Dani Fusion by Battery-free Ganz

seriousTone

Hmm now this presents another wrinkle...

How tf is the shorty working with airports closed and no airport, like @Sativapo ( Daprezz) says. I was also wondering what the closed position was exactly for.l but had forgotten about it.

But now theres also testing to be done with airports closed and just carb on long stem open - maybe this will be the MTL hits I'm looking for ha.

But will have to test alongside one airport open but carb taped off

Thanks @Necra I'm also just excited about the simplicity of this device and not having to use a condenser and o rings anymore.

@batteryfreeganz is the fusion meant to be used with no airport on the stem at all? Is the plan to update the long stems to be carbless?

Thanks in advance!

2pumpchump

@batteryfreeganz this is a good ? about the air ports being completely blocked off will it draw ?? is this setting for upcoming chambers??
@seriousTone same hear i just like to try things different as i barley use the carb on mine why i went with the shorty carbless ..
i was just pointing out the difference in location of mane and secondary air ports are completely reversed .
either way if BFG don't answer you guys let me know . but my order is in should be getting it next shipment coming in . and im just as excited as when i purchased my first BFG wait no more because how much i love the last 1!

SonicBacon

Fusion arrived today and it feels great with the shorty stem. One thing I have not seen mentioned about adjusting the airflow, is that you can only do it with the cap removed.

So it you want to test the airflow it goes like this…

Load bowl, adjust airflow, install cap, draw, remove cap, adjust airflow, install cap, test draw, repeat until satisfied.

Not a big deal at all as I plan to set it and forget it, but worth noting. I think it would be better if it could be adjusted with the cap in place. I’m not sure how they could do that with this design, but I’m just the ideas guy, not the solutions guy :D

Sativapo

Not a big deal at all as I plan to set it and forget it, but worth noting. I think it would be better if it could be adjusted with the cap in place. I’m not sure how they could do that with this design, but I’m just the ideas guy, not the solutions guy guy
This is something I acknowledged with the video before ordering. It would be another vape. One of the difficulties would be to have a setting mechanism exactly were you apply the flame that could change shape and block or get loose with the direct heat. Inside the mechanism is more protected, you can even have orings next to it to hold the bowl / airflow covers.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Nice dude! I hadn't seen that one, great video, love that guy.

So it seems like the fusion was made particularly with the shorty in mind and no carb.

Guess I'll just tape off my carb and be done with it.

Yeah not really a fan of carbs myself so I’m happy it seems to have been designed with that in mind. Also happy I went with the shorty stem as well. If all goes well with the post I should have mine by the time I roll home from work. I’ve got entirely too much weed I need to vape, so the Fusion will be in good company as I run it through a battery of tests.

2pumpchump

Fusion arrived today and it feels great with the shorty stem. One thing I have not seen mentioned about adjusting the airflow, is that you can only do it with the cap removed.

So it you want to test the airflow it goes like this…

Load bowl, adjust airflow, install cap, draw, remove cap, adjust airflow, install cap, test draw, repeat until satisfied.

Not a big deal at all as I plan to set it and forget it, but worth noting. I think it would be better if it could be adjusted with the cap in place. I’m not sure how they could do that with this design, but I’m just the ideas guy, not the solutions guy :D
most of us knew that .. is why it did not get brought up ..
BUT WE ARE GLAD YOU POINTED THIS OUT AS NOT EVERY ONE KNEW OR THOUGHT ABOUT IT COULD BE HELPFULL TO OTHERS!!!!!!
i did see that clip but i was referring to the user manual by BFG saying you can close all air holes off !?
Nice dude! I hadn't seen that one, great video, love that guy.

So it seems like the fusion was made particularly with the shorty in mind and no carb.

Guess I'll just tape off my carb and be done with it.
yes intended to dont mean you cant use a carb . what size is the carb hole i have some SS set screws might be just rite size.

Last edited:

seriousTone

HO-LY shit - this thing is so absolutely beautiful. My wife can't believe that BFG only charges what they do for this level of quality.

First impressions I am absolutely taping off the carb hole. I will say, I appreciate that this hole is EASILY felt by the finger to be blocked off. Where as on my dynavap and simrell stems, I can't even feel it at all and have to look for it.

Also, a single hole open wasn't quite MTL enough for me but like 1/4-1/2 hole open is SO satisfying - cannot wait to use this thing!

@Necra my carb is about 2.4mm. Thats a good idea!

Last edited:

GratefulDread

HO-LY shit - this thing is so absolutely beautiful. My wife can't believe that BFG only charges what they do for this level of quality.

First impressions I am absolutely taping off the carb hole. I will say, I appreciate that this hole is EASILY felt by the finger to be blocked off. Where as on my dynavap and simrell stems, I can't even feel it at all and have to look for it.

