draws did it right by me.
I’ll grant you, I’m not sure clouds can be produced with the mIQro, but with the technique described above, the little device will get you some very strong effects. Wheeeeee!
For me, the mIQro is but another tool in the toolbox - primarily useful when you want to be discrete yet will get the job done.
VapeWell!

Longen

Welcome to the mIQro family, frient. I too have a Solo 2 and a Boundless CF. Being a tad slower than most, it took me a while to get the mIQro “right”.
I use the extended mouthpiece; lightly pack medium ground herb; draw slowlyyyyy with a several second pause between hits to allow the oven to return to optimal temps. Initially, I was trying to overcome a tight pack by sucking so hard I could have removed the chrome off a bumper (yeah at one time kids, bumpers were made of chromed metal, not plastic, but I digress). A light tamp to pack, and less forceful draws did it right by me.
I’ll grant you, I’m not sure clouds can be produced with the mIQro, but with the technique described above, the little device will get you some very strong effects. Wheeeeee!
For me, the mIQro is but another tool in the toolbox - primarily useful when you want to be discrete yet will get the job done.
VapeWell!

Thank you for your reply, i have just tried a sesh with a few adjustments to my packing (thanks to you i may add) and i am definately getting some better vapour production. And yes i do not expect it to pump out plumes of vapour (altho that would be cool ) i will give it some more time and i will update my review in a few days. I do have quite a collection to choose from, since i've been single i've been spoiling myself . I will say tho, the taste is very good, and to be fair, it definately extracts well imo. Happy Vaping peeps Much Love !

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Wow ....may be time to re-evaluate my technique as ive been packing tightly and maybe drawing too hard ...

Thanks @VapeWell , @Jill NYC and @Longen ...

Im dying to try it out but will have to wait till tomorrow as im already baked beyond all reason and and just starting on a rusty nail scotch cocktail looking forward to the rest of the Rangers Caps game .... but maybe midway through the 3rd period ... ;)

Sorry to hear about your Miqro Jill ... mines hanging in there but still having that intermittent battery recognition problem

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

Miqro experiments can wait till tomorrow .... 4-1 Rangers ... Go Blue

20191120-224847.jpg

Longen

Hey everyone, so i thought i would write a little update.

It's grown on me, a fair bit. So i have been trying various methods and amounts etc. And after a good few sessions, i've really become quite fond of this little Miqro.
First of all the build quality is impressive and of a very good standard, the little pick i use to stir and tamp down my load, i've ordered a spare battery and the little carry pod thing for the battery. It's so tiny, and the affects are very good, it extracts really well imo, and the flavour is also very nice.
So i fill up above the white line and tamp it level so it's reasonably pressed down, then put a tiny pinch more as if to overload it, i then press down the lid and if the pearl slightly presses the load down and it closes, i'm good to go. I also do a little test puff and if it's free flowing, i add another little pinch and tamp it down, i like it so that there is a little restriction in the draw. I personally enjoy higher temps and particularly with this vape, i take slow hits as @VapeWell suggested, and i find i get much better vapour, but also for me a bit more of a satisfying hit. I stir my load usually twice and tend to just go into a third session (as in 5 minute timeouts) i use the pearl each stir and twist it a couole of turns to keep the load firm, i find i can't just pull and rip it like some of my other vapes but with some patience, and help from you guys, i'm getting nice hits and some nice clouds considering it's so tiny, and i would say i would get 2 sessions out of this. Each session being 2-3 five minute runs. With a spare battery i'd be happy to take this out. My pax 2 or my Argo usually come out to play lol, when i'm going out somewhere, but i'm going to take this little beast with me and continue to try some new methods. I will update again in a week or two after some extensive playing.

Happy Vaping. Much Love.

NeedleNuts

Hi,

I think I've just read all 28 pages now. My go to vape would be the Fury2 and it has been for the past year. Absolutley love it but it's a bit heavy in the pocket when out and about so I've decided to get the Miqro for this.
You may know that the Fury comes with a silcone cap which really is required as it stinks if you have a half vaped contents.
Does the miqro stink after one session? Without the little case will it stink up my clothes in my pocket??

Cheers

NYC_Frank

Good choice ... a steal at $99 for this gem of a stealthy machine.

The MiQro does tend to smell a little more (both in use, and at rest after starting a bowl), but not strikingly so as the bowl size is on the smaller side. Haven't noticed it stinking up my clothes but i usually carry it in a tiny pouch. The case Davinci sells for it is smell proof but too bulky for the pocket.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
If you are using the longer mouthpiece (which I wholeheartedly recommend) it definitely leaks some stink.
There has to be an easy solution to cover it. Someone far more resourceful than I probably knows of something common that can be used to cover the mp without having to use a case.
@OF - (the most resourceful folk I know on FC) have you come across anything you think would fit over the opening of the long mp?

OF

There has to be an easy solution to cover it. Someone far more resourceful than I probably knows of something common that can be used to cover the mp without having to use a case.

Easy. You want a vinyl cap (sometimes called a 'thread protector'). 3/8 ID but you need a long version like these:
https://www.amazon.com/SBDs-Pack-10...1574794657&sprefix=3/8+vinuyl,aps,378&sr=8-12

They need to be abnormally long to reach far enough down the tapered MP to grip. I had some similar ones left over from another project (not from Amazon) which is what I use. 5/16 inch (not easy to find) should also work as should some metric size.

I also used a small cork from the local hardware store for a while but it broke off inside and was a PITA to dig out, caution is advised there.

Thanks for the kind words, @Jill NYC. Glad to help out when I can.

Regards to all.

OF

VapeWell

Hi,

I think I've just read all 28 pages now. My go to vape would be the Fury2 and it has been for the past year. Absolutley love it but it's a bit heavy in the pocket when out and about so I've decided to get the Miqro for this.
You may know that the Fury comes with a silcone cap which really is required as it stinks if you have a half vaped contents.
Does the miqro stink after one session? Without the little case will it stink up my clothes in my pocket??

Cheers
Maybe my mileage varies from others, but any “stink” according to my prodigious proboscis is relatively minor, no? I’ve not encountered any mIQro associated funk in my pants’ pockets. I’ll grant you it’s certainly not odor free, but not an issue unless you’re standing next to a DEA doggo. Others?
VapeWell!

OF

Maybe my mileage varies from others, but any “stink” according to my prodigious proboscis is relatively minor, no?

I don't find it particularly strong, other vapes are worse, but I can smell it from several feet away. We've discussed smells a lot over the years, it's pretty subjective. As I recall the 'threshold of detection' (level at which an individual detects it) can vary 3 decades (1000 to one) or more. Moreover people with 'sensitive noses' can often be 'smell blind' to another smell.

Add to that that history plays a big part. Ever know a cigarette smoker that didn't think they and their clothes closet didn't reek? There may be such a person somewhere, but I never met 'em. This is why non smoking parents can ferret out a smoking child.......

Or why older women often use excessive perfume?

If the smell bothers you or those around you, and a fix is simple, by all means consider it?

OF

NYC_Frank

Really no concern on the smell factor ... i always use the flat mouthpiece as its so damned discrete and good looking i don't want to change a thing ... I'll have to give the long mouthpiece a whirl at home one of these days

jamhead

For those that have used both - if you could get the IQ for 160 US or the MIQRO for 120 US - which would you go with?

Your usage would be 0.05 - 0.1g per day. No sharing-purpose is stealth with quick hits to get you where you want to be.

Thanks.

jamhead,
Top Bottom