Also, a single hole open wasn't quite MTL enough for me but like 1/4-1/2 hole open is SO satisfying - cannot wait to use this thing!
Looks super nice. My VAS is flaring up...
I'd recommend trying to find a piece of silicone or wood for the carb hole. I wouldn't want tape glue in my airpath :2c:

seriousTone

Looks super nice. My VAS is flaring up...
I'd recommend trying to find a piece of silicone or wood for the carb hole. I wouldn't want tape glue in my airpath :2c:
Good point...

I found these shellac filler sticks and shellac is food safe and non toxic. But idk if I want to spend 24 bucks for them to fill a tiny hole.

Liberon Shellac Filler Sticks Set of 3 (Dark) https://a.co/d/60PWSyu

But incase anyone else is interested.

seriousTone,

Arawfish

Green Thumb

That’s a stunner! Rosewood is honestly so damn beautiful and was one of the main selling points for me! If they only offered this with the metal stem I probably wouldn’t have bought one.

Ps, my Fusion is sitting at home waiting for me! T-minus 2 hours until I’m home from work.

seriousTone

That’s a stunner! Rosewood is honestly so damn beautiful and was one of the main selling points for me! If they only offered this with the metal stem I probably wouldn’t have bought one.

Ps, my Fusion is sitting at home waiting for me! T-minus 2 hours until I’m home from work.
Haha that's exciting.

Absolutely same here, 100% not interested in the looks of all metal devices. Gotta have my wood!

seriousTone,

Sativapo

How tf is the shorty working with airports closed and no airport, like @Sativapo ( Daprezz) says. I was also wondering what the closed position was exactly for.l but had forgotten about it.

But now theres also testing to be done with airports closed and just carb on long stem open - maybe this will be the MTL hits I'm looking for ha.
Also, a single hole open wasn't quite MTL enough for me but like 1/4-1/2 hole open is SO satisfying
I guess we got our answer : you can block the second... but partially. If all goes well with the post I'll check this tomorrow evening.

As I also like with ecig vapes I'll target an in-between MTL/DL airflow. So maybe one hole closed ? We'll see.

Is it convection heavy ?

Last edited:

seriousTone

I guess we got our answer : you can block the second... but partially. If all goes well with the post I'll check this tomorrow evening.

As I also like with ecig vapes I'll target an in-between MTL/DL airflow. So maybe one hole closed ? We'll see.

Is it convection heavy ?
Actually now that you mention it, you can still pull air through in the closed position - it's pretty tight though and idk how nice to use that way.

Also both airports closed but the carb open is even more wide open than just both airports so definitely not for me.

@Sativapo ( Daprezz) In my opinion, using a single torch and heating either band just to the click or about 4-5 seconds after gets you very convection heavy, very tasty hits. Not much vapor but love the flavor.

I did one heat to the click on the top band, one heat to the click on the bottom band and another heat about 4-5 seconds after the click on the bottom band and the roast looks light yellow with some green in it still - exactly the look I'd see in my log after a few lighter hits.

The bowl is cold now but I have been just enjoying sucking on the fusion, like an ecig, without even heating over the course of the last hour because the taste is so good at this point.

seriousTone,
Reactions: Sativapo

leanpubpackage

Received the fusion today and had a few bowls. Some preliminary thoughts:
  • You are able to adjust the airflow further by unscrewing the cap up to 2 full turns. Even with both holes open, the airflow with the cap tightend all the way is very tight and actually unusable. Once you unscrew it a turn or two, it was wide open and can be used direct to lung and good for hitting through water
  • The experience was very mediocre using a wand. It takes well over a minute for you to get solid hits from it. Do not bother getting a wand just for the Dani. I am open to tips for those who were able to get it working well with the wand
  • Now I will get to where the magic happens and when the magic happens, it's SO much better than the V3SS. Use a Ronxs dual flame lighter, set it to single flame and heat towards the very bottom of the lower ring. You can adjust how much longer after the click you heat it for depending on your flame size. I used about 1.5 inch flame and heated after the click for 8 seconds. MAN, does it chuck vapor and you can do it direct to lung too (no throat kick like the vapcaps). You can easily kill an entire bowl in one hit. This new tip and cap definitely feels more convection-based than the previous Danis. Absolutely worth the upgrade if you have a V3SS. I never used a V3Ti so I cannot comment on that
  • The bowl is narrower and so it now can take a 3/8 mesh screen (and probably a vapcap ccd, I no longer own vapcaps and so cannot confirm). The CCD that came with my fusion was the same size as the V3 and forced fit into this one
  • My V3 cap fits over my fusion tip. I will try this configuration at a later date
  • The threads on my do not feel perfect. Although it did not feel perfect on my V3 either but smoothed out significantly after some use
  • The leather sleeve is much nicer than the previous one

I probably have more thoughts to share but am too toasty for the time being

Last edited:

Kreator87

I tried it with all the holes closed off and it was a struggle to pull on it, like trying to drink a Wendy's Frosty through a straw. I'm gonna try one airhole next.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Ooofff. So I’ve got some bad news to report. I just received my Fusion and this is what it looked like moments after I opened the package:

That’s pretty fucked up if you ask me. When I Pre-order a brand new device I sure as hell expect it to be brand new. Not used and covered in resin. This is a bad look @batteryfreeganz . Similar to people selling dab rigs as brand new when clearly there’s video of it being used. I expected better, but honestly with the condition that my original Dani V2 arrived to me in, I’m not at all surprised.

This was purchased from Soothing Vapours, but based on the timeline alone I really don’t think Phil would have had the time (or inclination) to vape several bowls out of this before repackaging and sending to me.

Literally sent me a used device, covered in cannabis resin, through international borders. Like what the fuck.

Edit: situation has been remedied (very swiftly I might add) but I’m going to leave this post unedited for authenticity purposes.

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Received the fusion today and had a few bowls. Some preliminary thoughts:
  • You are able to adjust the airflow further by unscrewing the cap up to 2 full turns. Even with both holes open, the airflow with the cap tightend all the way is very tight and actually unusable. Once you unscrew it a turn or two, it was wide open and can be used direct to lung and good for hitting through water
  • The experience was very mediocre using a wand. It takes well over a minute for you to get solid hits from it. Do not bother getting a wand just for the Dani. I am open to tips for those who were able to get it working well with the wand
  • Now I will get to where the magic happens and when the magic happens, it's SO much better than the V3SS. Use a Ronxs dual flame lighter, set it to single flame and heat towards the very bottom of the lower ring. You can adjust how much longer after the click you heat it for depending on your flame size. I used about 1.5 inch flame and heated after the click for 8 seconds. MAN, does it chuck vapor and you can do it mouth to lung too (no throat kick like the vapcaps). You can easily kill an entire bowl in one hit. This new tip and cap definitely feels more convection-based than the previous Danis. Absolutely worth the upgrade if you have a V3SS. I never used a V3Ti so I cannot comment on that
  • The bowl is narrower and so it now can take a 3/8 mesh screen (and probably a vapcap ccd, I no longer own vapcaps and so cannot confirm). The CCD that came with my fusion was the same size as the V3 and forced fit into this one
  • My V3 cap fits over my fusion tip. I will try this configuration at a later date
  • The threads on my do not feel perfect. Although it did not feel perfect on my V3 either but smoothed out significantly after some use
  • The leather sleeve is much nicer than the previous one

I probably have more thoughts to share but am too toasty for the time being
Thanks this answers a lot of? S asked by my self and other people that has not been answered yet.

2pumpchump,

2pumpchump

Ooofff. So I’ve got some bad news to report. I just received my Fusion and this is what it looked like moments after I opened the package:

That’s pretty fucked up if you ask me. When I Pre-order a brand new device I sure as hell expect it to be brand new. Not used and covered in resin. This is a bad look @batteryfreeganz . Similar to people selling dab rigs as brand new when clearly there’s video of it being used. I expected better, but honestly with the condition that my original Dani V2 arrived to me in, I’m not at all surprised.

This was purchased from Soothing Vapours, but based on the timeline alone I really don’t think Phil would have had the time (or inclination) to vape several bowls out of this before repackaging and sending to me.

Literally sent me a used device, covered in cannabis resin, through international borders. Like what the fuck.

Thanks this answers a lot of? S asked by my self and other people that has not been answered yet.
Wear did you order from ???

Please merge

2pumpchump,

GratefulDread

I don't know you but if what you're saying is true... it's completely unacceptable.
I won't be doing business with whoever is responsible and if it's BFG then I'm skipping this vape.
Was the packaging sealed?

GratefulDread,
Reactions: 2pumpchump

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I don't know you but if what you're saying is true... it's completely unacceptable.
I won't be doing business with whoever is responsible and if it's BFG then I'm skipping this vape.

I’m literally shocked right now. Something like this would result in being permanently disbarred and dismembered from the EE, and that’s as private people trading used goods. But for a full ass company to do this? On a pre-sale device that just barely hit the market? Absolutely unacceptable. I’ve never actually been “mad” about anything with any company ever, even outside of vapes, and I gotta say I’m pretty fuckin choked about this.

Package was sealed well, like any other package I would normally receive. No damage or signs of being tampered or anything, and the vape was firmly inside the leather sleeve.

Arawfish,
Reactions: Franco

leanpubpackage

DAMN that’s bad…likely a simple mistake but an awful one at that. Hope they make it right

leanpubpackage,
Top Bottom